The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN (embed)
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Plant a few trees, kill some ayys
youtube.com/watch?v=appHBe0ZSOA
youtube.com/watch?v=LsyPsn5jZhA
youtube.com/watch?v=I-ousb8-SD0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/poKWvy2Q4g4
youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE
docs.google.com/document/d/1j3sG2NUAmKj4BgJA9yLYk-i7ZfflXkcamVvgscNzkZk/mobilebasic
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848571873&searchtext=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for should I respec my only sniper into a gunslinger in Vanilla Xcom2

pistols are useful

Is there a way to modify dark events in long war2 yet? My will is not high enough to handle the thought of lighting reflex stunlancers and the already flanky vipers getting hunters insticts just to make sure they get the onehitkill.

early/mid game: sure why not, full gunslinger

late game with a +21 Aim PCS and Superior Scope: full sniper

I mean I know the trigger was the spiderman mod request but why did it trigger him?

Guys, could you help? I have no idea what I did wrong.

I opened up animation file of beam sniper rifle in Blender, modified it a bit to make it swap in small arc, but when I tried to import it in X2 editor, it dropped this error and application crashed.

I just wanted to make flamethrower animation with rifle.

No one really knows

Archangel Armor needs to make a return.

download easier war dark events

configure

???

I just found that the last time I brought him on a mission I ended up taking 3 shots with the rifle and the handgun did the rest of the work. It'd be fun to build around that playstyle a little.

user the vulva should be just a bit lower on that drawing

My first LW1 terror mission went a lot better than I thought, with two assaults with shotguns and two engineers with four grenades each. I think I had a medic and a rocketeer as well. I just spammed grenades until there was nothing left standing, and only lost some 2-3 civilians.

Both my assaults were gravely wounded though, and I had to go without them for a whole month.

Anyway: a lot of explosives. That's how I tackle almost all terror missions, at least in the beginning.

Managed to complete my panic mission. I originally went in with one Rocketeer. For my last attempt I went in with three and just blew the xeno scum back into the sky.

VIGILO CONFIDO

First for shilling shitty youtube videos

youtu.be/poKWvy2Q4g4

:^)

ALLAHU XCOM

AKBAR VIGILO YALLA

needs a fresh campaign

I remember ignoring rocketeers when i was a wee lad in LW. By the time I was playing I/I, they really came into their own as "oh fucking christ how am i supposed to deal with this" buttons

VIGILO CONFIDO

Is skipping lasers viable?

I do it all the time.
I also die.

Did you watch that animation tutorial video for Xcom2 the sassy viper guy made?

If no watch it

If yes, then i dunno

They're a lot less of an investment than mag and give plus +5 aim.

And swords are not.

I though someone already made a flamethrower animation?

Wakaliwood voice mod when

youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

In LW they are

If you like suffering and not doing many missions. Lasers are cheap.

They did? All I see is arm-mounted thrower like in original animation.

Yes, but I dont really understand it. Would be better if I had written version, trying to listen to him is kinda problematic.

I hate video guides.

Yes. But it takes a long time, and you are really only saving a few days of research at most, during which you have to wait a *long* time with just ballistic weapons.

It isn't worth it if you have to skip missions, but if you can manage without them you can start crushing Troop Ambush missions.

Behead those who insult SwordCOM

Okay, now Im completely out of ideas.

I made new package, imported both animations for flamethrower and for firing beam sniper rifle (without modifying any, I guess they dont like Blender) and copied notifies from flamethrower animation to rifle one (contains triggers for particle effects, sound, aim and such).

But for some reason fire goes not straight but off to the right.

Anybody have any idea?

Huh. Somebody actually did it. Ain't that somethin'.

he's right though

swords are shit

I've found that whenever I try and import any weapon skeleton from blender into the sdk it gives that same error no matter what. I think it has something to do with the root bone bring mislabelled or something.

>doesn't like one-shotting Sectoids and Vipers from across the map
gay desu

>UFO-08 sighting in LW 1
>Only have one jet available because the rest are still being repaired due to UFO-07 being piloted by Luke Skywalker
>Jet fails to intercept

Now I got a swarming abduction mission in near full panic China. Thank you Mr. Lump

Swords are shit, ninjatos are GOD-TIER

I went full retard and sent my entire fleet of interceptors to take down a medium UFO, which they all spectacularly failed at.

I went rest of the month without any interceptors, but luckily only lost one satellite.

The answer might be in this

docs.google.com/document/d/1j3sG2NUAmKj4BgJA9yLYk-i7ZfflXkcamVvgscNzkZk/mobilebasic

did you try to kill a medium? Don't do that.

It is shooting straight, but it's shooting from the socket where it would normally fire if he was using the wrist mounted flamethrower.

See that icon on the top that's like a red triangle upside down with a black arrow pointing at it? Click it that's the socket manager and it's important, scroll down until you see something like right hand or something like that, click on that and look at where it says skeletal mesh, it should be pointing to a pistol, replace the pistol with the beam sniper rifle(find the beam sniper rifle on the SDK, click on it(don't open it, just select it), then go back to the socket manager and next to the path to the pistol there should be a green arrow or something, click on it and it should replace the pistol on the soldier's right hand with the beam sniper rifle.

Now, open the beam sniper rifle, and go to it's socket manager, and see what the socket for the gun fire is called(it's probably something like gun_fire iirc). Now, go back to your flamethrower animation, go to animsequence and find the Flamethrowerfire(probably) notification, it should say something like emitter socket or whatever, change it to gun_fire, and that should make it so that the fire comes from the beam sniper rifle.

I'm just guessing though, i don't have the SDK open right now.

Also when you're done with everything, it will probably ask you if you want to save something like soldier medium something or other because you replaced the pistol with the beam sniper on that "test model" or whatever, it probably doesn't break anything if you save it like that, but i would just say don't save it.

Also i haven't used the mod, but i think you are already too late with this, see here:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848571873&searchtext=

You can get mediums early but don't even try without laser cannons. And until you get supercapacitors don't try large.

>messing around
>wipe out all his buddies
>out like in the open i don't give a fuck
>he does literally nothing on his turn, not even hunker

Is this the "pissed yourself" mechanic?

Yeah I kinda learned that the hard way. I just go for small ones now.

Sadly, not really. I tried reading it and its really nice and all, but still couldnt find.

So it doesnt like Blender and Im supposed to rather use Autodesk instead?

I have a feeling that its pointless to setup Autodeks account and downloading trial if this whole ting will probably ends up as failed experiment.

The AI is programmed to be unpredictable to an extent. This means it will sometimes take unwise actions or those that are unlikely to succeed. It's possible his mobility was so impacted by the flashbang or whatever disoriented him that he opted to stay put.

>forgot that predator armor costs advent soldier corpses
>no problem, just got a downed UFO!
>2 stun lancer, 1 MEC, 2 heavy trooper, 2 sectoid 1 muton

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm not a very good XCOM player (normal ironman being the hardest I've completed), but if LW has taught me anything, it's the value of destroying cover, spamming flashbangs and using suppression. The latter two have saved my ass more times than I can count.

Thanks for detailed explanation, but I kinda lost myself at the "click on it and it should replace the pistol on the soldier's right hand with the beam sniper rifle" part, because it doesnt replace anything.

I will keep trying, tho.

>Also i haven't used the mod, but i think you are already too late with this, see here:

I didnt plan on making flamer as separate weapon. All I wanted was to add a skill for custom class that would work like flamethrower but fired from rifle (should be underbarrel but Im too green to make models). And another that would use normal fire animation for firing grenades.

But thanks for the link.

>under barrel attachments
Sounds like a worthwhile cause to me. Keep up it up user.

Changed socket on particle effect (P_Heavy_Flamethrower_Blast) with R_Hand and it shoots straight, yet from hand. But its always some progress.

I can only guess that it would require me to make new weapon class, with all tiers that would have additional socket, copypasted from gun, but located lower.

I dont think I can make it ;_;

It probably seems pretty daunting if you want to do that all yourself, but remember that it's called a modding community. Keep asking for help, talk to other modders, and they will probably be interested in helping you or even doing entire parts of the project.

>interrupt meeting mission
>pod with faceless walks in to me
>it transforms and then runs up to attack me on the same turn with itchy trigger tentacle disabled

That's from the vanilla game.

Just wanted to add that while I can indeed place mesh of said sniper rifle in place of pistol in preview hand, model dont receive sockets from said sniper rifle. So I can enter "gun_fire" instead of "R_Hand" in socket name for particle effect but nothing will then appear, because animation lacks this socket.

I thought it would import sockets somehow but turns out it dont.

Asking here or somewhere else as well?

>Asking here or somewhere else as well?
You can unironically ask for help on reddit, but also there is a X2 modding discord that all the modder hang out on. I don't know exactly how to get on the discord (I don't mod, never looked into it), but I know we have some moddders and other curious anons here.

Say what you want about Advent, but they sure know how to make a snazzy insignia

Why "unironically"? I mean, I know all those jokes like "go back to" and all, but is there something more about that?

Oh and by they way if I placed certain weapon mesh into animation, it wont force appear when using different one, right?

This is how it looks like now.

It's just an ethereal with its arms at its side

>mfw I just realised I had gone 7 days without a research program assigned

So what's the deal with Stenchfury right now? I saw he's trying to make a brand new alien unit on his patreon.

Didn't you answer your own question? He's making the sillocoid from x-com.

ALLOYS

I NEED ALLOYS NOW

>it's a crashed scout UFO trap mission episode

This is actually the worst feeling in the world and I feel guilty every time I take a casualty.

Honestly, LW2 just needs to have more timerless missions at the start. I feel like the big issue is that mission types like troop columns and rendevouz don't show up until you've made some progress into the campaign

I agree

Celatid.

Silicoid was a different alien.

And afaik he's actually done with his end of the Celatid, and is back to making more of his modular armour.

I don't understand. That seems like a pretty light security detail for a UFO.

Never ignore a terror mission. You don't win terror missions, you can't even break even if you do them perfectly. Instead you mitigate the damage to a minimum.

My first terror mission was shotgun assaults everywhere, since they're a big focus for me, with a couple of non-shotgunners for range. I'd've been better off bringing moar shotguns as it turned out. It turned into a point-blank clusterfuck pretty quickly, while the one remaining pod kept eating civs. You just can't clean a whole map efficiently in a couple of turns, so don't try too hard, and bring grenades.

Oh yeah sorry, that's the lava rock monster.

Rest in Peace Shiv.

We can rebuild him

Yeah, easy mistake to make desu, since the names sound vaguely similar.

It's more that they are such non-threat in x-com they both go into the trash bin together. PirateZ makes celatids insanely scary though.

>Rest in Peace
Don't you mean, rest in...pieces?

Yea. He was a holdover from early Terror Missions, but now I have Alloy Shivs. I just used him mostly as bait for Cyberdisks. Dodged 4 overwatch shots only to be 1HKO by a Mechtoid.

It really is mind boggling how strong Basic Shivs are.

Cheap to rebuild, too.

How are SHIVS in LW1? I never bothered with them in vanilla, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were useful in LW.

They are useful in LW1, especially the alloy shivs.

Yeah, and the avatar project icon is an elder

I'll build a few then, thanks. My roster's a little depleted after spending most of my rookies on arc thrower duty.

>I'll build a few then
You only really need one. They don't have fatigue, and if one gets destroyed you can rebuild them for cheap cost. At least early on you definitely don't have tons of money to throw around.

They are *easily* the most cost effective things you can produce in the game.

Basic Shiv's only cost 60$, and with it you get a 10 HP, 70 AIM 5-9 Damage unit that doesn't suffer from fatigue (and recovers quickly from wounds). Even if they are destroyed, you replace them at 1/4th the cost. For Commander/Impossible Ironman they are really great investments, simply for when you get swamped with missions.

For a little bit more money, you can get Laser Cannons and Suppression, which allows them to reliably neuter any singular threat you may come across in a mission.

You can also invest in Alloy Shivs, which have double the HP, can act as cover, and have 2.5* DR. They do cost a lot of Alloys though, 80(!), but they are seriously viable units through the midgame and early lategame.

They are easily the most cost effective things you can produce in the game. Overpowered, even, which is balanced by the fact that they don't gain experience, and so relying on them too much will hinder the growth of your flesh and blood units.

Basic Shiv's only cost 60$, and with it you get a 10 HP, 70 AIM 5-9 Damage unit that doesn't suffer from fatigue (and recovers quickly from wounds). Even if they are destroyed, you replace them at 1/4th the cost. For Commander/Impossible Ironman they are really great investments, simply for when you get swamped with missions.

For a little bit more money, you can get Laser Cannons and Suppression, which allows them to reliably neuter any singular threat you may come across in a mission.

You can also invest in Alloy Shivs, which have double the HP, can act as cover, and have 2.5* DR. They do cost a lot of Alloys though, 80(!), but they are seriously viable units through the midgame and early lategame.

Neat, thanks for the in-depth answer.

Nah; you won't have the supplies to make mag weapons for everyone anyway - so why not also research lasers, get the cheap ones rolling out, then move on to mags when you research it? I'm using a mix of both still due to supply crunch.

It might be "viable" but it's not really a big payoff. You don't net yourself enough guns quickly enough to make a huge difference, and you'll appreciate having extra lasers lying around for Rendevous missions.

I'm currently skipping magnetics for coilguns, hopefully it pays off.

>I know all those jokes
He means you can ask Reddit for help, and unlike elsewhere on Veeky Forums, he's not dismissing you; it's a legitimate place to ask.

For all the shit reddit gets, it's still chock full of good material and people.

No problem. They are really, really great to bring on missions in general, because they do a *lot* of damage, so they are good for "These fucking aliens need to die *right* now" turns (which happens a lot on terror missions), or to suppress things that are behind cover that you cannot quite deal with immediately (as well as drawing fire from your troops).

Just be careful about letting them get kills, since you don't want to rob your guys of valuable EXP.

iirc Mag Weapons are a prerequisite for Coilguns. Plus, Advanced Mag Weapons are how you get Grenade Launcher mk. 2.

I think elerium is needed but not mags, but maybe I'm reading the tech tree wrong.

>Grenade Launcher mk. 2.
that requires andromedon autopsy as well

Yea. I meant it in the sense that you are probably going to get it 'eventually' (Grenadiers are a critically important unit), so there is something to be said about just getting it earlier, when you would benefit from the guns more.

That might be harder. Skipping lasers means dealing with enemies as they begin to *slightly* out-tank your damage output until you get ahold of your Mags. Skipping mags means dealing with Mutons, Mecs, Dark Event bonuses, and larger enemy groups with your lasers, which means it's more likely you end up with 1-3 enemies with 1-2 HP left who really had to die.

Just kicked off the download of Long War 2.

How do I get reliable cover destruction as early as possible? I see all these youtubers' grenades failing to dent cover and it seems to drag their big fights to a crawl.

XCOM is an organization of peace!

Grenades with the cover destroying perks
Demo Gunners
Rockets

Grenades destroy "flat" cover very reliably (walls/etc.). LCPL Grenadier's can destroy almost all cover very reliably with Sapper.

Rockets are obviously quite good, although you only get 1 of them per Technical, and you usually use it as your Alpha Strike to break Concealment.

Gunners get Demolition relatively early which is the definition of reliable cover destruction (and they can spam it a *lot* when you get some auto-magazines). Demolition+Ranger/Sniper kills basically everything very reliably.

Later on, "Heavy" Armor with the Shredder Gun is pretty fucking good at this too.