The worst car you've ever driven

Personally, what is the worst car you've ever driven?

Why?

I learned to drive in pic related. It's uncomfortable, tiny, and build quality is garbage.

1996 Nissan Sentra

1993 Mustang GT.

Superbly uncomfortable ride, cramped footwell, gauges in burger units, shit tier build quality.

What did you expect from a car specifically built for south america?

It's a 20 years old fiat with a modern engine.

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THIS FUCKING ROAD NOISE.

>tfw JUST bought punto diesel for my first car

It is also sold in India and South Africa.

2004 DAIHATSU TERIOS
JUST LOOK AT IT AND IMAGINE ITS DRIVING CHARACTERISTICS. ITS MY GRANDFATHER'S AND I HAD TO USE WHILE MY RELIABLE VAG PRODUCT WAS GETTING REPAIRED. IT MADE ME WANT TO DIE.

2013 Kia Rio hatchback. I was 10 minutes away from my final drivers license test and my cars power steering pump failed and I had to rent a car to do my test, or wait 1 month for another slot to do it. My dad shows up in a Rio! Me being like 6ft and 180lbs could barely fit in the seat, and I was flooring the thing on the on ramp.

>ended up passing test with no mistakes, perfect highway and city driving, as well as parking.

So, you're a fatfuck, right? No way in hell this car is small.

Also, I learned to drive in one of those. Stalks weren't self cancelling anymore, steering was kinda heavy, but the engine was almost ded

>perfect highway and city driving, as well as parking.

^^ O MY GOD I AM SO PROUD OF YOU WELCOME TO Veeky Forums YOU BELONG TO THE OLDFAGS NOW THAT YOU HAVE A LICENSE

Kek, I was more going for I was able to drive a car that is half the size of my normal cars and do it well with no practice, but that works too ^_^

I drove a '73 Chrysler Newport once that was legitimately terrifying to drive. It had major steering and braking issues.

As far as new cars go, the Mitsubishi Mirage was awful. Three cylinder engines shouldn't exist.

Looks neat, desu.

>WHILE MY RELIABLE VAG PRODUCT WAS GETTING REPAIRED.

Kek

My ex had a Ford Escape. I hated driving that thing so fucking much

Easy, My girlfriends 1996 V6 Mustang

Takes about 5 minutes to get up to 60mph and wastes me gas then a V8 of the same year.

I'm actually surprised no ones hit her doing 80 while her dumbass tries to merge at 40 at WOT

My aunt's 2002 Fiat 600.
The cluch, brake and accelerator pedal are like almost fused together, you need a precision foot to not smash them all at once.

2000 Chevy Blazer

Felt like I got scoliosis every time I got out of it. Also unreliable piece of garbage

2014 Hyundai Eon

I live on South America, an here all cars are shitty or washed out versions of the Euro/Jap/Us market, but that thing was the most horrible thing that I've driven, and here there's a lot of shit cars to drive, even chinese ones

Hyundai i30

mainly because by the end of two hours of driving the clutch pedal felt like a leg workout for some reason

probably my truck. its drives like a bag of shit. yet i dont care because its a truck and its only purpose is hauling shit and getting me innadesert and out alive

forgot pic. 33's, 4cyl, 3.56 gears so its slow as shit. stock brakes wont even lock up the tires in the rain. broke the swaybar in half so the body roll is intense. I take it to work once a week just to remind me how easy i got it DD'ing a civic.

tie between a 2nd gen cavalier and a pt cruiser. gawdawful

by a longshot

Congratulations, you are now in the minority of Veeky Forums that actually owns a licence.

>Land rover freelander
My dad owned 2 of these and both broke within 2 years of him buying them. They both had overheating issues that no workshop could fix. We even took them to a land rover workshop but they couldnt find the fault either. As for driving them. They are loud, ugly, unbelievebly slow, will fall over if you turn too hard and the gearbox has like half a meter shifts. I had to lean forwards when gearing into 5th and im 6'2.

As beautiful as it is, it was a fucking nightmare to maintain.

I will never drive another Rover.

Some shitty semi-auto Citroen
It was like the transmission was being operated be someone who didn't know how to drive a car

Liberachi's Golden Zimmer

I had to ride in a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage with a CVT from North Carolina to New York. In the BACK SEAT.
MFW

Worst:
A rental Geo hatchback that insurance gave me when a streetlight got knocked down onto my daily driver. No power, super-stiff steering, bad brakes, and plastic window tint that was peeling off on the inside and ruining visibility. The engine sounded like a brawl between drunken chipmunks.

Runner-up:
Ford F-150 that I had to use as a work truck for a few months. Something was wrong with the steering so it had jackshit in terms of maneuverability and the brakes were just about worn out. Company policy forbade me from working on it myself and my bosses refused to pay for repairs. I threw a party the day a co-worker borrowed it and managed to catch it on fire.

i love mine

I'd have to say the Dodge Durango or the Chevrolet Trailblazer.

>Unreliable
No, I wouldn't say unreliable.

I wouldn't trust the vacuum actuator for the front end in a time of need, but the g80, 4l60e, and 4.3 turned out to be a pretty good combination.

Even handles well compared to the Ford Explorers of similar years.

>Catch it on fire
Aayyyy, my mom's 1997 burned up from a leaking master cylinder. Not even a month later she received a letter in the mail about a recall.

People still call me a bus rider (the same people that dont even drive / can't afford insurance) kek.

Toyota Echo.

2 cars, I can't deicide.
A 2007 mini cooper, bad handling with an irratating HUD, I want to look down and see everything, not look to the center console and see everything.
2015 Camero, I cant see anything out of it, and for the first time driving, I couldn't see out the back of a car that was less than 100k.
I'd say little tiny shitboxes, but that would be the entire thread.

yall have never been truly scared of cornering until you have driven a Reliant Robin

This piece of shit. Wasn't mine, but god was it awful.

2016 Ford Fusion I4

A prius.

I've not driven a lot of cars if this one was the worst. My only complaints are slow, had to drive it very zen-like and in the right lane at all times.

Actually, it wasn't one of the 2 door v6s. I think it was an SOHC 4 banger, 4 door.

I backed a chevy cobalt out of the garage once and never wanted to touch it again

PT Cruiser. It was a rental. Good God how did anyone take a test drive of one of these and decide, yes, I would like to own this.

97 Camry CE 4 cyl OH WOW what a turd everything about it was the worst but especially the brakes. From brand new off the lot to 10 years later, everyone that drove it always thought something was wrong with the brakes. Toyota always said it was normal even after the warranty work nothing changed. It's the design and components!

2008 volkswagen jetta TDI 5 speed. That thing felt like a truck, was uncomfortable as fuck, and had the shittiest clutch that i've ever used(including the Focus ST). Not to mention front wheel drive and sounds like a old man trying to fuck.

fuck the jetta

>nissan memefinder
>rental
>big, slow, entertainment system didnt even have bluetooth
>looked more like a minivan than an SUV

it wasnt that bad of a car but i guess i've been lucky to have only driven great cars

Test driving a TE51. It was spewing smoke out the back, exhaust was rusted as fuck and very loud, thing hardly started, was super down on power when it was running, brakes were hardly existent, thing was probably falling apart. did not buy it.

mk5's were a mistake.

Citroen C4 cactus or shitsu outlander phev

Hard to pick just one.

2011-2013 Chevy Cruze. Absolutely horrible car. It felt like you were playing a video game because there is no feel in the steering at all and everything is super hard plastic wrapped around you like a coffin.

2012 Expedition. It's nice if you've always wanted to know what it was like to drive a school bus.

2014 Hyundai Veloster. Lots of fun if you like driving as slow as possible.

I'm sure there's other POS's I've driven that I can't recall at the moment.

Base model '05 Element.
Not a bad car for what it was, but with 4 cylinders and FWD, it took forever for that wide-ass bitch to get up to any reasonable speed.

Depending on how it's bad.
>When you drive it hard it feels like I'm in a spaceship because dash is flickering like a fucking sci fi movie
1997 Sentra
>Help throttle got stuck and now the engine's going at the limit in the speed limit 35 backroads
1989 Accord
>What is A/C? Do you need it in hot Georgia sun?
1993 Previa
>Car so shitty that engine light never goes away, dashboard light is out, all four tires are different makes, steering wheel has play, and it smells of cigarette
2003 Camry. Okay. I got a winner. That's it.

>and FDW

That makes no difference in acceleration.

My first car was a Merc 300D. My second was a 9-2 X aeroe (rebradged WRX). Third was a miata.

Well, I had to drive a Chevy Cruise for a 5 weeks for business travel. Wow, what piece of crap. I can't believe that cars in this class even sell. It was painful to turn, couldn't accelerate, and could barely get up a hill.

Just trash.

92 sable.

Blew a head gasket at 53k miles on it.

1988 Hyundia Tercel Hatchback . I got the car in 1995 from my dads junkyard in Brooklyn & learned to drive stick on my trip back to Long Island in rush hour traffic on the Belt Pkwy. Literally the biggest piece of shit I ever driven. Consider this & that my family owned a junkyard which I've driven dozens of pieces of shit out of.

a fucking aveo

felt like a gust of wind would blow the car away at 55 mph

Saturn Vue with a 5-speed (can't remember year). Friend's car that I drive because I was significantly less intoxicated than her. The hardest shifting, laziest revving thing I have ever driven.

Or a Smart Car w/ auto trans. Test drove one because I had an hour to kill and I could have jerked off to satisfaction in the time it takes from starting to shift, to actually competing a shift.

3-way tie between a Lada 21011, a '73 beetle, and '86 911

Why?

This piece of shit. Then again I didnt expect an better.

This thing. This thing is absolute cancer on wheels.

>diesel fiat
But jokes aside, it's a pretty solid little shitbox to get you from a to b

Alfa 155

It could melt the tyres on it no problem and was very powerful; It handled terribly. It was more like ice skating and was very uncomfortable.

>why?

The car was provided by the auto school. I moved from a VW Fox (it broke down) to a POS Palio then a crappy Uno (because the Palio teacher knew fuck all). I swear the steering wheels of both Fiats were disintegrating in my hands. I hate the third world.

it looks so fucked up because the front end is tiny compared to the rest of it

One of the Golf variants, it was rubbish. Uncomfortable, really bad clutch, horrid driving position, poor handling, bad gearchanges

admittedly never looked after ever ever ever, but it still was overcooked to pointless

built in mexico?

1993 honda del sol

Literally felt like I was driving a plastic bottle with a hamster in a wheel powering the engine. Though I have to say the shifter was pretty tight.

A Mazda 3

Anything Mazda is pretty shit I've found.

Mk3 golf mainly because the condition of it was appaling

2001 seat Ibiza 1.6l

The absolute antithesis of all things car enthusiast. It's fine, perfectly adequate. Just soul suckingly boring in every way imaginable. Dull dull dull dull.

The perfect car for people who hate cars. I absolutely loathed my time being in this. Even though it's objectively better in every respect compared to the car I came from.

Diesel piece of shit. I hate renting cars in Europe.

It was actually pretty comfy when it finally got up to speed but it was so gutless it actually felt dangerous to drive on surface roads.

2014 camry. worst shit ever. felt like driving a bathtub. driving "fast" in it sucks, 0-60 takes like a minute. when i speed in any other car people get the fuck out of my way, even an 01 camry. when i tried speeding in that camry people would get IN my way, that mom car is anti-boyracer as fuck

But is foxbody

kys

Vauxhall Corsa B. I learned to drive in that 3-pot gutless piece of shit, and understeering sharply on a shallow bend at 50 is not fucking ok. I hated it so much

I don not know, probably not.

>Not buying a MKII Clio

Bluemotion diesel golf. Had to drive it for my license test. How can a car have this little power? I had to floor it in 2nd gear to get anywhere. Since it belonged to the driving school the clutch was fucked to hell and back. Worst thing ive ever driven.

I've only driven 3 cars and none of them are mine.

>not mk1

Generally shit.

2003 Honda Civic EX Sedan 1.6l VTEC with Auto trans, all stock.

Brakes are weak.
Engine is weak.
Ride is unnoticeable.
Flaccid steering.
Bland suspension.
Cinder blocks for seats.
Boring interior design.

They seem like nice trucks especially the new one. Are they unreliable?

Not if you treat them right, but by no means did/do they hold up aswell as the Hilux, the L200 or the D-Max

My vote goes for this piece of shit. Sure, it was old and worn when I drove it, but it was still the most horrendous drive I've ever had

It's just a euro preemptively striking because he knows there will be tons of euro cars trashed ITT

Memes aside, the worst driving experience i've had was in my aunts twingo, steering had so much play you could fit another twingo in there and changing gears felt like stirring a bowl of soup.
Also the roof leaked like hell

the 206 sticks to the road like its insane, what are you talking about?

I had the displeasure to drive one of these pieces of shit sometime. It was fucking dreary. With 98HP on 1000kg the power/weight ratio is about the same as my 205, so I expected a similar peppyness. In practice though, it was very slow. Also the interior was shit, it didn't handle at all and it was noisy. Holy shit what a piece of shit.

A lot of the memesters on here dont realise that theres a reason why they were so dirt cheap new. Theyre very cheaply built and they dont hold up today.

delet this

>steering had so much play
>changing gears felt like stirring a bowl of soup

Both things are signs of maintenance neglec-

>my aunts twingo

There we go.

I drove that meme four cylinder 4Runner Toyota makes and holy fucking shit was that an unpleasant experience. It took everything in its power to get to 80-90mph. So emaciated and slow with awful throttle response.

This

Valet here, the worst I've driven:

>Hummer H2
>Chrysler PT Cruiser
>Chevy HHR
>original Toyota Prius hybrid model (where the fob was actually a key, as opposed to keyless)
>newer Jeep Grand Cherokee models
>Smart Fortwo
>Dodge Avenger & Nitro
>Nissan Frontier
>Honda Insight

So bad it was sold to rental fleets only (04-05). I can't imagine someone buying it or anything related to it. It's the Dodge Caliber of 1997-2005

2008 Honda Odyssey

Had to drive it back in '12 when I got my permit. Handling wasn't great and it just didn't feel right, mostly because of weight.