Are new Corolla's good cars?

Are new Corolla's good cars?

That's a lamborghini...

S T A Y
A W A Y

It's an appliance. Like a washing machine.

Best of the best.
Most sold vehicle in the world.
Excellent reliability.
Great car

No. Shitty cvt. Shitty glossy black plastic inside. Ancient engine.

6spd manual available
Interior is godly
Engine is new

But it's worse than a 3k civic.

Nothing is worse than a 3k civic

Why would you get a new Corolla when a new Civic costs the same and is better in every single way?

I worked for Toyota for a while, when this newer body style came put, we had a client with a new Corolla who had driven 300 miles and the master cylinder somehow exploded. Get a used 2GR Camry instead.

Old Corollas are good, but new ones have no reason to exist because they are effectively 15 years old and mechanically the same as old Corollas but cost 5x as much as the old Corollas. It's like you're paying 4x as much for an interior still made out of plastic and a body kit.

They are the worst in class for everything now.

gf just got a 2016 corolla le, I've only driven it twice but it's a nice ride. The steering was pretty heavy but I kind of liked that and it's got a decent amount of power. The interior is very nice and comfortable with good amenities too.

If you're in the market for a new econo car, this is a good bet. Look at civics, elantras, or focuses as alternatives.

They have updated the engine and trans you moron.

If you consider the 2007 2ZR-FE a new engine and the shitty CVT a new transmission... Sure it's new.

yes and no.
1: Yes, but only with the 6 speed manual. All the automatic cars use CVTs
2: Avoid the sedan. Instead go for the Corolla iM hatchback. They come loaded, so there's no options besides paint color and transmission. To spec out a Corolla sedan to the same level as a standard Corolla iM hatchback, you'd need to spent 5-7k more. The hatchback is extremely well equipped for the price.

If features weren't enough, the hatchback also gets an independent rear suspension while the sedan uses a beam axle.
What does this mean?
The hatchback handles better and is more fun to drive. Something you should immediately notice driving them back to back though is that the IRS will make the car ride smoother and give an overall more comfortable ride.

Plus the hatchback looks better. Pic related.

A $2k PT Cruiser.

desu i've been looking to buy a 2gr camry for a while now, but i'm not entirely at peace for paying the average price of like $7500 in my area for one with almost 100k miles

It's a car. It will get you from a to b reliably, but you will be bored the entire time. Save a little longer and get something you actually want.

How much horsepower do they have?

The same as a normal Corolla. ~138. It's the exact same 2ZR-FAE engine and transmission options (The 6 speed manual and CVT automatic).

Anyone ever heard of "Toyota" before?

I have a 1998 corolla, my mom has a 2011. Overall the 1998 is so much more fun to drive and better quality. $20,000 for cheap plastic and "reliable" engine, you could definitely get better value.

Don't get a Corolla, get a Camry SE for the same price instead.

2017 Camry SE attainable price $17,500 + Tax/Title/Fees. Comes with 17" alloys, trunklid spoiler, looks pretty qt for a family sedan.

Srsly Camry's are on DEEP discount because sedans selling like shit, Camry selling like shit, new gen about to be released next year (but all new platform/engine/etc. so lots of 1st-model-year glitches risk), etc. etc.

Just trust me and step up to a Camry. I paid 18,500 way back when, you can get one for 17,500 these days if you aren't a total sperg and negosturbate a little. Hell you could prly save 500-1000 by getting an LE, but it looks uglier than the SE.

Depends on what you're looking for.
>I want to carve corners
No
>I want to haul stuff
Get a hatchback. Or crossover. Something with trunk space
>I want to haul ass
You could just get a used Camaro for half the price
>I want to suffer
Lucky you, Alfa Romeo and Fiat are now in America
>I want something that won't cause drama, can haul 4 adults comfortably, and have cheap parts when things do break
Well, here you go