Tell me something, Veeky Forums

tell me something, Veeky Forums

why does almost EVERY FUCKING REASONABLY PRICED MIATA HAVE ITS A/C REMOVED?

ITS NOT THAT HEAVY.

AND THEY MARKET THEM AS DAILYS

FUCK

THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT REDUCTION, AND ON TOP OF THAT I LIVE IN AN AREA THAT SEES THREE DIGIT WEATHER FOR AT LEAST THREE MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR

WHY DO THESE FUCKING RICERS THINK """""""""""""""""""""""""""WEIGHT REDUCTION""""""""""""""""""""""" MEANS STRIPPING BASIC COMFORT FEATURES FROM YOUR CAR BUT LEAVING IN SHIT LIKE THE RADIO

there are numerous other things that can be dropped from a car before the fucking AIR CONDITIONING IN A DESERT like interior paneling, power steering, carpeting, the radio but the thing is: YOU SHOULDNT BE TRYING TO DO RACEKAR-TIER WEIGHT REDUCTION ON A DAILY THATS JUST DUMB.

IF YOU WANNA DROP 20 POUNDS OFF YOUR CAR GO ON A FUCKING DIET.

FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07-20/news/ct-wea-0720-asktom-20110720_1_relative-humidity-condensation-nuclei-supersaturated-air
lmgtfy.com/?q=12volt socket mini fan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Arizona?

South Texas

stock miata doesn't make enough hp to turn the compressor

They're not that heavy but can draw significant power off the engine, when run, and still can drain power of it when not being run, also its just more shit that can break over time.

Besides its a fucking convertible, why the fuck do you need AC? Just drive fast enough.

>sit in traffic in Texas heat with no AC
>die

this desu senpai

Miata is such a slow piece of shit it gets bogged down with an AC attached LMAO

A/C is a fucking requirement on any car I drive. I went without on my first car. Never again.

Miatas need it desperately because it gets hot as piss inside the car very fast without it. Then when you turn it off, you have to turn it right back on because all your cold air gets fucked in the ass the moment you stop running the A/C. Funny how people think the hardtop helps improve insulation/keep hot and cold in, because the Miata is so weak that adding the hardtop adds extra space for it to heat/cool and it can barely keep up.

I never ran with my hardtops even when I had them because of this shit. TXfag here btw.

>just drive fast enough

haha let me just keep accelerating through traffic at a stop light when it's raining cats and dogs haha

>living in texas

Yeah come to SC and deal with 80% humidity at 90 degrees and then fucking complain bout your "Dry Heat"

Fucking Texas queers.

Have you tried wearing a hat op

>turn on air conditioner
>car idles 800rpms higher

is it supposed to do that? It's actually kinda nice since it makes starting a lot easier

Maybe air conditioning messes up their hair?

m'fedora

Are you fucking shitting me? Texas is humid as piss if you live out east.

I'd wear a fucking Bedouin outfit if I had one.
Aint you got moonshine to brew, Cleetus?
Yeah the engine has to run a little for the A/C unit to blow cold air. If the miata is so underpowered that the trivial amount of power it uses is an issue, I don't want a miata.

>mfw I daily a Miata in Louisiana with 95 degrees and 100% humidity surrounded by swamps no problem because I'm not a little bitch. Just wear a hat, some sunblock, drop the top, and drive.

Pic related helps too.

>100% humidity

You do understand that it means its raining right?

A miata has to literally be supercharge to not feel like a dog with the ac on.

bitch nigga i live in houston

80-100 percent humidity is a daily meme

You clearly have never been to Louisiana. There's heavy thunderstorms almost every day in the summer.

if you want a car that doesnt feel dogged down with the ac on, then the miata isnt your kind of car. Plus miat are fucking foggy deathtraps with non functioning ac. Essentially what made me drop it eventually.

its funny had a thread similar to this one except he already had a Miata

>100% humidity means it raining, so he drops his top puts on a hat and sunscreen, and it keeps out the rain.

You Louisiana tards are worse than the Texans on here.

>implying I'm not stoned as fuck off some weed I grew in the woods and some moonshine I made in my shed

You do realize that when it's not storming but still cloudy, the humidity still hangs in the air like a wet blanket (especially harsh in the "winter," sometimes gets to 45), and it's not uncommon for there to be alternating sunshine and storms within the hour.

What kind of hair salon is in a swamp?

Your opinion of what 100% humidity means doesn't change the fact that meteorological reports state that 100% humidity = rain.

Quit making us other southerners look like retards.

Keep talking shit.

Meet me at I-10.

Sure thing boss, but I never said I don't drive my Miata when it is is raining, don't need a top if you drive fast enough.

>le ebin gay maymay

for gay rednecks

Some component of the A/C system probably failed. Usually anything A/C related costs more than the car is worth to fix on older cars. So they just remove the compressor.

>yfw you find out humidity can exceed 100%
articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07-20/news/ct-wea-0720-asktom-20110720_1_relative-humidity-condensation-nuclei-supersaturated-air

>caring about AC
Maybe you should just stop being a bitch. My first two cars didn't have AC and I live in Phoenix, now I have AC but I only use it when other people are in the car because they're bitches

>pheonix
>thinking dry heat is bad

>articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07-20/news/ct-wea-0720-asktom-20110720_1_relative-humidity-condensation-nuclei-supersaturated-air

>only above 25000 feet.

Yeah I don't get it either. I drive an EG Civic and those are just as slow. The AC doesn't bog it down much at all. I just got it working recently in preparation for that Louisiana summer.

>sitting in traffic
That's wht the shoulder is for.

I hear you can make them pretty fast with a few simple mods...

>Tfw it's a 94

Kek I might make it fast when my D16 dies. Right now it's set up for a balance of fun and MPG. I would love a B16A for dem revs.

lmgtfy.com/?q=12volt socket mini fan

>blowing hot air
lmao

go faster

At least you have cookout

>my car is so fucking terrible I have to go to extremes to not die.

Miatacucks will never stop defending their pieces of of shit.

>1994 EG with no simple mods

i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Turbonetics t74 t4 twinscroll. turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous
im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

yummy pasta

Would rather have Popeyes to be fair.

First result on google "does 100% humidity mean it is raining"

>A relative humidty measurement of 100% does not necessarily mean that rain is falling. It just means that the air is holding as much moisture as it can at a given temperature, in the form of water vapor, which is an invisible gas. ... Also, the relative humidity at the ground does not have to be 100% to get rainfall.

shut the fuck up you uneducated nigger

>just go faster
Yes
Faster
Right through rush hour traffic and red lights. Anyone who says they don't need AC in the south is a posturing liar trying to sound tough, which Veeky Forums, as the biggest normalfag board out of every single one of them, has in hordes. If you deny this you are a tool. Coming home drenched in sweat is not acceptable unless you are literally trailer trash.

Haggle on it, OP. Try to wring them for ~75% the price of the components and build it out yourself, so you know it works.

>no antilag

lame

>implying I don't also have a comfy sedan as a DD and don't just take the Miata out for fun drives or when I feel like driving to work in it

>Florida
>mfw I talk to a guy who removed the AC from his daily for muh weight reduction
>mfw it's always a beat up worn out car that is way slower than mine, which has AC

>drag car
>antilag
nigger you best be joking

If I remember correctly a power steering delete also removes the a/c functionality in the NA. You have to buy some part that gets attached to the belts so that you get it to work, but it's really hard to find.