Symthic's already started their metacrafting autism

>Emblem stealing website for uncreative babbies: emblemsbf.com/

FAQ:
Q: Is BF4 dead?
A: Yes, BF1 now.

Q: Where are the BF1 Platoons?
A: platoon is kill

Q: Which VOIP Do I join?
A: Yuropoors will be more likely to find people on the Discord. Mumble seems to attract NA players. Use whichever you like.

Mumble server (VOIP and Text)
wevidyanow.com
port: 64738

Mumble download (Snapshot version is more stable and has more features)
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

>Discord
discord.gg/TK8snEj

Other urls found in this thread:

battlefield.com/news/update-notes
youtu.be/nClXmtrI9to
reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/
youtube.com/watch?v=tvks-fTiF-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ded

Previous thread: >

fug by bad

here it is for real: >

nice thread nerd where are all your friends

you don't get to bring friends

Is /bfg/ kill?

ded general ded gaem

has everyone gone back to BF4 or is this a ded series?

4 isn't ded but it is dying

1 isn't dying but it is losing players much faster than 4 every did. not as fast as hardline/battlefront did at least. I'm betting 1 will have at least enough players to be fun, but as soon as the next bf game comes out 11 is going to die straight away

don't die pls thread

>1 isn't dying but it is losing players much faster than 4 every did

Nope. Completely wrong, BF4 was dead in the water with its ridiculously bad launch, it just recovered is all. Once Bf1 has some expacs under its belt it'll remain steady just like BF4 did

>but as soon as the next bf game comes out 11 is going to die straight away

I agree with this but I think people are greatly exaggerating how soon this is

Its not even something to remotely think about at this point, its YEARS away. Remember that the next DICE game is a stars war game

why the fuck is battlefield in general being discussed so little outside of the official forums? for such a huge playerbase it's really weird how niche indie games have more discussion potential

Here are the patch notes

battlefield.com/news/update-notes

did they do a good job?

Not really
>ribbons are boring and you are getting spammed like crazy with them
>new codex wow big deal nobody cares
>everybody has to start from class rank 10 even people who could have had 50 already. talk about an artificial stretch
>renting servers is still not even close to worth it
>gas grenades are still cancer

shouldn't the next battlefield be ready in fall 2018?

>pc population went from 120k players at launch to less than 40k on a good day (it's currently swinging from 10k to 40k)
will this game be dead before the dlc comes? will 4 maps and 6 guns be enough to make people want to come back to the game?
there's only so much to say about what we already have, I mean it took over a day for someone to even bother with starting this thread again
>MAJOR UPDATE: RIBBONS
>MAJOR UPDATE: ELITE CODICES
>MAJOR UPDATE: CLASS MAX RANKS
Makes me want to kill myself that they even try to paint those as major updates. It's literally just achievements

even with the shaky launch 4 still maintained a huge playerbase

if the maps are any good then yeah, the pop. will go back up

their DLC release schedule is garbage this time around though

will we ever get the autimatico with artillery sights?

because battlefield 4 and earlier were games that people put some serious time into. that had depth, there was lots to discuss. multiclass weapons and gadgets added a huge amount of variety. 4 especially was a game like TF2 or CS, people spent thousands or hours on it.

meanwhile the games dice have made after 4 have been pretty shallow. players are coming in casually because of the battlefield name and not really sticking around.

I mean, what is there to talk about with each class in BF1? gadgets for most of them are just terrible and don't offer any depth aside from their basic use. You can't even customise your main weapon, of which there are only a couple to choose from anyway. no multiclass weapons. vehicles just feel like a mess and are primarily used to farm a high k/d

I'm currently at 170 hours of play time and I feel like I've already got my moneys worth (except for the fact that I bought a premium pass).
but I just cant get myself to start playing again, I'm 100% bored with the game. these 4 maps we're getting better be amazing.

where my xbone niggas at?

I mean, there's kinda a difference form a game going to borderline unplayable to not and adding some expansion packs. It's not gonna be a similar boost

Anyone know any places with the audio files to this game? I want to hear all of those rousing speeches and mission briefings in Operations

Similar to this

youtu.be/nClXmtrI9to

It is though. You really don't realize how massive the boost is gonna be from platoons being added and RAS being fixed. People are gonna come back to the game in mass when those are added

the truth is theres still nothing else out there like BF. 1 just needs more content (a couple expacs), and a sense of community (platoons/RAS) and it'll absolutely be just like 4 was

>A: platoon is kill
>when platoons are confirmed to be in development now

to add onto this what I meant to add at the end was all the complaints about the game itself (the ww1 setting, the nig character models, muh progression) are really meaningless in the big scope of things. its still battlefield at its core and people will play it regardless of those things (no matter how much they bitch and moan) if it has the other stuff

I still can't believe that people hear 'Battlefield' and '*any actual war'* and expect realism and historical accuracy to be involved

1 is nothing like 4. if 1 had as much content as 4 did then what we have now should only be a demo of the full game.

I just wish we had clantags already

I wanna pretend to be symthic and shitpost

Reminder all the cool bfgers moved to chat in the steam group.

Platoons are coming """""""""soon"""""""""""" so all you non BF4 BFG plebs can play with real ladies.

>still playing this shit

LMAO

>still shitposting

KYS, MY MAN.

90% of those people are autistic weebs you dont really want to associate with

Ill be making a new bfg when platoons coming out for the cool kids, the bf4 shitterss can have their own containment group

of course it doesn't have as much content, you're nostalgiaing over a game that had a million expacs and years and years of balance tweaks to a fresh game that was raw out of the oven

they went with raw but smooth after BF4's disaster of a launch which was finished and full of content but a buggy unplayable mess. Neither option is good but its just what we're gonna get with EA and their timeline bullshit. Would BF1 be infinitely superior if it waited until say now to launch and then had the first expac out within the first couple months? Absolutely, but it was never gonna happen with EA in charge. Just like risking a buggy launch by adding everything from bf4 at launch was never gonna happen after the PR nightmare

>cool BFGers are in steam
>it's all autistic euros

>steam chat is all autistic yuros
>discord is all 18 year old NA kids that spend more time blogging about their shitty lives than playing video games
>all while the real cool kids are in the secret teamspeak server
>both sides unironically will think is a joke

really gets the noodle going

BF1 has the most balanced class play of any recent BF title

debate me

>reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/

DICE is getting advice on fixing suez from here

>Shotguns are even more OP after the patch
>Everything else is nerfed

What did they mean by this?

>shotguns
>OP

lol

new cte patch is coming this friday

nade spam adjustments are in it. real automemeico nerfs are coming eventually but I dont know if theyre in this patch or theyre saving it until the next big one

So was there a nerf for the automatico in this patch or not?

Some say the Trench got it, some say the Storm

this might be a stupid question, but what are the "platoons" everybody seem to miss so much?

just read the patch notes, dont listen to marblecuck, hes an attention whore

there is a real, substantial nerf coming to all versions of the automatico later.

clans basically

people here loved them because they could shitpost endlessly there

True, but with how they're stuck in particular roles gets a little boring

>tfw can't be a rocket flinging Engineer with a DMR or a corner creep with a shotgun and TUGs

Can someone explain me what "platoons" are in bf?

m8 I asked the exact same question literally 3 posts ago and some user answered get your shit together friendo

thanks btw

shit I meant to thank this guy fml

I posted this while I was halfway the thread.
No need to be mean.

Man, I've completely changed my playstyle and I'm loving it. I'm rolling support with a trench madsen, gas grenades and a frag launcher. I spend so much time with my gas mask on with auto fire going it's hilarious, especially with all the kills I'm getting. Gas everywhere.

I don't know wh the automatico is so good, having a mag obscuring your vision is distrcting, at least for me. I never use it for that reason, same for the LMG with the huge vertical mag. Even with the good stats I don't think it's worth it.

well suez isn't the only map that needs fixing

I missed you yesterday /bfg/

don't need vision when you can just blindly spam it

Yeah, I've left my plane and assault class to work on my repair support loadout.

>Huot
>C93
>Ammo Crate (Because I ain't sticking around after the tank's healed up)
>Repair tool

After working on it for a few days I've jumped up to #500 something worldwide for repairs. It really does look like no one is running repair tool.

Oh, and smoke nades to help with repairing.

Now if only you got some points for smoking out enemies.

Is it just me or did the recent patch add even more noticeable bugs to the game? I had a conquest game on Monte Grappa go completely black except for HUD details and 3d location indicators floating over people's heads. Luckily my roommate has his tv hooked up next to mine for somewhat of a lan experience on ps4, and he helped guide me around and I could somewhat navigate by looking at his screen and jumping in the motorcycle when he'd come to scoop me from the bushes.

Wish I had saved the footage because if there wasn't another way for me to see what was going on I would have had to leave the game. Multiple deaths didn't fix it either.

autimatico tryhard cunts should literally be executed on sight irl. fix this broken gun DICE

USAS frags 2.0

Get your service stars with it now because it's gonna be nerfed by the time the DLC gets here forsure.

you'd think so, but not necessarily. DICE are fucking clueless and probably don't even think it's OP. I thought it would be nerfed in the winter update but they were too busy nerfing all the support weapons.

Just played a match where like 6 of the enemies had 100 autistico service stars. every time you spawn in just get mowed down instantly. what a bullshit weapon.

So will the French army be 100% "WE WUZ"? Russia too?

New artwork from DICE seems to showcase some Lewis gun upgrades! Nice!

Is it just me or does the Italian adrian look like pepe?

lol auto is nowhere close to as bad as USAS frags or the M26 dart ever were.

>go completely black except for HUD details
Xbox here, this happens to me probably every 10th game.

Fellow BF4 player here: a lot of us think BF1 is still too new to be taken seriously. Judging by the fact that BF4 itself still has bugs most of us won't permanently switch fo BF1 for a year or two.

USAS with HE rounds was far worse than that the automatico, the screen shake/effects made it literally impossible to fight back.

anyone else get a bug since the patch related to infantry movement? i have had it happen twice where i was strafing, then all of a sudden my character stopped strafing in the direction i wanted him to go. once i let off the key and pressed it again it was fine.

BF1 player here, BF1 IS too new to be taken seriously.

>~6 weapons per class
>of those only two or three are good
>gutted customization (you want iron sights AND slug rounds? go fuck yourself)
>only nine maps, provided you call Argonne an entire map
>operations, the only really new thing, is unbalanced as fuck

Also custom/rented servers are hidden, you have to go searching for them in the already out-of-the-way server browser, consequently custom games are dead as fuck

And the biggest kicker,

>2017
>TEAM-BASED GAME
>NO FUCKING VOIP

Just play BF4 for now

aspergers: the post

nobody cares :-)

BF1 has VOIP

Awkward, squad-only VOIP that nobody uses

In 250 hours of playing I've probably only REALLY used squad voice chat twice or so, every time I try to talk I just get total silence

thank you cranjeet, 5 rubbles have been deposited into your BF1 positivity account

5 rubbles have been deposited into your FILTERED YOU FUCKING FAG :^)

>usually use an MG15 variant
>start using Madsen for the codex and figure I'll drop it as soon as I reach 500 kills
>it's actually pretty good

>Awkward, squad-only VOIP that nobody uses

How was this different in bf4?

what's the best infantry bolt action/ lever action in the game since they nerfed Martini Henry?

Sniping with no scope glint is more fun than I thought it would be

They just buffed the Martini-Henry in the patch

>replying to the autist that posts the same thing every time a new bfg is made

>shotguns are OP
t. mad automatico storm user

Shotguns are fine, great super close garbage anywhere else

How they SHOULD be

They just buffed the Martini back up, but regardless of that the m95 infantry is probably better dispite lacking the 1hk sweet spot.
>rate of fire double or more than the martini
>90dmg close range hits make for easiest pistol finishes
>Assist counts as kill almost everytime you don't manage to finish them
>Always reload from clip, no matter whats in mag. No loose rounds, so consistent every time (and quick)
>Straight pull bolt means you can stay ADS while chambering new round

My favorite gun by far.

Fake

Storm got nerfed trench didn't

Lies

>TFW you hardly notice the memeco users because you're too busy hiding in the hills sniping

Automatico is retard OP for a couple reasons

>most accurate hipfire in the game
>fastest TTK aside from shotguns/snipers 1 hitting you
>fast reload
>good clip size

The thing that's so broken about it is the fact that by the time you realize you're getting shot at you're already dead because it's time to kill is so fast

100 service stars on automemeico trench come at me kid

Already got em. Even if they do nerf it into the ground (doubtful they will) I'll just switch to the mp18 trench, shits really underrated

Probably me n my clan, we always try to attack on operations, usually go 4 assault 1 med or even 5 assault sometimes all using the automatico rushing flags and PTFOing think we all have 100 service stars too

>hiding in the hills sniping

absolutely disgusting, go PTFO

>TFW you hardly notice the snipers because you're camped in a building just outside of the objective

youtube.com/watch?v=tvks-fTiF-A

This fucking guy

Are pork beans really that good?

Holy shit! Looks neato, but that hipfire radius looks atrocious.

Also, his other video is pure cancer and the reason the PC userbase is dropping off so rapidly. Invisible, flying, and aimbot he's so proud of he uploaded a video of it.

get rekt :^)

go away marblecuck, no one likes you

Who likes jackfrags

I prefer him to Levelcuck for sure.

What the hell is a marblecuck? Kys faggot