Trying to climb a hill in your 2WD Land Cruiser
Tayposter
Suburban General
Shitposting General

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GUakh6gP8k
youtube.com/watch?v=evPchGEWUjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the past two threads have really reaffirmed my belief that gm fangirls are autistic little shits

sadly this

why do we have to fight about stupid shit on /org/ anyways

>yfw the best of Toyota and GM is brought together in hy matrimony

>making an edition about circumsized suburbans

And now with Duramax Safari/Patrol

Is that mini V twin looking thing a belt driven air compressor?

Given that it's got a pressure release valve on the manifold linking to two cylinders, I'd say so.
Custom on board air compressor setups are common on Landcruisers in Aus, although they're usually made from an old air conditioning compressor.

m8s why are 2 door tahoes so incredibly hard to find cheap and in good condition? it's either 10k plus for a clean model or 1k for a rusted to piece of shit

Supply and demand. Weren't many made compared to the 4 doors.

Landcruisers are better value than Tahoes.

Sup faggots. I'm really more of a street guy, but I shot this vid of a meme Jeep and an actual Jeep at the Chicago Auto show going around an obstacle course and I was curious on your thoughts about it

youtube.com/watch?v=3GUakh6gP8k

NO HAB LAND CRUISER

Both of those vehicles have a lot of compromise for the road

Such as?

Tyres

They both look like shit to me

So trivial shit. It's still impressive you can readily buy a factory consumer 4x4 with four link coil suspension at both ends.

You look like shit to everyone.

>tyres, literally the most important part of the entire suspension/steering arrangement
>trivial
Ok. I mean I'm sure it's impressive but one is not the "meme" Jeep and one is not the "real" Jeep they're both road cars dude

Does Jeep even make anything with a solid front axle anymore?

>Veeky Forums is crying about jeeps again
lol welfare wheelers enjoy your 30 year old rusted garbage because apparently they were all so good they stopped making them

I should've said superficial. A consumable that's changed within half an hour, that's almost always unsuited in factory form regardless of manufacturer.

Yeah, the four link Wrangler we're talking about.

You say that as if tires and wheels can't be replaced.

I have a Jeep though. I just wanted to know.

I know they dropped it on the grand cherokee but I wasn't sure about the other ones.

The snow's melted in the crawling place in mid-Onterrible. I might have a contract up there and might need to drag a few litres of berry solvent so I'll see what the offroad conditions on the guy's farm is. Last time the storage area was a downslope that was accessible either from an ATV trail or from the backroads (so guess which one I took to his storage).

Anyway, if it's just soft dirt, it'll be cushioned well enough from the packing snow. If that's the case, I'll try and get some Taynger rock climbing pictures and see how much breakover angle she has.

>inb4 taynger snaps in half
>inb4 the back window gets rekkkt'd again
>inb4 i cry
Enjoy this 2-6 weeks of weird, clay consistency Earth, /org/! You only get a limited amount of time on it.

The snow's melted in the crawling place in mid-Onterrible. I might have a contract up there and might need to drag a few litres of berry solvent so I'll see what the offroad conditions on the guy's farm is. Last time the storage area was a downslope that was accessible either from an ATV trail or from the backroads (so guess which one I took to his storage).

Anyway, if it's just soft dirt, it'll be cushioned well enough from the packing snow. If that's the case, I'll try and get some Taynger rock climbing pictures and see how much breakover angle she has.

>inb4 taynger snaps in half
>inb4 the back window gets rekkkt'd again
>inb4 i cry
Enjoy this 2-6 weeks of weird, clay consistency Earth, /org/! You only get a limited amount of time on it.

>"Tayposter"
lmao. literally why.

I would love to toss a 350 into an old hilux actually.

dude imagine a stanced 1st gen hilux with a ramjet

>dude imagine a stanced 1st gen hilux with a ramjet
Are you in the right place, user?

Probably not. What's this general about?

>Continuing to lurk in the shadows until this war between the Birbs and Yodas blows over

How many threads has it been now? 3? 4? 5?

GMT400s look so much better with straight axles up front

This is the fourth.

Is this bait?

There is no war, yota smashed and birbs are just whining.

Either way, I wish we could come together to shit on jeeps as much as possible, as is our custom...

Does anyone have any opinions on which aftermarket part makers are the most sturdy? (Winches, bullbars, etc)

Pic related

Winches are fine with any company.

I would recommend a fab for a solid bumper but bullbar and or tube works well for economic protection.

>shitting on jeeps
>ober trail rated
Well they might be shit. But name 1 other mass manufacturer of modern vehicles in North America with a dedicated market for offroading.

Fair, but judging by the recent shit jeep has produced besides the wrangler, I don't know if you could call their market "dedicated" anymore.

Pic related. It might could handle stuff like the RAV4, which IMO is just a crossover, and only flirts with ofrroading

Oh lmao. You weren't here when the renegadefag spanned 3-5 /org/s posting pictures of built Jeep Renegades and saying they were offroad worthy. I was almost certain he was trolling but you can never be too sure anymore.

Anyway, the wrangler sells because icon and how a lot of people still like squarebodies. Too bad they're all driven by 40+ year old minority mothers who get scared and confused if you even attempt a jeep wave.

Anyway, the Rubicons are still pretty trail-capable whilst stock and aren't too much of a tweak to fit in 35+ tyres. Though, with the price of the modern ones, it makes no sense to do so... I still laugh every time a Wrangler has the "Trail rated" badge on the side. It's like they forgot the years where "Jeep" was synonymous with "trail" and now they have to put a badge on them to let people know they're still capable of hitting trails.

Can't go past ARB bullbars for OEM quality, high clearance and ability to barge its way through the scrub.
I'd like to say Warn winches are the best bet, but honestly the current Chinese eBay winches are quite proven these days. Warn still offer the best after sales support and replacement consumables. If it was me, I'd buy a secondhand Warn and rebuild it.

The Prado/GX looks fantastic with an ARB.

No, i don't, but you're such an expert that you think tyres don't matter right

Even Suburbans benefit from them.

You completely ignored the conversation chain. Good job.

>completely ignored the conversation chain
Past 3 /ORG/s summed up in a nutshell

Fucking ROFL

Gen 2.5 Monty looks the goods

Hello

Sup

How are Mitsubishi/Suzuki? Any negatives for taking care of the brand, or any notable problems for parts, etc?

Can't remember where I heard it, but weren't samurais supposed to rollover at the slightest turn?

Never owned Suzuki, but Monteros are a bit of a sleeper. Almost like an indirect Toyota competitor that falls somewhere between Lanscruiser and Prado in size. Big drivetrain (relative to their size Mr Burbalade Shitlord) that's similar size to the J80 crown wheel with an 8" diff up front and a 31 spline 9.5" up the back. Their V6 isn't anywhere near as hardy as the Toyota 4.5 six, but it's revvier and more playful which is handy in the dunes. Honestly though I wouldn't go past the light industrial 4M4x diesel if talking about Mitsus. They have a torsion bar front though... :P

I'll also note, in terms of sixes I still prefer the Toyota 1FZ or Jeep 4.0HO in terms of an offroad power plant (if talking gas) compared to the Mitsubishi 6G74 V6.

going to Rausch Creek. anyone ever gone though there?

I'm just waiting for the niceposting to come back

>stanced

>tfw the ARB bumper for your truck is the only one out of their catalog that looks stupid and actually reduces functionality

Shitsux. The taco, landcruiser, and others all look great. This retarded fat lip monstrosity makes me want to die.

Me too. Remember when we were all friends and actually shared routes and compliments?

Absolutely annihilated the left wheel bearing on Big Red last week. Opened the old dog up in the shop last night and found out that both my front and rear sprockets are also way overdue for replacing, the chain has worn itself so far forward that the sprocket teeth are catching and grinding on the links. Replacing the rear sprocket is no big deal but to get at the front sprocket I have to remove most of the sub-transmission, lame.

Is that squatted?

RIP

Oh hey trike bro. Glad to see you back-
How did that happen? BC lacking snow or som?

I miss the good ol days

Seriously, though, in-fighting that just never stops is how a lot of generals end up dying out, and I want /org/ to continue growing till we're big enough for meets

Which reminds me, SoCal /org/ meet when????

I just drove across BC to Jasper, AB last weekend, plenty of snow left across most of the province, but it has left the Fraser Valley where I live, so no more frozen pond drifting for Big Red this year. I'd blame the wheel bearing failure more on age more than anything, this thing is 35 years old and I have no idea when the bearings were last replaced, but I'd guess it has been a very long time. Mud, sand, and shit works it's way through the chain guard and brake drum into the bearings, through the seals, and eventually eats the bearings away until they're small enough to shoot out. Once the bearings fall out it's game over and the axle grinds the race into a mangled mess. As for the sprockets, also age, but I have to take a bit of blame myself, I didn't lube the chain once all winter and rode the shit out of the thing, probably sped up the wear significantly. Learnt my lesson, the burden of taking apart the subtrans should be enough to remind me to lube up more often in the future.

Driving through the Thompson-Nicola region in the winter is a strange experience. Normally the Thompson and Okanagan regions are more of a desert than anything else, in the winter it's this strange mixture of sage brush, dead cacti, and snow.

literally no one cares what you have to say

lol you mad jeep faggot?
I gotta admit I like the XJ tho, excellent truck.
Anything else from jeep I just don't care for tho

Nope. Rear currently sits about 1/2" lower.
New front springs. Waiting to see how they settle and respond to front winch.

> tripfag
>can't spell though
seems about right.

So it is squatted, just not by as much as it appears to be in the picture. I doubt the winch will do more than a half inch. You'll probably need to bring the rear up 1-2" even after the springs settle.

Agree. Just going to install a longer lift shackle.

Are you 60 or just autistic?

Four door Tahoe reporting in. I love this thing. Got it for $1k and still going strong. Owner thought 4x4 needed repairs cuz 4hi and lo weren't engaging but it was just the stupid dash buttons that needed replacing. Works pretty good as my hunting rig.

Needs a lift of some sort because of these stupid huge tires the previous guy threw on here keep hitting the wheel wells when off road. What's the best way to go about some lift for cheap?

yiff in hell

youtube.com/watch?v=evPchGEWUjE

>wait through the entire intro
>just turns into shitty punk
thanks for wasting my time

if punk isn't shitty, it isn't punk
that's what makes it good

>punk Tay
I can't stand alt girls but she could actually pull off the look pretty well

should've PS a turbo on here arm tattoo

The offset wheel is hurting you more than tire diameter is. If nothing else you can block the rear to level and maybe turn the keys up an inch or so.

>can't properly use language to communicate
>asks me if I'm the one who's autistic
ok tripfag

just got my truck back today after the regear
beyond excited
rides like a racecar now comparatively, still in the break in period though so need to take it slow

>tfw noticed this as soon as i parked it
that rear heater bypass ive been putting off just jumped to the top of the list. leaving in less than 3 weeks there is so much to do fug

Autism it is, I see.

>no you
ok tripfag.

>having doors at all...
>master race.

Wewlad. Pick one.

4x4 blower biggy with 750 shot of nos master race checking in

For those here who do "serious" offroad; do you guys use your DD's, or do you have cars dedicated specifically to offroading?

I would love to get mine properly kitted out with bigger tires (nothing fancy, 33's), some sort of locker (unsure if I should go with airlocker or Detroit) and a little bit of a lift, but I also don't wanna damage the car as its my daily driver and I'm quite dependent on it

i dd a 1995 80 series on 35s, 4 inch lift and just went through a regear with a spartan autolocker in the rear
bumpers, sliders and roof rack coming next.
dding it is no big deal at all. only thing that sucks is gas mileage.
whats holding you back? unless you're doing serious rock crawling and you dont drive a total piece of shit iw ouldnt think youd have much to worry about

Well, offroading here is pretty much illegal outside of a very few designated areas that are open only for events that last a few days each, a few times a year

I'd hate to go there, have fun, do something retarded like shredding the absolute shit out of my diff, crack the prop shaft or something similar, and end up being stuck with no working vehicle

And I also feel like a dedicated offroad rig allows you to go a few more degrees crazy with both the driving and the modding

yeah you definitely have a very different situation than us in the US.
if i could only go off road a few times per year then id probably just rent one of those buggy things or something. otherwise yeah i guess a dedicated off road rig would make sense if you were rich. kind of hard to justify though since youre only using it a few times per year

Our old plow truck, its "custom". Now it needs a transmission and is probably going to get scrapped.

Our old plow truck. 94 Blazer with the back of the roof cut off and a silverado cab back wall welded in.

reported stolen

Not that I want to defend crum, but isn't half this board a closet fur?

No, but there is a good majority of shitposting by a couple losers, trying to act like they're the norm.

How helpful is the community over there?

There is a dedicated ORV area about an hour and a half from where I live. If anyone gets stuck, others in the area are quick to help out getting you out.

Back when I had my YJ, I took it up there. The radiator ended up breaking away from the mount and committed suicide straight into the radiator fan. I was towed from the park to the staging area by a stranger. Random people in the staging area helped me out by lending tools and giving moral support. When it turned out the radiator wasn't salvageable, another complete stranger drove me back home while the park rangers kept watch over my Jeep (overnight parking there isn't normally allowed).

I bring up my story because in your situation, where you can only off road a few days per year in select places, it would probably bring out people that are more than capable of helping out someone in distress. Would the people there rally together to help out there like they did for me?

>Stolen

I got some seriously rusted screws/bolts that need to come off. Has anyone used PB Blaster?
Is it as good as everyone says?

pb blaster is really good. make sure you spray the fuck out of it then let it rest for 15 minutes before you do anything.
with some really fucked bolts ive just sprayed it every day for like a week straight then gotten it off with a cheater pipe