>140hp
>no turbo
>no LED head or taillights
>no Apple/Android infotainment
>no sunroof
>no 4wd
>no leather
>poor visibility

How did Toyota end up making a less appealing, less feature car than the Hyundai Veloster?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svyhTQ_haL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I fail to see any of these as a con.

It's essentially a better Hyundai Accent

> 140hp more than enough for the dumb cunts on the high way
> no eco turbo that is retarded
> led bro. led bro. Good. Stop putting these on cars. It makes cheap cars look cheaper.
> No apple shilling is a plus
> No sunroof is an actually down vote for me
> 4wd is a meme
> leather is over rated
> visibility? waiting to see proof of that

>140hp
It's a light car.
>no turbo
I'm partial to NA but whatever
>no LED
so?
>No infotainment
again, so?
>no sunroof
I see no problem with it
>no 4wd
unless you're living in rust belt, again, I see no problem
>no leather
in a subcompact crossover! big whoop.
>poor visibiliity
that's basically all modern vehicle. thanks, crash safety rating!

Because this is a soon-to-be-mom mobile. Dumb white bitches with daddy's money will flock to this because it's manly and strong looking but so small and cute!

because it is meant to be an economy car not a hot hatch you fucking dumbass
why do you retards think every car is built with the purpose of going fast?

What the fuck is that? Not even kidding I've never seen that before. Are those Rav4 with body kits?

Did they jack the Civic tail lights? Sad

it's CH-R, what was almost a Scion. Subcompact crossover. Smaller than RAV4.

it's a cuck cruiser

it's what you buy before you need to buy a crossover to haul your wife's sons around

As far as I understand the reporting, literally the first few thousand of these almost left the factory in Turkey with Scion badges.

Then Scion died, because it turns out millenials actually like more fancy equipment. Toyota completely misjudged the North American market with Scion, hence why it died, hence why this now has a Toyota badge but is still barebones as fuck.

>WAAAAHHH modern cars are so complicated, big and pigfat
>WAAAAHHH modern cars don't have enough to electronics and gadgets to satisfy my autism

I thought Scion because Toyota didn't know what to follow up the first gen xB with and also misjudged how much buying power Millenials had

>it's CH-R,
you mean like CR-V?

the back reminds me of honda

More like HR-V.

looks like, hyundai developed tucson/civic hybrid with a toyota badge.
hey, at least doesn't have a lexus front

Also just wait for the 2019 model if you care about all of that.

The international version of the CHR has almost all that kit, because Scion wasn't a global brand. You can go watch the CarAdvice.au review right now to see. The Australian and European CHRs have LEDs, optional turbos, optional 4WD, literally all that shit. It was an oversight on Toyotas part that they thought American tweens didn't want that equipment, again, hence why Scion is now ded m8.

haha yea

Generally curious why you all have this attitude.

What the fuck is that shit, it's fucking hideous.

It's also got awkward amount of doors, unknown reliability, tech package that's basically gimmicks,

I'm really curious, though. You could've compared it to CX-3 or HR-V. Hell, you could've done it againt Honda Fit or the late xB. But Veloster?

Because....I have a Veloster?

And after now 16 months of fun and trouble-free ownership in the real world yet 16 months of being bitched at for owning a slow, numb unreliable heap of shit here in the virtual world, I am just assessing new cars I think I might want to replace the Veloster with, because regardless, I do get bored with various things rather easy, even orange KPOP hatchbacks.

I really like the way the C-HR looked. Then a couple reviews randomly appeared in my Google Now this morning that highlight how many features I'd have to lose to "upgrade" to this Toyota.

I thought this was a list of pros until i got to the poor visibility

Why tf do you want a truck that only drives 2 wheels?

It's... a subcompact. Crossover, but subcompact nonetheless. I don't think it's an upgrade from a Veloster, unless you think riding higher is one.

Because it's a fucking crossover that won't ever touch anything resembling a dirt road?

Keep your shitty decisions to yourself.

If you want a hot hatch why the fuck did you buy a Veloster over a GTI or FiST or even something like an Aygo + a turbo? Why the fuck would you want a shitty two door normie oriented crossover? They aren't comparable?

Stop acting like your Veloster is anything decent. Even the turbo is slow somehow. It looks like absolute dog shit. And I'm no badge whore but Hyundai and Kia are still the laughing stock of the automotive community and while they've made strides is a lot of areas why anyone would think a performance car from them would be good is beyond me.

Btw turbos don't matter, power and power to weight do. Sometimes turbos are a good option to get more power but turbo doesn't automatically mean better.
Infotainment is annoying unless you have a top of the line system from something like Bentley.
Sunroofs are just things that take up headroom which real men over 6' enjoy.
You're talking about 4wd? You have a FWD Hyundai!!! Holy shit. It wouldn't even be 4wd it'd be awd!
Leather seats are shit and if you've ever owned a car with nice cloth and a car with leather you'd always prefer the cloth.
A Veloster has just as shit visibility as that Toyota monstrosity.

Stop fucking shilling on Veeky Forums and go back to your shit country you fucking almond eyes.

I'm actually angry that this exists. This car makes me more mad than any of those "coupe crossovers". There's just something I viscerally hate about it.

It looks like a slightly less gay Juke

Hey, take that back.
I hate that froggy piece of shit.

You want more detail on my whole story? Ok.

They're both uglycute subcompacts, which I've found is my preferred style of car for whatever reason. I just like em.

I like the Juke, the Mini, the Beetle, the Fiat 500 and Kia Soul too, but the Veloster checked more of my boxes than any of those for various obvious reasons.
>price, reliability, ownership costs, not instadying in unlikely event of crashing into a Suburban and yes, features.

The Fit, Fiesta, HR-V, Chevy Sonic and most of the rest are bland, or have notorious tranny issues, or other random unappealing aspects.

I saw the C-HR a few months back and like I said, I really liked the way it looked. Honestly reminds me of the Veloster with the wide as fuck headlights and then the scooped-out looking taillights. But then refer to You make the same implications I've been seeing for 16 months the now. I could not possibly care any less about having a "hothatch." I know since its release everyone takes one look at the Veloster and thinks it is supposed to be some 400hp track monster based solely on the styling. But this isn't my problem. I knew before I bought it that it was literally nothing more than a Hyundai Accent that took off its J. Crew pullover and khakis and put on some fuccboi Gucci outfit. I like that.

This is advertised to have a 1.2 Turbo 4 here though

Yeah, about that...
That's not in America.

Also
>1.2 T4
dafuq is that, engine for ants?

Why is everyone shitting on the Veloster. From what I know even base Hyundais are are quite well equiped, compared to certain other brands.

engine for the fuel economy nazis

Because his grandad's roommate's ex wife's friend's 1985 Hyundai Excel left him for dead some twenty years ago.

Because a portion of the public wasn't ready for a cheap economy car to DARE to look like anything other than a cheap economy car apparently.

It might have all been worth it for future buyers though, as Hyundai let all the criticism get to them so much (aka an automaker is actually listening to the public for feedback, gasp) that they're now planning to turn the next gen inti the brand's halo performance car.

>I think my Civics have autism

RoTW spec has LED headlights and tail lights with sequential turn signals.
It's not Toyotas fault the US has retarded lighting regulations.

Then why does the US spec Corolla come standard with LED headlights?

They clearly intended on just selling it in the US as a shitty Scion, but now that it has to wear a Toyota badge it only highlights how off the mark they were with the Scion brand altogether.

>no turbo
In Europe we have a 1.2 turbo, less powerful

>no LED head or taillights
Pic related

>no Apple/Android infotainment
Japanese are retarded

>no 4wd
1.2 turbo comes also with a 4wd option

>no leather
Optional in Europe

>poor visibility
True but the car it's full of nanny technologies to "fix" this issue

It's so ugly it looks like it was designed by a highly skilled expert with the specific intention to make something ugly. What the hell is wrong with people?

matrix style turn signals aren't allowed
US-spec Lexus dont have them either.

Because the Veloster is just a cash grabbing meme. It just looks sporty but it has shitty suspension and as long as there's a model that goes PSHHHH and there's enough gadgets to distract the owner's autism, they don't even notice they only have a rear door on one fucking side.

>Only one door to the back seats
>Pic related

US regulations not allowing for matrix-LED still doesnt mean they are forced to only use halogen. Again, the Corolla has LED low and high beams. The C-HR will only come with halogen, in comparison.

And that was an oversight, especially considering the Corolla is surely routinely sold for lower prices than what people will be paying for the C-HR.

It's an entry level crossover, it's supposed to be cheap, not feature packed. It's like an HR-V

I saw pic related a couple of days ago. Seeing the exterior and that of the civic type r, will we be seeing more gundam edgy exteriors in the coming years?

Sadly yes,

and tons more of those Toyota abominations because they are selling like hotcakes over here (NL)

>truck
???

What I find funny is that the MSRP of the hybrid chr is 30k. 30k, and it's barely larger than the picanto next to it. If I wanted a compact crossover I would add a couple of grand extra and get the mercedes gla

HID/xenon headlights are superior imo. (I'm assuming that's what OP meant by LED but I could be wrong)

I could take or leave the other stuff but I will never go back to halogens again.

>spot new 86 outside Toyota stealership while driving past
>turn around and proceed to kick tires
>spot C-HR inside the showroom
>wonder what the FUCK kind of SUV crossover clusterfuck this is
>go inside
>read name
>wonder why Toyota has a Honda in the showroom
>"the H better be for hydrogen"
>3 (three) young mothers looking at the car with 3 nu-male fathers pushing strollers or having the baby strapped to their chest standing around
>look outside, nobody cares about the funcar, doesn't even get a spot in the showroom

>in the near future if you want a sporty car that isn't 20+ years old or cost $50k+ you are gonna have to go Korean

Or, you know, a Toyota 86...

>slower than a minivan

>he races moms in minivans
Who the fuck cares?

>slower than a minivan
>sporty

>no 4wd

you CAN have it in 4WD. It's available with the 1.2 liter turbo engine.

but muh rwd

You fucking benchracer cunts would praise a Fiat Multipla if it did 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and had high skidpad numbers. This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Not in the US

>Hyundai Veloster
Protip: This is confirmed a girl's car, when you put it in reverse the stereo shuts off, or lowers volume till you put car in drive. Heard that from a owner.

my mama has a new odyssey, shits actually really fun to mess around with at night in the hood

triggered toyota 86 owner detected

What's wrong with the Multipla?

This car was designed before the civic

>niceities people care about

youtube.com/watch?v=svyhTQ_haL8

>low octane fuel kills high octane engine
stopped watching right there.