Veeky Forums I have a terrible secret

Veeky Forums I have a terrible secret.
I've always wanted to buy a shitheap 1986 Monte Carlo and swap an LS6 into it.
Be "that guy" with the huge slicks on the rearend and shittly painted everything.
Should I act on this impulse?
What say you anonymous shitposters?

Other urls found in this thread:

heidts.com/part/irc-301-1982-1992-camaro-f-body-irs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably cheaper to just build up the 350 but everyone can appreciate a ridiculous sleeper like that.

do it

You need a better trans, rear diff, and suspension or your going to snap your drivetrains while skidding into a tree

Same, except with a turd gen, and I already have it. Really want to put a 5.3 in it with a T56 and a fourth gen rear end.

Do it.

I fully intended to buy a new trans and rear end. If I'm going to fit slicks on the back without bumping out the fenders I'd need to. I'd probably spend $20,000 to make a fast piece of shit, but it would be fun as shit as I fishtail hard on a backroad.
just don't want to be the guy who does a burnout out of a car meet and breaks the rear axle.

Well as long as you realize that dosh is going to be required then I say follow your dreams user

This is the first thread in my 6 years here that has been constructive. Like jesus people thank you guys

Or you know, just get a 4th gen and throw slicks on it.

I like the car I have though, plus 4th gens are uggo. Working on my cars is fun to me too, I'd be more proud of something I made myself than a turd I bought that just happens to also be fast.

dubsguy gets it
I love the turdgen look too!

4th gen ls1 t/a here

enjoy your inferior suspension geometry

I will. I'll also enjoy that it's the last good looking f-body, and still has a near infinite aftermarket. Plus there's a kit (albeit more expensive than most third gens are worth) for IRS in third gens, not yet for 4ths.

>IRS
kill it with fire

Do it

Here's a pro touring build with an LS376 crate engine

Do it man, grow outcha mullet and get some acid washed jeans from pacsuns. Pop in a black sabbath cassette and take a toke

I'll just leave this here.
heidts.com/part/irc-301-1982-1992-camaro-f-body-irs/

cool.

scratch the itch, send pics bro

For sure man, G bodies get down. It's not that much extra to have a nine inch housing welded for the G body suspension mounts. Once the nine inch is in there with a single piece tailshaft in a loop you can be confident the rear end will hold up.

tripfags shouldn't be allowed to call anonymous shitposters, fuck you OP

"That guy" thread?
I wanna be that guy who put an Audi 4.2l V8 from an RS4 into a Porsche Boxster.