/thread

Only for bimmers

>hipsters think i6 is better than v8

kek

V8
I6
I4
Electric

V10s are dumb. Either have a V8 or a V12. There is no reason to voluntarily build such an imbalanced engine if you have the space for a V10.

>Flat 4 turbo

V10 is literally always better than a V12.

>flat 6 twin turbo

Where's the rotory engine. That's true intellectual driver shit.

>muh vee ate
belongs in squirrel brain tier

True intellectuals realize that ICEs are shit technology and that once energy storage catches up induction motors will own everything forever

Also fuck tesla for deciding to load down an otherwise fine car with a bunch of gay infotainment garbage and fucking remote access so they can go full apple on your car

> Where's the rotory engine. That's true intellectual driver shit.

Rotaries confirmed for Koala brain tier.

Doing it wrong
Doing it right

This is right.

How many helical diffs are required to qualify as "Torsen AWD"? Where does a full time AWD system with a 50:50 nominal torque bias and all viscous diffs go? Where does a part time AWD system not licensed from Haldex go?

Supposing an I6 and V8 are somehow putting out the same amount of power, what benefits would an I6 have over a V8? I can't think of anything, the V8 would have better weight distribution, right?

My car has an I6 and I like that set up of engine but I don't understand why people would say it's better than a V8 if it objectively isn't

Switch I6 and V8.

why

Because 8 cylinders is a much better foundation than 6.

The L6 doesnt shake itself to death when you rev past 7000RPM.

you typically have an overhead cam set up without having to have retard tier timing belts/chain.

but the bottom is the shittiest one.

see:

V8 - tiny brain
I6 - normal
I4 - buddha

>i3

You're wrong.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cizeta-Moroder_V16T

Transverse V16 should be at the bottom of that list

>i4
>fat shitskin
You got that right.

I've driven V10s multiple times and while it's amusing, it's not a good layout
I6 = V12 > V8 > H6 > V10 > V6 > I4 > H4 > europoor meme engines (e.g. I3) > dorito

This. Literally easiest engine to work on.

>iPhones are the best phones because I'm too retarded to use anything else

>Linux is the best OS because it is the least user friendly
Fucking logic right there.

4th pic should be W8

That would make gravity fed two stroke single cylinders the galactic ubergods of engines.

>Mercedes is the best because of all of its manufacturer specific parts that no other vehicles have so they can charge out the ass for it while they watch Jamal rail their wives from their cucksheds
I can straw man as well famirino.

>false equivalency
You're arguing the I4 is best because it's easy to work on which is a nonsense critereon, I never said complexity made an engine better.

IPhone users are fucking notorious for praising their iPhones as the second coming of christ despite overpaying for objectively inferior garbage. You ask them why they bought one and it's always because it's easy for them to use (or because they wanted to fit in by "thinking different")

Using his own logic against him is not the same thing as a strawman. Ease of use doesn't mean it's better, especially when disregarding criteria that actually matters. Saying I'm praising Linux for being complex IS a strawman

>would
I'd assume there's more two stroke single cylinder engines in use today than any other type of engine.

Well cuckold, if an iPhone breaks normies don't know how to fix it. If an i4 breaks it's easy to repair, maintain, and it gets good fuel economy. It's also lightweight and uses space efficiently. Stay kukt.

I6
I4
V6
V8
V10
V12

Flat 6

V-FIat

AWD power rankings:
On-demand part-time systems (Haldex, Xdrive)
Permanent systems with viscous centers and open diffs (4Matic, Subaru)
Permanent systems with viscous or torsen centers and LSD diffs (torsen, clutch) (AWC, SH-AWD, Quattro)
Permanent systems with 3 locking differentials (G-class)

Third on the list is best for driving dynamics though.

Some Subaru's have limited slip diffs in the front, rear, or both. There's also aftermarket limited slip diffs for Subie's.

this

THIS

I wonder what this sounds like

>BMW F1 M10 turbo

This isn't accurate

Saab powers activate!

it yells 'kill me'

Probably fucked up senpai because the pistons would be fitting at different points in the cycle

I6 better than all of them

If it's a big diesel, Yes. Gas I6's are useless.

i wonder what its like being retarded

Couldn't tell you, but if you want to know what it was like raising a retard just ask yer mum

GOTTEM

No, it depends on what you do with said engine that actually matters.

youtu.be/WXPEJVHsi_k

>being retarded enough to use a I6 when a LS V8 is physically smaller and better than all other engines

That's full retard.

>better
>6L engine for 300 hp

Why are amerifats so braindead fucking stupid?

A jag V12 (if you can get it to start) can't make 300hp on a good day from 6 liters. A NA I6 can barely break 200hp. Once you add turbo's and all their bullshit it weighs more than a LS.

God created the LS engine for a reason.

my ford barra is a 4L n/a I6 and made just over 300 on the dyno bone stock, try again

>rotory
>intellectual

top laughings

Top of the food chain mutha fucka

I don't know enough about v4's to say no.