Long story short: The 2006 civic that my parents gave me for my first car was just traded in for a new C300 unbeknownst...

Long story short: The 2006 civic that my parents gave me for my first car was just traded in for a new C300 unbeknownst to me. I was in class when they made the deal; I had no say in it.

I'm not particularly fond of luxury cars, so I have no idea what to expect with this shiny piece of shit. I appreciate what they did, don't get me wrong, but I kind of preferred having a beater car. I took care of the civic that I had, but I liked not having to worry about every little pothole I ran over, every little scratch, or even having a thick shell of dry pollen crusting it up.

I took the thing out for a spin, and I found that I had to be so fucking careful of absolutely everything. I was hyper-aware of any movement a car made near me, and every pothole I ran over shook my insides. I was practically seeing into the future looking for anything that could have resulted in damage to this German fuck. It's a nice car, but I miss my civic. Luxury isn't for me.

My question is: What can I expect with this thing? I know it's Veeky Forums, but someone amongst us must own a benz and is willing to fill me in on how much maintenance costs for this thing---of which is another aspect that I'm worried about. My parents pay for the car, and on my end, I have to pay for insurance, registration, and any maintenance necessary. I had it good with the civic, since Hondas are extremely low-main and also don't require you to fork over a fortune to insure. What am I in for?

I'd appreciate any help.

>My parents pay for the car, and on my end, I have to pay for insurance, registration, and any maintenance necessary.
That was incredibly fucked up of them. They screwed you over man

1/10 at least you tried kid.

> thinking your chinsy, milk bottle plastic car is 'luxury'

Mate, luxury died in the 80's

Count the ashtrays man

Sales guy probably laughed all the way to the bank, that Civic is probably going to be worth more in three years than the benz

Are you implying that the maintenance for these German shits is as bad as I thought they'd be? I hate shelling out any cash for labor. I did all my own repairs on that civic. Would you happen know how accessible MBs are when it comes to an amateur doing his own repairs?

Luxury or not, it's the price tag this thing came with that's making me anxious.

The civic's priceless in terms of sentimental value. I have no idea why they'd trade that old thing anyway. It probably didn't even cover the fucking down payment on this shit. I'm pretty sure the leather seats on the c-class cost more than the civic itself.

I'll just take public transport to class. This thing would get keyed in no time.

>having parents that do shit that only affects you without talking it over
should probably kill them and then yourself. too bad they already bred.

Mercedes-Benz is a fucking nightmare dude. Even regular jerkoff mechanics can't fix them right if they don't buy OEM parts (fucking expensive btw). And when you take it directly to them be prepared to get raped, major services often cost thousands of dollars.

Did you get quoted for the insurance yet?

Its new, its got a warranty. Literally not your problem. Just take it to the dealer and get a loaner if you have issues.

Hey user,

Unlike all reply so far from poorfags that don't understand, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

When I was younger I had an older v8 camaro that I loved with all my heart. I got it b4 I was 18 so it was never officially in my name but they got it for me to keep.

4 or 5 years later they were amazed on how well I took care of a car they expected me to crash, get tickets ect. So while I was off with the military, my parents sold it and used the money to buy a corvette.

I tried to look thankful and happy but I was devastated. It took me about 9 months to get over it. The worst part? By the time I got back, they refused to put it in my name and treated me like I was 16 with it. I had to ask permission to go everywhere and I couldn't go far. I wish they would have left me the fuck alone.

Long story short, my reward became a huge punishment for no reason. I'm happy that is all behind me now though.

>This thing would get keyed in no time
Where do you live that an entry level Mercedes would get keyed?

Also, maintenance is a meme. Unless you're dirt poor it shouldn't be a problem. Repairs can be expensive though, hopefully it was purchased new or at least pre owned but still in warranty so you don't have to worry about that end of it.

Your parents should learn to negotiate though. I got 3 years of free maintenance when I bought my bimmer

>Where do you live that an entry level Mercedes would get keyed?
Anywhere with niggers.
>in 4 poorfag
I live in a 250k house, above average in shithole Texas, and my fucking cars get keyed all the time. Last one made in 1 night and got keyed the next morning at United.

Anywhere with public transport to bus nigger thieves around has this problem.

>c300
>""""""""""""Luxury car"""""""""""""""
It's a car, just maintain it to the book and don't crash.

Out of curiosity, what do you parents drive?

They have an MDX. MBs and Acuras are pretty typical for Asian parents.

is it bad the first thing I noticed was the pink panties, then that it was a base-model E9x
THEN I noticed the rest of the woman

P sure that's an e87

Tell them since it was their decision they're on the hook for repairs and the extra insurance.
If they refuse just sell it and buy the civic back.

P sure that's a man

Probably in their name

I second this. Though mention you appreciate the gesture, but you want your civic back because you dont want something that nice. That, or they can have it and you can take one of their cars.

You need to offload the car right fucking now. Sell it and get the fuck outta there. The first time something major breaks, you're going to be absolutely fucked. Your parents seem like they have a narcissist streak in them - your civic must have embarrassed them and they obviously didn't care what you think about a brand new car and they managed to offload the responsibility for the vehicle onto you with no consequences for them. You need to give them the keys and walk out before they permanently moor you to their failing lives

Oh dear lord that is probably the hottest pic I've seen in a very long time.

Trade it in for an Acura TLX.

Actual mechanic here. I hope you have some type of warranty because a benz is a complete fucking nightmare when things go wrong. Anyone that says "HURR ITS A MEME THEY'RE NOT BAD" has never touched a Benz model past 2000. Only a stupid fuck says they're easy to take care of.

You MUST use OEM dealer parts for repairs, which in itself costs an arm and a leg and maybe a kidney. You can't walk into autozone and buy a valuecraft brand or else you'll never fix the problem. You must have specialized 12 point socket sets and torque wrenches, and a bunch of other certain expensive tools.

Also, the easiest way to service them is taking off the front end which will take a couple hours if you only have an access to jack and jack stands.If you're lucky enough that the repair isn't something internal or wiring.

Tell your parents to return it ASAP unless they have a warranty/will help you with maintenance costs. Fill the fucker up with high-end synthetic like pennzoil ultra and use a decent OEM oil filter and maybe things might work out.

Get a copy of WIS from ebay, learn to do the maintenance yourself. Mercedes are pretty easy to work on.

OMG like so hot like ftw xd

So I don't get it, you said new C300, right? Do you mean a new car with a new warranty, a preowned vehicle with a certified warranty, or a vehicle that is "new" to you but no warranty and used? Each has its own problems.

Insurance on a new luxury car will mandate full coverage for at least the amount of the vehicle loan is worth for comprehensive/collision, registration probably won't be that different, and for a CPO oil changes will constitute the maintenance until the warranty ends for the most part. You should definitely shop for insurance again, and ask your parents if you can join on their policy - it will probably be cheaper than insuring on your own, unless you would insure in fall smaller liability limits. Just pay the delta that having you on insurance adds. (If you're on their insurance, you should shop around). Who has the car registered, you or one of your parents (who is the name on the registration?)

A used vehicle with a warranty will have had some good depreciation, if the certified warranty is there this is your best bet. The insurance impact will likely be much less since the car is modern with good safety and anti-theft, but the car isn't worth as much from a replacement value perspective. Still get warranty maintenance.

Used outside of warranty? Yikes, Benz parts are expensive and maintenance can be a bitch.

Jesus christ the Scotty is real.

>You MUST use OEM dealer parts for repairs
Wrong. Simply buy OEM parts from rockauto or pelican parts for half the price of dealer. There's only a few parts only the dealer has.

>You must have specialized 12 point socket sets and torque wrenches, and a bunch of other certain expensive tools.
Name them. A torx socket set for $30 covers 90% of special tools, or 100% if you're not doing engine work. Interior tools and torque wrenches should be in everybody's kit.

>Also, the easiest way to service them is taking off the front end
Citation needed. This isn't some shitbox Audi or VW. V6 mercs have about 6-8" of space between the belts and the rad fan. Lights are easily accessible, timing and accessories are all on the front. Suspensions are standard designs.
>Fill the fucker up with high-end synthetic like pennzoil ultra and use a decent OEM oil filter and maybe things might work out.
Recommended oil is any 229.51 rated oil. Mobil 1 0W-40 Euro Car blend is easy to find. OEM filter is the Mann fleece filters, miles better than a paper filter. Also the sumps are so large, they really can last the 6-9k miles between services even on city mileage.

What about issues with the electronics?

>Where do you live that an entry level Mercedes would get keyed?
The homeless will key it here in seattle if you don't pay their protection fee. Some street meter parking spaces are staked out as their property. And if you park there, you have to pay them a fee to watch and protect your car. If you don't pay, an "anonymous" person is going to scratch it. At least the fee is not too much at $5 to $10.

The worst is football day. The black kids come out and blatantly charge $20 or more. They catch you as you are getting out of your car to go into the stadium. You MUST pay because those football tickets cost too much to abandon. Sometimes there are three of those black lives matter kids and you have to each of them $20. If you try to bargain with them, they call you racist.

a non amg mercedes will be the most expensive mistake you ever make
/thread

there is no point trying to argue againts merc reliability people either
-own(ed) a merc and know that they arent unreliable or moneypits or whatever
-or shitpost about merc reliability 24/7

wh-where's her girlpenis?

Sorry to hear that mate, my parents forced me to buy a car through a dealer, and i got fucked in the ass because they wouldnt let me haggle either.

Now im stuck paying 5k for something worth maybe 3, im glad to finally be out on my own and able to make my own decisions, even if theyre dumb.

Good luck to you OP, dont take those inclines at the wrong angle

I see a penis.

lol the told you it was a reward but they knew what they were doing. they knew how much you loved that camaro, you joined the military, essentially leaving your parents for a higher authority. They were punishing you and exerting their control on you buy taking away something you love. also the reason why it want put in your name

>it's the price tag this thing came with that's making me anxious
Chill out, at 40 grand new I don't think it's even worth calling luxury.

>Click picture hoping for a bulge
>No bulge, I'm disappoint
This site has ruined me,
As for your question op, just buy a Camry

I hate Running shoes!!!!!! she should wear loafers or some brown leather shoes!!!! REEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

>ill fitting granny panties
>hot

Honestly, just stay on top of the regular service intervals and you'll be okay

dat fuck hole