Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
I'm looking for a car with an 80s vibe, preferably a rwd car for the Initial D style. I think a RX-7 FA would be good. Any ideas?

s12 for underrated and cheap. if you want a super reliable dd, celica with a 22r.

>FA
Parts would be hard to come by given the age of the car. Go FC if you must go rotary. FD is overpriced and 90s vibe.

Also
>80s
>Initial D
then you won't be running in the 90s, you do realize?

Right, I'm not really into the 90s style. 80s has more cubism, and hey I'm special, I was born in the wrong generation.

Celica I like, s12 isn't going to work. Can't import it. Looks like an Isuzu Impluse actually.

the s12 200sx came in the states? Or are you in another shithole?

The s12 is a massive pile of shit

As long as you're aware.
>FC
>A70 Supra
>NSX; hey, it's edgy enough for me
>AW11 MR2
Figure this is a good list for ya

explain?

Yeah man. Way too overpriced so that's not going to happen. Also the ones that do work are torn to shit so it's an impossibility now.

That's strange. For me, I never see any on craigslist, and when I do, they are granny cars or shitboxes. I have seen a total of two (2) on craigslist, in my entire time of searching. I have even seen a s110 for sale.

Slow, heavy, shit brakes, shit chassis, shit interior, shit electronics, shit suspension, shit engines.
Just shit. Go do some reading. Theres a reason they fell off the face of the earth. No one wants them.
The RX7 would destroy them with less power.
So does the ae86.
Hell im sure an SR5 would too.

Like the Supra and Mk., definitely possible. Maybe even a Celica Supra

Wierd, I thought the s12 led way (chassis wise) to the s13. I knew they were absurdly slow, but that's about it.

Maybe you're somewhere over the rainbo but here it's hell for any Japanese car. VTAK stickers go on Toyotas, for example.

The S13 has the same issues.
Including the terrible chassis.

ripperino pepperino. Being 18, its something like 160$ a month for my conquest. Good thing shitty obscure cars are cheapish to insure.

what's the best alternative to s13, based man

All I know is I can't afford one, same pricing shit with foxbodies and miatas too.

Hell yeah! Station bodies and 80s Chrysler! I was thinking about a Shelby Turbo Z there's one with 75k for 2k real close.

Not a huge k-car fan, but that sounds like a killer deal, especially for a shelby model. Those 2.2's can make some impressive power. The g54b is sucky for modding : ( Atleast stock its a decent engine.

*Starion.

Yeah it's not really a K-car though Mitsubishi was behind most of it. Oh, and it's soundtrack in commercials was Danger Zone. America the beautiful.

Regardless, I would be down for a Dodge Spirit R/T if I ever found one. To bad they are extremely rare, and shitty.

>Shitty, obscure cars are best cars.

Haha funny you mention that there's one on Craigslist for 2500 that looks great. Heard they rip through timing belts though.

Mind posting add? Man, if only my turbo decided to not take a shit on me...

If I got it I'd put a Plymouth Acclaim badge on it for sleeper appeal.

Am I the only one who's going to point out there's no such thing as an FA? It's FB or SA(22).

Hell it's far, but I don't know a road trip to get one seems cool. Searchtempest, the land of discovery and disappointment.

Damn, shit like this needs to pop up where I live :(

I also like how we hijacked OP's thread.

Nope this is my thread. FA is still on my list but I don't know these Chryslers keep popping up. Not to mention this too...

Do you already have a DD?

Designated driver? We'll all need one soon it's get wasted day soon!

?

Just don't fall down the same path I did, where you want cool 80's car, and then it sits in your garage on jack stands waiting for you to fix it.

>Car-less boy

St. Patrick's day is what I meant, but yeah I see what you mean but who wants a Camry?

A person who wants reliable transportation.

Well of course but there's no fun in that.

get RX7 then boyo. Or if you want to be like me, look for a st165 alltrac, GVR4, or a Galant GSX.

MR2 AW11 is your best option.

The MK3 Supra is dog shit. I have driven one, and it isn't very fast, it doesn't handle well, the interior isn't nice, and it feels heavy.

you drove a n/a or tarbo?

Turbo. It still felt slow and heavy.

I'm probably going with the RX-7 FA but All-Trac Celica? I've only seen 1 near here.

If only homogolation cars were common.

The GSX Galant is just plain rare. Never even heard of it till a couple of days ago. Image a GVR4 with a N/A DOHC 4G63. Funky stuff. Was sold in canada as the Dodge 2000gtx.

Go with RX7 and have fun with Brap Brap.

No turbo? Huh. But definitely US gets screwed with the production rally cars. No Cosworth, RS200, Sierra, Celica GT4, etc.

We got the Galant VR4, so I'm happy. Hopefully I'll own one of those someday. Just got to decide what direction in life to go down now, and to fix carro.

Sounds good. Have fun with the proto-evo!

The only proper MK3 Supra is the JZA70