darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer for non-backers (apparently audio missing?)
MusketMod v2
mega.nz/#!l8ECxAIA!qKG1tfFdX0Dcd54U4YTZTYseshZjIrTc31stp3YHGQk

Other urls found in this thread:

darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Backer_trinkets
twitter.com/BourassaArt
mega.nz/#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8
images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/170412021723185417/B9D35CEFBCF90062D129B17EFDBE37BE69BE62DA/
images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/170412021723185627/4796D7643E0F6D0235D6274B759BE283F7E9C7EB/
youtube.com/watch?v=EYT0PCqtw-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for fuck shriekers

Here we go.

Already beat the (second?) level Collector this run and got the Bounty Hunter's head (only the second time I've brought a bounty hunter, after a long absence.

Got holy waters, potion, antivenoms, resists, marks, stabs, etc.

Greslet's fresh meat in a team of Adventurers.

Starting a new save. Anybody want to name my estate?

Our boy holding his own.

> . . . Hm.

Take that, faggot.

I really need to send some guys to hunt shamblers
too bad last time I found shambler altar it was before Swine God fight

Might just wanna do that while doing other things. I went Shambler hunting in black as pitch for months in game and I still somehow never ran into a Shambler.

what is that blue egg trinket?
backer stuff?

Calm Sunshine estate

wait hold on,
whats all there items you have? I've never seen that head, or those puzzling shards. mod? or was there an update that required a new estate

Audrey head is a new thing, so we can assume that those black shards are new thing too
bottle I've seen somewhere before

He's playing Pitch Black mod.

thanks user

>backer trinkets
darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Backer_trinkets

sheesh some of these are ridiculous, thank god they arent added by default

>not playing only strict vanilla

PBD has some interesting skill reworks, I like how they added additional bonuses at 3 and 5 so you actually want to level the skill instead of getting +5 accuracy on them

>Working on some @DarkestDungeon dungeon entrance room BG's with @trudicastle Soon, you'll start your quests just outside the dungeon

Neat! I hope the entrances change for the different difficulty levels, like it's different parts of the dungeon you're exploring. Would go some way towards explaining why there aren't snibbidy snabs in the easy cove missions.

Fuck yeah that's awesome. I've been hoping for some stuff like this ever since John said they wanted unique backgrounds for boss fights.

>I fought the Shambler and all I got was this lousy Trapezohedron

Tell me about it. I fought the Collector on week three, lost my starting Plague Doctor to him, and all I got was the trap and a stun stone. I guess doesn't give you heads if you fight him that early.

Is that vag on her back where the eye comes out?

no, thats an anus

Is it worth fucking with books? They're such an awful mix bag.

FUCK YOU COLLECTOR, IF YOURE GOING TO FUCK UP THIS RUN YOU CAN AT LEAST DROP MORE THAN ONE TRAPEZOHEDRON IN PITCH FUCKING DARKNESS.

I usually don't, unless I'm planning on camping soon or if I have a Jester on my team.

I usually skip books, they do more harm than good

I only touch books with characters who have no good quirks, and then I only do it if I am confident I won't regret losing 50 light or taking some stress.

I don't know what I was thinking bringing a bunch of nobody's to fight the swine prince. I wasn't ready for the damage.

Look at it this way: You didn't lose anybody you give a damn about.
Did you hit Wilbur?

Not enough. I tried splitting damage because I had a bunch of breeders. I got the prince to half when two of my crew died and the other two were near death and at 90 stress

>breeders
I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but next time you should take a hint from your team's barks when wilbur gets hurt.
Also, occultist and arbalest can both cheese the bosses' health down to nothing on all difficulties.

Meant bleeders but auto correct happened.

>health
I mean damage. They can cheese his damage to nothing.

I reccomend ARB flare over OCC weakening curse
But you can have both

Okay.

>Ivanka Trump 3
my sides

FUCK

it was almost alright, but the last volley in the last ambush got him, god damn it.

Jesters, bounty hunters, they have no luck with me, son of a bitch

He had such a future ahead of him.

Least I got the Ancestor's Candle of the Shambler he just slew, and he helped scrounge up quite a few deeds. RIP.

WHEN ARE THE HEROES GETTING A LOG FOR THEIR INDIVIDUAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS, FUG

DON'T MAKE ME REMEMBER IT MYSELF

RIP Baudry
>Jesters, bounty hunters, they have no luck with me
stack dodge on them and they become unhittable
jester is a bleed machine
we all know how high BH can crit

So what would you have for:

>Reynauld's head
>Plague Doctor's head
>Occultist's Head
>Bounty Hunter's Head?

just got this and I can tell I'm going to be spending many hours playing it

what are the top 5 anime protips for a beginner? I don't want my hand held while I play this, but I would appreciate advice so I can avoid rookie pitfalls

you mean stats or names?

Tbh just read the guide in the op. It has all the info you need.

this graph will tell you everything you need to know

>reading

Don't get attached to characters

Upgrade the stagecoach first, the one that gives you more characters to choose from.

Hire those lvl 0 characters for suicide runs where you send them on green missions without supplies. This way, atleast one of them is bound to make it back alive with all the loot they found and then you can kick them out if you dont want to keep them.

Dont even touch books. seriously.

Keep Dismas and Reynauld (your starting highwayman and crusader) alive for the last Darkest Dungeon fight for an achievement and bragging rights.

darkest dungeon is a game about sending countless men and women to their eventual death. Its more of a risk simulator than a spreadsheet grinder

That being said
>upgrade your coach immediately, get more arrivals and bigger barracks and hoard replacements. You get new arrivals after every quest and at the start of the game, its more efficient to just replace overstressed and suicidal members with new suckers. You can stop replacing units when you're skilled enough to keep units in good shape (usually around level 3)
>always bring torches, stack of food, shovels, and at least 1 key. Those are the bare necessities you need while the rest are just good to have. When you camp during medium or long missions, always ALWAYS use a skill to prevent night ambushes or you will get fucked up.
>learn to prioritize targets in fights. Stress is a silent killer so make sure you can hit various ranges, especially the backrow. Stunning is almost as good as killing something.
>You don't have to interact with curios, sometimes its better to avoid most of them unless you have the right items to safely do it
>And when in doubt, retreat or abandon quest. You can run, and you should do it if you need to.

and read the two guides in the OP of course

i am losing my shit over this image

Learn curio interactions, or just look them up. There's obvious ones like using a key to open a locked chest or using holy water on an altar, and then there's others like using a bandage on a rack of knives or a spiderweb.

stats

...or names, i guess

Anyone able to extract sound effects from this game?

I want the jester's inspiring tune as my text ringtone

I killed the first necromancer guys. This is a glorious first step towards reclaiming my ancestral home!

enlighten me on pitch black

TOP 10 THINGS OUT OF MY HEAD THAT SHOULD BE IN STATS:
>Bosses killed (includes Shamblers, Collectors, Shriekers)
>Damage Dealt
>Damage Taken
>Stress Endured (total stress taken)
>Total Enemies Destroyed
>Total Heal
>Highest dmg dealt
>Highest heal dealt
>Curios interacted
>Times Virtuous

OP is out of date, MusketMod v3 was posted a thread or two ago

PBD is harder than the base game

>PBD is harder than the base game
Darkest Dungeon is hard enough and I am not pic related

congratz user, who are you gonna kill next?

holy shit that's cool, where is this tweet?

>OP is out of date, MusketMod v3 was posted a thread or two ago
post it faggot, or you make next OP
I just copied it from previous one

I'd assume a tweet relating to the development of darkest dungeon would be on the darkest dungeon twitter account.

here, 4 hours ago
>twitter.com/BourassaArt
5 seconds in google

i'm retarded, don't know why i thought it wouldn't be there

not that guy but I looked at the previous thread and found it
mega.nz/#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8

Going back for the swine prince

>tfw installed Musketeer mod but only 1 level zero musketeer in the last few hours even though I have level 3 recruits upgrade

that was literally written there you dumb fuck
I am now Abusive, good job, you stressed me

lets remember to add it to OP

Do not attack Wilbur, take lots of bleeds
Warrens are fun, you have free food if you stack bandages and herbs.
4 Shovels should be enough

myself

I went on short warrens and forgot to buy torches
Can I do it?
VE-HWM-LE-HE

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/170412021723185417/B9D35CEFBCF90062D129B17EFDBE37BE69BE62DA/

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/170412021723185627/4796D7643E0F6D0235D6274B759BE283F7E9C7EB/

>Squeal!
>Arbalest Stunned
OR
>Finish Them
>Swine King goes before Arbalest

If BackerAnon is still out there, thank you so much for taking the time to fix and upload. Greatly appreciated.

> go to check out BourassaArt
> realized he Favorited one of my tweets last night
> is this true love?

>finis the first year on Radiant
>start new save on Darkest
>sonorous prophet 1
>first shambler encounter
>lose my first PD because paranoid affliction
>finish the fight and retreat from dungeon
there is literally nothing worse than someone being afflicted with Paranoid, maybe Masochist

youtube.com/watch?v=EYT0PCqtw-U

Just export the audio and trim it in audacity or something

I fucking love the Shrieker

>there is literally nothing worse than someone being afflicted with Paranoid, maybe Masochist

>do the first veteran dungeon
>lose 2 out of 4 characters on the 2nd battle

>Reynauld's head
+35% damage to Unholy
10% chance to steal

>Plague Doctor's head
+1 Speed
+30% Blight Resistance
+10% Stress

>Occultist's Head
+20% Bleed Chance
+20% Debuff Chance
+25% Stress

>Bounty Hunter's Head
+10% crit to Marked targets
+10% Stress

>10% chance to steal
I'm so glad that this kind of malus is not part of the game

Rey, BH OP
Occ almost useless
PD useless

>10% chance to steal
you fucker

Only Junia's head is useful so whatever.

What is better for champion prophet, double doggo spamming guard dog or occultist spamming weakening curse?

>Implying Baristan head is not great addition to M@A

why not both?

no real need to reduce the damage when I dodge every rubble of ruin. it would be overkill.

>tfw my Occ always pulls off great heals

Your time is coming.

Crusader is boring, ruins are ez anyway and it's just a slightly stronger unholy slayer ring. i'd go with something else, like +25% damage if torch above 75.

Plague doctor is garbage.

I like occultist giving bleed chance, that is fucking hilarious. But it seems a bit weak. maybe make it something like "+50 bleed chance, -20 bleed resist, -20 healing received, +20 stress"

bounty hunter seems too situational and weak. maybe just a flat 5% crit chance would be better.

The prophet has 2 turns per round, so half of your weakening curse will be wasted on his blight and stress attacks

for maximum cheese you need 2 occultists

If you're concerned with defensive stats then just use a Tough Ring and chances are your other trinket is the Rampart Shield.

He carried me through DD3 by keeping everyone topped off, I'm just too good at rolling high heals user

>maybe make it something like "+50 bleed chance, -20 bleed resist, -20 healing received, +20 stress"
You realize there's literally zero positives to this, right?

>when I dodge every rubble of ruin
it's like you want to be reminded

>Plague doctor is garbage.
TAKE IT BACK

Bah, never mind, I was reading that with the mindset of an Occultist wearing the trinket.

>I was reading that with the mindset of an Occultist wearing the trinket.
that does not make any sense either!