BMW Z4 E85

What's Veeky Forums's honest opinion on the BMW Z4 E85? Pros and Cons?

Thinking of buying the 3.0i version! What do you think will be a realistic gas mileage in the city with a modest driving style?

Photo: Wikimedia.org

I honestly kinda like it, even though the exterior and interior where designed by two women. Don't expect much respect from guys, but it is in fact a fun small 2 person car.

I don't care who designed it...

the only time gender actually had an effect on the outcome of a design is the new nsx

You did ask for an honest opinion...

that's right, didn't mean to offend you. Just wanted to comment on your opinion.

I care about the outcome of the design process and not who did it.

To be fair it looks ok.

Don't listen to the fags who say BMW is hard to work on, it's really not, all you need is basic tools and google and you can do almost anything yourself. Just pick what you like.

just dont. its a shitbox will be spending all your money keeping it going because BMW. put another car makers engine in it if you are planning on keeping it. only famous because was product placement in james bond film. save your money and buy a aston marton DB7 instead.

Case and point, has never worked on or owned a BMW.

my personal opinion is that the aston marton DB7 doesn't look good. To me the design is too regular, just average. It doesn't look bulky/masculine, but also doesn't look sporty/agile.

Looks are also important to me...

Nice to drive car, had one with hardtop, gave me a headache after an hour because it's pretty loud inside
Also 9l/100km, city only will be higher

I calculated the costs for a year with about 11 L/100KM in the city with a modest driving style, I think it might be realistic

Wasn't the Z8 the bond car?

Would consider a Z4M as my next car. As much as i like drop tops i think this car looks better as a coupe. Interior looks really bland though, even compared to a miata of the same era.

its decent, but stick to the ones that used the m54 engine instead of the n52 engine

I was thinking about the m54 3.0i engine

its case in point, and saying that doesn't work here.

that's bretty gud
i never liked the styling over the z3 but the z3 was kind of a frankenstein, the z4 was more purpose built sportscar roadster.
it won't feel like a miata though, too heavy.
i would recommend looking up common issues and look up diy repairs on youtube to see what you're getting into. standard bmw ownership stuff

My brother owned one for around 2 years and it was a coupe. The engine and transmission are nice, fuel economy is ok and I liked the body style of it.
The interior is cramped though and only having two seats can be annoying.
If it were my money I'd rather have an E46 M3.

The Z4 is a sport car and the Z3 is a soft riding cruiser.

I'd say go for it for a good price.

Had one for a couple of years, it was alright but as one user said be prepared to spend higher than average cost in it because BMW. A timing belt change was quoted to me at $600 on average from a few mom and pop garages; didn't have the resources to do that kind of job myself as someone else has suggested in this thread.

Keep an eye out on the VANOS with the M54 motors, there's a plastic bit that'll come loose and an hero into the combustion chamber.

>timing belt
>BMW
Lmao what