/ng/ - Nioh General

No tears, only dreams edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>Little things to know

Your amrita counter turns gold when you have enough to level up.

If you're going to sell your gear, break it down first and sell the materials because they are worth more.

Using spirit stones will charge your spirit weapon.

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected, this saves time running back to your grave and also takes away the risk of losing all your amrita before you reach your grave

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour when you defeat them, these pieces are good but they often require investment into skill or strength etc. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon. This is a great advantage because your forged gear has lower requirements and you don't have to farm the boss all the time for more pieces.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most. Don't worry if the clan you chose is on the losing side (red or blue team), we've learnt this week that clans can change color if one is dominating too much.

old beta guide the could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

t. conquered:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVV5xVM22fg
youtube.com/watch?v=gaaLPkKiBP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NINJA GAIDEN

FOR HONOR

NEVER STOP POSTING ABOUT THESE GAMES, THEY ARE BOTH SUPERIOR TO THIS GUTTER TRASH

Tome cute

everyone jump into the ogress twilight mission
there's lv 100 revenants in here

went from using lv70 stuff to lv95 stuff

Tome is a boy though...

>this 100% happened
It 100% didn't happen.

>put 10 levels into heart
>swapped to kato
>red demon set

>mfw 30% extra ki and 50% faster regen

Tome is not for faggots
Okatsu is the 13 year old boy

>tfw 64k Iai in co-op and some guy asks me how to do so much damage

not even 320 weapons

>Using the Spiritfu.
A man of refined taste.

Atlas Bear is also acceptable.

She gives me special effect intensity +25% which goes well with the stupid retard build I'm using.

So for unlocking the last two regions in Way of the Strong, do I just have to complete specific missions or all the missions?
What about sub missions?

top kek
why even use this?

What's the most effective build going into NG+? I don't mean magic or anything either, just a weapon and an armor set that have really good synergy.

how is the fanatic's set?

There's like two bosses who react differently who are also super easy to kill regardless when it comes to their ranged attacks. To answer your question, there is no reason to use it.

Gotta do the sub missions too.

red memeon set with his spear

Press map, look at the bottom right. You need more segments on that bar lit up

>how is the fanatic's set?
Go with Suzaku while wearing it and you get a lovely 30% damage bonus to living weapon while your HP is low.

Damn you actually proved him a liar.

Even more stats. Again with Spirit scaling at A+ and Heart at B+
Spirit 6, Heart 6-99 gives 224 damage, avg 2.41 damage per point
Spirit 39, Heart 6-99 gives 223 damage, avg 2.40 damage per point.
Let's compare Heart gains from my previous test where we have 2.42 damage per point at 6 Spirit and 2.40 damage per point at 99 Spirit
So congrats, your scaling diminishes by .02 points of damage per point in heart.

>doing main story before the giant skeleton boss
>cool intro into it.
>death and sorrow all around.
>kill moth man
>see more carnage as they charge into gun fire and die.
>little kodama's are all over the place watching this.
>feel immense sadness
>"Poor little guys, I'll get you all home. Away from this hell."
>put on kodama sense and start looking for them among the dead hidden away from sight.
>they still cheerfully wave and bow to me as I rescue them.

That level really fucked me up. the next area was even worse.

To add to this, the katana has a damage multiplier at around 1k. So 1 point in damage barely matters.

>Trying to help people in the Spider Nest Castle mostly to get spider husks
>Every host expects me to solo the mission and walks 50 feet behind me
>Start gathering up mobs and then leaving so the host gets fucked

Fucking faggots sell the game and watch it on youtube if you want others to play it for you.

what level are you and how did you do it? I think the most I have done is over 12k. I am around level 120 with a 150+2 1kat.

how do I add +s to swords anyway?

Can you get unlimited ninjutsu or luck on every gear piece with rerolling?

99 skill a+ scaling sword with attack inherited on all my armour pieces from gloves

obviously using carnage and weakness etc

yes you can
but skill inheritance is easier
Speaking of skill inheritance. The finer points of inheriting on weapons is fucking impossible.

This, also fuck people who help out and rush to the boss doors.
>not helping finding kodama's and shit
>not following the host at his pace
I mean if you want to help people at all fucking let them dictate how slow or fast it goes.

Here.

Just finished mount hiei...i have a cat.

;_;

That ending though.

Happy Tears.

no fuck you. I'll race you to every single Kodama, treasure, and amrita in the level but don't you waste my fucking time by wasting your fucking time.

I'm here for the cups. Nothing more.

Are you sure can you post prove?

I've not been lucky enough to find gear with high unlimited ninjutsu, or even unlimited ninjutsu that you can inherit to begin with.

>tfw I really want to get into Kusarigama but I have no idea how to use the damn thing

send help

farm iga for his schematic

the set bonus is like 30% unlimited iirc

only helms can get luck ive seen multiple pieces get unlmited ninjutsu but it doesnt matter you can just inherit pass it on

YOU ARREADY WASTING TIME PIGGU. YOU SIGNED UPU TO CO OP. YOU GO SROW OR PIRE OF SART IN YOU FACE!

play the earlier levels with it to get the feel for it and its stances
also, grab the long range grab moves has soon as you can

Low stance. swing. win. High stance alright.

mid stance shit.

34.7 is the highest I can go but I imagine you can make it to 35 or 36 with good enough rolls.

No unlimited jutsu on this set at all. What you DO get is extremely high restoration of all of your ninjutsu when you use a living weapon. And since the guardian spirits you do charge fast as hell, you essentially have infinite ninjutsu

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell that user the name of the hidden mission.

It's called Master of the Twin Blades.

>Joined in on co-op with a guy going through the catacombs of moonshiggy on NG+
>Both of us using dual swords
>We ran through the whole thing using nothing but Water Sword and Random Slice

Holy fuck my sides hurt, that was too funny. If by some miracle you read this, you made my day man.

mid stance is great for hitting multiple people at the same time

forgot the image

So I just pump dex to make it good or what? What's a good weapon that compliments it?

>Round 2 soon.

Kinda wonder how Hanzo nad Okatsu are gonna react to William coming back.

any really
yeah, chain gets the most boost from dex and the bonus of ninja point is nice too

kat. the low stance weak attack is my bread and butter for stun locking weak shit to death. It also murders any niggers on the floor.

ACTUAL TOP 3 OF EASIEST BOSSES
1) Joro-gumo
2) Gasha-dokuro
3) Great Centipede

Katana. Everyweapon besides spear needs a Katana side to compliment it

centipede
cat
ogress
spider

Serious question, is there any point to using anything except quick attack with 2kat? I never use any skills, I don't see the point. I just get damage in, dodge to the side or away, then repeat.

Whats the point of post-game?
Get better weapons gear...so you can grind faster?

>nue dojo magic training mission

it felt so good for a boss fight to last over 10 seconds

>Okatsu a boy

I'd milk their balls dry on demand.

Where's Ogress on that list son

Mid stance hits as fast and does more damage per strike than low stance. High stance does more ki damage and jump attack ruins guards.

And you should use the skill. That kick into double slash is the strongest fastest in the game. Able to be used on shit like bat bitch and tengu before they do their turn attack.

You got it champ. The same goal of pretty much every post game really. Excluding chrono trigger where the end goal was the end dings

No one forces you to use OP shit on actual bosses
Harder than those 3 shitters purely because of her claw frenzy bullshit

I'm on the third part of the continent, when the fuck do I get more than the starting two dual sword blueprints?

Should I keep using the memeon armor with Kusarigama, or is there a different set that's better?

that's every ARPG for you
what exactly did you expect?

Hug her and the claw frenzy slices past you. You don't even have to move.

like literally any other set

so you have a sword with A+ scaling in skill so you leveled skill to 99? is that what you done did?

Which blessing drops more rifle and bow ammo?
Swordsman or Hunter?

Yes, but if you're not hugging her exactly in the moment she roars and starts clawing or in the other end of the map there's no way out, just stunlock and go be ded

>use dex for kusarigama
>there's a set that massively increases power based on NINJUTSU (which is important as same stat increases don't stack that hard)
Hmm I wonder

ammo? Neither. That's item drop senpai

Yeah but, the combat in ARPGs is simplified, this is just exhausting, I think I've seen enough of the game to last me a lifetime

No ammo blessing anymore, shit is stupid, like why the fuck would i even want mats to drop if i get shitload of these from disassembling all the garbage i get

What's the best dojo quest for farming the iga set text?

What he said I have the set, and it does restore often but I don't have unlimited on each piece.
I've heard of people getting at least 50, which if you manage to get at least 4.5 on each piece of armor and accessories combined with Bat guardian, that makes around 50% unlimited.

What second weapon does spear need instead?

Trust me on this, hug her the WHOLE fight. Her wind ups make all her attacks whiff with circle strafe dodges to the left, and you're in position for frenzy as long as you don't panic. And the jump is free positioning to get behind her.

I killed her a little too much in the last chance trial.

I spent several hours farming Adept and an user told me to do vet, it dropped the second round.

then you're done, you've beaten it and have no reason to go on. You've reached the end for yourself, did you have fun?

Oh that's right I didn't account for the bat. One sec.
At 34.7 with the bat I'm at 53.7. Which is pretty silly

spear IS the weapon. It's like 1 kat. Can go with anything or by itself. All stances are literally good for all occasions and you can stance dance almost as hard as the axe.

>tfw no Yagyu smithing text after 60 attempts

JUST

bat is really good for chain/ninja builds

Sometimes shit just happens and it's still a threat. Meanwhile there are things like "why she's even a boss" Joro-gumo, "semi-infinite living weapon on a boss which attacks for piddly damage once in a lifetime" gasha-dokuro or "what was this even" centipede

Ah good. With spear I just used another spear as secondary.

>tfw Ogress is super easy
youtube.com/watch?v=hVV5xVM22fg
How'd I do

Worked exactly the other way for me

is this satire?

>this long for a boss

i don't use any op spells like sloth or carnage

do you just want me to downgrade my gear on purpose? sounds dumb

>fighting challenge Nue with downgraded gear was fun!
>but why would i downgrade my gear on purpose?

Is the Nue after Ice Queen level as strong as the original?
Also how to unlock that door underground before him.

Bosses that appear again are scaled up

the game is meant to be balanced and it's not

part of the enjoyable part of the game is finding better gear and upgrading it dumbo

it's like they didn't playtest endgame or ng+ the enemies are so weak

youtube.com/watch?v=gaaLPkKiBP0

The room underground can only be accessed by destroying the big yellow crystal in that area, and dropping in the hole

Ws the forging system already in the Beta? I can't remember it is literally the worst system ever. Why did they waste developer time on this shit?

Thanks!

Fight wasn't too bad desu

>Dark souls
>Items that can only be found in obscure and obfuscated areas are all valuable and useful for at least 1 build

>Nioh
>ENDLESS TRASH

>have to farm spider bitch for the Iga set
God damnit. Please tell me there's an easy/quick way to do so

>What are smithing texts