S-FR General

What's your thoughts on the F-SR?
>Is it coming to America?
>America MSRP?
>Aftermarket capability?
>Will it keep the 120hp engine if it comes oversees?
>Will it get an automatic option if it comes overseas? (Not that it matters)

Also judging by pic related, does anyone think there will be an aftermarket bodykit (at least for the front fender) in the pic you can see the grille is way bigger than it needs to be because there's just walls next to the radiator.

Personally I think Toyota underestimates how big this car could be. If it comes over at 15k MSRP it would fill a big niche. They don't realize how many people are cucks like me and have no friends/gf to haul around. The only 2 door vehicles in America start at like 21k and only go up from there. I think it's an untapped market.

Also any other discussion of S-FR is welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-to-show-supra-concept-in-october-plus-two-more-sports-concepts/\
youtu.be/MM2JpJGoiv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its probably gonna cost the same as a miata

Toyota SadFrogRee WHEN

I mean like I said, there really aren't a lot of 2 doors in America. Even shit that has 2 door variants in Europe like the Chevy Cruze, Ford Fiesta, and VW Golf don't have them in America. I think they could do quite well there.

I would suck a feminine dick for one of these things

It'll never come over to America, bit they'll sell you a Yaris with some sporty trim instead!

This is what I'm fucking afraid of. They'll sell some fwd 4 door trash all day but no cheap rwd coupe

There's no way it's coming to the US and thank god. We have too many ugly little fag cars as it is.

>Fog horn grille
BWAAAAAAAAGH

t. truck cuck

>User was banned for this post

Sorry for not being hip to the Toyota happenings.
Isn't this called the FR-S? I know Scion folded but I thought Toyota was just gonna put all the models as trims of existing mainline Toyotas.
Is calling it S-FR or F-SR just an Veeky Forums meme?

The FRS is a different car

No the FR-S was the Scion version of the Toyota 86 before Scion ate shit and got rammed off the road at 90mph. This is its own car called the S-FR (I know I misspelled it as F-SR in the OP) and is cheaper but less powerful. I imagine there would be a lot of Aftermarket support for this since it's so cheap and available.

I like it. It could be a modern Beat/Cappuccino. I think I'd buy one if I wanted a new car.
I'm more interested in the car directly to the left of it, though...

Yeah that fucking Ft1 has to start at like 80k MSRP or higher, I mean it looks like you can just put wings on it and make it fly. There's something to be said about the simplicity of the inline 4 they're planning on putting in the S-FR though.

Like others have said, there is no way it's coming here. The FRS sells like shit because it's too small and under powered, there is no way this will do better. Honda was right not to bother bringing the S660 here and this would fail for the same reason.

If they did bring it here and they wanted to sell ANY of them, it would have to be even cheaper than a base Corolla so no more than 18k. Unfortunately, it's not possible to sell a car like this that cheap so it would probably MSRP at around 22k.

The aftermarket will hop all over this things dick. Many people would choose this over the 86 and then modify it to be faster with the difference in cost.

Hard to say, it might actually come with a bigger engine because it's impossible to sell anything sporty over here with less than a certain power level.

Almost certainly would be available in auto, too many Americans can't drive stick.

I don't know man, like you said if they get it at 16k I think it would be pretty successful.

Yeah if they could sell it for 16k, it might have a place but I just don't see it happening. They might be able to sell it for 16k equivalent in Japan but the cost of licensing in america, shipping and taxes including Trumps new proposed taxes on anything not being made on American soil will make it impossible to get it that cheap over here.

I wouldn't be opposed to buying American if it wasn't all 4 door fwd trash. I just simply don't need a full size car.

Also thanks for killing my dreams.

vaporware don't get your hopes up nigga

Somehow it's even gayer than a Mini Cooper

NIGERIAAAAAAA

blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-to-show-supra-concept-in-october-plus-two-more-sports-concepts/\

The fact that it is going to be at the 2017 Tokyo motor show gets my hopes up of it being made.
I plan to buy one if it comes to America and they hit the target MSRP. That being said I highly doubt this thing will have a MSRP of less than $20K.

I really think this thing is going to replace the FR-S/GT86 and not slot under it. The partnership with Subaru turned out not to be that good for the revival of the AE86 as far as sales go. This new car would give them a fresh start and not have to use a chopped up Impreza body to start with and then receive a shitty boxer engine . Pic related shows a launch of 2021 and notice in the commercial below it opens with 20XX. We have still got a few years to wait for this car.
youtu.be/MM2JpJGoiv4

pls no

So they are going for the boomer crowd now?

Clever.

the affordability of the car was an integral part of the concept. if it's anything over $16k it's immediately going into the trash.

This so much.

Isn't it like $12.5k in Japan?

Yeah it's below 13k in Japan. I wouldn't think they would need it to be 21k in the U.S., they don't sell the gt86 for 19k in Japan do they?
Also fuck you, I'm 20 and think this is the shit.

you would suck a feminine dick for nothing more than "her" cum

>not sucking a real dick

Pretty sure the average American wouldn't even be able to fit in this thing

>Yfw you're not obese, only overweight
>Yfw this makes you "skinny" in Amuriga

sadly I don't speak Nippon very well, so I might be missing something, but all I could think of seeing this spot was:
>wtf, why is he white?
>so jelly! gramps is on that nippon time
>feels his waifu died
>so sad
>sad frog
>oh! he is french!
>well memed Toyota

I was talking about the ad dude.

I also fucking adore the SF-R and the Honda S660.

>youtu.be/MM2JpJGoiv4
/r/AsianMasculinity's worst nightmare in motion picture form

They talk about family and fun a lot, don't speak that much sorry.

America is so disgusting

I love it.
>Is it coming to America?
Probably not
>America MSRP?
See above
>Aftermarket capability?
Sick
>Will it keep the 120hp engine if it comes oversees?
Yes
>Will it get an automatic option if it comes overseas? (Not that it matters)
I hope not

I really hope it's below the 86, I would buy one. Considering the 86 is 35/40k here, this I imagine would be 30k which is ridiculously cheap. Other hopes are they focus on the fun rather than bench racing faggots. Manual only, super ight etc

15k MSRP isn't happening for a niche car. Only new cars you can get for 15k are total shitboxes like the Versa. It would be fine slotting under the FRS between 18-22k. Would instabuy as a former AE86 owner.

AAAAAAAAAHHHH

>I really think this thing is going to replace the FR-S/GT86 and not slot under it
I really think so also, its the only thing that makes sense.
It's a cheap na 4cyl rwd 2+2 coupe. If it wasn't a fucking 2+2 i'd see it working out, but it ticks literally every single box the gt86 does. And 130hp in a 2160lb car? Jumping the gun a bit here but it SHOULD be outputting pretty close numbers to the 86.
It just doesn't make sense having both of them at the same time.

Well the gt86 is no doubt a better racing platform professionally, but most people don't professionally race their cars.

Dont know what though
We dont even know if this is going to have the same i4 the new base model supra might also use