Lad's,I think i might've found the nicest S2000 for sale on craigslist at the moment

Lad's,I think i might've found the nicest S2000 for sale on craigslist at the moment

>2001 Honda S2000
>40k miles
>bone stock

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6016002245.html

youtu.be/roJ-5wW92NI

hnnnnnnnnnnnnng, should I cop?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/2008-honda-s2000-cr-short-take-road-test
youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtjKT_1cA&t=7m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you've got the cash...sure...

I remember when you could get a clean NSX for that kind of money

>20 thousand dollars
>For a glorified Miata
Sorry, I don't suck cocks.

>Aftermarket air intake and audio system
>Bone stock
Nigga I don't think you know how to read

sounds like you suffer from the typical fragile masculine ego

It's still bone stock.........

>16 year old car
>$20k

>- Comptech Air Intake

Why do people do this? Who convinces them that an aftermarket intake is in any way a good idea? I honestly can't think of a more retarded modification. Absolutely zero mention of a re-tune. Absolutely zero mention of an aftermarket exhaust. This dip shit just randomly threw in a new intake, fucked the air:fuel ratio, and lowered his performance. I just don't understand how these retards make it this far in life

>2008
>10,000 miles
>enjoyed it

Cuck.

this.

I don't understand people who do this.

Especially if its not an exotic italian, cause shitty italian cars can barely handle being driven every now and then but this is a fucking Honda breh

sounds like you do suck cocks

$20k for a 16 year old Civic without a roof.. FUCKING LOL

dat fragile masculinity

i got ten on it that you've never driven anything other than your mothers minivan and your econobox

lol nocar

are you projecting or something? I have 2 cars mate. my second car which is a sports car gets driven as much as possible.

>uses the same insult/argument twice in a row, to two different posters
Me and that other guy sure are the ones who are fragile

dat fragile masculinity

lol bet your gay bitch

>2 rust buckets

TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS

these things go for like 8k-10k with adjustable coilovers, better wheels, intake, exhaust

which is what you are going to do to it once you buy it anyways

its not even low miles, like i could totally understand if it had like 5000 origional miles on it or somthing

>Dat projection

#letsgochamp CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP

>20k

OP you might suck dick for that cat but even i know that's not a good deal. I think thats a little below the MSRP tag for the factory new S2k when it came out.

Besides, this is the first version of the car, the second version is better in literally every way

Ooh, look at you relying on baseless projections on an anonymous board. Fucknut.

S2K MSRPed for $35K and everyone knows that CR>AP1>AP2>AP2 refresh

>CR
Never heard of it

And there is literally no reason the AP1 is better than the AP2. They are slightly heavier, but with better gearing, better suspension, better materials, and overall more reliability.

honda s2000's stock audio are complete aids, if the replacement was done right OP lucked out, but odds are his dash controls will not work because the previous owner didn't know how.

>20k for a 16 year old car
Honda needs to make a new roadster type r already or something. Or some other manufacturer needs to step up and create a mid priced roadster.
The new miata while nice, it's not exactly a real sportscar like the s2000 was.

>doesnt know what the S2k CR

CR stands for Club Racer

caranddriver.com/reviews/2008-honda-s2000-cr-short-take-road-test

AP2 is superior to AP1.
>Faster around a track
>Better midrange torque
>redesigned suspension (hence better on track)

CR is also entirely based off of AP2 with very small differences, aero parts for reduced drag different lower ratio steering rack, revised exhaust system, and suspension adjustments

There's an entire Best Motoring episode about stock AP1 vs stock AP2 vs J's Racing

The only thing the AP1 really has going for it is that it's cheaper than the AP2, and revs to 9k RPM which is neat. Some individuals may claim that the AP1 is a more 'raw car' but I'd argue against that since you can purchase an AP2 with no electronic nannies, and no electronic DBW in the US (04-05)

yes and it seems the Type S is better than the CR. But they are both just limited editions.

AP2 is still better than AP1.

Yes. slightly more weight, but better suspension, better wheels, and better built.

actually, some AP2 models still had the FC20 and revved up to 9k.

The Type S which was only available in Japan was actually considered 'a softer car' than the CR because it wasn't really designed to go on a track. The Type S was specifically designed for mountain roads and to enhance that driving experience which you find there

Not in the US. Various places did outside of it though and it was considered just a facelift AP1. Japan for example has a tax on cars which are over 2.0 liters which is probably why they held on to the old F20C and did not update to the 2.2 lower revving F22C.

You kidding me?

>"Although it shares the wheels with the CR edition, the Type S retains the rear tire size of 245/40R-17 for better handling. A specific Type S suspension setup with improved geometry was designed to enhance the handling, the setup is stiffer but more compromising than the CR setup to suit it better to everyday spirited driving and the Japanese touge experience.[16] The Type S retains its soft top folding mechanism."

Type S is actually harder and has bigger wheels.

Now THAT explains a lot about why so many burgers want the AP1. Now i would understand it. I thought that you could get the 2.0 AP2 even in the US.

Still, wouldn't it be just easier to simulate the 2.0 AP2 by getting an AP2 with a 2.0 engine swap/conversion? ( mean, after all, the 2.2 is just the same internals and parts with a different crank and rods that give it a bigger stroke)

Honda didn't intend for the Type S to be a track vehicle. It was intended to be suited for mountain road driving, the Wikipedia page you took that off of even says the car was included with amenities to suit the comfort of everyday driving. I'm not claiming one is better than the other, I personally think the Type S is better; however the CR and the Type S are two relatively different set ups for the S2000. One was designed for the track, the other wasn't.

And yes you could always swap the 2.2 liter out for the 2.0 liter. I'm not really sure if that's a thing. I definitely prefer the midrange torque to a higher redline which the F22C provides.

It is nice but I'd say $10-12K tops since you could get a better one from a dealership for that kind of money

Literally stiffer suspension and bigger tires. That's all the difference and stiffer suspension is better overall for anything. Same with the wheels.

Considering the only difference between the F20C and the F22C is JUST the stroke, i assume that if you already have the rods and the crank, and there's no extra parts that i am unaware of that were changed other than the ECU tune, a small change to get 9k RPM should be a piece of cake.

The CR's lower-ratio steering rack was simply the return of the AP1 rack, which is one of the things that makes the AP1 better. Stock, the AP1 and 2 can get similar times around the track, and the extra torque of the F22C is barely noticeable. And yeah, revving to 9K is bloody awesome. So with the AP1, you get a better starting point for modifications, and the chassis adjustments necessary to make it better behaved on the track are well-known. They're both great (and honestly for DDing, a 2006+ AP2 with nannies is nice because it'll lower the chances of you getting fucked in bad weather), but if I ever get a S2000 again, I'll pick the AP1 every time.

If you have the money sure, but if you think you could get a better deal you should wait a bit

I got my 2002 AP1 with 43k miles for $16k about a year ago in washington

shoulda saved that money and moved out of tacoma

i drove 2 hours

that place fucking smells terrible

tacoma is a full ass assault on your sense of smell

LOL yep, tacoma is the fucking worst. what a shit hole. relieved to learn you only bought it there.

S2000 prices are going up, because like the original NSX they're meme cars. 10-12 will get you one in rough shape, maybe even salvage title.

LOOK AT ALL THE BUMS IN HERE. PLAYING 20K FOR AN OLD ASS HONDA...BUNCH OF PIES!

You should move fast.
>guy posted an ap1 for 9500 on monday
>stock
>80k miles
>was going to got and look at it
>sold and post was deleted thursday
You get about 5hp at the top on the s2000. It's not a dumb or car ruining mod.

>NSX $60k
>RX7 $40k
>Supra $30k
>Skyline $30k
jesus CHRIST

Skyline $30k

what? Skyline what? non-GTR Skyline R32 can be had for $5k. R32 GT-R can be had for $18k-$25k. R34 GT-R goes for $40k+

Depends entirely on the car.
youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtjKT_1cA&t=7m

not the person you replied to or that i disagree with you but

>the fact that THIS NIGGA used MIOGHTY CAR MAWDS as a legitimate SOURCE

wew lad we off that shit nigga

I love my S2000 but youd be better off with the 2003. Glass window and I think some better driveline bits.

rns