newyork.craigslist.org/brk/mcy/6036172076.html
cafe.webike.net/2013/07/サーキット走行会とk-16-後編【汐留 bar-olivieloオーナー便/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CUTE

they call that one the Hobbit I had a friend with 3

Here is my bike but not muh pic

My first Suzuki, that I got at 13

Never drove it legally on the road, sadly. Sold before I could take my license

That's not a hobbit that's a honda express, I used to have one.
they suck because you can't change the gearing and the clutches are trash.
Here's my water cooled hobbit tho

I keep thinking about getting one of these or a qt50 for fucking around on or as a pit bike.

That's a motorcycle not a moped, no pedals and it has a typical motorcycle gearbox

If you don't care about upgrades they would be a good fuck around bike but if you ever wanna go fast don't bother with them, qt50 and express have no potential beyond a big bore kit for better acceleration.

Thats the definition of moped where you guys are? Heh, cool

Here its anything 49cc

>Here its anything 49cc
Moped = MOTOR + PEDAL
mo - ped
It's literally two words smashed together.

my boner is as wierd as it is hard

How fast do they go? I just need something that at a minimum, I can toss in the back of my truck and it has the ability to make it up a hill

I have an S51N like this, but can only use it as a weekend driver. I live in a flat, so i would have to keep it outside constantly, and it's middle yurop here, no thanks.

By the way, any tips for keeping moped at a flat?
-can't take it inside, illegal
-we have a cellar here in the flat, but i don't think that's legal either, and would be really hard to get around the ight corners. (but might consider pulling it off, anyway)
-if i leave it outside, it will get stolen basically instantly.

What do you think, should i pull off the cellar store thing?

you can do about 30mph, big bore kit will take that to like 40, RPMs get insane above that though since you can't change the gearing.
They kinda suck on hills since they are single speed and you can't get aftermarket clutches for them, idk they are alright mopeds but you can't really do anything with them other than casually put around.
Don't pay too much for one either they are basically worthless free mopeds in the moped community since everybody knows they are completely worthless when it comes to upgrading.

was for >illegal to bring inside
Who the fuck is going to enforce that?

What you need is a serious bigass chain and theft insurance

>Who the fuck is going to enforce that?
you're probably right, but don't want to risk it. The cellar would be a much better option, but the oldies living in the ground floor would report me right away.

>What you need is a serious bigass chain and theft insurance

Yup, would definiately buy some big chain, my other concern is environment (i don't know how effective those canvas-like covers are)

If it's started with a pedal and it's sub 50cc it's a moped. if it's just a motorised bicycle it's called a mofa.

>Who the fuck is going to enforce that?
Remember he lives in
>Yurop

Thanks man. Is there any small, light Scoot I could use as a pit bike that would get me up the staging hill (its mildly steep).

Or should I just get a mini dirt bike

i dont know jack shit about mopeds but I like the one in that pic so I searched puch on my local craigslist and found this.

newyork.craigslist.org/brk/mcy/6036172076.html

While it's cool, you could get a mildly decent motorcycle for that price

Those are good mopeds but not for that price, I usually wont pay over 300 for any moped lol.
Although that's pretty clean, he probably has like 500 in parts into it.

Just a thought, have you considered asking that old couple if they're cool with it?

Finnaly i can compete with something here

I haven't finished yet, but I'm gathering parts to build an AWD electric system, and a ktm50 hybrid on my bike.

>stock chinese scooter

>here

We started out with the same definition, but as time progressed and the pedals went away we stuck with the moped name for anything 49cc

Motor + pedals, motor + gearbox, motor + CVT... anything is classified as a moped, while motor + CVT is (correctly) called a scooter by the general public

>Furposting

>motor + cvt is correctly called a scooter
...what
That makes no sense, a honda hobbit is CVT and has pedals, it's a moped
A yamaha zuma is CVT, it has no pedals, it's a scooter

I don't now why you're trying to argue this, but you're doing a bad job at it.

My little problem
1970 motobecane 50v

My '78 Garelli.

Who /race/ mopeds here tho?

looks like a sweet lil ting

Also that track looks like Ebisu Cirucit

well looks like it actually is ebisu after a quick search

cafe.webike.net/2013/07/サーキット走行会とk-16-後編【汐留 bar-olivieloオーナー便/

What's the consensus on these Cummy? I bought it like 6 years ago and it sits at my parents house and I'll put around the yard on it once in a while. Is it mod-able? My original plan was to spruce it up and make it faster and a city ripper.

The only garelli I've ever fucked with had a rubber clutch, which is pretty fucking weird imo, and it broke two clutch bells which appears to be a common weakness on them, basically the clutches are pretty gay.
That's all I know from personal experience.

WANT

I'm not arguing anything, I'm just explaining how the "system" in my place works

Jesus christ, do you go around trying to pick fights with people on the internet for no apparent reason?

Calm down a little bit, stop assuming that everyone else is an idiot and must be re-educated as soon as possible

that thing actually needs a cooler? must go slower than a fat man on a bike

Bro, the definition of moped is motor + pedal, which I explained, then you tried to tell me anything with CVT is "correctly" a scooter, which is absurd, motorbecanes have CVT and are mopeds, Derbi have CVT and are mopeds, hobbits have CVT and are mopeds, peugeots have CVT and are mopeds, it has nothing to do with CVT or no CVT.
having a CVT doesn't "correctly" classify something as a scooter, it's time to stop.
>i've been proven wrong so the other person is an asshole autist trying to pick fights on the internet

>Strictly speaking, mopeds are driven by both an engine and by bicycle pedals, but in common usage and in many jurisdictions the term moped is used for similar vehicles including a scooter, though this is quite erroneous.
This isn't even up for debate dude, just stop, it's time to stop.

It does 65mph, makes 13hp now, stock it was 1.

>not knowing who Mrcummy is
Fucking newfag

I'll admit that my use of the word "correctly" should've been better explained. We use the word "scooter" here for three things; mopeds with CVT/similar scooters but with bigger engines, snowmobiles (snow scooter, or just "scooter" in areas where they are popular), and jetskis (water scooter). The last one I honestly have no clue as to why its called that now

holy shit i used to have that EXACT same bike when i lived up in boston. i miss whippin that thing. pic related

i bet my scooter can beat your bike on the quarter mile. because that how i live. if we ever meet up at a red light i will easily buzz away from you at when the blue light strikes up. you wearing your massive fur suit will give me the upper edge since im not a overweight faggot on a Japanese anime board with a car section.

nigga I would roast you lol, even in a fursuit
130lbs btw

>retarded overgrown kids "racing" mopeds at 30km/h

>he doesn't enjoy racing mopeds
get a load of this faggot

yiff in hell furfaggot

4x4 master race chiawanese street legal dual briggs power in training Czeching in.

does it count?

I often use it as replacement for the car if weather is good. Uses almost no petrol at all, hits ~50kmph, can drive on bike lanes, also maintaining/fixing/improving it is loads of fun since engine is really simple. And when i forget about things and run out of fuel, i can just use pedals. Easily best ~100 dollars i've ever spent.

What motor did u get? I built an ebike but it was too heavy and not at all cost effective. 100 bucks sounds like a steal

cheapest chinese 50cc. 80cc wasn't even significantly more expensive, but in my country 50cc bike engine is kinda-legal, even on bike lanes - so i picked this one. 50cc is enough to move around though, even in traffic.

I also thought about building e-bike at first, but i dropped this idea when i saw prices of proper batteries. I could have two of those little engines in price of just one battery, plus it's faster and has better range.

And of course, it's ~100 just for the engine kit. Also, since it's chinese piece of shit, many parts are worthless from the start. I removed chain tensioner after some time because it was loosening itself constantly, carb things unscrewed itself inside after a while and required some work, ignition thingie just broke and required replacement, at some point crappy cheap clutch lining broke. Those things weren't expensive to fix, but still, expect problems from it.

Fucking shitty newtrip

>calling others new

i weigh 130 as well. hmm lets see if you can beat me with one simple trick
Race me at the tow-gay

mrcummy is a newfag

>newtrip
>6k posts on this one trip
>not counting my other trip with a fuckload of posts
>not counting my posts before I even started tripping
stay mad tho idgaf

I got a 70cc kit dynod at 13hp, what's urs at?

I wana know where you can get these solid rim wheels. i want a set for my cb 100