370Z

I will buy this car soon, tell me why I should not.

I chose it over
a BRZ - not enough power
an Elise - not daily driver friendly

Great car, I think you did well

I prefer these over mustangs and camaros because they are smaller and handle way better. a BRZ would have been more comfortable because it is not a sports car, just a sporty car.

Have you made sure its not a salvage?

An abnormal number of those cars are titled as salvages

You should not buy it because the 350z is a far better value.

Enjoy burning oil and replacing all the electronics.
Nissan a shit.

>coulda had a v8

Nigga them is different rims.

I think the BRZ would handle great, but some straight power is necassary. :S

Buying new one for 29k

Want the new one because RevSync

Heard it only happens if you use low quality fuel.

Not in good ol Germany

I'll take the small rims for faster acc.

Where in Germany are you? Wouldn't a German car be more affordable there?

all cars are equally overpriced in germany

These are cool. Just dont ruin it like my brother.
>lowered, rolled fenders, 18" rims, rock hard suspension, obnoxious exhaust

After all that he drives our family SUV more because its actually comfortable

Buy a clean 2007+ 350z for far less

Name a German sport car whis isn't down sized to a 2l engine :S

No mods in the first 5 years.

>no idea what revsync is
>sounds like a meme
>go to google it
>Synchronized down shift rev-matching system (SynchroRev Match) is a technology invented by Nissan for use on manual transmissions. The technology was first used on the Nissan 370Z. In combination with the Engine Control Unit (ECU) and various sensors, the engine blips the throttle for the driver during both downshifts and upshifts to allow for better and smoother shifting, and improved handling

So this is basically a shift-assist for a manual transmission? That is the whole reason you're paying 29k instead of 9k? Because you don't know how to drive stick?

>Where in Germany are you?

No, but I won't rev for every downshift while cruising and the electronics will. would turn it off during speeding.

south

also I want a new car and not some rocked down shit

Bullshit, you're just a literal poorfag.

t. underpaid apprentice comfortably affording a Lexus

v8 costs 45k+ and in america 30k something

make sure the 29k 370z is not the base model.
Sport model gets LSD and rev match feature.
Which means your getting mid 30k car for 29k.
atleast in states, i have never seen 370z with 5k discount.

how

I would buy the base model due to smaller rims.
The base model has RevSync (checked it) and the LSD (think so, will check again)
Base is 34k, i get it below 30k new
check meinauto(dot)de

What exactly is LSD and why do you WANT it?

um....dont tell me you never owned cars with LSD.

the 370z is a nice car

be warned that the visibility is terrible

when backing out of parking spaces you will pretty much just have to hope nobody hits you

Older ones cost like five fucking grand nowadays and I had some money saved up. Also I'm not 18 anymore so insurance isn't a big deal, and I can stomach the slightly outdated fuel economy because I have a short commute.

well, you must live in outside of usa. Base model here does not get revmatch and LSD.
if you want smaller rim for performance, just get sport for both features

Never, so I don't know what I'm missing out on

This. The blindspots in this car are fucking unbelievable

in Germany RevSync is in base (checked it) and LSD most likely (will check and make sure)

>burns oil
>eats gas
>daily friendly

>Not buying an old 560sec or affordable amg
Kill yourself. The z is complete shit. Get a g37 with a manual if they're available.

>affordable amg
Huh?

Yeah sounds like bullshit. Its a nice system but at this age a DCT is a better choice if you want to get computers to help you shift smoother.

not available

I can shift smooth, I would leave the RevSync on for cruising and turn it off for having fun. But srsly, who revs up EVERY downshift ever? I won't.

Basically, a traditional drivetrain (long ass pole under your car going from the engine to the axle) connects straight into this block of metal at the back of your car (for rwd) called a differential which takes this rotating driveshaft and mechanically splits this energy to your axles (it's technically called 1 axle but the axle shafts themselves are independent)

But some clever people found out that allowing one axle to spin faster than the other in certain cases can be beneficial for handling and other situations. You can't do this with a regular differential because the resistance of the other axle and the differential keeps everything split 50/50 all the time. the amount of torque being delivered to the wheels is always the same.

so a LSD basically allows you to send additional torque to whichever axle has more traction in the event the other one starts to slip/lose traction. it's good for cornering, off-roading, and other meme shit

So this new limited slip differential allows one of the axles to rotate at a different speed BUT the 'limited slip' part also ensures that the difference in axle speeds don't deviate too far from each other.

basically, LSD is one big overhyped meme. It literally has no use in a sports car with proper suspension and tires as they wouldn't slip anyways. it can be useful in snow/ice but you shouldn't be driving your sports car in ice.

Heel-toe-shifting.

That being said, if RS is more expensive than actual manual, just turn it off. Still seems like a waste of time.

>But srsly, who revs up EVERY downshift ever? I won't.

get the fuck out of here

Like a w210 e55

the base model has a lsd just checked it

would be a little bit try hard

I'll be driving to the pub at this rate, fuckin hell

OP, make sure you're not buying the base model because the base model doesn't have the LSD, you need the one above the base to have LSD.

It's literally an electric kicker

What are you wanting it for

>would be a little bit try hard
Welcome to the land of poorfags insistent on the purity of their 90s Civic RASEKAR manuals.

Owned one, it's a fun car but an unreasonably harsh DD. Would recommend looking into an E92 335i (N55 engine) if you have the money.

>not reverse parking

too lazy