Foreign project car

Been tossing the idea of building a hotrod for a bit. Collected a big block, turbo 400, and 1/2 chevy frame.

Figured since i was going to be thrashing around in a gutted car maybe i could find some kind of cool car fro. Accross the pond. In us and i know i can find cars here. Just considering something different. The problem is most all of them that i could afford to bring over here look shitty.

Any cool muscle car or truck types?

Almost would consider a ute if it looked like this.

aussie here my knowledge is based around 90's holdens but i can try and answer anything mate.

What about a VU-VZ ute?

best be getting based VL commodore

Mini-Camaro, coming through
Don't ruin a perfectly fine one though, get a shell that'd be fucked otherwise

>wants a hotrod
>doesnt know what kind
>hasnt mentioned a budget
>or if he has a garage
>or tools
>wants to import a car

im not trying to be mean but lets be real, how much money are you able to throw at this idea??

yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah yeah nah

Get yourself an XA, XB or XC coupe or sedan.
Or as said a VZ ute especially if you can find (or make for yourself) an R8 or Maloo.

I personally did up a 1977 ZH Fairlane but I don't want you stealing any of those from Australia.

ill fuk u up m8

VL IS LIFE

VZ and newer utes mate great track cars as well

Thanks. Still kinda think they are ass ugly but i think i'm warming uo to certain ones. Cutting the bed for some fatass tires and a blower or big cowl hod scooo welded on would be cool.

And im a redkneck so the el-comino type style is cool. May make ot 4x4. Pretty sure my buddy would trade frames and sell me his transfer case.

M8

yeah that was my problem with them i can only fit 245's up front without going coilovers and crazy offset w/ flares

Heh. Thats pretty cool. I may not ecen ship the frame if i can buy just a body and build a pipe frame here. Probably save a dickton. Shipping will be high anyway i imagine.

Well, my wife and i make about 70-80k and have recently paid off bills and allowed ourselves some funds. Realistically $1,000 a month on the bottom end should keep the peace.

Dad has a shop and lift and tools god bless the man. Used to be a mechanic so i have no problems. Partially why i typically run chevy bigblocks and shit.

Bro has a feild of 80s chevys. They used to be for mud buggy parts and they have stepped up to the blower biggy class. Parts are pretty easy to come by.

Probably eaither picking out a really badass foreign car or truck or hunting down another amc javelin to tub.

Autistic af i know. Essentially only worried about a good body and title.

Everything else i can build.

Brb calling bros on sydney.

Cool. You know wtf motors they have? I could sell my big block and put a 3.2l jdm and a little turbo on it and buzz around. Less work im sure.

Muh 1985 12" suspension lift. Its all good.

LS CUNT

noice

Here's another Euro mini-muscle option.

>too stupid for ls probably.

Can only carburetor.

Or i guess it's 3 decases passed time ro learn wiring and fuel injection. ;(

That is a ford. U recon any of them made it here?

As a matter of fact, the Mk1 Ford Capri was also sold in the US as the Mercury Capri.
Later gens didn't make it to the US iirc.

Also Aussies, bow down to the original Commodore.

aussie here carbie swap them all the time muh dood.

i kept my efi and im making 240rwkw with a t56 and mafless OTR tune with Dual 2.5"

Interesting.

Shit. Nice work. How hard is throwing fuel injection on something? The efi kits ar 1500 bucks. I can get a whole ls and trannu for that

dunno some people retrofit intakes but its up to you.

Im really not a carbie guy i just take it to the dyno to get efi tune

Cool. Well, jist having something that will fucking start would be nice. Carbs give me hell

really and truely your best bet here would be to buy a "done" car somthing that has been tinkered with and is fully road ready and just enjoy that. this is the sort of thing that could eat up tens of thousands of dollars and months to years of your valuable time and could either never be finished or finished then wreaked in an instant.

also importing alone before you even look at the cost of the vehicle will be at least 12,000$ and it MUST be at least 25 years old, and in that instance you are buying a car sight unseen so it will be rough if it ever shows up at all

this is somthing you should contact a shop about, i dont doubt that you are good at working on cars but this is a poject that would require a whole team of people building buying sourcing and working all day every day for weeks

imagine how long it would take a single person who already has a full time job

Yeah ask your local bloke about MAFless (Or Mass Airflow Sensor) delete in yank tounge tuning, the shop i went to specialized in it.

$12k? What the holy fuck.

I was thinking more like using my shit and like 10k.

Fuckit. I will find one of those little ford cars or something at that rate.