You just can't fucking win.

Other urls found in this thread:

dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr9a
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Europe
>>Good import laws
>>Modifications laws are better than Aus
>>Less rust
All of this varies from country to country.

England
>best import laws
>best used market
>best mods (no smog pre-93)
Cons
>rust
>rust
>speed bumps

What bout japan?

Also insurance if you're under 25 and live in a city.

England

>9th highest gas prices in the world

check your priviledge

But then you have to live with the nips.

yeah but petrols pretty cheap still

Canada
>the provinces that matter have lots of money
>no emissions inspections in the good provinces
>15 year import laws
>cheap gas
>any type of road you want
>RUST

the thing with America is all of that shit varies depending on what state you live in

>Cheap gas

Not in the GTA.

considering what it takes to get petrol into my car from the middle east i don't think it's expensive at all.

Not the import laws, 25 years everywhere.

yeah that's true

only the bad shit stays constant

What about Japan?

>Norway
>fuck your dreams of modifying your car
>worlds most expensive fuel (not 100% sure if someone is above us right now, and its not the most expensive you when you calculate by income)
>SALT FUCKING EVERYWHERE

You can import pretty much anything that is street legal. Modifying something or importing something that is modified requires either insane amounts of time and documentation, signed papers with info from vehicle manufacturer that modifications made are safe (no manufacturer is still giving out these I believe), or you have to use loopholes like exporting the car to Sweden, getting yourself a swedish social number, registering the car to your name, new social number and swedish adress, have it approved by the swedes (much, much more lenient), re-import it to Norway with papers that say something like "This vehicle has been approved modified by the swedish DMV", meaning that they are obligated to let the vehicle be registered as its approved in a EU-country

LOL why would I want to import anything?

That's why I said the provinces that matter. I don't even consider Ontario to be part of Canada or anything east of Alberta really.

>south america
>no laws
>bring american money and live like a king
Winning

>be near south americans

Check again.

T H I S
H
I
S

this

only weebs care about weebshit

Who said anything about weebshit?

Our manufactures could easily make those.

why would I want that abomination when I can buy a truck?

lol no one likes those

Better than americucks, yuropoors, or criminals desu.

But they dont

the fuck out of here with that bogan trashmobile

t. sultan muhammad al-faisal ibn ali

Good. They're technically retarded. It's combining the worst aspects of a car and a truck. Plus even with winter tires they're going to suck dick in winter because dat torque and 80:20 weight balance.

If you want a Ute do it right.

no immigrants. you gotta get a job there or marry a chink. neither of which are appealing.

Pros
>can import anything
>good driving roads (outside of cities)
>cheapest place to buy your favorite Jap cars
>some of the best tracks in the world all within reasonable driving distance

Cons
>semi expensive fuel
>can't have/register diesels in and around Tokyo
>finding parking is a cunt
>spot inspections are a thing, but they give you a fix it ticket and a big "illegal modifications" sticker to be removed by your local land transportation office
>inspection/registration/road tax adds up to be fucking expensive on anything but KEI cars
>low speed limits
>expensive tolls

>do it right
>1970s technology
>1970s power
>1970s fuel efficiency
>GM driver
>intelligence

>if you want a ute, butcher it and claim it's better despite being worse in literally every single way
ah yes, the american tradition.

You could probably fix America with some lobbying. There's a very strong argument for banning road salt from an environmental standpoint so that's pretty easy. Import laws would be harder since no one really gives a shit but the notion that you could get the age of the vehicle reduced to something like 15 years before it can be imported isn't entirely implausible.

you forgot
>tax/registration tied to displacement

Arablands
>cheap gas
>good import laws
>no rust
>friendly modification laws
>cheap taxes
>less traffic

5th line in cons.

>There's a very strong argument for banning road salt from an environmental standpoint so that's pretty easy.

Too much of our environment requires it, even in areas where salt isn't used it's typically because the environment is too cold instead and they're using some other salt (e.g. Calcium Chloride) instead.

>arab
:(

>Muslims

>>Nanny state for modifications
nsw here all other state a shit we're fine if your not a carby through the bonnet sorta fagg

>get stoned if you look at the quran wrong
>prince drifts his McLaren into the crowd and kills 12 people
>he survives and his dad gets another one

please go

There are more environmentally friendly non-corrosive alternatives to road salt like calcium magnesium acetate. The problem is that they're comparatively very expensive in up front cost although depending on who you ask you save the money in infrastructure not being corroded as quickly. There's also the possibility that icephobic coatings for roadways would be developed much more quickly if there was greater demand but I'll admit that's speculative.

gas is expensive except in venezuela
depending the zone, crime is rampant, also high insurance prices

>drive on the wrong side
piss off

>not steering with your fap hand

>2011+6
>masturbating with your right hand

>modification laws better than aus
Lmao stop posting any time dude
You can't modify cars in Germany without approval from the manufacturer

So get a job? Would you really move to another country to be unemployed?

Somebody should post that thread where the guy got his car impounded for a horn button.

>not being able to fap with both hands

top pleb

Most gas in the US comes from Texas and Alaska, in the UK from the Northern Sea (Scotland and Norway)

Don't forget sweet underage pucci

The 25 year import law does not apply to California.

Arablands
>bad drivers
>hit and run every 4 seconds

New Zealand
> Can import anything roadworthy
> Modification regulations written by car clubs
> Fantastic driving roads
> No rust

> 100km/h speed limits
> Moderately expensive petrol

>Shitty import laws.
Because I really want a RHD Japanese shitbox that was exclusively made for poorfags in tiny cities
>Rust in northern states
Fair point but I'm moving to CO anyway

They are starting to add beet juice in the salt.

But look at that scenario and weigh the one pro to all the cons

i always wanted to know, what is the purpose of this bar above the engine?

you forgot
>have to take out a bank loan to pay insurance even for one month for anything that is not a wheelchair

Estonia
>gas is cheap with loyality card (around 1eur litre)
>germany, finland, local market filled with cheap jdm goodies most of them stock
>lots of local races for street cars
>can have a AWD/RWD manual car for sub 500

cons
>modification requires some legal paperwork but they usually allow you to mod cars
>everyone(but ironically the people who give out permits to do mods at MOT) thinks cars are ONLY for commuting
>entire car culture owned by chavs driving bmw's
>haven't found a single tougay longer than 1.8km
>estonian Veeky Forums people don't want to do meets

Arent modifications in Aus only nanny tier for 18-21 year olds?

literally no.
i have a jdm spec land rover and the damn thing is limited to 120kph (about 75 mph) and has the dinger (like the 86!), but damn that thing is annoying when your on a road with a speed limit of 80 and you can only go 75. I normally take the freelander for longer journeys anyway

Can someone adjust the gas prices with how much the country earns on average? higher prices would make sense if everyone also earns more

adds strength and rigidity

You don't get to drive a car with a mod plate on your first few years of having a license. The process for legally getting mods is sort of reasonable; you just have to get shit checked by a mechanic and do a little paperwork. It makes sense if you're chucking a turbo or something similarly major on, but I'm pretty sure the same process applies for anything non-OEM. I was considering using cheap chink LED bulbs for my headlights, but replacing your bulbs with better ones is illegal and I'm pretty sure I'd have to go through the whole process of registering my car as modified for it.

>thinking gasoline costs more or less in different places
>how quaint

Gasoline is a global commodity. As a commodity, the price is fairly stable at virtually every single locale across the world. The only difference you see in the price at the pump is due almost entirely to local taxes imposed by your government.

If you want cheaper gas, that's easy. Just elect officials that will lower your tax burden. It really truly is just that simple. If you're not willing to do that, don't bitch.

Serbia
>REALLY Expensive gas (double tax on each l of gas)
>REALLY Shitty laws regarding import (only euro 3 allowed and everything outside of the EU requires it to be EU homologated before beeing imported to Serbia)
>REALLY shitty laws regarding registration - everything over 2000ccm gets insanely taxed ANNUALLY (under 2000ccm is 90 euros and 3001ccm is 2000 euros)
>As far as mods go - anything goes as long as the numbers match which makes swaps impossible

but you have to modify it to pass california emissions

WRONG

dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr9a

>You always need: Evidence that the vehicle has cleared customs.

Can't clear customs with a car newer than 25 yrs old

>You may also need: Evidence of compliance with United States (U.S.) safety standards (vehicles 24 years old and newer)

Can't pass safety standards if the car was never sold in the US

> Living in a city
> Owning a car
Pick one. Suburbs are why cars exist.

Efficient cars, though. And short distances mean you can literally go the entire length of the UK on about three tanks of fuel.

>you just can't fucking win.

Grab life by the balls user...

south east asia (flipland in particular)
>pretty much andything can be imported
>gas price is ok? if about dollar a liter is good then yeah i wouldnt know how to base it
>mods are easy and legal for the most part
>decent car community with mod support
>good twisties in the provinces
>ez downpayment for cars
>imsurance is optional

>everything is fucking expensive
>importing anything is fucking expensive
>its always traffic
>traffic enforcers are corrupt (kinda good if you know how to deal with em)
>potholes
>flooding
>since we spend so much time moving 4kph odometers arent reliable
>secondhand market is trash
>public transport literally dont know how to drive

Taxes are only part of it. Gasoline is a global clmmodity, but delivery is not. Labor and land costs can vary drastically between rural and urban locations and are added into the price you pay.

>Australia
>No rust

Is this a meme or something. Can someone fill me in on how to not get any fucking rust in Melbourne.

FALSE
You may also need:

Evidence of compliance with California emission standards (1966 year-model and newer gasoline-powered vehicles and 1980 year-model and newer diesel-powered vehicles).