/mmog/ - MMO General

We Mabi.Pro Edition

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Brown girls a shit

shill thred

Someone teach me the ways of getting paid to shitpost on Veeky Forums

Gas all Mabishitters. You guys are insufferable

Are there any MMOs where you can steal from other players? Whether they are online or off doesn't matter. I find the thief role intriguing. So if anyone can recommend some good thieving MMOs please do.

Gass them all!

since mabimods doesn't have a good format for keeping older mod versions around, how am i gonna do shit like unlocking zoom in mabipro?

I plan on playing NovaRO to scratch that nostalgia itch but it's been a very long while since I played a private server, is 25/25/10 close to the original Ragnarok rates? If not, what is the most popular private server close to the original rates?

internet archive

WHO CLOSERS HERE

it is a very difficult game with a strong pvp community consisting of skilled individuals

Considering it, but don't feel like wasting time.

Rust

EVE

What's the PvP like?

fun but same problems as elsword, p2p connection = lag

If you've played DFO, a lot of things (movement dimensions, reliance on spacing, etc.) are pretty much the same as that

But you also have the ability to burst, anime fighter-style, meaning you can get out of combos every so often once it's off cooldown

One thing I've noticed that makes-or-breaks matches is whiff punishing, because against a good player if you whiff your super and don't have a spare burst to save yourself it's probably GG

HP seems to be pretty beefy though, rounds last a long time, and every match has two rounds to it so they can get pretty lengthy if both players are evenly matched

So far I'm not sure if I'd call it GOOD, but it's definitely at least fun

Are standard Korean grind elements present?

Well it seems damage scales if that's what you mean, so a low level will still be able to have an actual fight against a high level
The only difference there is skills you have access to, which is sort of significant but I've been trashing 45+s as a junior agent so not really

The PvE though, good god is it awful
I feel the PvP is good enough to make up for the slog that it is, but it's really boring and i've never run into a reason to even use hp/mp potions yet
and quests are generic fare too

in PvE yes, but the grind in this game isn't too bad, plus the 300% drop rate + safe +12s make it very easy in this server

Is this a game? I thought it was more like a chat room, like Second Life

It's a farming simulator.

It's a classless game for only greedy people to enjoy. With a lot of useless outdated shit like items, achievements and skills to collect. Despite this it works better in casual format and don't quite work for sitting here all day at all. Pls stop shilling it

After this post, you can only post images of the best girl in their respective MMORPGs.

Been out of the loop. Closers was localized?

It's a private server, so it's all machine translated, but it's playable

Is there any chance of Veeky Forums forming an albion online guild when it's fully released?
I'm looking at the current guild recruitment ads and some of them just remind me how much I really don't want to be on a team with normalfags.

It's game for tablets man.

No clue. Game looked pretty bad to me though. Honestly more interested in the two new Darkfall remakes.

Make one

Is there a guild in codeClosers?

probably not

>The Secret World
>2012 Release
>Currently $29.99

What the actual fuck

And i was so excited to try this game.

I don't think there is a monthly after you buy.

I thought this was an interesting game but the story only seems real good for one, maybe two playthroughs and I didn't like the gameplay enough to really keep at it.

g2a.com /the-secret-world-steam-cd-key-global.html

Yes, the game is buy to play.

I've played it a little under 200 hours as pretty much one character and just got to endgame more or less. You can find dungeons surprisingly fast at the right time of day. But it is that kind of game where PvE raiding content is how you mostly advance your character past leveling and it's not perfect.

First for cute rats

i want a salad gf

I saw someone with NoFunAllowed earlier but i haven't seen it shilled here.

SHIT
JUST
GOT
MOTHER
FUCKING
DEADER
THAN
DEAD

Rust, but that game is shit. It's almost impossible to build your way up because you get killed by faggots who already have guns while you're bare naked.

Why is every game dead?

>machine translated everything
that sounds awful

It's private server, but hey nowadays even official translations are made this way!

lineage 2 lets you do that pretty sure

It's a simple game so unless you care about the story, it's good enough, the most important thing is item stats which are translated well.

ToS was a fucking mistake

Well non-Veeky Forums people know about Veeky Forums's main guild name now. I recall being in a NFA in Elsword and some random person was like "that's the Veeky Forums guild".

It has good mechanics though, all about PvP and guild warfare.

What mmos will let me forget the feels?

Ones with a ton of grinding. Mabinogi has years of grinding and you can level forever.

what feels are you having user, talk to me

don't listen to the Mabishitter

Why do you hate mabinogi ? Did it touch your no-no place?

>check vindiworld
>they got hit with C&D by nexon
>server offline
rip

WHY IS EXTREME VACUUM ON SORCERERS FORCES TELE ON MY PULLS

PRE RENEWAL IS FAIR

>mfw I've been trying to like Crusader in d3 because of the aesthetic but the skills are all fucking weird to me

I have played Wizard a lot too and while it's fun I want to try something fresh. What's better for solo hardcore leveling do you think, WD or Barb?

Why is Veeky Forums moving so fast today?

barb spinner man is pretty fun

Harpy isn't available on the provate server. Neither is Tina and the new girl with a big sword.

Now I'm suddenly disinterested

>just want a cute outfit in Mabi
>everything is 100m

Guess I'll stay in my ancient Bell Fox outfit.

Just play someone else in the meantime sonce we've only got up to Levia.

Guys, where's the RevPasta?

prostate server

He died like the bundle of sticks he was.

haven and hearth

I'm not russian though.

>Vindictus
>hey guys you ready for a totally new raid?
>haha just kidding, go ahead and fight these two midbosses at the same time
God fucking damn it. They don't even have new moves, they just hit harder.

So is Everquest 2 shit or?

>they just hit harder.
I've always hated these. Increasing difficulty just means more HP and they hit harder. I want bosses to have new moves and shit.
It's why Dragon Nest got boring.

have you killed best girl yet?

Do talent titles affect what kind of quest you get or quest rewards you get?

Life talents gives an increase in part time jobs.

machine-translated dialogue is a treasure

Cute boy.

are you playing on low settings or is the game that ugly

the latter

it looks a little better in motion but still nothing special

D E D

E

D

Just like my guild.
RIP Yotsuba.

You should join me on Mari, where it's actually dead.

looks like he isn't using any anti-aliasing to me

remember when sto had its own general?

remember when SWG, CoH and CoV weren't all shut down?

I can't even try yet because I would have to run s3 story from the very beginning and I'm not going through all that because lazy/no time. Besides, I probably won't be able to contribute at all since my Delia is slow cause lmao no gear.

Why subject yourself to that? No story you can read and garbled quest text that you have to discipher with herculean effort just to be able to progress.
Sounds like hell, I would rather wait for official version that will come out never.

Yes the fight mechanics are good, but what I dislike is the fact that gear is basically treated as consumables.

>login to new game
>create character
>choose a name
>every fucking name is already taken

>unironically reading the story in any mmo

quests are easy since they have markers on the dungeons you need to do, no deciphering needed.

>game get's dropped because its dead
>get picked up by a new publisher
>server transfer
>hardly anyone does it because game is dead
>go online
>make a new character
>2 letter names are up for grabs

Made 2 characters and named them Lo and Li.

When will you get a real computer so you can stop posting in your phone?

I post off my comp all the time. Don't ya see my ancient hunting pictures from
Mabinogi?

When will you play a real game then?

What's a real game? Also I'm playing FF9.

FF9 is shit though.

time to afk in vindictus

please tell me lann gets better

>FF9 is shit