/ng/ - Nioh General

Pronounced "SNOW BITCH" edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>Little things to know

Your amrita counter turns gold when you have enough to level up.

If you're going to sell your gear, break it down first and sell the materials because they are worth more.

Using spirit stones will charge your spirit weapon.

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected, this saves time running back to your grave and also takes away the risk of losing all your amrita before you reach your grave

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour when you defeat them, these pieces are good but they often require investment into skill or strength etc. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon. This is a great advantage because your forged gear has lower requirements and you don't have to farm the boss all the time for more pieces.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most. Don't worry if the clan you chose is on the losing side (red or blue team), we've learnt this week that clans can change color if one is dominating too much.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

t. conquered:

First for I'm going to fuck Okatsu

>those shit skills

Now you reroll for those right? So that is another eternity of savescumming.

So are we not tanuki now? Been out of commission for the past 24ish hours.

>tfw no need to make it +10

>what is reforge

So the stuff about level 320 was not a meme? I can't believe it, farming for one is going to take ages...

Please don't say rude things about my wife, thanks.

Reminder to ignore the faggot spreading misinformation about boss fights and what does/doesn't effect them.

Tome cute

Wait, do items stop at 150 and then just jump to 320? What the fuck, is it a bug?

how do you unlock 100eyes ng+? beat demon king revealed ng++

So I just started with NG+, did Isle of Demons, there were 1-2 extra enemies but mostly it was the same shit and enemies just had a lot more health.
Is this really as good as it's going to get? Because in that case I'll just stop playing.

You people are fucking idiots

At least I am not a fucking weaboo.

Sorry, your wife is going to get her takoyaki smelling pussy penetrated by my 5 inch erect cock tonight.

my personal opinion is that they're dev weapons that can be crafted by accident

Item levels are based on the highest mission you do.

>mfw Nobunaga and Nōhime kicked my ass into oblivion my death count skyrocketed to over 650

She's married, had several kids, and been bored out by monster/kelley big dick. You want a 8 inch wide smooth tunnel of a pussy and a wreck of a body beneath the clothing then go ahead i'll take tome and mothfu.

He said Okatsu, not Fuku

Papa Hanzo definitely my favorite boss so far. Ice slut was cute.

fuck this cheap shit game

bosses do their 10 trillion hits combo then when it's your turn they can freely turtle forever

nice mechanics, very enjoyable

Mad cus bad

Can you reforge familiarty damage bonus?

Want to know how I know you're stuck on Muneshige?

I know.

What's giving you trouble, user? We'll work through it.

>The Negro Samurai
his badger mode is quite the horse shit.

want to know how you're wrong?

im talking about the Red armor dude that you fight in the dojo. Does his spazzy flurry of spear attacks then goes full turtle mode, then proceeds to go spazzy flurry mode again.

i just cheesed him with the kurigasama heavy attack, get fucked stupid red faggot

are there tactics for the nioh fight besides focusing one down?

>dying to him even once

Kekeru

Learn to dash behind someone, learn to parry, stop blaming game because you're BADERU

Counters absolutely destroy him and because he's wearing light armour you can easily deplete his stamina and blade lock his ass into the ground for a free hit.

FAGERU-san why are you so mean?

bridge farming with ground traps is ridiculously easy holy shit

What the fuck does Kodama bowl do? Also how am I suppossed to find all the hot springs, I really don't know where to look next

Have you bathed everywhere you can in the Bath House?

They're for cute.
Just explore everything.

>people who can't spell kusarigama right

I am rerolling for change to attack heart on my 1kat. I have landed change to attack strength, magic, skill, and body, but never heart.

Send help or tell me that heart doesn't actually exist so I can give up

Not him but I haven't landed the spear parry one single time, whereas the katana and kusari ones I can do fine. Is there some trick to it or am I a moron?

I think I did, isn't there some hidden hot spring you'd normally miss?

I love those little green dudes but I really wished they would do something

damn i hate this the-game-knows-what-you-want-so-it-won't-happen -meme

It exists. Good luck, user. Say a prayer.

don't you mean kurasigma

I had not had a wankeru

I am now feeling more honorabu, user-san

Through perseverence you sharr overcome!

>not kuragisima

The trick is literally just before the attack connects.

Did you find the Hotspring in the Iga Mansion behind the Living Wall, or the one in Evil in The Ether?
What about the Fake Shiggy mission?

don't you mean kawasakigama

>that damage you deal
>that hp bar

You're probably overleveled.

>get summoned
>It's loading umi level
>better get ready to equip fire talismans
>Wait.. why is Fuko at the boss
>Guy is waiting for me lead him

Guy gets to first shrine and summons before even fighting a mob. Fucking hell. Immediately left.

Depends, can you respec to level one, die in the first misson and then level back up? I want all your shit. Thanks.

Okay that ending left me hype as fuck. I wasn't expecting that dlc would continue the story.

BLACKED.COM

"Damage from behind" on accessories reduces damage taken from behind, while the Kingo set bonus "Damage from behind" increases damage done to the backs of enemies. Fucking retarded

>leave out parts of the game on release
>sell them separately couple weeks after the release as '""''''dlc'''""''

worst meme desu

Different user here.
My sign of the cross did more and i was 19 levels beneath it.

You can see all of this shut in the game. On top of that if it has a + next to it then it means increased damage done by you, otherwise it means you take less damage.

This is not difficult why are there so many retards in this general?

I have to check Evil in ether because I really don't think I did. Thanks

>CLC 7.5

That's some high CLC bruh, 10/10.

How the fuck is that possible

explain

>I wasn't expecting that dlc would continue the story.

But that's nothing unusual these days.

>I wasn't expecting that dlc would continue the story.
But it literally happens during the story???

2kat skills do some insane damage.
I think they tried to offset its low base attacks damage by buffing it or they literally went "lol, 2kats so twice as much skill damage as 1kats!"

Also i got CC damage around 20%, skill damage 22%, skill reduction 15% and ki damage 17% as a sort of catchall boost.
Sign of the cross rips his health and god of wind+windstorm wrecks his stamina for yet more sign of cross.

>mfw got the final hotspring on my first run without ever having actually looked around for them

Git gud at exploration.

Here's one for you user.
>Get summoned to Iga Mansion.
>Host seems super nervos so I lead them through as best I can without doing everything for them.
>Get to the Twisting Hallway.
>Get to the correct end.
>He get immidiately crushed by spikes.
>Sends me a message complaining about not warning him.

Added to this:
You do realize he wears Light armor so his guard and defense suck though the above combo works on basically every boss I won't kill myself on the enviroment running at.

Oh. And block poking if i'm cornered. It does OBSCENE ki damage for how small it is and keeps me protected and at the very least gives me a single block before lowstance dodge away.

I just made it to Honnoji. is the ice girl as bad as you lads say? I have fire swords and bombs

It's almost as if the game is expecting you to counter when he attacks, or to break his guard when he blocks.

Fucking shit game should just have him stand still and let you hit him

On another note I still have no fucking clue how Earthly Flow is supposed to work, sometimes it triggers sometimes I just slap 'em whilst hopping away like a faggot

When the fuck am I gonna get some cool unique 2kats? I'm finishing up the second region, and the game keeps throwing these fancy unique 1kats at me, but 2kats are getting no love yet.

hardest boss so far for sure

Later and a LOT in NG+. It honestly gets a little sickening the rolls divines get and how much they make your skills do and how little they cost.

Siege of Osaka and the battle in the north happen later.

It depends, keep a medium distance to her and remeber to dodge back before any other direction.

She isn't all that bad till you get her to half health becaus then she starts throwing her Naginata and can do a grapple move that will change trajectory if you try to dodge too early.

You'll be fine if you just remember to DDR it the fuck out when the dance pad lights up, and always dodge to the side because almost all her range attacks are multi-hit long range linear attacks.

>Find a low level item from a rev with really good stats
I really don't wanna soul match this thing the entire game but...

I found one in the summer lily twilight mission, I believe it was the first one I'd found. Bit annoying how katanas get all of the unique skins but I suppose it makes sense.

Dude you really have to learn to draw the line between reality and fantasy. I said it happens during the story, not it happens at the same time, this isn't /jp/ you autistic weeblord.

Was there any real need to make the first part of Ogress level complete shit in both variations?

I'm feeling motivated

>they kept the dumb cycling twilight mission system

I'm honestly surprised. They've been very receptive towards feedback and I refuse to believe I'm the only one who commented on this in the beta survey. I wonder if there's some special reason they were adamant on this.

>He wears Youngblood.
My nigger of the highest proportions.

Do you really not understand why daily missions exist?

But it doesn't happen during the story. The main campaign ends in England. The entire Kelley and Saoirse story ended.

The teaser at the end was literally just William is going back because muh boy Hanzo gonna get killed.

Saying it happens during the story is literally saying that they took out pieces of the story that take place during the main campaign and are putting it back in, the way Ubisoft did it with AssCreed 2 where chapters were legit missing and sold as DLC.

>Ever wearing anything else

Should be bannable desu

Are you going to say "to make sure people keep coming back" or some stupid shit like that? Because I dunno about you, but when I finish a game and, feeling satisfied, put it down, I'm not gonna come back for a slightly harder version of a stage with a crimson filter slapped on.

It's not an MMO. Let people explore the content at their own pace.

I donno, in the opening animation William wears armor with a bow and a gourd.
Wearing that is acceptable.

Don't know what it is though.

Would it be fair to say Youngblood is the Elite Knight set of Nioh?

>But it doesn't happen during the story
It does, though.

Someone PLEASE tell me how the fuck can I get to that second staircase above te one woth the ball in nigger level! I need that last fucking kodama but I just can't find a way to get to it

>Try to craft divine playdoh kaido armor
>Three yellows
Thank god the twilight mission is the bleeding lily.

>I said it happens during the story, not it happens at the same time
I don't understand the distinction. The Siege of Osaka happens roughly 15 years after Sekigahara, which is roughly 12 years after the story finishes with Wirriam-sama ending Dee. How can something that occurs 12 years after the story's conclusion happen during the story?

But it doesn't. It happens later.

Red Demon Armour is the DS3 Fall Knight Armour

Every cunt wears it.

Dude you really have to learn to draw the line between reality and fantasy. I said it happens during the story, not it happens at the same time, this isn't /jp/ you autistic weeblord.

You mean the most recognisable?
Probably, otherwise it's probably Warrior of the West, or when enough people get there, Oda's armor.

>mfw I literally figured it out the second I posted this after half an hour of running everywhere

ITS NOT REAL YOU FUCKING NIGGER, ITS A GAME, THIS ISN'T A RETELLING OF REAL EVENTS YOU FUCKING MORON, ITS ONLY BASED ON IT, THERE'S ONLY SO FUCKING RETARDED YOU CAN GET.