/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Woke the dead:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VaatiVidya/status/830570347510444032
lovecraftzine.com/2013/10/10/lovecrafts-views-on-cats-and-dogs-their-function-in-his-selected-works-and-their-relevance-for-today/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lovecraft on dog-owners:

>Persons of commonplace ideas — unimaginative worthy burghers who are satisfied with the daily round of things and who subscribe to the popular credo of sentimental values — will always be dog-lovers…Dogs are the hieroglyphs of blind emotion, inferiority, servile attachment, and gregariousness — the attributes of commonplace, stupidly passionate, and intellectually and imaginatively underdeveloped men.

What did he mean by this?

First for pardoners

Is that the Ringed City in the background?

Can somebody drop me a spare Unture Dark Ring they may have?

I did Yoel's quest just fine, as I do with every other character, but Yuria just didn't spawn.

>[Sarcastic Tone]: Oh, stocking up on Indictments are you? How HONORABLE!
What did he mean by this?

This set better be in TRC.

First for /OURBOY/

He's mocking all the chuggers
The only reason I want Velka in TRC is so the pardoners have an excuse to show up. We need a crazed congregation of pardoners to make it worth our while

Repostan, need help trading my Darkmoon Ring from one character to another, happy to reward you with whatever items if I have them. On PC.

do most of you use the pvp anticheat CE table? are there a lot of invading hackers on pc ds3?

>Put sizzurp sign down in undead settlement with the intention of fighting Hodrick
>People just want to fight me instead
>Someone finally catches on and gets to Hodrick
>Accidentally kill him as I'm killing Hodrick
>He'll probably never trust a sizzurp spirit again

This is the same shit, right ?

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito

Give me the nose and I'll give you the ring

I agree, but their uniform is pretty bitchin', too.

Fuck that user who mentioned a possible group of pardoners laughing altogether. Now I'm hyped for something I know it's not coming.

My Dark Souls 3 game on PC is crashing on random intervals. I never had this problem when I started with the Knight but this time I started as the swordmaster. Is there a fix?

>Allfather Lloyd is most likely a fraud as of DS3
>people still think the giant judge is Lloyd

wew lads

Yet he had a cat, a creature that has no attachment to its owner, performs no useful function for society (dogs can be hunters, sheep herders, seeing eye dogs, rescue dogs, etc.), and eats their owner when they die.

He was "that weird guy" in highschool who had a pet spider or snake instead.
Better have at least one in TRC. Better bring back the 3rd best gesture as well

looks like it, let's hope it's on purpose and not fromsoft asset recycling

>blessed
>Nito

?

It's like totally depressing how slow and pathetic the skeleton wheels are in dark souls 3.

they were my favorite enemy in the first game

sad :(

>…lover of cats…demand…a clearer adjustment to the universe than ordinary household platitudes provide…He is unwilling to set up himself and his cruder feelings as a measure of universal values, or to allow shallow ethical notions to warp his judgment….cats appeal to the sensitive poet-aristocrat-philosopher…when we reflect on the matter of biological association…Cats are the runes of beauty, invincibility, wonder, pride, freedom, coldness, self-sufficiency, and dainty individuality–the qualities of sensitive, enlightened, mentally developed, pagan, cynical, poetic, philosophic, dispassion-ate, reserved, independent, Nietzschean, unbroken, civilised, master-class men…

cats are pest control

>Gravelord Pushover

Apparently, it is.

twitter.com/VaatiVidya/status/830570347510444032

>He's mocking all the chuggers
He's the priest of the religion of chuggers, why is he mocking him?

Also, as a dedicated DS1 Blue, chuggers are my bread and butter. Without people indicting, I'd have no job.

>fogwall
didn't notice that before. that basically confirms that we're going to be falling through frampt's gloryhole for the next area. That or we're going through the skeles

I can drop you the ring if you help me mule some of my items.

Fuck Bonewheels. if you love them so much, then why don't you go and marry them?

This is actually kind of funny, these autism levels are off the charts. Did he actually say all this?

So their entire reason for existing was obsoleted when the mousetrap was invented

So is he summoning player models wearing the ruin sentinel set? The resemblance is uncanny: same helmet, curved shoulderpads, even the double armor straps on the inner side of the thighs. And why?

That was actually me. I inspired the image with the pardoner congregation. I want what you want, though.
>Better bring back the 3rd best gesture as well
Might as well go all in, bring up the Mask of the Father right along with it. Have Marvelous Chester make snide remarks somewhere
>He's the priest of the religion of chuggers, why is he mocking him?
They're buying what he's selling, no matter what. Alternatively, he could be thinking that your stocking on indictments means you haven't been gitting gud. We need chuggers around for blues, and it used to be form to indict no matter what to give them something to do

Undead match 1v1s duels at base game, level 100. Pc
Pass is dsg.
I can hop on a ng1 SL 120if need be

Alright sure, password as dsg, sign at the first High Wall bonfire good with you? Character name is Agatha of Astora.

Bonewheels are a meme. Just pull them into a narrow corridor and slash at them when they hit the wall

MAYBE I WILL

I love them dude

radical fucking skeletons

Dogs can be just as effective at that, especially something like a terrier which is more likely to actually kill a rat instead of bringing it into your house and leave it on the doormat.

MEMBER ME

I want to do an Oscar/Poster boy build in DaS 1 with the Astora's Straight Sword throughout the entire game.

How fucked am I gonna be? I know the damage drops off mid-to-late game, but how hard?

Actually I'm retarded, if you're giving me your ring I guess there's no need for me to use my character that already has it, character name is Luminita.

no what the hell is that

lovecraftzine.com/2013/10/10/lovecrafts-views-on-cats-and-dogs-their-function-in-his-selected-works-and-their-relevance-for-today/

The guy has plenty of hilarious quotes.

It's a breeze, really. NG should offer you no trouble at all.

>das1 firelink is at the bottom of the DaS2 area famous for it's retarded elevator
>not only that, but it's in the middle of a shitpiss toxic lake with two literal Demos of Feces
WHAT IS MEMEZAKI IMPLYING BY THIS

It's shit, Jim. The weapon was probably intended to go all the way to +15, which is why Oscar actually uses a +8 one. Do the run in DS3 instead.

An Ice Rat from DS2
It's like a Bonewheel, but if you hit it, you get hurt

>exploring into the depths of a great ruined cathedral
>not a soul in sight, all is dark and quiet like the Untended Graves
>open a large set of doors marked with crow motifs
>through it is a grand amphitheater, filled with rows upon rows of black-clad pardoners sitting in perfect order as if waiting for you, in complete silence, illuminated only by candlelight
>one of them stands at the central area, with arms outstretched, in the same pose as Oswald
>"Come, Unkindled Ash. Fear not the burden of guilt. Tell us of your crimes, for after all, is it not only human to commit a sin?"
>the entire crowd bursts into laughter

It's a mob from DaS2 DLC. They were like bonewheels, but with a smaller hitbox, it damaged you if you hit it and they applied bleed on top of dealing buttloads of damage on their own.

>You progress through the hole Frampt appears in
So another long fall ?

Shorter skeleton wheels that deal literally no poise damage (so you can't get fall immunity) and cause bleed.

i always lose to this fucking filename and im sure i've seen it at least twice more

Just use a longsword with a quality build. Nobody will ever notice the difference.

wow I actually don't remember that

was it in the DLC?

I didn't play the DLC but I guess dark souls 2 left zero impressions on me if I can't remember a hedgehog enemy because I love hedgehogs

I'll notice the difference, user.

That's what matters.

They appeared near the end of the Crown of the Ivory King DLC

Just got the DLC, any must have or atleast must try items i should go get?

>Veeky Forums defining pleb and god tiers

If you like the theme of the run do it. That's why I did that run. ASS just does very little damage, it doesn't make the game that much harder. Fights only last longer. Four Kings can be tricky depending on the RNG you get.

yeah, it was the third dlc. the ds2's dlcs were pretty good actually, if you have any interest in the game at all you should check them out. you could even pirate them to see first and if u rike, you buy

no

So hold on. Aldrich, at one point, willingly linked the flame? That super-evil blob who was eating men and gods to prepare for the coming age of darkness?

oh ok it was DLC yea I didn't buy that shit

Lovecraft was a weird guy (go fucking figure) who lived a good portion of his life destitute and half starved because he spent what little money he had on fancy suits instead of food. He was obsessed with aristocracy but was never rich enough to join it. At the time cats were considered more the pet of rich people because of their aloof nature and the fact you dont really need to pay attention to them and theyre clean.
TL;DR I like his books but wouldnt take anything he said about home or lifestyle seriously. He was something of an old timey fedora tipper. Also people in general tend to get contentious over their choice of pet.

If you're a pyro, is infusing a weapon with chaos a good idea?

High Wall of Lotric's first bonfire, pw dsg

Lovecraft wrote some great shit, despite--or perhaps because of--being a hugely cringy crazy autist.

of coursh

I've been telling people this from the start
UNRELIABLE
NARRATOR
THE OLD LADY LIES

What are the benefits of going chaos instead of dark?

BROTHER!

No joke, my first run through the game I used the sword because I didn't understand the scaling system well.

I carried it with me all the way up to Artorias, until I changed it for a longsword and noticed I started doing roughly double damage.

Chaos and Dark both share the same damage outputs, but dark deals slightly more damage in PVP in general. Chaos is neat against PVE enemies that don't wear armor, or guys like those maggots.

Coming, and thanks

Pretty sure he was forced to become one.

he was forced into it IIRC?

Hawkwood mentions that "they stuck him (Aldrich) in the Cathedral of the Deep, and they made him a Lord of Cinder". Don't know who "they" are (maybe his followers, the Deacons), but it seems Aldrich didn't become Lord voluntarily.

>double damage.

jesus this is going to be painful.

If I'm not wrong he only started eating Gods after he got revived by the Bell.

Something along the lines of "became a Lord of Cinder by eating men, but grew disillusioned with his throne, and took to eating gods instead"

"He became a lord, not for virtue, but for might"

Do you guys have a source? I'm interested.

Huh. How about that.

>I could have saved Gwyndolin if I was faster

DAMN YOU, SLIME

Hawkwood dialogue.

t. dialog skipper

Still waiting

NEVER
EVER
BLUEBOIS

Where do I get the ring that lets me look like a host and not have the phantom glow?

complete Yoel's questline before going into Farron Keep

Buy it from yuria.

From Yuria.

>They made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might.
Source: Hawkwood

>spawn into arena on strfag sl120
>its that thine exodus hexfag falseflagger
>casts affinity and staff wa
>goes for a great deep soul/deep soul barrage
>suddenly
>black serpent
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>rollcaught by gds
>get comboed by
>affinity
>black serpent
>and rollcaught by an additional gs
>unsheathe bloodlust and WA myself in shame

how the fuck am I supposed to roll through:

1. deep and great deep soul barrages that have different flight speeds and homing effectivenesses
2. pursuers that are basically twice as heat-seeking as they were in das1 but don't do nearly as much damage and also have different flight speeds from deep and great deep souls
4. black serpent, which tracks better than literally any of the above but moves like twice as fast

It's still there. Please don't tell you're playing on xbox.

Adding to this user.

>Hawkwood Dialogue
>[Aldrich was a] "right and proper cleric who developed a habit of devouring men. He ate so many that he bloated like a drowned pig then softened into sludge, so they stuck him in the Cathedral of the Deep and they made him a lord of Cinder. Not for Virtue, but for Might. Such is a lord, I suppose…"

Wait, doesn't one have to make it to the Kiln and link the First Flame in order to become a LoC ? How did he become one if he was "stuck in the Cathedral of the Deep" first ?

Friendly reminder that Gwyndolin isn't ever actually confirmed to be dead after you kill Aldrich
Yes I am that desperate to have my god back