/twg/ - Total War General

The might of Reikland edition.

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Isabella von Carstein(Legendary Lord) has been announced as part of the War not Peace dealio. She and Vlad have their own faction, seperate from the Mannlet.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous episode:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834440120
youtube.com/watch?v=LxocGGk6DFc
youtu.be/i1p0apfSCIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for based Dogbert

Athel Toralien
Sith Rionnasc
Kor Vanaeth
Athel Maraya
Athel Numiel
Tor Alessi

I missed the stream, what kind of challenge was it?

D O G B E R T
O
G
B
E
R
T

Isabella when lasses?

Maybe together with bretonia

Sanic Racing.

Dogbert was the only one who beat the Sega guy.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834440120

Thoughts on this mod?

And just barely too.

Only won that second race because of the star he got on the 3rd lap.

And the Sega guy got knocked out in the last race at literally the end of the race

cav bait

stat boosts wont matter when some green cunt on a spider can bust through and stab the other side up the arsehole

Why do we call him dogberry?

>Basically, humanity is fucking awesome and we crate beauty like none other.

As true as this is who the fuck else are we competing with to compare it to

dolphins

I know, but I still can't catch them. and then another stack runs past my stack and rains my shit and I have to run after that and then another runs past that and so on and so on and you can never truly stop them because you will rarely have two armies free to corner one of theirs. They're all busy patrolling your borders.

Dude those Glorbons fucking SUCK at art.

Spiders and shit

find a hero that has the block army skill and then start either upgrading them to get the skill or use them to upgrade the skill. Using agents and ambushes is how you'll be able to catch enemy armies.

Think like a master of strategy.

That begs the question: Formations are obviously a vital part of warfare, you can't exclude them unless it's a casualbait game like Warhams.

How would YOU implement formations correctly, /twg/? How do we make them matter?

Have you tried using hero 'block army' skill?

so i was looking at the prices for WH dlc on kinguin.com and it's about $70 added with the $12, that's around $82

is the free dlc on steam worth the $23 more id have to pay on steam?

also how would i use the DLC i buy on kinguin for the humblebundle Warhammer if they all say they're "Steam DLC keys"

Cossaks

HB gives you steam keys so you would use the key on steam.

If kinguin gives you steam keys, you would use the key on steam.

And since you're already getting it on Steam, you'll get the free dlc regardless. Since you're getting it on steam.

I only have one witch hunter and no money to build more temples to raise the limit.
Despite having 70% success chance on block army, he has failed 5 out of the last 6 times.

Not today motherfuckers.

You buy steam cdkeys. And yes, free ones will be availible to you too

Just give me tight/loose formation toggle

oh ok, i got it.

it really depends on the faction

brets should obviously get some sort of cav wedge

dwarfs need a shieldwall-esque formation that gives fuckhuge bracing

>greenskins

>vampires

>chaos

empire really just needs a halberd wall formation that makes it seem like your halberds are actually better defensively than standard spears or even swords

>beastmen

elves get basic spear wall

So will you guys have an meltdown this weekend when they reveal not only that Bretonnia will have 3 starting positions, but that Gilles le Breton (aka The Green Knight) is the 4th playable LL for them?

Empire status:
>BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Mods are fun!

>its an autist trying to force his stupid meme prediction post

fuck off, you are worse than the skaven autists

you don't even need to mod him, he can hit the ma/md cap in vanilla already

IF we win the total of Make Love Not War, then they've confirmed she will be an extra alongside Bretonnia.

If we don't... who knows.

it doesn't work with save scumming usually.

Why do you people cream over LLs so much?

Give me more unit variety, instead of more faggot snowflake LLs.

Sieur Amalric of Gaudaron, mon ami user.

They already confirmed that the Green Knight won't be a lord

>prediction

Do you know what that word means Ameriburger?

Carcassonne IS a playable faction, they get turn priority. And since the legendary hero theory is squarely in the trash after Isabella, where else would the GK be? Exactly as a yet to be revealed LL for Bretonnia.

(You)'s status:
>BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Drawfags get to work!

>"Challenge 2
Rules of engagement: Each faction has created their own unique MWNL Valentines themed artwork. Each features their own unique faction inspired flavour.
Points mean prizes! Points are on offer for:
Most creative (as voted by all here at SEGA HQ) – 100 points
Most shared (determined by all of you, so if you want your faction to win – hit that share button) – 100 points TOTAL POINTS AVAILABLE = 200"

Why do the japanese like Mabel so much.

[citation needed]

Really sad when formations were a thing two decades ago and stopped being used.

I think the companies themselves are making the art. It's just on us to share it

At fucking 3am.

I know, those 6 attempts were all seperate.

Life hates me.

How can I reliably get Sigvald? I awaken the tribes but they get raped by AI.

>carcassone after brettonia, the last relevant faction
>bordelaux before brettonia, where all the other playable factions are

either this is bait, or you are truly, genuinely, retarded. Is bordelaux going to be playable as well you fucking moron? Is CA really going to introduce 3 separate factions in the region? Fuck off

>Is bordelaux going to be playable as well you fucking moron?

All you need to do is awaken four, it doesn't matter if they survive

Er, user, the 3rd confirmed LL for Bretonnia is literally Alberic D'Bordeleaux... so yes.

I think I blinked and missed the first make war not love challenge
Was it just to vote for your faction and the other poll?

You could just play the new Cossacks game, comrade.

>3rd confirmed LL for Bretonnia
>for Brettonia

did you even read your own post?

It was choosing a game for the representatives to play.

TWW rep won against the Sega rep. So we're getting one thing of free DLC and 50 pts.

50 pts adds up to the end prize of Isabella

buy warham
pirate dlc

>new
Its old one with but HD.
If i wanted formations i would play Napoleonic one.
youtube.com/watch?v=LxocGGk6DFc

Yeah, for the Bretonnian super-faction. He'll be selectable under them in Skirmish.

In the campaign he will be the LL of the Bordeleaux subfaction until you Confederate him. He's another Wurrzag, Skarsnik, Belegar etc.

Wait, so the free DLC is separate from Isabella?
Maybe I should hold off on buying beastmen for a little bit

actually i think i'll just but the dlc from steam, it's cheaper than buying it from kinguin and i have the money. i just thought paying $40 was still too much

>paying for $70 of DLC
>supporting a GamesWorkshop and Sega kike team-up
please do not do this

You're the reason age of sigmar exists

WHAT DID WE WIN

i dont think ca has even mentioned him yet in any capacity. i think youre full of shit user

That's what they said in the chat.

We also get some super old Sega game. I don't remember what we got this time but it's like from the 90s.

Assuming there are 4 challenges for the 4 days and we win all of them, we'll get 4 free DLC, 4 super old Sega games, and Isabella.

>everything I don't like is the jew's fault

gb2 and jerk off over your god emperor's press conference meltdown

actually it's $70 on kinguin and $65 on steam(plus the free dlc)

it's only 5 bucks but id rather not use pirated dlc on a legit bought game

glorious

I just recently got TW:W and come from a Paradox strategy background.

Can anyone explain to me how I should approach war? And how do the peace deals work? I've started as the Empire with Karl Franz and, after taking the Reikland, went to war with Marienburg(?) to the north-east. I took the main capital and now they want peace. If I peace out with them while I hold that city, will I gain control of it? Do I have to conquer the whole of the country to win the city?

> GW gets all the money they want from 40kfags anyway
> not wanting to support a legitimately good product at the cost of a few expensive lunches
I'll never get it. I buy DLC as an investment because for once in my life I feel it's almost worth it. Race packs are a bit pricey, but even then, it feed back into getting us more FLC and more fleshed out sequels.

forgot pic

use soviet zerg rush tactics when attacking
use coward camper tactics when defending
you'll be fine

It's the internet, people on it don't like being parted with their money, feel their owed shit for free.

The fact that CA actually gives us shit for free doesn't seem to help the sense of entitlement. Nevermind that a lot of that free content will be being developed out of the sales of the DLC.

Fucking Candle-Knight-Pope

metaphorical jews are an accepted concept m8

Money is relative, ya'll. Nominal value is useful for keeping the market from tearing itself apart and maintaining a national currency, but 70USD to me (salaried government employee) is not the same as 70USD to a cashier at McDonald's or professional pilot. If people like a product, they're going to vote with their wallets.

For today I got Sega Megaforce and dlc for CoH2, check email. For Isabela we need to win the whole event, so keep strong till sunday evening.

Anyone here play Hyrule: Total War? Is it any good?

Thanks, everybody knows about subjective value, this isn't the 1890s anymore.

All the screeching about DLC makes me think that people are buying it anyway, since you would think they just wouldn't buy it and that would be far more effective than downvoting TWW on the steam reviews

>Want to Play Total Warhammer
>Remember Isabella and Vlad
>Remember Bretonnia
>Don't want to start a campaign so close to so much new stuff.

This is painful.

I dislike my games being diced up into 10 installments of $7.99 on top of a $40 price for the base game

The quality of the content is irrelevant; the practice is terrible.

As a former warhammer fantasy player I have to say that this is literally nothing to me. Sega's jewing is nothing compared to GW's so i've become numb to this and to me this is pretty reasonable.

Consider that GW will sell you the book to play the army. Not even the models or the rule book. just the army supplement for almost $50

play multiplay custom map battles. they're fun even if you lose. Son't worry about loading times. Just as long as your game runs well in battle that's all that matters.

people ARE buying it anyway
but on Veeky Forums they should be tech savvy enough to pirate it (the DLC) instead

Peace deals in total war warhams are just a ceasefire, no territory changes hands, so marienburg will stay yours, but the wasteland will still be theirs.

And yet it works.

Any tips for the campaign? bought the game and started with Grimgor, following the advisor's advice has been terrible so far.

First TW game for me.

Guy speaks the truth.
Main reason figures are unpainted is so they can sell you overpriced paint for it.

A fucking CoH2 DLC really?

>game devs and publishers are jew-kike-oyveys for producing content in an effort to make money
>im some how not a jew-kike-oyvey for wanting it all for free

????????????????????????

>one side is unreasonable
>other side is unreasonable in turn
>this means there can never ever be any kind of compromise
I'd pay for it if the asking price was reasonable

It seems to be reasonable for many hundreds of thousands of people.

If you value 17.50 more than you value the content offered, don't buy it. Easy as that.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with you having fun painting them, even with paint bought anywhere you like

So I played Attila for the first time after only playing Warhammer and fuck me, Warhammer not having any settlement maps is the dumbest thing ever.

Defending a settlement in Attila is actually like you're defending something - there are choke points, towers, all that good shit that you build in your towns.

It's fucking stupid that they got rid of all that in Warhammer so that building walls round a settlement is completely mandatory.

Will modders being able to add maps to campaigns fix this now?

Probably should start with dwarfs since they ez mode

If they didnt want to sell you overpriced paint, they would have more expensive painted versions too.

Oh boy, arch is moving up in the world.
youtu.be/i1p0apfSCIU
He's still an uppity cunt.

Boss tent in every settlement. Build up your wagh and use them.

Arch has been riding Sargons dick for months. The streams with in them I avoid like the plague. Too much fucking autism.

I value the entirety of the DLC content offered at $15-$25
not one scrap of it; with the total of all scraps equalling $60 and much of it looking more like cut content then content added later
For a digital copy of this game I would pay $30 for the base game and $15-$25 for DLC at sales
For a physical copy I would pay $50 for the base game and $30-$40 for DLC regardless of sales

Also thousands of people are retards; this is a well documented phenomenon

fuck off

Tried watching one of his videos once. He came off as both an unbearable cunt and completely wrong about the lore he was trying to explain. Never looked back at any of his other stuff, or even finished that first video, and I cringe every time someone recommends him to learn about fluff.

You seem to have a very wrong idea about the hobby as a whole. They're a model company first and foremost, of course they value the modelling part. But keep thinking it's a conspiracy