Why do people like this car?

Why do people like this car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tD-qo4gxyS4
youtube.com/watch?v=tf_T2BSvpP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is that a honda?

Sti lol. It looks retarded. This particular one has 60k miles and is asking $27K

They're fun and not too expensive.

Because it almost looks like a Beemer. ALMOST.

Why do people dislike it? It's my second favorite WRX next to the bugeye.

>"Not too expensive."

>bro culture
>memes
>cult following

they cum crawling every year

this gen of the sti is one of the ugliest imo.

i didnt even recognize this was an sti

white kids from the suburbs and their yoloswag memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=tD-qo4gxyS4

>awd econobox
>fun
you know you could get a v8 mustang for the same price right? and same mpg.

>v8
>mustang
FUN

fuck off m8 the ecobooooooooooooooost mustang is where its at.

FUCKING PIG HEAVY VEE ATE SHIT BOX CANT TURN

It looks like a Korean car in the worst way.

The Sti for that gen was alright. But the earlier WRXs were terrible, a complete downgrade from the earlier gen, at least this was fixed with later WRXs. A similar model year V6 Camry still outperforms the WRX on the straights though, while being a cheaper, bigger, more comfortable, better equipped car.

>V6 Camry meme

Its stupid because V6 Camrys beat literally every sport compact in a straight line almost every year they were produced as far back as the 1990s (replace WRX with Integra GSR/Prelude, 240SX, Impreza 2.5RS, pretty much anything except for Turbo DSMs and Maximas)

The person in the market for a WRX is not going to cross shop a V6 Camry, and the person in the market for a V6 Camry will possibly look at a Legacy before a WRX. A V6 Camry is not cheaper than a WRX, and as much as the Subaru will understeer it'll have far more grip than a Camry could dream of.

Different driving experience, why do you think Ford sells a Focus RS alongside the 5.0 Mustang

They're fun, hold a special niche in the automotive market (Turbo AWD Sport Compacts), and hold insane resale. Seriously for $27k just buy a 2016 WRX and get a brand new fucking car. For better or worse its the same car from 2002-2014. At least Subaru decided to innovate a little bit with the 2015 WRXs with the FA20 and a far better chassis.

People who ask this question have never been for a blast in a well sorted one

>Its stupid because V6 Camrys beat literally every sport compact in a straight line almost every year they were produced as far back as the 1990s
It's not an issue the GC ever had though.

>A V6 Camry is not cheaper than a WRX
Have you seen Subaru prices in the last decade and an half? They're 100% meme priced by owners who "know what they got"

>100% meme priced by owners who "know what they got"

See: Until another manufacturer makes a car with a similar niche (Fun AWD Sport Compact) that can compete as well they'll forever be "meme priced". If you want to avoid their retarded resale, buy one with a blown motor (at least they're piss-easy to work) or buy one new.

The GC WRX was never sold in the USA so it wouldn't be compared to a V6 Camry, and the 2.5RS we got made a thundering 110-120whp and was smoked by a equivalent year V6 Camry until the GDB 02-05 WRXs came out and Toyota didn't put the 270hp 2GR-FE in the Camry until 2006.

How much is my 2007 WRX with 54k miles worth approximately

poor mans bmw

Is Veeky Forums really this filled with gooks? Why is the piece of shit fuckin Camry always mentioned around here when no one really wants one zipperheads?

2007 * 54 / 10 = ~ 10K

No lowballers no tire kickers, I know what I have!

>Until another manufacturer makes a car with a similar niche (Fun AWD Sport Compact) that can compete
Ford Focus RS straight up BTFOs the Impreza.

Fuck off. Subaru fags always ask for so much for their shitty cars.

That's what happens when demand is greater than the supply

If there is one thing that pisses off Veeky Forumstists more than mustangs it's turbo subarus'.

Swear to fuck people with these cars were just mean to them and they equate the car to people.

a good chunk of Veeky Forums owns turbo subarus now, they're one of the more popular cars behind used bmws, 1990s hondas, and miatas.

its more "sour grapes" because they haven't depreciated to any reasonable levels

it does

but it's still a limited production $40k car so Veeky Forums won't afford it or buy it anytime soon, and the wrx sti will have likely outsold it because they can sell more.

turbo AWD sport compacts just hold retard-tier resale, look at used Golf Rs and Evos (not as much as STis but still pretty high compared to say, a 370Z or a 5.0 Mustang/Camaro SS).

It's a Subaru, they never will, anyone quoting KBB or Nada prices is an idiot. They sell for what they sell for, screeching about the price not being what they think it should be is stupid.

Also the Evo goes for more than an STi any day of the week.

With this equation of yours, my R34 GTR would be worth $10k

Get the fuck out of here.

According to your equation my 1998 legacy GT with 183k on it is worth $36,000. Nice

1998(183/10) = 36,563

If you change the 10 to a 100 though you get 3.6k, which is a bit less than good manuél ones go for in Subaru states.

That's because Evos are better cars.

>you know you could get a v8 mustang for the same price right? and same mpg.

years ago i saw some guy in snow tires in a wrx sti zooming by me in a foot of snow.

honestly, it looked like more fun than i could ever have in a mustang. just sayin'.

That's mostly subjective.

>That's because Evos are better cars.

>no cruise control

haha

>buy STI
>Delete wing

Congrats, you have a good, if overpriced DD that's both practical and sporty and you don't look like a boyracing faggot.

Equivalent of a 10 year old BMW for 5 year old BMW money. Nice if you live somewhere that gets a lot of snow and you don't want an SUV or an Audi.

Evos handle better out the box, have stronger engines (4B11T or 4G63), and are more fun.

STis are more comfortable and less raw while still being fun, which is why they sold better. Subaru also didn't look like it was on the borderline of bankruptcy every year they sold them either which helped a lot when it came to moving a $35,000 car that was based off of a $20,000 Impreza/Lancer.

2002+ STis have a retard strong underrated driveline for a AWD car. Car in vid has a STi 6spd/front axles and WRX rear diff/axles, only broke a axle after 20 passes. A Evo would've had the transmission in pieces after a couple of launches. 500+ whp Evos need built transfer cases or transmissions (at least a fresh stock rebuild), 500+ whp Subarus need built motors and a stronger clutch.

youtube.com/watch?v=tf_T2BSvpP8

The facelift sedan was the last good impreza. After that the impreza went downhill.

>stronger engines
>muh crank walk
>muh valve seats
>muh itty bitty turbo

>Small Turbo
>A little bigger than a stock STi IHI VF39/43/48 Turbo still good for 350-370whp.

>Crankwalk
>Only on Evo 4s

>Valve Seats
That's a new one

Their reason for paying a ridiculous amount is always "You're paying for the engine not the car."

They sell the Sti without the wing as the Sti Limited.

But half of them need a new engine because muh blown gaskets.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyy why even buy the boy racer edition if you're going to delete the wing. Reeeeeeeeee

So higher miles makes my car worth more? Excellent!