Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DiWJNFdiw6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>real enthusiasts
>'90's T-bird
Filthy casual

I never see these outside trailer parks

>I saw that RCR episode

Please stop shilling your car. They're not bad but not amazing.

All the Somalian immigrants around here drive those ;)

They drive 450SELs with the 6.9L V8?

if i ever get one of these i want to make a grill because i dont like the aero nose; it looks wrong without a grill

Yes *winky face*

You're off a decade.

Swap it to an 83-86 nose.

No, they're really quite bad.

My dad had a Turbo Coupe. I would kill to find one in clean condition, such a beautiful car. Fucker was pretty fast too.

>would kill for a T-bird

t. Cletus

I doubt most non enthusiasts would know what this is let alone that it's a Subaru.

Pontiac 6000

One day you'll be old enough to have a car to be nostalgic about, fuckstick. Until then, save a seat on the bus for old ladies and shut the fuck up.

my dad had a 240z and a cosmo :^)

glass transmissions

Anyone here know what this is?

E80 Toyota Sprinter Ragin' Reagan edition

Hammond doing the Carlton

At least his dad wasn't a faggot.

Kek, that car looks happy.

i saw one of those at a car show in MD a few years back, very cool looking in person

Ooo! The Carlton GSi 3000, you don't see those everyday now do you? Vauxhall, and by extension Opel, has a history of taking their boring hum-drum saloons and stuffing some chili peppers into the engines. Like this, the Cavalier SRi 130

Actually it was a cooling issue with the trans

those thunderbird turbo coupes are pretty fucking cool, OP. I want one real bad

ITT 80s and 90s shitboxes

Never change Veeky Forums

>"Super" Coupe

I'll keep my Grand National. Thanks.

Actually it was a screen that clogged and blocked circulation. But ultimately failure was from overheating.

and I'll be keeping your pink slip bitch

Are you literally retarded? The SC was down about 40hp and 50ft/lbs on the grand national. And was probably 2.5 seconds slower in the quarter.

>"Super" Coupe

That's not a SuperCoupe.

Eh, am I?
This is a '92.

I didn't even notice, the turbo coupe was abysmal compared to the super. What did it make, 190hp?

I've had both and while the GN had plenty of power it was shit in every other respect compared to the SuperCoupe. Not surprising since it was a late 70's rehash of a 60's design.

190 in manual, 150 in auto.

the cougar objectively had better styling.

There was a 4wd version of the super coupe that never made it past prototype that would have been fucking sick. I can't find the pictures, though.

What other respect was there? Neither was anything to write home about in the interior department, but the Delco head units were superior to the Ford. The Super Coupe had a softer, more grand tourer suspension, but at the end of the day, dude said that a super coupe was going to take some GN's pink slip, so this was implicitly a discussion of drag racing, a domain in which the GN would completely crush the T-Bird.

87/88 Turbo Coupe's aren't even remotely unknown, there's even a few on Veeky Forums.

Even with it's lack of clear coat I miss mine sometimes, was a neat fun car.

Irony at it's finest.

A 6 cylinder Subie, at that.

Seeing that 99% of them have dissolved back into the earth, probably not bad thing their unknown.

>dissolved

That was the problem with the two I had. :(
Good God, they were bad fucking assed, though.

There's a guy around me that has one I see driving around now and then. A bondo special for sure, but still cool.

The brightest star of the Pleiades, Alcyone, stateside the SVX, arguably best engine Subaru ever made is in it, the feat of engineering and dark gypsy magic that is the EG33. Takes to boost like a chink to rice farming, but was crippled by the fact it was perpetually tied to an autotragic.

This, but enthusiasts think this is a great car and non would think it's some shitbox

MUH DICK

HNNG cosmo is sex

Then there's the interior

HHHHNNNNNNGGGGG

E30 M3s are for casuals.
The 320is is where it's at, and nobody knows about it because they were so rare.

my friend's dad had one of these growing up

the digital dash was sweet

equal to the bmw E24

That's a MN12 digidash

ah okay

i was like 7, thought it was the previous gen

There are more obscure fox bodies out there OP. For instance they actually made a 4 door mustang

Oh, I don't know, maybe try going over a bump and watching the fender, hood, steering column, and doors all move independently. Or maybe going through a decreasing-radius on-ramp at more than 25mph. God forbid there be an expansion joint too. Or maybe having a shoulder belt that doesn't try to cut your neck off. I could go on, but that would belabor the point.

Like I said, the GN is lots of fun it's own way, as is the SC and the two don't really compare due to the age differences of the basic designs.

Still GOAT tier digidash my buddy has a 93 turdbird at my house with one

Ya, but the Turbo Coupe was actually a half decent 80's shitbox. Sadly the LTD LX was saddled with the shit their CFI """""HO""""" 5.slow

why did the 5.0 have 2 different firing orders? i know they changed it for the mustang but how did it work?

I had a 6000 STE coupe, shit was dope as hell

what was the AWD trim level of the 6000?

mark VII > t-bird

Because Ford's a shitlord.
You had either the lopo/truck order 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8
Or the HO/351/Explorer order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

Same reason they stuck shit tier e6 heads on panthers/tbirds/cougars

but what was the purpose of changing it? did it make the engine smoother or something? couldn't have been emissions since well they did it in only some cars.

true. but i havent seen one in years. what was the interior like?

No, that only camed on the sedan. But I did have the sweet fucking landau roof trim.

Like this, but in metallic grey

>limited run of a performance trim of a Japanese taxi
m8 that's just obscure.

I've owned both, honestly the Turbo Coupe was much more fun.
>that warm glow of the firm ride light while the boost gauge is pegged at 18psi

rare
never seen a coupe version. ever.

If I ever build a Fox, this will be the one I build.

The original design from the 60's has the 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 firing order while the HO has the 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 order. Ford press release at the time claimed "revised main bearing loads" as the reason. Presumably to increase durabililty. Interestingly the 1-3-7 pattern also reduces the "draw" on the front runners of the carbureted intake which can result in cylinder 5 receiving a leaner mixture. It also separates cylinder 7 and 8 in the firing order so that current flow in the plug wire for 7 won't inductive fire cylinder 8. There was even a TSB on that in the mid 80's for the 351 in F250's which had the old 1-5-4 pattern.

It was like driving around on your grandpa's lay-z-boy recliner

fairmont wagon

>The lopo 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 order is notorious for putting more wear on the main bearings creating the "lopo knock", besides that the HO order sounds so much better,

No.

Rotards ought to recognize this.

i think the ls engines sound better.
youtube.com/watch?v=DiWJNFdiw6U

just personal preference but i have never heard a mustang sound that good.

It was a Leftover Edition so you didn't miss anything

No. Fuck no. Why the fuck would I choose a Fairmont when I could choose a Lincoln? You make no sense.

because lincons are uncool

You're uncool.

Prices are already taking off. You can find beat up literal junk cheap for now but even those are increasing in price. It won't be long before they're like clean Fox Mustangs being too expensive to fuck with.

Also keep in mind header panels and headlights are already difficult to find. Time won't help that any.

He'll never understand that a good Lincoln is among the coolest rides there are.

I'm actually okay with this. Buddy had a Conquest, surprisingly fun even if the ass end would seem to get loose when you launched.