youtube.com/watch?v=-r0vEHLPWN0
youtube.com/watch?v=T0wg4CdATJk&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want an unreliable, slow, moneypit

But it comfy and has large engine space + easier to maintain

>BMW V8's
>easy to maintain
>reliable

What the FUCK am I reading right here? Is this some kind of sick joke, or just some shitty bait?

depends.

if you live in america it will have an import markup from day 1. if you live in europe it will have a v8 tax that you will regret monthly.

there is litteraly no reason to buy a used car, when there are so many cheap micro cars available, which are much cheaper to own, maintain, and drive.

So obviously benchracers, it hurts.
If you haven't laid hands on the particular car you're talking about, make it less obvious next time

>no reason to buy a used car
are you fucking retarded?
Not everyone wants some soulless micro shit box. Especially when you get something older and in good shape with more features and size and all around positive qualities.

>micro cars

wew lad

also fuck buying new

hell i picked up my 13 chevy sanic for 6900$ and its perfectly fine with only 40k miles

buying one new with the options my car has would be 17k, which is double the price for no real benifit

I would not recommend any German car as a first car. Assuming you're in the US parts are getting more expensive and harder to find, at least quality parts. About half of the parts still available are only made by Uro and their stuff's garbage.
If you're dead-set on getting an E34, get one with an M50. They're easier to work on and much less problematic. If all you want is a big V8 sedan, get an old Crown Vic/Caprice or an LS400.

I have and I agree with them. I've yet to encounter an M60 that isn't vomiting oil all over the place and is easy to work on. Even in an E38 they take up the entire engine bay.

not in europe you don't.

>registration
>insurance, especially being a new driver.
>low mpg tax
oh, yeah, and the €1,3/L gas prices.

its not rentable to own anything older than about 2010 anymore.

Fuck no. You'll crash it or ruin it by not being able to afford proper repairs. Just get a panther if you want a v8 barge.

The E34 is hands down the most reliable BMW ever made
The M60 is a bulletproof engine as long as the timing guides are done
The E34 is a great platform if you're looking to make a fun car
The E34 is a great mix of comfy and fun
A 540i will have good power and torque
It's a V8
The M60/M62 is the best engine BMW has ever made imo
Parts will be plentiful in junkyards, there are 5 E34s in each junkyard in my city
They have a huge aftermarket
There are tons of knowledgeable guys on r3vlimited and bimmerforums
Most people on Veeky Forums who shit on BMWs are just spouting memes, I have owned several BMWs and they all have been VERY reliable up to over 200k on all of them and 300k on most.
They have never left me stranded, and I've never even had to change anything major.
Source: I own an M62B44 swapped E34

Anything to watch out in particular with one around the 100k miles mark? Also, about how much did it you run to maintain it?

The only problems I've really had were timing guides, like I said. My E34 had 130k on the M60 when I got it and it was undrivable, but I maintain that's only because it sat for a year and a half.
I got a bunch of vacuum leaks in my E30, but that was around 250k
Always keep about $300-500 ready JUST IN CASE, because parts can get expensive.
If you are buying a shitbox one to build up like I do, you're going to learn to love Rock Auto and ECS Tuning.
I put about $1000 into my E34 when I got it and it hasn't given me ANY problems since.
Also I've learned that if your E30 gets totaled in an accident that isn't your fault, the BMW community are some of the nicest, and most helpful guys ever.

Listen to this guy, he's describing my experience exactly.

About how long do these last even? I'd probably get one in the 100k to 130k range.

>hurr durr, europe is poor
Oh, screw you - just because YOU are poor doesn't mean everyone is. And the E34 isn't even particularly expensive as far as old cars are concerned; especially not in Europe. In fact, most newer cars will be more expensive in terms of parts - and the taxes aren't even noteworthy. You'd have to be *really* poor if can't afford 287 Euro annually (that's €23.90 or $25.70 a month; aka boo-fucking-hoo). And gas will be kinda pricey no matter what; but you'll always have to choose between more power and less fuel consumption, no matter what.

>not rentable...
The word you're looking for is "economical" and I started to learn English when I was in my twenties.
>...anything older than about 2010 anymore.
Bull. Shit. Unless you mean on unemployment benefits, which raises a bunch of additional questions concerning your financial situation.

not sure but I think there are places in Europe where having a car like this is significantly more expensive than owning it in Germany

>and I started to learn English when I was in my twenties.
Wtf? I call bullshit.

Sogar in der Hauptschule lernt man Englisch.

Absolutely
>t. 24 yo poorfag who can't afford a E34 and lusts after them with burning passion

>I've yet to encounter an M60 that isn't vomiting oil all over the place and is easy to work on.

>>t. 24 yo poorfag who can't afford a E34 and lusts after them with burning passion

If you lusted that hardcore after an "E34" in general you'd just get the 518i.

>inb4 "noooo I meant the 525/530/540"
But you didn't say so, faggot

>Chebby Zonic

Nice meme.

I can't afford any car at the moment. And the cheapest E34 around is the 525i. 518i doesn't even show up.
With a bit more money it's possible to get a 524 diesel.

I'd honestly suggest an e36 over an e34. I bought another e36 a few months ago for $600 to turn into a missile and have very little work put into actually maintaining it so far.

M50/M52 > M60 cheaper and easier to maintain.

Enjoy driving the first unauthentic BMW. Everything after the E30/E34/E28/E32 was a mistake.

>Sogar in der Hauptschule lernt man Englisch.
Yeah, like THAT's gonna help you in actual conversations that go above "where is the train station?". I've seen (or rather heard) people using their "school english" IRL and it's embarrassing to watch.

I'm okay with this. The car is enjoyable, and that's what matters to me. I've driven e30s with 24v swaps and find enjoyment in them as well.

>24v swaps
>bmw fangirls have to swap Alfa engines into their cars because it's the only way to make a German car spark some passion
Top kek, can't make this shit up

youtube.com/watch?v=U33Av9x7wkU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvG78uFj2Lo

Why were you in the Hauptschule in the first place if you're actually able to learn?

What the fuck are you talking about?

What? I said *school english* is mostly useless, I wasn't even talking about Hauptschule in particular (although it *is* particularly bad). And just to clarify: I'm 35, so when I think "people", it's people my age, meaning people who are long since out of school and don't remember much about anything they've learned, let alone a language they barely knew at the best of times. I've met plenty of people who claim that their English is "okay" yet if put to the test, they have a very limited vocabulary, problems with simple stuff like past/future tense and no feel for the language as a whole.

I mean, of course everyone has to start *somewhere*, but nothing will teach you a language like actually talking to native speakers (or at least watching/reading/listening to A LOT of English media), and it's very easy to spot someone who's inexperienced in that regard, even if they're technically using correct grammar. So, my point is, someone who makes a mistake as glaring as using "rentable" when they mean "economical" has an insufficient grasp on the English language.

Wow, ich habe einige Minuten gebraucht, bis ich verstanden habe, dass er mit "rentable" tatsächlich "rentabel" meint, lol

by "24v swap" he meant the M20 to M50 swap you retard

You said 24V swap. As far as I know the 24V engines people swap in their E30s are Alfa Romeo V6s.
The more you know...
Seems useless to swap a BMW engine for another BMW engine tho

He was probably a Spanish speaker, we say "rentable" to mean "economical"

people swap everything into old BMWs, the most popular swaps being M50/M52 turbo.
That probably is the only car ever with a swapped Alfa engine though.

nope will be spending money on premium fuel and servicing it instead of driving it.

>yet if put to the test, they have a very limited vocabulary, problems with simple stuff like past/future tense and no feel for the language as a whole.

ouch, right indo de benis.
I noticed that myself a couple times and especially recently when someone asked me about the whereabouts of some near event and what public transport would be the right one to get there.
it's always like the surprise about someone actually asking me something in english is so big that I instantly forget 70% of my english. totally embarrassing for me and makes things unnecessarily more difficult for both in the conversation.
but I guess this can only be fixed by practicing more and more in person conversations...

Not really, people are really desperate to inject some passion and soul in their BMWs
youtube.com/watch?v=20f8b-7lUTo

lmao.

passion and soul is marketing euphemism for "willing to pay for fix the bucket up every week" and "unreliability"

also, you forgot your prez/alphonse trip

that is still the only car with an alfa engine
and yeah nobody swaps anything into alfas because alfa romeos are boring pieces of shit

>also, you forgot your prez/alphonse trip
>implying
prez/o/ gets butthurt about Alfa all the time because the Cadillacs literally can't compete against the Giulia, and Alphonse gets butthurt about the Alfa because the Mustang can't compete either despite being a 2 door.
The only tripfags I know that like the Alfa are mjet and cunt

>that is still the only car with an alfa engine
That's another car
>nobody swaps anything into alfas because the only way to improve their godly engines would be to literally do a Ferrari swap
FTFY
>alfa romeos are boring pieces of shit
>t. predictable
youtube.com/watch?v=p7Qek70eLxk
Stay BTFO

I've heard people call Alfas "unreliable" or "built cheap". Boring isn't something I've heard people call them though, unlike those somniferous Lexuses.

>alfistas unironically trying to defend their shitboxes
>fwd
>""""interesting""""
Top fucking kek
i'd rather drive an autotragic lexus landbarge

>RWD
>still can't win
stay btfo rotflmao
and I never defended FWD alfas until this post btw

>posts wtcc cars
BMW WTCC wins: 60
Alfa WTCC wins: 14
Lmao try harder italicucks

>implying Alfa was present in all those championships
youtube.com/watch?v=-r0vEHLPWN0

If you're in Burgerland, get an old Cadillac or a Lincoln. They'll be much cheaper to maintain.

t. 92 Caddie owner

Alfa got 14 wins in 3 championships, bmw got 60 in 6 championships
BMW has >50% more wins per championship than alfa kek

>spoon and egg championships
Let me know when they can get another Le Mans win, kek

>posts a wtcc image
>gets btfo
>waah spoon and egg races!!!
Yeah you let me know when Alfa can get anothe LeMans win too because their last win was more than 80 years ago lmfao.

>giulia
>cant even beat the old 430hp m3
inb4 muh burgerring lap times

BMW needs 3 more wins to catch up with Alfa in overall wins, or 4 consecutive wins to catch up with Alfa in consecutive wins
>fake lap times
>damage control about Nürburgringg
ayyy lmao

>BMW needs 3 more wins to catch up with Alfa in overall wins, or 4 consecutive wins to catch up with Alfa in consecutive wins
What the fuck are you trying to say?
Is that some sort of damage control i cant tell
>Nurburgring
7:27.77
>inb4 d-don't count!!!

can someone explain this new alfa meme to me?

t. late fag

If BMW sedans are so fast, why doesn't BMW race them in Nordschleife?
Also many of those Alfa laps were done in a wet track. Try again BMW fangirl.

>has to compare a roll cage fitted 2 door track special to a plain jane family sedan
lmao is this all bmwcucks have?

>equipped for the track, rollcage and no back seat
>water injection system
>coupe
>double the price
>barely beats the giulia
kek

alfa finally produced an rwd sedan and now all the previously bashed insecure FCA cucks (diesel punto drivers etc) have come to shitpost about the Giulia (or a car they will never be able to drive or afford)
does this look like a wet track?
youtube.com/watch?v=T0wg4CdATJk&app=desktop

>the surprise about someone actually asking me something in english is so big that I instantly forget 70% of my english.
I know that feel, but native speakers usually don't care if you get your point across. And yes, nothing can replace practice in real-life situations - I've been to Australia a couple of weeks ago and it was a nice experience in that regard. I was told I'm pretty good but I still felt stupid after every other sentence because I'm nowhere near the level I want to be (proper pronunciation is a bitch).

>Spanish speaker, we say "rentable" to mean "economical"
So do we (Germans).

Maybe, but not by much - it might be even cheaper in Eastern Europe and I doubt there's much of a difference at all when it comes to our (more or less) equal neighbours like the Netherlands or Belgium.

>spanish speaker
>all this fca shilling
mjet detected lmao

Didn't that guy say Germans say "rentabel"?

>30 years to catch up
>80 more hp
>semi slicks
>still can't beat the F80 (or c63) lap times
Italishills will still defend this.

isn't mjet portuguese?

Anyhow...

this one is for the toilet-kin, the absolute DIESEL SCUM small man with even smaller ideas. im finding it difficult to deal and speak with my diesel fiat loving son on a day to day basis hed rather be """going wonderlust levels of HAM""" at the local Blue Man Group show at the expense of my life insurance. he wants to make my death look like an accident so that he can claim the money and go watch Matilda on Ice with impunity. the absolute SHIT LIPS this activity is nothing short of sneaky, i never knew my pinto loving spawn would turn into this monster, this reptilian lizard kin son of a bitch.

as i type this im in the electronic section of Giant Tiger and getting in tune with my inner "rogue pixels" so that i have a sturdy defense against my son named Michael Jet (mjet for short"

have i failed as a father? yes and no. i bought him the 1.3 digger mobile in automatic to teach him temperance and respect for the samurai code, you start low and aim high, but like most corrupt defective boys he'd rather just identify as THE GOLD FACE instead of dealing with me directly. i have to deal with THE GOLD FACE as proxy. these are his crimes who will take him in

fucking absolute scum

>still can't beat the F80 (or c63) lap times
Sorry, I wasn't aware there was a F80 Nordschleife lap time. Oh wait, there isn't.
As for the C63, it got utterly and completely BTFO. By 13 seconds, nothing less. The only German manufacturer who can seriously hope to compete with Alfa is Porsche. Some of the biggest guys in the business.

>crashing this thread

The pre production Giulia was quicker than the C63 on one track (nordschleife)
The production Giulia is slower than the C63/M3 on every other track despite wearing track tyres Lmao

Tell me about the Panamera, why does it wear the mask?

>semi slicks
bmwfags making up blatant lies when confronted with a harsh reality

>bmw needs a roll cage fitted water injecting 2 door 2 seater track special to compete a plain jane family sedan
lmao i wish i was making this up

>implying the others race with street tires

oh okay. so it's as irrational as i assumed.

You say Toe-may-toe, I say Toe-mah-toe etc.

The Viper ACR is the comparable car. And it's both faster and cheaper and it needs no rollcage to be fast.

>italicucks in denial again
Pirelli P Zero Corsa Asimmetrico 2 are semi slicks
no roll cage on the F80 M3 yet it still rapes the Giulia despite being 80hp low on power

>no roll cage on the F80 M3 yet it still rapes the Giulia in dynamic mode despite being 80hp low on power
FTFY

>Pirelli P Zero Corsa Asimmetrico 2
>semi slick
LMAO BMW KEKS ARE THIS FUCKING STUPIS
L
M
A
O

compared to this on the twice as expensive roll cage fitted water injecting 2 door 2 seater track special bmw m4 gts

>muh conspiracies
>d-don't count
same old excuses, so boring
>denial
why wont you look up google, poor fca cuck?
''The P Zero Corsa Asimmetrico 2 tread design is inspired by Pirelli's P Zero Max Performance Summer tire and features a semi-slick, low void ratio and a large external shoulder structure. ''

>and features a semi-slick, low void ratio and a large external shoulder structure
>shoulder structure
learn something about tires stupid bmwcuck

is a semi slick lmao

>bmwcucks literally this mad

same day track test

Holy shit Italicucks are retarded, butthurt AND illiterate.

>perfoamce coupe vs family sedan
lmao keep going, bmwcucks literally THIS desperate! kekk!!

>projection
LMAO

BMW FAGS LITERALLY THIS DESPERATE

pic related, the red part is the 'semi slick section'
LOL

>UTQG 60
Yeah, it's a semi-slick.

I love italicuck pathetic tears and excuses
>track tyres that wear out every 5-10k miles
>145 hp more than the M2
>still gets btfo
>b-but muh sedan

You literally are retarded and illiterate.
>features a semi-slick, low void ratio AND a large external shoulder structure
Italicucks confirmed illiterate retards LMAO

I live in europe and I drive a 94 merc benz. Are you retarded?

>I love italicuck pathetic tears and excuses
yeah, i love bmwfag excuses even more

>"no no that doesnt count! compare it to a roll cage fitted water injecting 2 door 2 seater track special that costs twice as much!!!!"
L
M
A
O

lmao keep projecting bmwboy

and for the bmwbmoy that cant read

>features a ***, *** and *** /shoulder structure/
if it were semi slick it would be phrased as,
>a semi slick compound that features a low void ratio and large external /shoulder structure/
go back to listening to your 99 red balloon english version maybe you will get a grasp of gods true language one day

The track tyre wearing Giulia gets BTFO by the 365hp M2 and the F80 M3
also FCA fags confirmed illiterates
yet you're still trying to find excuses
now go back to driving your diesel fiat and get rear ended by a semi because you can't even accelerate to 90 kph under 1 minute kek

>99hp 930kg shitbox cant accelerate to 100kmh in under a minute
i know bmwfags were stupid but god damn this is something else
there are 6 sets of 10 seconds in a minute by the way
just sayin

>imb4 "lol baited i was only pretending to be retarded"

The E34 is one of the most reliable BMWs ever made, it's also been called one of the most reliable luxury cars of all time too. A 95' is also the best since it's the final of the model era which is good for any car.

The V8 will also have a fair amount of power too and they corner surprisingly well considering their size. The suspension is also pretty comfy and I'd say the seats are some of the best I've ever sat in.

Just do basic maintenance and it'll run forever.

Keep making shit up.
It uses a semi slick void ratio and a racing tyre uniform trade quality grade.
You are grasping at straws it's pathetic, feel kinda sorry for you.

>semi slick void ratio
>void ratio
okay, im convinced your just trolling
because not even the most stupidest bmwstupidheads are this stupid

but just in case...
LMAO BMWBOY LITERALLY THIS STUPID

>You are grasping at straws
nah im just explaining the english language to a dumb south german faggot
go get raped by refugees you butt head

Dafaq happened to this thread?

ITT: desperate FCA fangirl trying to explain us how semi slicks are not semi slicks

>is it a good idea?
No
>should you?
Yes