Insurance payout for a totaled car?

So I was in an accident today. My car is essentially totaled. An adjuster still hasn't looked at it yet, but it's pretty obvious that it is in fact totaled. The other dude ran a stop sign and I t-boned him, so I'm not at fault. He has Geico and we have AAA. My car is a 2015 Corolla LE, we bought it new for 18k. Ran a KBB check and it's worth $13k used right now. Is this going to be the payout? Cause it's not enough to buy a new car again.

>inb4 buy a 3k Civic
No way in hell would a 3k Civic let me walk away from that accident with no injuries

you are getting 13k max m8y

>mfw i bought a used car for 6900$ and its fully insured and will payout 10k

basically get a used car and shut the fuck up

buy a 2015 corolla LE, thats what the payout will be for, not a new car

this. you didn't wreck a new car. get gap insurance next time

>No injury
You clearly don't know how to milk cash out of insurance

I ain't about to deal with a lawsuit if a doctor finds that I'm faking it.

In a 3k Civic there won't be much faking

Yeah maybe I would like to walk and not live in a wheelchair all my life.

You'll be able to walk, you will probably have to deal with whiplash, concussion, cracked ribs, kidney damage, nausea, digital numbness, anxiety, loss of visual acuity, dizziness, occasional nosebleeds, joint inflammation, tooth decay, sore throat, bronchitis, organ rupture and halitosis.

>I t-boned someone blowing a stop sign
you're just as much as fault as he is, be aware of your surroundings next time and stay off your phone, faggot

I mean, you're sort of right. If the guy who blew the stop sign was speeding as well you could've punched the brakes and get minimal damage. user is still not at fault and has full control over the situation

>No way in hell would a 3k Civic let me walk away from that accident with no injuries
What does price have to do with surviving a crash exactly?

>it's not enough to buy a new car again

You didn't have a new car you dumb nigger.

This.

I realize he's legally in the clear, but I just want him to know he's a shitty driver and that accident was partly his fault.

I agree with that my guy, the chances of t-boning anything are pretty low if you drive aware of your surroundings
He's implying older civics aren't safe, I say that's true but you don't need a safe car to survive an accident if you don't cause one in the first place

Halitosis is the real bank breaker.
>Grab a stool and listen to ol' festus jaw awhile

Sue the other claimant for the rest to replace your car.

I don't think you realize that I was doing 50mph and had absolutely no time to even hit the brakes, AT ALL.

See, This was a hidden drive. And I was going under the speed limit (limit is 55 mph). Not a thing me or any of you could do if you were in the same situation. Literally pulled out of nowhere.

n-nani! double crashu?!!

memes aside you are a pussy nigger what the fuck is a hidden drive? The only justification you can make is if it occurred during the nightime

Where the fuck do you live where you've never seen this sign? Hidden drive means exactly what it says. Everything is hidden from you. You can't see around the corner or down any side roads.

Seems Veeky Forums just shits all over other drivers without realizing they might be the shit driver themselves.

>shit drivers detected
Please stay off the road. You will kill someone.

>13k
>not enough

maybe not to buy a new car like you said but enough to buy an excellent fucking car nonetheless, but wait

>mentioning your corolla's (RIP btw) trim level
>not gutted to the core that you lost a car, just looking for how much your payout will be to get a new one

you're a lost cause, just buy another corolla and wreck it too ya fucker

not sure if you're samefagging. I support you fully in legal action but honestly I wasn't there when this occurred so i can't know if you at least tried
nope, never seen one in my life

Not me, No, I didn't try. I didn't even hit the brakes, no time. He pulled out only like a meter in front of me. I slammed right into his front driver-side tire area. It Completely caved in. I'm just so glad I didn't pull left otherwise it would have been 3 cars not 2.

>I can't read

I mean it's just a car... I don't have feeling towards it. But this car was meant to last me a long time. His insurance won't even approve the rental for another day or 2. Thank god it's the weekend.

post a picture of your corolla's youth in black and white right now.

>youth in black and white
Uhhhhhhhhh.... What?

oh, ok
he meant that you should post a picture of your corolla before the wreck in black and white so we'll pay our respects.

What I'm interested is what the loan.

I assume OP's got a loan for it. How much is left on that loan and what happens if it's more than 13k?

>sign says hidden drive - alerting you to danger
>you let a guy hit you from one
???

I don't even know if I have any pre-wreck pictures. Have to look though my Google Photos.

2k left on it

Hidden drive doesn't mean blow a stop sign

that's the thing, you shift blame instead of answering the question

"oh that guy blew a stop sign"

on a hidden drive, that you were alerted to. what kind of hidden driven even has a stop sign? this smells like bullshit anyway.

>what kind of hidden driven even has a stop sign? this smells like bullshit anyway.
Are you genuinely retarded?
It makes complete sense to legally make you stop at an intersection where one part is hidden from view, to force you to look and make sure you aren't going to plow into someone like OP

retard

nah, most hidden drives are driveways. they don't have to stop.

No they aren't. This one was a road out of a subdivision. The subdivision has a stop sign the main road (the one I'm on) doesn't. He pulled out without checking like you should when there is a stop sign. Hell even a basic rolling stop would've worked. But nope, just pulls out without stopping.

most I've seen are in fact driveways. Anyway your story sounds rock solid. Sue the guy.

also be careful on the road. I wouldn't have wrecked.

Haha, literally everybody in this thread is saying that they wouldn't have wrecked. Hell, before today even I was saying that. When it happens to you, you will realize.

You can fake back injuries, there isn't any way to prove you aren't in back pain.

I claimed back injury casually and got $3k for it because I wasn't going to get the payout for all the new parts my car had. My sister claimed her back was fucked for life and kept fighting and fighting, and she got $26k, meanwhile she has nothing wrong with her back she's just a cunt.

I would've yanked it into the opposite shoulder before the impact. accelerating.

Where do you live, user?
Around me we just have "blind corner" signs

Please kill yourself friend.

>hidden drive
>neither party can see a thing
>OP claims guy ran a stop sign
Are you really this retarded? You just said you couldn't see anything so how do you know if he ran it or if he was waiting. This story is bullshit. 1/10 for making me reply

whether you're at fault or not

the adjuster will do the same check you just did, and that's going to be your payout.

also your insurance will go up as well.

be fucking thankful it's 13k, i lost my nissan earlier this month and my payout is only 4k don't you dare fucking complain about not enough

There was a car in the oncoming lane. This was accident would have been 3 cars had I done that.

Ohio

How do I know he ran it? 2 things. I HIT him. And he admitted it to the cop and got a ticket.

>People crash cars they bought new within the same year, everytime, cars dont go more than a year without an accident.

Do you see how retarded you sound?

kbb values are garbage. check NADA guide
as far as car values, they will generally check what similar vehicles at nearby dealerships are selling for. if you have a car and most of the cars are really uptrimmed at dealers (compared to yours) you'll probably get a higher payment than the car is worth.

the lienholder gets all the money and you owe whatever is left on the loan still if the value of the car is less than the amount of the loan remaining .

Fucking americans, just nuke yourselves already

What the fugg lol you couldn't see and weren't ready with the brakes? Americans will defend this bitch nigga

No.... I couldn't see. It's called HIDDEN drive for a reason.

So you couldn't see and you still weren't ready? Wtf lol for real nigga stop driving

I'm sorry what should I do? Have one foot on the gas and the other on the brake? Seems you aren't even of age to drive. You need to be 18 to use Veeky Forums.

unless you have bodily injury, your max pay out is only gonna be like 13k

What I would do and continually do when I drive, is monitor my surroundings and road conditions, including hidden exits up ahead, and drive at a speed where I can stop for any reasonable hazard.

Speed limit is 55mph. I'm going 50mph. I did monitor. But it's a hidden drive so you have nothing but blind trust. I know there is that stop sign, I drive by it everyday. Someone running a stop is NOT a "reasonable hazard" wtf. A car stopped on the side of the road is. Or maybe a duck crossing the road.

You have more incidents of ducks in the road than blind intersections having other cars in them?

Yes, this is a country road. Everyday I encounter 2 or 3 duck crossings.

>will teh insurance company gibe me free $5k out of the kindness of their heart

loooooooool

you can go to a doctor and ask them to diagnose you with a bad back for a cut of your payout

only certain doctors do it

Let me clear up a few things since no one else did. Gap insurance: Lets say you totalled your car, and the payout was 13K, and you owed 15K. Gap would cover that lost 2k. That isn't your case since you said you only owe a few k on it.

Insurance is only going to pay what book says but they commonly will look at local values as well, i.e. book says 13k but same year, same mileage Corollas routinely sell for 11k in your area, they will take an average. You will have to negotiate and fight like hell.

I doubt your insurance will go up but that will be a fight as well. The police report needs to be crystal clear that he was at fault. Him being ticketed helps.

Your care wasn't new, it was used, so expecting 18k is unreasonable. You take what's left of the payout and use it as a down payment on your next car. There's no free money in the insurance world.

What the shit is "digital numbness"?

Numbness in your digits?

Yeah but a 2k subaru would :^)