Run

Have you? Could you? Would you? And, should you?

I know it's stupid, but I've fantasized about it, and whether I could pull it off...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Yd88whKZ28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes do it, i ran and the cops never caught me i encourage you to run

This. Once they see that you have the balls to run they give up right away cause they don't like to fuck with badasses

They give up because it's usually not worth the energy or risk to chase after you, and police cars are slower than most production cars.

I wouldn't run, but they wouldn't catch me if I did.

I """ran""" once.

>Dickhead cuts me off and almost wipes me out
>Lay on the horn
>Had a really fucking shit day, can see they're on the phone
>They start speeding away from me
>Accelerate to their speed, about 30kph over
>Tailgating them
>See cop coming the other way
>Fuck
>Break hard, then let off as they pass so they don't see my lights
>Cop points at me as he goes past
>Was tailgating so hard he wouldn't be able to see my front plate
>Cop does u turn just behind me
>Immediately whip into side streets I know well before he completes the turn, hoping he didn't catch my rear plate
>Hear sirens
>Evasive maneuvers intensify
>They stop fairly quickly
>Wait 5 minutes, then pull back out into same road
>Cop gave up on me, went for the other bloke who just sat at the lights

Only did it because the cop didn't show his lights to me first. Nothing came of it and I got out of a fucking expensive fine.

Something to know:

Most US counties have a police rule that prohibits them from chasing someone evading arrest if there is a risk to public safety unless you have killed someone or something of that nature. Still, they'll probably chase you anyway. If you're in the boonies and can go over 140mph, you'll win - assuming they haven't read your plate number.

I can't think of an instance where it'd be worth it for me to run. I'd love to try it sometime though. Maybe if I'm ever living in a podunk town where I'm best buds with the sheriff and the chief I'll give it a shot on the assumption they'd let me off if they caught me.

why the fuck is the mirror on the hood of the car? I'm so confused.

Ah, the point. Got that in a residential doing 45. Not sure if he turned around - he couldn't easily on the narrow road he passed me - because my apartment was a minute away and I gunned it.

its an interior view of a rear view mirror...

Can you outrun a Motorola?

Used to run all the time on foot with my friends as young teens. As an adult, I wouldn't run in a car or on my bike at all. I have too much to lose.

but it's on the hood of the gotdam cop car. Where is the viewer located? This is fucked. I don't know what to do.

Almost never. I will punch it bit the second i see lights hands out the window and off.

>muh 10mph over ticket
>muh felony evading...

Caint outrun the radio lads

Honestly the only time I think it is worth running is if you're on a sport motorcycle of some sort. It isn't even a matter of top speed, it's just that you can accelerate to 150mph~ so fucking fast that the head start you have will pretty much let you just calmly get off at the next exit and there is zero chance they can see you

>Have you?
No, I'm not a nigger
>Could you?
Yes, police cars are stock and base model in my 3rd world country. Would not recommend trying to run from a police charger in the US though
>Would you?
No, see first answer, i'd rather pay a fine than get jail time
>And, should you?
See above

The only chance to run is going offroad innawoods.

Under pressure of chase you'll crash your bike pretty fast.

Yes, I've ran. Speed trap on interstate, county sheriff's have shitbox impala interceptors.
>dive from left lane doing 95 over to next exit as they come around
>slide in front of truckerfag as they begin to approach
>he blocks them behind himself on one-lane exit
>pace the light so it goes red just after I get through
>gtf home and garage park, extra mile on city streets but w/e
Yeah I ran. I got lucky that everything played in my favor and it wasn't worth it to them to call it in. Don't recommend it.

>Could you? Would you? And, should you?

Computers are starting to revolutionize my city's police cruisers.

My local police have been transitioning to automated computer scanners to supplement the policeman's eyes. The scanner checks more than the plate as it tries to identify the make and model of car. If the police camera has your plate, or the computer scanner has your plate, or the policeman's eyes caught your plate, then you are cooked. They show up at your house later to arrest you for running.

The computer scanner has more range than the policeman's eyes at reading plate numbers. It's pretty efficient since it pops up on a screen which cars have tickets, if the car's owner has warrant, if the tabs are expired, etc. The only thing they need now is to overcome the privacy law that lets the police know ahead of time if you have auto insurance or not. That would let them stop a lot of people on the road for some pretty expensive citations.

now THIS is shitposting

Used to run on foot/on bike as a kid for harmless stuff. In a car, it's always evasion. If I see a cop suspisciously pull out behind me, I'll try to duck into a neighborhood. Only time I've "run" was when I was running late for work and pulled onto the highway onramp only to see construction vehicles starting to set up and guys setting down cones. Drove past them anyway and two state patrol cars coming across the overpass put their lights on, but they were cucked by the construction vehicles backing up all over the road while I managed to slip through. Got up to 100 and got off at the next exit. Still made it to work on time.

>Have you?
yes (bike)
>Could you?
yes (bike)
>Would you?
did once, wouldn't recommend to much paranoia afterwards.
>should you?
no

The Spaghetti Lord can pull it off. You should be able to too.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Yd88whKZ28

>If the police camera has your plate, or the computer scanner has your plate, or the policeman's eyes caught your plate, then you are cooked.
There's also traffic light video camera records for that day. Or plates might be visible from bank and store security cameras if the police guess that car had to pass by certain places even before the chase began.

>Have you?
No
>Could you?
With a top speed of 185km/h? There is like one road in a 20km radius where I can shake them, maybe. So no.
>Would you?
No. Would only cost more.
>And, should you?
No.

I have successfully, but if they're in a position to see your liscense plate with their cameras and the car can be traced to you running is pretty foolish unless you have a dead body in your trunk or a bunch of hard drugs or something. If you do run from them you definitely want to know the surrounding area, be sure you aren't going to get caught up in traffic, and have a place to hide your car/can get out of the jurisdiction shortly after you escape from the initial pursuit.

t. nigger

>in college riding a sweet cherry 1994 rf600r I got for 1800 bucks
>left late friday night on a 3 hour drive to visit my grandparents
>last 45 minutes are on a road that is completely straight for 100 miles, like you can see the end of it.
>speed limit 45 mph since its in the country.
>LOL FUCK THAT DOIN 90 BRO

>pass a cop going the other way, he flips his lights on and immediately goes for the U turn.
>Since im on a bike there is no forward plate, and he must have been doing at least 45 the opposite way so I know he can't immediately see my plate
> punch my HW era bike out to about 145 for a while until the lights are in the distance.
> turn off my lights and whip through some side streets I knew since I grew up there
>sketch as fuck since there are dirt roads.

>get my bike home, put it into the garage on the back end of the lot (spare one for tractors and stuff).

Pretty adrenaline inducing, but I think the cop gave up pretty quickly. He looked to have been in some early 2000s SUV so I lost him pretty quick I imagine.

>Dutton Garage
my nig