/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 16th:
116 – Emperor Trajan sends laureatae to the Roman Senate at Rome on account of his victories and being conqueror of Parthia.
1249 – Andrew of Longjumeau is dispatched by Louis IX of France as his ambassador to meet with the Khagan of the Mongol Empire.
1936 – Elections bring the Popular Front to power in Spain.
1940 – World War II: Altmark Incident: The German tanker Altmark is boarded by sailors from the British destroyer HMS Cossack. 299 British prisoners are freed.

>News
CK2 DD41 - Secret Religious Cults
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

EU4 - 14/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-february-2017.999636/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12353816
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858460802
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based.

And white.

3rd for Willy

W&B

>dictator
delete this

Also ignore /pol/ tier posts. Let's not have any racism in this thread ladies.

Agree x1

Agree x2

Take it to /pol/ this is a leftist board.

This but unironically

I wasn't being ironic

get nigger

Helpful x1

Agree

Holy FUCK what a waste of money.

Conclave is fucking HORRIBLE, its the most anti-fun expansion I think I have ever played, its absolutely garbage.

Are these god-tier borders? Or is there more that I should do?

I never played without Conclave. I heard you can just get your sons and daughters guaranteed Grey Eminence and Midas Touched whereas now it's not a sure thing. Is that why you don't like it?

release england you knob
and tidy up the french border

heyo.

This, grand strategy is supposed to be a genre of intellectuals.

I can't 'clean up' the French borders without ch**ting.
I mainly meant to ask if I should do anything in the east.

>NBC poll

If he has Saxony he has to have England since you are all Saxons.

Lombards were Germans so take northern Italy.

>he actually fell for the Anglo propaganda

Take Switzerland of course, it ruins all Großgermaniums

strawpoll.me/12353816

Impossible now that Italy is an Axis member.

You have failed your ancient brethren. Now their purity falls to the subhuman hordes like the Vandals and countless others before them.

Just two more votes are needed.

King Peranudet 'the Bold' of the Order of the Hospitaller Knights has the audacity to proclaim himself 'King of Burgundy'. What's more, with the recent Paulician crusade against the formerly Teutonic Lowlands, there are rumors that the upstart King will pledge fealty to the first Emperor of the Italian-centric 'Holy Roman Empire'. With the 72 year old King of Aquitane on his deathbed, an opportunity may present itself for the Hjemlandar Patriarch and Emperor to call for another great crusade against the Catholic Europe....

The final vote was 4 for England, and 3 for eating Scotland

""""United"""" Kingdom

>Be glorious United Kingdom
>be the strongest nation on earth
>What? Some faggot with a weird mustache just declared war on our friend Poland
>declare war on his ass
>your loyal friend France also declares war on him
>oh shit, Poland got conquered in just over a week
>Oh well, me and France have got this
>they blow their way through the Maginot Line
>oh fuck
>France BTFO'd in just over a month
>oh shit nigger, deploy the fleet!
>oh shitballs! they've got a fuckton of battleships!
>lose two aircraft carriers and five battleships in a matter of weeks
>the fuckers land troops at Dover
>shit! mobilize everything!
>they're already in London
>now they're in Manchester
>and southampton
>you are completely overrun in less than a month
>the war ends after only five months
>you're empire is completely dismantles, and the isles are split up
>the Germans decide to keep your heartland, while releasing Scotland and giving Ireland your land
>next year, the Germans decide that we are no longer any kind of threat, and install a pupper government
>tfw you're not even strong enough be occupied anymore
>tfw you have no chance of rising up
>tfw all hope is lost

I've managed to fuck up a lot, but this first Russia run I've done has been really fun and weird so far
>all this fucking manpower that ticks 1k+ per month
I mean, who fucking cares if I'm behind tech and lose fights on equal footing because lolrussia if I can just send twice the men my enemies can into any battle and still have a shitload of manpower left? Poland has an army of 30k and 0 manpower just after losing 11 provinces to me, I'm ready to kick Ottomeme ass any time, they have 6k manpower but an actual army of 100k.

What should I build in my empty county holdings?

things that give money
then things that increase the amount of troops you can muster

Liqour factories

how did I do

thats russian tactics in eu4, send wave after wave of your own men at them until they reach their limit and shut down.
Also beating up weaker asian nations for money and prestige

like a 8.5/10, some better puppet managment would have been nicer but overall great

Are there any games that focus on China or Japan in the 1000-1450~ periods of history?

I wanted to play those alongside my CK2 megacampaign, so that asia will be different in response to india and europe being different, when I mod everything into EU3, but Sengoku and the Japan Mod for CK2 are all EU era, and the only China mod is 3 Kingdoms era.

La Plata

No, I dont like it because it makes Vassals and your council a real chore and not fun or intuitive in anyways because of that pure -40 opinion if your imbecile and useless vassal isnt on it.

Alright guys, should I go for Barbarossa? If so, what should I do to the gommies?

Well then you just have to...
Git gud faggot!

Proper thread

>Großcroatiums

Very nice. Do provinces with Serbian culture still exist? I hope not.

Rate my meme

I literally started this game on the 14th after reading
>1349 – Several hundred Jews are burned to death by mobs while the remaining Jews are forcibly removed from Strasbourg.

So I started an Alsace game. Now I want to do some sort of "confederation on the Rhine" meme.

I'm reformed btw and secularized (tip)

Based Erdogan

t.urk

>t. Urk

Shut up, turks are based

Watermelons are delicious and based

It's probably some silly Arab proverb that nobody else understands.

>tfw you're an Islamist extremist so you try to move your largely secular country back towards being an insane theocratic dictatorship but even that isn't enough for the Arabs and they still hate you for not being Muslim enough.

>turks

>based

Great news in the Western Front!

The Italians completely broke apart near Milan, letting the combined Austro-Bulgarian force get through, so far the Axis has gotten up to the French border, but there is still almost no resistance. Romagna so far has stayed steadfast, although they are taking massive casualties in the process.

The Libyan front went okay, we lost almost everything, and then regained all the territory up to Benghazi. I'm pulling the Bulgarian Army from Africa and am moving them to Germany, where they will hopefully lack the supply problems that made the Libyan Campaign such a slog.

France hasn't changed at all in Germany, although Corsica was recently partly taken over, so there's that.

Yes, and white

>disabling conclave

GAS THE KIKES
RACE WAR NOW

Turks are black.

>pressing dejure claim on single county ruler
>he dies during battle, leader of a huge revolt inherits, war ends

>fighting holy war against nomad
>he dies during battle, his kingdom splits up, war stuck at 100% and can't peace out because the title no longer exists

Holy fuck this is retarded

t. jewhan

"It's hard to know the quality of a person, or a watermelon."
So watermelon sellers shouldn't be trusted?

>Wars rely on you pressing claims instead of just invading their land and taking whatever you can hold because they can't stop you, even if you're a pagan or anything else that doesn't give a shit about feudal aristocracy.

No. Turks are white and based

Any good tutorials for Darkest Hour?

It's probably my favourite gs in THEORY because I love the time period of WW2 - Early Cold War but I just don't fucking understand the UI or anything.

I'll help you learn if you're cute

Not even close, its badly designed.

tfw no EU:Rome without the retarded cascading alliances
;__;

Stop it you're embarrassing me.

Like, I get pressing lineage-based claims getting fucked up when people involved die and succession orders/etc get fucked up.

But pressing dejure claims, claims based on reclaiming certain land historically belonging to you, shouldn't be affected by who holds the land, and thus the defender dying shouldn't affect things. If the land does pass to another ruler, there should be an option to say: "hey, so we want this land. You can keep fighting your predecssors war, or you can just hand it over."

Similarly, Holy Wars should only end if the targeted area comes under the control of your own religion. If I declare a war against a Sunni King and his kingdom breaks up into Sunni duchies halfway through, the war shouldn't end. Similarly, if a targeted pagan duchy gets absorbed into a larger kingdom that's sunni, or a different pagan religion or whatever, the war should continue.

But she is Turkish.

Shut up, kurd. You can't change the facts

Historically, even with the first, you would still have a chance to press your claim. Either by capturing the newly crowned king or having his people turn against him to support your claim.

But see , it says Turkish.

I will never believe your disgusting "kurdish" lies.

Alrighty

daily reminder that westerners piss their pants whenever they see a turkish bull

Are T*rks honorary Europeans?

white & based

Only if you're German.

did nothing wrong

nice dying general you got there lads. also here is a gROB mod. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858460802

Not all heroes wear capes

shit

Ded general?

/gsg/ is kill

When will Meiou 2.0 come out. I want to play a custom Pirate nation near China and ruin the smaller countries, take them over and grow large enough to take over China.

>unless you have 4 times as many troops and an advisor to boost disipline you lose every single EUIV battle

I love this MEEM

Holy shit, the French actually lost their German territories, this war might not be so hopeless after all.

pls keep giving updates, I'm interested in you game. I must ask tho, why don't you retire some units to free up manpower?
sounds like someone need to get gud