Discuss

Discuss

literally an LED powered by the cigarette lighter, if anything, it makes fuel economy worse by using power and existing in the car

Works great if you also use an aftermarket muffler bearing

What's there to discuss?
It's what said.
They make money with dumb people.

And lighter blinker fluid for weight reduction

That too, thanks for reminding me helpful user! I think my car is up for a blinker fluid change soon.

Works best with the Kaleco O-Pipe for max performance.

>google Kaleco O-Pipe
>end up in the Kaleco website
>find this
rotflmao even those guys laugh at the idea of FWD "luxury" cars

NOT FUNNY!

loooool

Haven't heard about this until just now.

Lmfao people actually are this stupid? God damn it makes my head hurt. I can see not knowing every last detail about your car, but being COMPLETEY ignorant to how it works is fucking dumb.

IT'S MAAAAAAAAGIC

>Please refrain from making left or right turns once this kit is installed

kek

top lel

fucking lel, I hadn't opened the item description
it's genius lmfao

I've seen enough teardowns of home use "power savers" to instantly assume it was a cap-in-a-box.
Thanks for confirming

>people who bought this also bought the fucking Chinese anitvirus-on-a-stick.
Shocking.
Go and read the amazon reviews on this thing for a good laugh

just curious, how much does this thing cost in terms of materials
how much fucking money are they making selling these

Less than a dollar for the electronics assuming you get them bulk from China and probably less than a dollar for the case itself, also from china. Even if you sold it for $15 it's be a killer sale. Of course we can't sell it that low or else it'd look like a cheap piece of shit so jack up the price a bit. Easiest shit on the planet to make money off of, not unlike those performance chips you see everywhere.

couple bucks, tops
the advertising is easily more expensive than the materials

Chinese will make and sell anything along with a full money back warranty. Of course, they never respond with the refund.

The chinks will sort you out for a couple bucks.
www.aliexpress.com/item/Portable-Car-Fuel-Saver-Save-On-TV-Gas-Fuel-Economizer-Save-Gas-Features-for-Vehicles-1PC/32638439772.html
>doesn't even have an LED to make you think it's doing shit and basically amounts to a hunk of plastic that just plugs the slot up

kek

Oh god, imagine buying something similar for you car...
>FASTER STARTUPS
>IMPROVED COOLING AND LUBIRCATION
>FASTER DRIVING
>MAKE YOU CAR DRIVE LIKE NEW
It will even do the oil changes for you.

20 cent tops. There is no way this costs anywhere close to a dollar.

At least it's a Rubycon. I mean, if it's not a couterfeit Rubycon (which it probably is) then it's at least a decent make of cap.

lmfao

I have ~600F of capacitors in my car (starts the car in place of a battery), and there's no performance boost of any kind (aside from being completely immune to the cold when starting the engine), so I can confidently say that 0.001F will do absolutely fuck all.

YOU'RE the guy with supercaps in his car in place of his battery. I can't believe it's still going and that you havent killed the battery by leaving the ignition on for 10 seconds!!

Capacitors have to be valued according to the other loads to be effective though, there's a sweet spot, there's too much inductance and there's too much capacitance too

Josh get out

No such thing as too much capacitance in a power supply if the ESR is low enough.

If you're building a filter for a particular frequency, however, it's completely different of course.

Meh, it has enough juice to crank the engine for like 20 seconds. It does tend to run itself down over a period of a few days if the doors are locked though. Worked around that by putting an old, used battery in the trunk and tying it in with a piece of ethernet cable. The cable never passes any real current, just keeps the capacitors from discharging while it sets. Also, I'm kind of surprised anybody remembers, lol.

You mad bastard. I haven't heard of this. Any pictures?

>I have ~600F of capacitors in my car (starts the car in place of a battery)

Not at the moment.
I might take one tomorrow if this thread's still here and if I feel like it.

Life's more fun when you do crazy things once in a while. I've replaced my laptop's fan and heatsink without even shutting it down, and am in the process of designing a high voltage solar electric supply for my house (turns out 350V DC can create a surprisingly long arc, and vaporize a bit of copper at less than 5A). Even more fun when things could explode or catch fire.

>No such thing as too much capacitance in a power supply
my bad user, sorry. I was thinking of AC circuits where capacitors of the right capacitance are used to correct the power factor.

salesman tries to sells you "paint protection package" for 3000% markup, you negotiate down to just 1000% markup because you're smart

I've seen many otherwise smart people pay $199, $399, etc.., for the dealer to apply $10 of clear coat sealer to a new car.

What about ceramic coating though?

I realized I misremembered the capacitance and redid the math. It's actually ~433F, not 600. Close enough.

placebo, fake bullshit

Hue Hue Hue

Why not use them in parallel with the battery?

Yo wtf what am i looking at

My battery was getting really weak during the winter a few years back, so I decided to try an interesting experiment. It's now completely immune to the cold and will fire right up like it's the middle of summer when it's actually -16°F with a foot of snow on the ground. I could probably also jump-start a big-rig if I wanted.

It is, as mentioned above about the ethernet cable (that's the blue wire in the pic).

Six enormous capacitors in place of a battery.

whats the discharge rate on those things?

how long before it wouldn't turn the starter?

Kek, nice. How much did it cost you to do?

aren't these more of a scam though?

protip

the only one of those things that ever worked was the Energy Polarizer

it was endorsed by a legit race driver with several high profile victories

why

they work they just arent the best

>why
>
>they work they just arent the best

what is a good price for a dyno?

there is a shop in Tampa that does a dyno tune for $100 an hour, is that a ripoff?

that probably depends on what ECU is being used and the like

thats a pretty average price tho

keep in mind you will probably spend 4-800

it is a bone stock 2014 mustang gt and I want to see what I could get out of a dyno tune

you would probably be better off with a mail order tune than going to a dyno as far as value goes

>It is, as mentioned above about the ethernet cable (that's the blue wire in the pic).
I meant with a battery that actually holds charge lol

The self discharge? Not sure, but probably negligible. With no battery and the doors locked, the alarm draws like 20mA and will run it down within about 1.5 days. Doors unlocked lasts longer, probably a few days. It did successfully start the engine at 8 volts once. With the battery in the trunk, it'll last until it's very, very dead.

Mostly laziness. I didn't feel like running a fat wire to the trunk at the time so I just threw together what I had on hand, and the ethernet cable works well enough to keep it from discharging.

I meant a battery under the hood next to the capacitors. Long wires are best avoided.