Board tourist from /r9k/

board tourist from /r9k/
just got evicted from my apartment and am living in a car
how can i boil water using my car to cook ramen and tendies?

general car living trips general?

bls no bully

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLA2hTuXLig
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best thing to do is get a propane stove and gas cans, and use that for cooking (outside only of course)

Otherwise, either build a fire or burn a gallon of gas revving your motor so you can cook on the engine

if youre gonna try cooking on the engine, use the exhaust headers, you probably wont need to rev

can i use the 12v adapter to power you kettle? i don't really want to deal with fire because that seems dangerous

Find a 12v DC outlet to 120v house plug converter on it so you can plug in a low power electric kettle.

Higher wattage is better.

can i use a power bar with that so i have 5 outlets on it too?

You'd exceed the capacity of the cigarette lighter and blow the fuse pretty quick. I wouldn't.

what's a fuse and what happens if it blows? is it dangerous? how can i use my kettle then

A fuse is a protection device for a circuit. If the current draw is too high or it shorts, there's a little tiny bit of metal inside the fuse that will melt at the rated amperage (say 30A or so.) A blown fuse will create an open in the circuit and it won't work again until the fuse is replaced. The fuse blows to prevent the wiring from getting too hot and melting/starting a fire.

You'll want to find either a kettle that draws a low amount of current or one that just already is made to run off of 12v in a car in the first place.

one kettle plugged in will be fine.
ive had vaccumes plugged in before.
I imagine you could even use a microwave.

Some of this inverters need to be connected to the battery directly. Most of the ones that use a cigarette lighter socket are 200 watts max.

>drain oil
>drain coolant
>place pan w/ water and ramen on engine fart tubes.
>rev to 4500RPM for 5 minutes.
>eat ramen

SiDe NoTe works gud wit breakfast in bed wit hoes.

How do I get to that?

walmarts are generally chill about using their parking lots overnight, if that's an issue.
dress warmly to save on heating.
red lentils are cheap protein that cooks pretty quickly. don't waste money on carby fillers like rice or white flour products that won't keep you full.
also, what kind of car do you have, and do you have an interesting eviction story or are you just broke?

About $100 can get you a 1500 watt inverter which would be more than enough juice for a hot plate or coffee maker or toaster or even a little fridge. Downside is it will rape your battery quickly if the car is off so risk vs reward if you want to save gas and risk your car not starting. As other user said a camping propane grill is your best bet in this case. Just stock up on Coleman tanks when they go on sale or buy a 20lb tank and a brass adapter for $5.

This is all very good camping / roadtripping advice, too.

what car do you have?

Anyway watch this dudes video and take some inspiration from him

He makes use of his Honda Civic sedan.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLA2hTuXLig

The 12V adapters don't give all that much amperage. Above 10 amps and you start to get them hot. They are really meant for accessories.

The reason why you see higher wattage power inverters is because they were meant to be directly wired (thru a fuse) to the battery.

Homeless living in cars needing to heat water check out study rooms in the local public library and heat water in there. Or they use propane which is pretty cheap for how long it lasts. They do not run their car battery down because keeping the battery fully charged is a big problem since they don't drive around a lot.

i lost my job in a city i moved to because of new job. no friends of family here but the job said they could consider me after 3 months and its been 1 month already. i've been sleeping in the car park since i used to talk to the security guard down here and he said it's cool as long as you put up blinders so people don't see you so it's been alright.

i'm just bored a lot and bretty stupid
aren't these dangerous to have in cars? i'm literally afraid of fire.

>aren't these dangerous to have in cars? i'm literally afraid of fire.
Propane and all open flame is meant to be used outdoors. And some places have pretty cheap propane refills.

The most dangerous thing you encounter is robbery. If other homeless find out you have a car, they will beat you up and march you over to the car and then they will loot it. Many homeless are people released from jail or prison, so they are pretty callous and able to go from smiling to knifing you in one instant. If you think that doesn't happen, it's because most homeless deaths or murders are NOT reported in local news. That's how it is in my city. Homeless rapes, homicides, and more are not reported in the news unless there is some special reason for it or they randomly put it on to show they are "caring" about all news.

Is America really that bad? Inner city or downtown core, right?

This makes me believe that large cities really shouldn't exist.

>literally afraid of fire
lmao why

just move back in with mommy and new daddy and earn enough GBP to get that bitch to make you tendies.

you wont last long without your loli u fukkin pedo scum

>not trading in your GBP for mummy cummies

y r u bully ;_;

what did i do to you. parents are 1200miles away and i don't have enough gas to get there so hopefully the job hires me back

i got burned as a child and now it spooks me. but i think i can use a butane burner from walmart for 30 dollars or something

Do like your idol Eggy and neck yourself

who's eggy

>calls himself a robot
>doesn't know who eggman is

Back to plebbit with you

don't know how serious you are about the food but please consider something other than ramen and tendies. despite the low price per cup it does a piss poor job of filling you up and is very unhealthy. Go to chipotle get a chicken bowl and ask for everything under the sun (since the only thing you pay for is meat and guac) if you are pretty conservative this should last you about 2-3 days for $7 and is much healthier

There are lots of stores that are better priced than Walmart Supercenter for the same items. For example, on the west coast area, Winco and Grocery Outlet have interesting items that are healthy to eat and not everything needs to be cooked.

depends on the city tbdesu.

wait, did you get the job and get laid off, r did they never actually get hired?

:(
i got told by reddit to unironically go to /r9k/. then they told me to leave when i found a job. can i become Veeky Forumstist?

i got hired. but they laid off after 3 months and gave me a sevrance package of like $2000 that i have to use to live with unemployment.

that is expensive and far away.

>can I become an Veeky Forumstist?
We already have a shit ton of bus riding NEETfags and vandwellers, you'll fit right in

>busriders
They don't actually come on this board, do they?

/n/ leaks everywhere, its worse than /pol/

Fuck off retard, are you special needs or something? You don't have a chance.

>sevrance package of like $2000 that i have to use to live with
So just go home then, whats the problem

Make these before you need them. They will drop the in car temp by 15 degrees F(reedom). Its just cardboard tinfoil and tape.

this is how you melt the seals around your windows

but i want my job when they give it back to me in 2-3 months

>TFW $2000 is literally 5 months of living for me and I don't live in a car or my parents house
Have you tried just not buying a bunch of stupid useless shit?

>so you can cook on the engine
As impractical as the physical form factor makes it, you don't want to raise the hood. That is a big flag that attracts unwelcome attention.

>Have you tried just not buying a bunch of stupid useless shit?
Maybe he doesnt live in a homeless shelter like you do?

How the fuck do you survive off of $400 a month
Like what the fuck
Unless you live in some third world shit hole and are talking USD

I live in Oregon and I'm talking about USD, so yes. I have three roommates so my share of the rent is $250. $40-70 for utilities depending on heating, $30 phone bill (unlimited data!), $30 insurance (up from $18/month since I was in an accident two years ago), food is free up to $190/month (thanks, Obama! I was spending $70/month before), I spend practically nothing on toiletries thanks to bulk double-edge safety razor blades and miswak sticks, and I hear no shampoo is in vogue with the fashion conscious these days. Honestly, I don't see what everyone manages to spend so much money on.

quit being a little faggot

You live very frugally bro
You don't go out? Buy nice things for yourself etc?
There's no way I could live on that much but then again I'm from sydney australia where it costs $12- $24 for a decent meal (takeaway or eat in) and a can of coke is $2 if you're lucky

It's a giant effort and time waster to cook food. Buy food which does not require cooking instead.

BTW caffeine pills are cheaper than coffee and nicotine gum is cheaper than tobacco. Both are less effort. You should not need food or coffee or other rituals. Consume, digest, defecate.

I do, but its simple for me to scale back if required. Bringing my spending below $400 is as simple as not spending money on things I don't need.