/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

Deserted - Edition

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Is it P2W?
Yes if you're willing to drops hundreds of dollars. Three critical things that will aid you in progression are having 4 pets which you can buy with real money or in game money, buying weight limit increases with either loyalty or real money, and artisan memories which you can buy with either loyalty or real money. These items are more accessible when spending real money considering the marketplace is sparse regarding pets and loyalty takes longer to get than real world cash.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>Enhancement Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

cassardis.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/cqiCM
imgur.com/a/FZmwV
imgur.com/a/2zvPG
imgur.com/a/n3eKO
imgur.com/a/DaetP
imgur.com/a/jq06Q
imgur.com/a/jA4UM
imgur.com/a/iY50t
youtube.com/watch?v=DoU3D7Ws2rk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post your husbandos

Why do lvl 58 witches that can oneshot me come to Elric Shrine and fill my baby ranger's butt with lightning goop?
Is there any point in grinding there in 2017
;(

its literally as good as sausans now

This guy's face reminds me of something and it's hurting me trying to remember what it is.

Haven't played him since late 2016 and left him at lv40.
Maybe I should boost him while I can still use the bonus EXP servers

Attendance awards when?

Prove it or it's a lie.

its lie

*enojys my money*

Aaron Paul?

justin chatwin
played goku in that shit DBZ live action

No, it's not that. It's some guy from a meme or something with a long neck and small head... it's just so uncanny. I can't remember it.

the Veeky Forums guy?

Don't think so. This is going to bug the shit out of me though.

Xth for hunting. And looking for friends to hunt/have a good time.

Get on your knees and suck.

Any good templates witches with elf ears?

post ranger baby butt

What does hunting give you? I've never done it before.

Are you NA?

She has her mouth full of cock right now, ask again later.

That's fun
At first the usual meat/EXP, But after a while I started getting Lots of crystals for armor. which range from 80-900K. And also Armor/weapon black stones. There's also a chance for Hard/Sharps too.

NA or EU?

>cummies on belt
nice.

The fjord (if it's called that) of Valencia's harbor is super comfy at dawn!

I'd like to start hunting khalk again, and start hunting whales.
Used to do Khalk with one other but, 45min to kill him is boring as fug

if you're on NA, of course.

but that's ancado city

INCOMING
ERP valk cassardis.imgur.com/
Titty Kuno imgur.com/a/cqiCM
Milfsorc imgur.com/a/FZmwV
Cyclops imgur.com/a/2zvPG
Tattoo imgur.com/a/n3eKO
DrowLewds imgur.com/a/DaetP
CutestTamer imgur.com/a/jq06Q
Horsefucker imgur.com/a/jA4UM
Creepshots imgur.com/a/iY50t

ancado aint a city its a harbor

Yeah and I'm assuming it's Valencia's west side harbor!

you're not wrong

Why in the world is liverto so much cheaper than kzarka?
Is blasting all my money on a DUO liverto bow retarded?

i'd go tri awakening weapon before upgrading the pre-awakening from yuria

if you've already got a decent awakening weapon, then it's a good idea

What class is the most fun?

Aha, that makes all the sense in the world in regards to priority.

Then, it's just to decide if I want to commit my cash to ranger, or boost a new char.

Hmm, depends on your play style

What classes have the best clear time post-awakening? I googled this and saw that for the most part, Ranger/Berserker/Warrior were recommended, but that was before witch/wizard awakenings were released. Now that they are, which class would clear/farm the fastest?

Actually, I don't care much for Ranger/Berserker, and I'm iffy about Warrior, so would it be safe to say Witch/Wiz/Sorc/Musa are the best options for farming otherwise? I have a Maewha at awakening right now but I feel like I'm cleaning up stragglers too often, I'd like a lot more AoE.

Also why can't witches have lightning & water as their awakening elements?

Can I just use Kaia till I get a Kzarka?

I like Valkyrie; some people say it's boring. Who knows?

I don't think valkyrie is boring at all, pre-awakening it was one of the more enjoyable classes for me. Sucks that their awakening is pretty shit desu when everyone else just gets stronger

Fun is subjective, just try different things and decide for yourself what is fun.

But i'd take a look at some video of the different classes awakened playstyle, since some classes change drastically.

Yeah the awakening is pretty shit but it's probably the most creative one out of all of them.

Ranger, witch, wizard, tamer, sorc

>Ranger
>Tamer
>No Musa
What are you doing?

>musa
Go ahead and play one of the shittiest classes because I don't care.

>Awakening Musa
>Anything but 2nd best farming class only behind Wizard
k

Picking this cat was a mistake.

>>Anything but 2nd best farming class only behind Wizard
Obviously you play musa and in denial about how shitty he is.

what the hell have you been feeding him?

>implying I'd play male no matter how good they are

I'm pretty sure he feeds on my soul.
It seems the one posted before me has begun the process on that poor witch as well.

I wanna get this game but I need to know how big it is to download and how big are the updates(I dont have fast internet sub 200kbs). Any have a rough idea or any idea?

It will take you 80 hours to download this game.

Thanks user. Do you have any strong opinion on which out of witch/wiz or sorc is most fun?

How would you say musa is either good or bad? My musa is 54 and obviously I could use my Maewha's gear on it, so it's actually the easiest option for me to switch to but I hear conflicting things about them so I don't know

52gb though game requires you to have 106gb free for future updates

kr is fucking 100gb? i don't have room on my ssd for that wtf

Rip I guess I need to move if I want to play this~

musa is ridiculously fast as clearing in pve
pretty bad in pvp but not garbage tier like tamer/valk/kuno/ninja

>finally reached 56 and awakened my char
>i like it way better before awakening

I hate this game.

Pu it back to sleep, lmao

Wake yourself up inside

Anyone got one of them gift code game things they are willing to share?
Wanna start the game, but too poor..

did servers just go down

hello bdo general, I'm a new player like 3 days in. I got this item picture related and wasn't sure if I should keep for future use or sell. Also any recommended guides for doing node stuff? I'm almost lvl 30 and no one wants to talk to me because I haven't been connecting nodes.

>tfw really need a single piece of event furniture to finish my house
Fuck this game.

>hasnt done node stuff
I don't want to talk to you

Holy shit that's crazy rare!

Just kidding. You can buy that from NPCs at 100k

Ways to decrease amount of pop-in that isn't using an ssd and putting the game in high-end mode?

Fucking useless piece of shit tier 2 pet fuck breeding fuck this game fuck kakao

I didn't see any beginner quests explaining nodes sorry. It's kind of weird how much they hold your hand on the combat stuff early game then just throw you into the whole worker node mogul empire biz.
It's rare to me!
o-oh I didn't realize, thank you

>crystal
just sell it.

>node stuff
desu there isn't much to it. Just for a laugh, go to Velia. Connect one of the farms next to it that has potatoes (go up to the node manager or via the map if you have a value pack running and pick "connect node"). After that, go in the node and click on one of the potato farming things and put a contribution point in to that.

Next go back to Velia and find the Worker guy. You'll roll for a worker (pretty much every town gives you a 'free' worker you don't have to have housing for). Orange is the best, yellow is good, blue is okay, green and white are trash tier (but at least green has a chance to git gut). Don't sweat it too much, try to get like a green or higher human your first time 'round.

Okay, now you got a worker. Throw him on to that potato farm (map -> click the node -> click the potatoes -> assign worker). Make him do it 50k times. Obviously he has stamina and can't actually farm it 50k times, but you can be lazy and let him farm until he's exhausted.

Tomorrow look up how to make beer. Dulfy.net has some guides on that. Use those potatoes to make beer to feed your worker so he gets more potatoes.

thanks for the tip senpai

my worker will be an AA certifiable alcoholic by tomorrow

If you check the OP links one of them is the "BDO bible" which you should check out as a new player because BDO has a lot of in-depth systems that are more difficult for people to explain than you would think (hence why most people won't explain nodes to you - but the bible goes over that)

I don't want to know how many BDO hours I spent at release just idling and reading parts of the BDO bible to learn all the different aspects of BDO, but it really is that good as a source of learning the game.

Quit wow and im bored

is this game dead

am i a fag for wanting to play sorcerer

No one is gonna drop 10 bucks if they don't know you'll get to 30 so they can get the pet, user

Yes.

Only queers play that.

Make a warrior to experience true gameplay.

Thanks user

I just dislike how things are gender locked.
I always feel like such a fag playing a girl and this game forces me.

I'm downloading it tonight so Ill watch some videos but I dont want to be an anime girl

Why is warrior true gameplay?

So how big is the black spirit quest rework? Any opinions?

Trust me senpai, I'll be a legend before you know it.

*fäm

I skipped a significant amount of quests and when I logged on after the patch I had close to 10 inventory expansions instantly

NA
Thanks.
It's not bad.

I did all the black spirit quests and I didn't get any inventory boxes, L56 here

I got a bunch of weapon boxes and serendian soldier costumes, but that's it

I currently have a +15 Yuria Longbow, and only 150m in liquid assets. Should I get a Liverto DUO, or a DUO Awakening weapon?

dunno they popped up when I logged in today and the rewards came from the black spirit. I think one of them was related to killing Manshas or possibly something in that area

Looking for a guild ;;
Just came back

die gremlinchan

quest log will finally point you to the wedding quest for +1 slots
5/5 update

I know this might be a bad idea, but I'm doing it anyways.

I make Youtube videos based around making fun of really, really shitty crowd funding campaigns.

See here: youtube.com/watch?v=DoU3D7Ws2rk

Currently, all of my commentary footage (The stuff I throw in over the narration so it's not just a black screen or a still image for upwards of three minutes) has just been me mining away in Minecraft.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to use my character in BDO as my "Face" for these videos?

Something like, hide the UI, sit on a cliff, and just use editing tricks + the in-game screen effects to make the shots interesting?

Pic related. This would be pretty close to what I'm talking about.

Your voice doesn't really match up with how your character looks, but that's the only problem with it I can see.

If you're good enough at editing the shots together, I'd say go for it. Even if it sucks, it's good to try new things like that to keep your content fresh.

i have opposite problem, i ran connecting nodes from olvia to keplan around 30 and have all
towns full of junk from workers and so on but
now after 6month break i have no idea what to do with any of them.

Thinking of just selling most stuff i have in warehouse so i can get room, even my characters inventories are bloated.

>buy auction house maid
>can't access auction house within the confines of your home
what the fuck is even the point

Are you retarded
Unless you mean being able to talk to them to be able to manage pre-orders and collect money then that would be cool