Coasting to a red light in neutral

>coasting to a red light in neutral

>coast up to stoplight in Drive

wait is this supposed to be bad? been driving manual for a month and when I'm coming to a stop I just press the clutch in and brake

>light turns red
>start coasting to a stop
>car behind me starts honking
>light turns green before either of us come to a stop

I sure showed him

>braking really hard but not getting that lurch when coming to full stop

Yfw you realize the absolute boringness of these threads

>Coming up to stop at a red light with no car in front of me
>downshift to 2nd just incase the bitch turns green

>tfw we're all just lonely drivers in space, sometimes passing each other by.

eh not bad but wastes gas. if you put it in neutral, your fuel injectors are still going to keep the engine from dying. if you leave it in gear and brake, your drivetrain's momentum is keeping the engine running and fuel injectors turn off

Comfiness*

>foot off gas
>Downshifting as revs drop
>engine braking
>ready to keep moving
>overtake aggressive drivers at lights as they change
>drive the speed limit after lanes merge into single lane

Engine off coasting master race!

Thats a good way to waste fuel OP.

Coasting in gear to a stop light and disengaging the clutch before engine stalls Master race

>tfw flawless downshift

>engine-braking down to the speed limit when you get a tailgater

>light turns green
>red match and slam it in 4th

Justracerthings

>turns engine off instead of in-gear coasting
>need to slam brakes because danger situation
>brake machine no working
>try to steer somewhere else
>steering machine no working

nice meme engine off coasting

I used to actually turn my engine off to slowroll down a 3km hill in moderate traffic every day. Then start it back up on the bottom of the hill.

The key is to have your heel on your brakes and one leg on your E-Brake.

Gas "wasted" in neutral is negligible. Especially in sedans but in trucks, you can keep the engine running in neutral for like 3-5 days before going dry on a tank.

>brakes not working
Your car is required to have a mechanical conection between your brake pedal and your brakes.
Also the vacuum in your brake booster is still there.
>no steering
You can still steer your car without power steering, at highway speed you barely even notice a difference.

Most WRC cars have their brake boosters deactivated as well as their power steering.
If it is good for WRC, it will work for you as well.

My car drinks half liter of diesel per hour of idle, which although negligible on the long run it adds up and make some difference

car still has linkage but you can't deploy the full breaking force, and you won't also have abs which makes it a little bit worse

talking about emergency situtation not trained pilots knowing what they're doing

>car still has linkage but you can't deploy the full breaking force, and you won't also have abs which makes it a little bit worse

You can still lock up your wheels, there isnĀ“t any more possible brake force.

>talking about emergency situtation not trained pilots knowing what they're doing
It just requires a bit more force...