This fucking lower grill meme

Apparently this is the meme that currently gets every car designer wet

Would you prefer one massive grill?

Reminds me of Sebulba's pod racer. The X-mammoth or what ever

who buys a car with a perma bitchface?

Holy fuck, I thought OP was being an autist but goddamn, they really all do have it.

ALMOST

there you go

ford is still really fighting with it, it seems

Lexus is already fucking obsolete with their predator grill, like you can see here.

Bitchface is where it's at.

the ride never ends

>ad showing an audi drifting

lol'd

almost all motion in automotive photography for brands is faked, (virtualrig or bleex) that happens to be a particularly egregious example (that tyre smoke lol)

Lol yes, damn sure the Audi was also photographed while actually standing still

I don't even

>2006
Is this patient zero?

These are some of the earliest cars with (((that grille))) as far as I can remember, so does that mean everyone just decided to start copying Kia?

>Today user discovers that cars have a lower grille

holy shit, you're right.
that you found that soothes my autism.

You don't get it

To clarify it, pic related is pretty much the essence of 2010s front end design of a fuckton of cars on the market now.

- awkward dimple that cuts into the upper grill
- upper grill poking into the lower one
- lower one pulled up like an awkward smile
optionally
- lower part of the lower grill pulled up to create that bitchface like You see this shit fucking everywhere now.

What's with the lights on the lower grill that go on and off?

that means you have to refill the indicator fluid.
then they stay on.

are you referring to television pictures of cars with LED daytime running lights in the bumpers? Because their speedy flashing isn't picked up by the human eye, but tends to coincide with the frame rate of film cameras, leading to the flashing effect.

I'm talking about the lights on the lower grill, and they usually go on and off when someone is taking a turn, but it's not like an indicator light. Usually on one side the light goes off, and then the other stays on, and then they both go off. This might just be a European thing though.

That's just the turning light.
It's supposed to fill dark corners you're turning towards to with light.
Not sure if mandatory by now but yes, seems to be on most European cars by now.

Oh yeah. Many cars have their fog lights controlled by steering wheel inputs (or indicators) to help light up the ditch in the direction where the wheel is turning.

It's annoying because I keep thinking one of their lights is broken.

Well, now you can stop thinking that (apart from when the car is driving in a straight line with no indicators on)

Thanks for the explanation mate.

What would you prefer in the undergrille's place?

You can have an undergrill. This whole thread is about the fact that they are all styled with the similar smirking sides of the grill.

What the hell, can't unsee it now...

what the fuck OP i thought you were memeing. this is some shit

>mfw all those brands jump frantically on the bandwagon as if there's literally NO OTHER design option for the second grille anymore

fucking pathetic me-too money grabbers

>pic of down syndrome in cars

don't piss me off
[autistic car noises]

Amazing find. This must be it.

nooooooooooooooooooooo, not the tacoma too

I wonder what the designer babble about that would be... like.. if this also increases the sass level of your car like a tipped fedora or something

You can target the designers, or, you can target the people fueling the demand for designers to create these generic smiley mobiles.

This one has some first grade homo designer faggotry bullshit in it, too

> ~manipulation of lightness...~

more like manipulation of customers so they like this turd

the guy next to it also looks like he does the same pose when he enjoys watching his wife getting dicked

that front is fucking huge
i want a size comparison to the C4 corvette

lol

>Apparently this is the meme that currently gets every car designer wet

It is because they are using variations of the Dyson vacuum cleaner effect to inertially remove dirt from air. That helps the engine compartment stay a lot cleaner than with older cars that don't do that.

simpler times...

Nog saying they're the same, but the C-HR is pretty much the embodiment of this ugly concept

lmao, that shit is already aging really badly

>what if we took the rear glass and put it on the roof?

>sugoi desu ne, Takanashi-san

heh... nothing personal, equinox

Qt

If only we could go back...

good times

the fuck

ok
which one of you prophesied this back in 2015

yeah I wish we could go back to when design trends weren't a thing, it's only now that cars have similar design features, at literally no previous point in history was design homogeneous across brands.

WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

TO THE GOOD OL DAYS

WHEN MY MAMA SANG

BUT NOW I'M STRESSED OUT

>FUNCTIONAL

What the fuck even is that rear end?

>coupe rear window angle
>hatchback style vertical liftgate
>kink in c pillar that serves no purpose other than to cut out valuable window space from the passenger door and rear glass
>same cargo versatility as a coupe because you can't fit anything taller than a bag of groceries under the nearly horizontal glass
>angry lamborghini fake vents in the bumper like the civic
>taillights that have horizontal surfaces on top that will fade in the sun and look like shit in 3 years
>spoiler that sticks out a foot over from where it mounts

wtf I hate toyota now