over.gg/

>Discord:
discord.gg/Mzpx4Yh

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Old thread:

BLIZZARD PLEASE DEVELOP THE STORY AND LORE

THANKS

>reminder that all OW lore has been at a standstill since Tracer was announced to be gay, First Strike was cancelled and we have gone more than 100 days, two events, and an entire competitive season without an animated short.

kys your self

Talon is actually a massive organization, it's just Reaper, Widow and Sombra are all their heavy hitters. Remember they had like helicopters of goons storm that train McCree was riding, plus they sent in a kill squad against Winston.

Am I the only one that just plays QP because they made Comp matches unnecessarily long?

Why the FUCK is KoTH Bo5 for fucks sake
Why does 2CP and Payload maps go up to 4 fucking rounds.

Bo3 KoTH and 2 round for 2cp/payload is fine. You do offense, then defense and most points or best time wins. If you have a time advantage from the first round you'll already set to win, so why make us go through with it.

Just bought OW and the inclusion of the character Roadhog has seriously made me doubt this games credibility as an "e-sport". How long has Roadhog been in this state, exactly?

9th for Blizzard cannot into story

>lone enemy stalls our objective for three seconds
>gives their entire team enough time to arrive and wipe us effectively ruining our push usually costing us the game

>I stall the enemy alone for a minute
>my team nowhere to be found
>respawn on the next objective
>still can't find them
>enemy easily overruns the abandoned point and wins

Amelie lacroix is hot.

Holy fuck 1v1s are so much better than 3v3s, I just had this epic duel with a bro. Ironically enough, I lost every character that I main.

Also, does melee do more dps than Winston's tesla gun?

no one at blizzard can hear you scream user

>people are still having a hard time believe the tomboy that wears fucking crocs of all things was a lesbian all along

Wish someone told me comp was unplayable without a six stack before I bought the game, QP and arcade aren't good enough on their own to warrant a purchase.

And those goons mccree fought were former blackwatch.

I wonder if reaper recognizes any of them.

much too long

That's true

You can play comp without giving a fuck though.

black people

They don't feel like a massive organization.

Their three mascots just look like LARPrs doing mean shit because they're board.

It's like Blizzard is stuck between fleshing out all these present factions, or just focusing on how everything ends up in Overwatch.

>for the first time in literal decades Blizzard actually made an interesting universe with compelling (if slightly stereotypical but sill) characters
>they used it on the goofy arena shooter

>it's a "there's no way he can hook me from that far awa- no, no, wait, yes he can" episode

wish they'd mix up the scheduling every now and then, this episode is getting old

Reposting from last thread. Alright guys. 3 or 9 decides what characters I will play in quickplay from now on exclusively. One from each category. No hanzo, sombra or mercy. Other ones are free game. Zarya is taken already.

Icy hot?
>tfw no Amélie to hug

how do we repair Jack's smile?

why no sombra? are you racist against beautiful beans or something?

Hanzo, Sombra or Mercy.

Roadhog's ability to pull you out of position and to his team is extremely powerful on its own, why in the fuck did they let him one or two shot everyone, including fucking tanks?

>implying sexuality should matter in a character's development
>implying lazily pumped out comics are anything but pandering

Reyes can take care of that :^)

Zenyatta

Those mascots are just a single hit squad. A horribly dressed hit squad that never completes their mission

I bet the rest of Talon makes fun of them behind their backs

But yeah talon does need to flex their muscles more.

solo campaign when?

So that makes it zen and zarya.

Sombra

what is Reaper's endgame?

Hang on to your autism pills! Because we might not be out of this shipping autism ball-park just yet. Those Mercy-Genji chocolate lines might be for the Japense holiday of White day. This might explain why Genji expressed regret for getting the wrong chocolates because according to Japense tradition, getting cheap chocolates shows you are not interested in a woman.

Widowmaker finished her mission.

The sweet, sweet release of death

but White day is when the girl gives the chocolates to the guy

Fuck Jack's prostate out.

Hopefully they'll do spinoff games or something, like one that is specifically single player or co-op and is centered around the story.

and then I did this joke of a game. Never even played Torb or Junkrat before, but boy was it nice getting a headshot without even trying as Torb, or killing him with blindfire as Junkrat after messing up flanking him a few times.

To tie Ana down and fuck her in front of a tied up Jack.

True. Widowmaker is the best.

Seems like he wants to kill everyone that was once part of Overwatch. Then die.

but couldn't he just kill himself?

That would've made sense if the Mercy line was on Valentine's because White Day is a response to that.

>t. reaper76 fujos

I think he just wants to kill all the former members of Overwatch, even the guys who were probably nice to him like McCree and Reinhardt.

That's all he lives for now, and he's just working with Talon because they've got the resources he needs to track them down.

>having character's backgrounds fleshed out is lazy pandering

I mean, if you made the argument it's too early to look at Tracer's background in more detail, I would agree with you because for fucks sakes we don't even know why half the cast is even in this game (SYMMETRA), but to act like it's a mistake to ever address it all is kinda dumb.

>what is Reaper's endgame?
To ult your team
WITH NO SURVIVORS

what if Reaper is also under Talon mindbreaking like Widow is?

>anyone -ELSE- want to do their jobs today? MOVE THE PAYLOAD

Does anyone else find Soldier's angry old man shtick hilarious? I can't help but laugh every time he says shit like this.

Bastion.

where do i get started on the overwatch lore? is it only in comics?

First vengeance, then shuffling off this mortal coil.

Also judging by Recall, him actually dying might be sorta difficult.

I like it when he says shit like "Back in my day we'd have had this payload delivered already!" when we're like 2 feet out the door.

>Sit on the high ground 1/2 a map away
yeah takes lots of skill

>walking into the d.va ult at the end

What the fuck was Blizzard thinking with this shit? Most retarded meta ever.

I like the idea of him finally coming to peace with himself and just kinda relaxing, weight off his shoulder and he dissolves into the ether.

I always figured pure vengeance was what kept him together.

I feel as if Jack sometimes forgets that like a quarter of the entire cast comes from "his day"

Comics, animated shorts, the blogposts leading up to Sombra's release, and the occasional ravings of Chu on twitter are all we have.

Reaper will be back one day, you can only make him irrelevant for so long.

Ah I only wish. Better luck next roll!

no one gives a shit about your 1v1 matches

how do we redeem Reyes? what would it take for Jack and the others to forgive him?

It would make sense. Assuming Talon turned him into reaper after finding his corpse.

But I feel like it would be better if instead of a second brainwashed villain he was just being manipulated and fed lies by Talon.

Like Darth Vader. but hopefully much better written.

And of course him realizing Talon has lied to him is what will cause him to be "redeemed"

t. still hasn't got his 9 wins

RIP playwatch

You can't do this anymore.

He needs to forgive himself first. Inner peace is all that will save him.

well step one would be for him to stop trying to kill everyone

I know but it took them one season to change this trash.

Read the comics. Pay attention to voiceline interactions between characters or just read them on the wiki.

Read he blog posts if you can find. Fading glory: On the trail of jack morrison is important.

Chu's twitter is just clarifications and tidbits.

>"Where is Ana? Is she safe? Is she all right?"

>there really was a spooky ghost roaming the battlefield for decades
>something happened to him and there must always be a reaper so talon put the reaper's mask on reyes' body

Can't wait to find that out.

He seems to hate his life and his entire existence, he's probably going to have to go through the Genji treatment to stop wanting to kill the people who did this to him.

>gains inner peace and dissolves into the air
>reforms in white cloak with shining halo behind his head and blue glowing eyes
>"I am an angel of justice now."

but that's precisely why it's pandering.

Normally, writers would have a logical plan of action of what to explain when, starting with basic hows and whens.

Instead we get comics that tells us irrelevant information under the guise that it's much needed development

That's an imposing looking blue

>Reaper: "Jesus, you two again?! What will it take for you to get off my back?!"
>Tracer: "Well for starters you could STOP TRYING TO MURDER ME AND WINSTON"
>Reaper: "Yeah that's gonna be a negative ghost rider."

>no new content
>no new heroes
>heroes with literally no significant skins added or even voices
>no new cinematics
>no lore comics
>no action figures
>game so ded people talk about other games ITT

but would Zen be willing to mentor the guy who worked with the people who killed his friend?

>mfw just started season 3 after not playing since s1

Climbing as a support is suffering but strangely fun. You will see people go off on all chat saying how the team sucks and whatever but its the guy playing bastion on lijang. Nobody switches and people hate playing tanks apparently. I honestly feel people climb around 2500-3000 from having a decent tank and in solo q its just a coin flip.

Jesus christ, I had forgotten how retarded the beyblade was.

Zenyatta's all about tranquility and forgiveness, he'd probably be willing to if it means Reaper will stop trying to murder omnics.

>the original Reaper was a Talon prototype
>Reyes is the final product

>everyone called it beyblade
>not Reyeblade

such a missed opportunity

Stop bullying Blizzard

there's still games i had where
>a team comeback from 0-2 to 3-2 and win
>a team with 1 minutes extra time managed to push payload further than 4 minutes'

so, your argument is invalid.

Hey.... they've added like.... three maps?

This comic reminds me of the one with the wizard and the shotguns. Surely there's a Reaper version of said comic?

I didn't say those things couldn't happen, you can come back from 0-20 and win 21-20

It doesn't mean it's worth the fucking time. It's a very small subset of matches that manage to use all the extra time to turn it around, but in the end you are better off simply getting more games in to climb then relying on those.

Well, blue is an imposing women.