What are the easiest/cheapest modifications that can be made to increase the power of an N/A car?

What are the easiest/cheapest modifications that can be made to increase the power of an N/A car?

By cheap I'm talking like a couple hundred dollars at the most. By easy I'm talking easy enough for possibly a retard like me to be able to manage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e5lHdZ8gF6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a tune/fuel map change. when I was a dumbass kid I added a specific resistor in series with my timing senor so it would advance by a few degrees. It added some power in the winter, but during the Texas heat all this retard got was engine knock,

camshafts, displacement, valves, fuel injectors, exaust, clutch, whyfeel, pistons.
Its not like you even play forza

cold air intake bro

There isnĀ“t a way to make your car more powerful with little to no money, but you can make lighter quite cheaply.

#1 Weight Reduction
#2 Tyres
#3 a good Service
#4 a Tune Up (ECU Map)

Anything else is a meme, going to cost more than a few gundred or wont actually help you without a Tune - in which case you will need to also pay for it to be tuned.

But those are the 4 Best Things to do

1,2 and 3 - you will notice a quicker car instantly.

4 depends on the tune.

Anything else is irrelevant.

Kek

Nos

2 bottles

cheap and easy way to get power out of na
well... not unless its a smog era v8 (heads and carb), or a rotary (dremel and carb)

>intake, cams, and exhaust are irrelevant

You have a heavy foot, you will blow yourself to pieces.

Can you explain what you mean by tires? Do you mean lighter tires or just like new tires with better tread or specific tires?
Also what do you mean by a good service, like your standard "every 3-5k mile oil change and every 10k check up"?

Grippy sticky sporty tires

Reduce weight via the following
remove back-seats
remove passenger seat next to driver seat
remove spare tire (or replace with smaller)
replace driver seat with light weight racing car seat and seatbelts

Drastic weight reduction:
remove all carpet and interior plastic until you are left with an empty hull
replace engine hood (and if possible rear hatch) with carbon fiber variant

Other things you can do are:
get a new fuel pump
replace all engine filters, oil filter, fuel filter etc.
install a straight pipe exhaust

Turbo

If you've got an auto - add a shift kit. I did on my old Falcon and it was so much better for 25 bucks worth of parts from Jaycar.

NITROUS

>taking shit out of car
>not free

damn, that's one shiny alternator.

Well you might have to buy a reciprocating saw or an angle grinder to REALLY do it

muffler delet

Without a tune? Of course.

And on a couple of hundred dollar budget?

Yes, also irrelevant. Please read OPs comment.

Get a set of new tyres, or larger tyres (wider) or better compound.

If its street driven, id buy some cheap bigger wheels (wider, not necessarily larger in diameter), and put larger tyres on them. Going from a 215 tyre to 265, for example, provided a lot of extra grip - even without buying good track tyres.

If you are trying to make the car faster on the track, not just the street, buy a spare set of wheels with some good sticky compound tyres.

$200 limit
Air filter/housing upgrade ($20)(junkyard) 5hp
Cat delete + exhaust headers ($100)(new) 15hp
Weight reduction (free)() 0hp
Valve adjustment + timing adjustment (free) 20hp
Better plugs ($7 a plug)(new) 2hp
Wider tires on drive wheels ($50)(junkyard) 0hp
Alignment (free) 0hp
ECU map (free) 50hp

Not destroying your dd trying to eek out moderate gains (priceless)

>couple hundred dollars at the most
GOT YOU COVERED SENPAI
youtube.com/watch?v=e5lHdZ8gF6E

And regarding the service: it depends how you drive. Racing it around will require more frequent services with better materials.

But if its just a DD, and it isnt cared for, you will see quite a lot of gains from a good service. Meaning oils, fluids, air filter, spark plugs, wires, and cleaning any gunk from the intake tract.

Basically i just mean to keep it tidy.

Mostly you will jut be replacing oil and the filter, everything else wont be done quite as often.

But oil - every few thousand km/miles.

I used to change mine evrry 4000km. Best bet is just to drive it for a while amd regularly check the quality of the oil as compared to when it was new. When ut starts getting really dark, viscous and looking like shit - note how you drove it, how many kms, what brand/weight oil you used and adjust accordingly.

How do you map an ecu for free?

You print out the fastest route to destination from google maps and cellar tape it to ECU

Same way you do an alignment for free. Have free access to the necessary equipment.

>cellar tape

Awesome, so I can quadruple the horsepower of my 2CV for $200?

Hey, you can also get 400 more HP for free if you have free access to parts and labor.

If you want to go faster get some training. If you just want to win traffic light drag races save your money and buy a better car.