Hey doods

Hey doods

Replacing the timing belt on my shitbox, turns out I can't get the pulley for the crankshaft off, and I need an impact wrench. I'm poor as shit, and found a "12v impact wrench" listed for $25. Would this have enough torque? I don't have the cash to invest in an air compressor. Is it even worth buying?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sddl2EbF10M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>doods

It was going to be do/o/ds, but it looked retarded.

>can't get the pulley for the crankshaft off
How so? Have you tried with a breaker bar?

The engine spins.

You're welcome...

youtube.com/watch?v=sddl2EbF10M

My car isn't a Honda.

Doesn't matter. The tool is 99% going to be the same. They're like $25.

The other thing you can do is stuff a shit ton of fuel line down the #1 cylinder. But if you don't know what you're doing, and you probably don't, you can fuck up your valves quick fast and in a hurry.

The way it works is this. Rotate the engine until you're on the compression stroke on #1 and the cylinder is starting to come back up.Take a bunch of fuel line and shove it down into the cylinder. This will lock the engine. Now crank away.

But again, if you aren't on the compression stroke, and you have a valve that is open, you just fucked your cylinder head. If you don't know how to find the compression stroke, DO NOT DO THIS. Again, if you don't know how to find the compression stroke, DO NOT DO THIS. Again, if you don't know how to find the compression stroke, DO NOT DO THIS.

Cheers for the tip, but I'm going to pick this thing up for $25, and worst case scenario, I'll just rest the breaker bar on something, and use the starter motor to break it.

The 12v impact guns suck and are usually just for changing tires. I had the same issue and ended up buying an ac one but it still didnt have enough juice. Best bet is to buy a crankshaft pully tool or a chain wrench and then use a cheater pipe like the handle from your floor jack to extend the breaker bar so you have enough torque to turn it.

Don't waste your time and money on that piece of shit. It's not going to work. I promise.

Autozone and oreillys lend them out, you put down a deposit and as long as you bring it bsck you get your precious shekels back

Crankshaft pully tool, idk about impacts

It's not a "deposit", you buy the thing, full price. You're just allowed to return it after you use it, no questions asked.

It really is a good deal though. I rented a ball joint press from them to change the pivot arm bushings on an F-150. Worked like a charm.

Impact guns are a convenience tool my dude. They don't actually solve any issue that you can't do by hand. You're likely just going to break something

balljoint tool is worth having, i use mine at least once a year. however an inner tie rod tool is a much better "rent"

Are you sure you're turning the bolt the right way? I'm not taking the piss, by the way - sometimes crankshaft pulley bolts have a left-hand thread.

Name one engine that has that. Because I've never once seen one.

Not sure how difficult other crank bolts are, but for honda crank bolts you need a tip tier impact. My milwaukee 2763 was just barely able to remove one and it's more powerful than most air impact guns.

me either, and i have seen some shit.

Villiers 15C for one, off the top of my head

Is it RWD?

If it is just put it in gear and have the rear wheels resting on the ground and you're golden.

Don't you say! Put it in highest gear and pull the handbrake, doofus.

>"12v impact wrench" listed for $25. Would this have enough torque?
No.
Put car in 1st, pull e-brake (better, have someone stand on the brake), get 4' or more worth of breaker bar, and pull twice as hard as your body is capable of.

Go to your local auto parts shop, they usually let you borrow tools like that for free

When are you going to fuck off with this retarded cat

Just attach long breaker bar to the thing and hit it with a hammer

Spinning the starter trick worked well for me years ago.