I always lock my car from the inside. Is that dangerous if I happen to be in a car crash...

I always lock my car from the inside. Is that dangerous if I happen to be in a car crash? Do the car doors unlock when the car crashes so other people can drag my dying ass out of the vehicle? Or am I locked inside a burning metal cage until emergency services arrive?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16521520/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/94486274/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/94341346/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/91697995/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you are lucid and the car is on fire, you will find a way out. If you are knocked out, you better hope the windows broke or that bystanders have the presents of mind to break a window to get you out.

I guess doors should unlock if emergency fuel cut or airbags deploy on modern cars
on older ones, you're dead

Also get a diesel, petrol will start fires

>Do the car doors unlock when the car crashes
They stay locked because the first crash doesn't mean that is the end of the crashing. If you are rolling down a hillside, you want the doors to remain locked. Otherwise, the latch might release and part of you hangs out the opening due to the seatbelt holding part of your body inside. The rocks then gouge whatever is sticking out or even cut it off. Or the car rolls over on what is sticking out. Or both things happen.

When the air bag computers fire, they should cut the engine off via the main computer.

No bystanders are going to help somebody in a car wreck. They are going to film it on their cell phones.

>I always lock my car from the inside.
Newer cars with touchscreens allow you to set options for the car for many things such as horn, headlights, running lights, door locks, etc. The default on the car is to lock the doors once the transmission exits Park. I could also set various combinations of lock/unlock such as driver only or passengers only.

I prefer doors to be locked at all times. When I get into the car, even before I start it, I press the button to lock all doors. It's not paranoia to lock due to a past incident where parked at the traffic light, someone runs up to try the passenger door handle and then runs off. Another snatch and run attempt prevented by locked doors.

If you crash with the doors locked, just call 911...they provide a free door opening service...

>so other people can drag my dying ass out of the vehicle?
Despite the good samaritan laws, people still get sued and pay out of court settlements to make the suit go away. A lot of good samaritans don't realize that the law has requirements to be met in order to qualify as a good samaritan. The evidence they have won't be enough to win in court, but it was sufficient to file a court case. And that's what they want.

When people are uninsured, they will even sue the good samaritans. Since it costs money to win the case, the evil accident victim lawyer makes the offer to settle out of court for half of what the actual court case would cost you plus it appears on your record. While a few thousands is not much, it is enough for uninsured people grasping at any straws.

>I always lock my car from the inside.
That's not enough protection in Melbourne Australia. A lot of violent immigrants come from violent areas of Africa, Syria, and Afghanistan. They drive up and hit your car or the motorbike next to you and aim a gun at you telling you to get out.

That reminds me of a local news article a few years back where a guy broke a child's leg attempting to pull him out of the car seat of a burning car and the mother sued him for the medical bills.

Good Samaritan Laws exist in a lot of states after this kinda shit happened a lot. Just gotta check your rights

>I always lock my car from the inside
What possible benefit is there to doing this? You're in a 3000 pound murder machine. If a carjacker comes at you, hammer the throttle and get the fuck out of there. Bonus points if you swipe him in the process.

That's not going to work in traffic. Unless you've got enough torque to push whatever's in front of you out of the way.

it's really gotten so bad over there? i remember when /pol/ hailed you as the the last white refuge on earth

install ejecto seato

Be situationally aware and don't ride the ass of whoever's in front of you. And remember, all terrain is drivable terrain if the situation demands it. Jumping a curb into oncoming traffic is literally less likely to wreck your car than a police chase.

I'm intentionally ignoring your scenario of a stopped bumper-to-bumper gridlock because that's the worst possible time to carjack someone. Even niggers aren't dumb enough to steal a car that's slower than walking. The proper response in that situation is to surrender your car and then call the police and ask them to send a bike cop over to recover your vehicle.

Now that you say it, I realise that it is a pretty stupid idea to carjack someone in a gridlock. You'd just be sat there awkwardly waiting for traffic to move with them getting quite angry outside.

>Now that you say it, I realise that it is a pretty stupid idea to carjack someone in a gridlock

You are not thinking like a carjacker.

They run it up the curb and then out of the gridlock. They only need one car in front to block them.

Or

They can also jack the cars that can make an illegal left turn and head in the opposite direction.

pull the handle when it's locked, it should unlock. pull again to open the door.

>not putting grenades in your doors

its like you don't want to go out with a bang.

>it's really gotten so bad over there? i remember when /pol/ hailed you as the the last white refuge on earth

Melbourne is in the liberal state of Victoria. The leadership has made it "easier" to admit refugee type immigrants from conflict areas such as Africa, Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan. These refugees carjack cars and drive them wildly, part them out, and also use stolen cars to perform other carjacks and home invasions. See the archived /ol thread for results of violent refugee immigration.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16521520/

The refugees form crime groups and the larger ones become gangs that recruit more openly such as Apex in Melbourne serving as a reminder that refugees from high crime high violence areas may themselves also be high crime and violent prone people seeking richer places to make a living.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/94486274/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/94341346/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/91697995/

>Or am I locked inside a burning metal cage until emergency services arrive?
Why is every one of your collisions a "burning cage" situation? Those are incredibly rare relative to the number of collision accidents. Sure, your chance of "burning cage" is higher with those old cars, but you're not driving something 30 or older.

>They drive up and hit your car or the motorbike next to you and aim a gun at you telling you to get out
Nope. Try again.

Stop fear mongering you brain dead poltard. Apex carjackings are few and far between and are still outshined by bogan meth heads and lebbos.

The Apex carjackings are far fewer than the car thefts. They break into homes, sometimes already occupied, and get the spare keys or force the owners to hand over car fob and key. Then they drive off with the car. That is not a car jacking. That is a car theft.