Miata General - /mg/

Miata General - /mg/

The mfw you guys are so fucking lazy that you go 3 days without making a MG even though this board is flooded with miata questions and memes edition

>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 7'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem. I have commuted in miatas for well over 40 years now

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpO10Qb_YHA
youtu.be/iXxdB5KHMso
youtu.be/o4vbWrlwRzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey faggots, I got two questions for you:

1. If I want to paint my valve cover, do I need to drain the vehicle of oil first?

2. What is the correct way to remove the oil filter? I can JUST barely access it using my left hand but it's screwed on too tight or seized to be removed by hand strength alone and I am decently strong. I can get my right hand down there but because of the angle I can't get any leverage

Can I access it from underneath the car somehow or what should I do

1. no
2. try wearing a rubber glove, it's helped me remove them before. If that doest work buy an oil filter removal strap (pic related)

Turn the wheels all the way to the left and you'll have plenty of room to reach up and get the filter off. Then it's all a matter of hoping and praying the filter wasn't tightened down to all hell.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpO10Qb_YHA

Saw that. To be honest, I see no reason why a Miata wouldn't be able to do it if it had traction.

how can I go about cleaning the undercarriage of my NA? The main reason I want to actually check is to see how bad the rust is. The framerails look like they are rusted to complete shit but the rest of the car (control arms, linkage around differential, tie rods, etc...) are all still in great shape so I wonder if this is just surface rust. Would it make sense to get under there with a small copper brush and clean it up a bit?

Any way to find out what diff I have without having to shred my tires?

yeah, just call Mazda and tell them your VIN. It really is that simple. They'll tell you right on the phone.

Is my cat supposed to have these holes in it?

Dumping rest of undercarriage pics. Need advice on condition

looks like a debris shield for the cat with venting holes.

I took ~24 minutes of spirited driving video this morning from 2 to 5 AM. Unfortunately, I'm at my parents' place (spring break) and they don't even get 1 Mbps up. Here are two clips in stead:

youtu.be/iXxdB5KHMso

youtu.be/o4vbWrlwRzY

I power slide nicely into my lane at the end of the 2nd vid.

lol nice. do you have stock headlights?

>do you have stock headlights?

Yes. But out of curiosity, why do you inquire?

My front turn signal housings are aftermarket tinted ones though.

because the lighting looks really good on video. my NA's headlights are total shit. can't see a thing at night

Looks like it has already rusted through in some spots. Not good. A repair would probably not be economical.

real thread here

This thread was created earlier. Stop lying, this is the real thread

Take the metal bracket off that goes over the top of the filter. It's there to keep the intake manifold from breaking off if it gets knocked around during production. It doesn't do anything once the engine is in the car.

Yeah...any ideas on how I can stop the rusting? I am pretty sure that hole was actually punched in there from an improperly placed jackstand. Rest of the undercarriage looks pretty clean otherwise though.

Rate my exhaust mod

Sorry, I can only give generic advice:
- wire wheel the rust off
- paint with rust protection
- let it dry
- apply undercoating

What's she sound like?

It actually made no difference at lower RPMs but at higher RPMs it sounds like someone trying to gasp really loudly. It basically is not a desirable noise at all and sounds like air leaking out more than any noticeable exhaust note. Might make the hole bigger desu and then just scrap the entire thing when I fuck it up enough with some aftermarket exhaust.

On a side note, is there any actual risk of exhaust fumes getting into the cabin if I poke these holes right before the muffler?