/ss13g/ - Spessmen of a spess station

Captain Wilhelm edition

Last Thread: Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>Nuklear is gone forever, welcome back and readmin party planned for two weeks from now.
>Dorms-funded ERP legalization poll planned for later this week due to the power vacuum created.
>654 Omega

>What is Space Station 13?
[YouTube] Space Station 13
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
[YouTube] How to download BYOND

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lDeThz30JtQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for new stats

Second for always remember

>Captain Wilhelm edition
No.
Make a new thread.

shut it, beady

Wasn't in the round.
According to the admin logs the last four global sounds played are:

>Pseudonym played sound d_e1m2.mid
>Zealotron played sound Widdly 2 Diddly - LISA Soundtrack - 49 Ode to the Oblivious.ogg
>Zealotron played sound Dead Rising OST - Gone Guru.ogg
>Pseudonym played sound d_e1m1.mid
Take your pick of the above

WHY WOULD PROBE MAKE ANOTHER /V/ THREAD?
WHAT IS HIS END GAME?

Genetics clone armies when?

>catatonic people are given dialogue and AI
>have them walk around aimlessly like monkeys
>how they act and speak is dependent on their jumpsuit
>give them a security jumpsuit to have them stun and cuff wanted people like secbots
>give them engineering jumpsuits to have them automatically lay down floor tiles and turn girders into walls
>create a shitload of them and deploy them around the station to fight hostile mobs like lemming retards
>geneticist traitor implanter that allows you to make them loyal only to you and automatically follow you around

youtube.com/watch?v=lDeThz30JtQ

there we go

My beef with Veeky Forums, really, is that it's such a black-and-white struggle. We never learn what Probe's tax policy is, for instance. And what about once 2hotdogs was defeated, the welderbombers weren't gone. They were hiding out in the mountains. Did Probe just order them all killed, even the boxbabies in their little box cribs?

New Players bring variety to the game.

You can only get pinned by Rin so many times before it gets boring.

Give them a grey jumpsuit and they gain 100 brain damage and they destroy all glass and grills they come across.

For some reason I see everyone on their underpants including me.
Is it normal?

Son, you have a great gift

contribute to the wiki

I don't understand ANYTHING about this game but this is rather fun.

>someone magically knows it's nuke without having strayed from their desk
>copy-paste proofs
>ahelp
>no response
>Zth: we already responded
>Zth: Stop calling out bullshit
Nice admins you've got there.

were you the quartermaster?

Where's the proof? What happened?

were you the last QM?

why did you spaced yourself?

Please make sure to read the rules, and admin help (F1) if you have any doubt. Wiki should be enough but it could be outdated at specific articles

BUNKER NOW
STOP MAKING /V/ THREADS

>it's a "admins astroturf drama" episode

[19:29:03]ADMIN: HELP: IAGFPRMF/(Kennedy Sandford): Chat is moving too fast, what happened? - heard by 3 non-AFK admins.
[19:29:17]ADMIN: PM: Zealotron/(Sawbones)->IAGFPRMF/(Kennedy Sandford): sec guy caught wind of a syndicate channel somehow
[19:31:35]ADMIN: PM: Zealotron/(Sawbones)->IAGFPRMF/(Kennedy Sandford): its honestly a fuckin mystery

Really makes you wonder.....

wow
so this is the power...
of admins...

How 2 be a good and funny clown.
Not a shitter clown that is just a more colorful greytider that "pranks" people.

Please tell me this is a fabrication. What day? What time?

Break all the mirrors and give everyone the slip and shave.

Can I get some help learning how to set up an SME on the test serb?

that's MY tactic motherfucker, don't steal it

Write your own play and build a stage

Both were an accident.

Threadly reminder your waifu is a shit

What do you need help with? I can't connect atm, but willing to answer any question about cooling setups. You are not following the wiki guide r-right?

Why? the wiki guide is not good?

What the fuck do Mr. V.A.L.I.Ds even DO, sec drags them out every dozen rounds or so but they just sit there and go 'clear' over and over.

I log dived pretty hard to find out how this happened.

Headsets will never let people next to you hear what is being said.

Radios will allow what is being said to be heard.

I haven't the slightest idea how that guy picked up the Syndicate Radio Channel.

tells all of sec if someone runs past without an ID or with an arrest/incarcerated flag on them
if you place them in a strategic spot they can serve as a valuable early warning, say if you put one in front of the bridge then you know if a baddie's trying to hack in

Theoretically they freak the fuck out when somebody carrying syndicate gear walks by them

Then why the FUCK do they always just stick them in the lobby, what does that even accomplish.

>round end delay
>propose that they randomly ban someone
>i am banned
I don't know what I expected

Let's you know immediately if somebody you're dragging in has shit on them + what, are you going to run down to the bridge every time it beeps? They'll be long gone

Not really no. Here is my setup:

>remove both vents
>add pipe layer manifold where the right vent was
>run FOUR layers of heat exchange piping all around the inside of the core
>connect 3 scrubbers at the bottom. Set them to filter everything EXCEPT oxygen.
>add a passive vent inside, to the right of the airlock, add a pipe where the airlock is, and add a connector directly outside
>make your heatsink outside.
>turn on engine, add 2 canisters of oxygen, via the passive vent
>Look at the engine glow
>add emitters.

Let me know if any of this makes/doesn't make sense to you

>not searching everyone that comes in immediately regardless
for what purpose

I was the security guy describing how to put his ID in his PDA

You're going to root through some guy's labcoat and internals box because he beat up an assistant and spaces his ID?

there's execution valids and emag confiscations on the line, are you really gonna say no to that?

Yes

any recommendations for Toxins?
I know bombs are capped, but what's YOUR mix of choice to blow shit up fast and hard?

>bombs are capped
Reminder to trade all your traitor crystals for bomb cap increases.

There is a way to get two (2) boxes in a plastic bag

Hahaha.
I almost got it but things went south and I lost all my items.
Thanks for your help and patience.
I have changed my jobs preferences so that's not going to happens again.

Putting your ID in your PDA will happen with most jobs from what I am aware of, makes space for the belt slot. Hope you enjoy learning how to play.

the OPs meta should be
>1 person goes stealth, blows the borgs and then blows themself (and the RD office) up with a TTV
>4 people go loud get dat disk

Don't say a word

The heat tank gets 825 kpa of 105c plasma followed by 1013 kpa of oxygen at room temperature.

the cold tank gets ~225kpa of oxygen cooled to -261c followed by 1013kpa of plasma cooled to about -85c.

that'll get you around a dev21

>root through guys bag
>eat his snacks in front of him and he can't do shit about it
No greater feeling.

It's alright, I'm just trying to be less inconvenient to other players.

What is the correct order and settings for the SMES units?

>bullying people on code green/uneventful code blue
>stepping in to defend them vehemently when there's actual danger
I want to play this character sometime

Make sure the power draw is less than or equal to total power so they will charge, and make sure the power output is less than the power draw so they will charger, or equal to it.

Try staying away from authority roles like quartermaster or heads until you understand more, should make it a bit easier on you.

oh hey this sounds actually menacing.
I just used to overheat plasma towards unholy levels with the mix chamber and freeze oxygen really cool.
But apparently temperature doesn't matter? It's just has to be a certain amount of pressure mixing.
Also, filling a tank with plasma and then oxygen doesn't make it explode?

That's usually how I Sec. Usually they're still ungrateful if I manage to save somebody.

this is bullshit, sawbones has promised me that he will never raise the bomb cap no matter what i do.

Dragonbro turned it off for me once then I fucked up and only got a 9dev.
It was embarrassing.

it reacts, but the resultant gas and temperature is not enough to rupture the tank. in both cases, you will result in about ~3030 kpa, the tank will leak at 3040kpa. although there's no reaction in the cold tank, and the reason why it overpressurizes is because the heat capacity difference between plasma and oxygen is extremely different. it's complicated to explain and i don't really want to expend the effort.

I'm not Sawbones

Makes wardens feel more comfortable.

you have a problem with zealot?

Gonna keep that in mind, thank you.

He said that Zealot wouldn't do it for him.

How does it work for a magical SMES on test serb? I have the input higher than the output, yet no power flows through the cables.

why not just make it a feature already? Like, instead of going through an admin middle man, just allow them too unlock it themselves in the PDA?

basically, yes, adding oxygen to a hot plasma tank is creating a single tank bomb. but i just gave you the cheat sheet so you never have to find out the hard way and blow yourself up accidentally and get banned for it. if your temperatures and pressures match mine there is nothing to fear.

annnd... the temperature does matter. but, only insomuch that your mixing gases are over 100c. increasing the temperature does not make the explosion any larger, and indeed, due to pv=nrt hotter temps mean less mols and therefore smaller explosions.

thanks a lot!
I'm probably going to fuck it up and plasmaflood the entire research wing but you tried, and that's what matters

But I don't feel more comfortable at all when they're out!

Here are some good pointers from a very biologically named clown
>Always answer the summons of your crewmates, even if it is antag shit, 9 times out of 10, it will be good.
>Similar to my first tip, travel around the station a lot. Go places, and take part in as much as you can. Clowns add a little fun to any situation they end up in and sometimes you hit the jackpot.
>Scheme with the crew. If someone has a plan, be a accomplise(sp?) to it.
>Don't be afraid to die if it's going to get a good laugh.

Really those 3 tips will get you where you need to be as a clown. Here are some donts:
>If you end up serving over 10 minutes in the brig, more than likely you are being a shit clown.
>If you are laughing but no one else is, you are a colorful assistant.
>If you want to be a shitter just roll a greytider, don't take the slot from someone who might actually make a memorable moment.
>Lubing on its own is no good. Unless you can think of a good prank involving lube, don't fuck with it.
Good luck!

Also that's a pretty advanced recipe that will require some intermediate atmospherics knowledge to assemble the necessary gases. I would start out by messing with heater/freezer and possibly a space loop if you can manage that.

and don't bother with the burn chamber

Well I got a basic idea using a piping system a traitor used and i got to see without getting robusted

You only need one layer of HE pipes, 4 is overkill unless you plan on doing some autistic build

You can shut the scrubbers to off

You only need 1 O2 cannister, and you can put it in front of an emitter to break it open(since the shard does produce O2 itself, it will get enough to max power)

Then just increase the HE pipes out in space and fill the pipes with whatever gas you want(some people even connect the scrubbers to the HE pipes so they don't have to waste time filling up the pipes)

Do all this and you'll have a

My favorite round as clown was years ago when Taxi was still on the server. I joined as Clown but went to the HOP to get my title changed to Serious Actor.

I went and performed selected scenes from MacBeth, Othello, and Romeo & Juliet in the bar, and actually drew a substantial crowd.

My character's name? Shia Lebeouf

wat do?

>not performing confusing, temporary, mysterious, up-to-interpretation art performances

>Draw a picture for the AI
>Can't get a piece of paper to show it to him
>Cruel gods don't respond to me request for paper and a pen
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>it's an "antag can't make a gimick so he singulooses" episode

>It's a 'pin the rin xD' episode

if evens chaplain, if odds quartermaster

How do I create my own jokes? Because holy fuck that was awful.

You drew that for me?

I love it. Thank you.

>be a not-kill-everything antag
>too valid to pull things off

>survive after having multiple explosions nearby
Neat

The Captain's armor looks great on a Vox.

Is it just me, or has there been a surge in greyshit recently? A bunch of people I don't recognize and 90% of them are either shit or they actively fuck things up.

CALL HONK FUCKING SHUTTLE

>Get some pics with the AI, get jailed almost instantly
>Start fucking around once I'm freed, get bullied by the sec plasmaman, upload pics to newsfeed
>Power goes out
>lone scientist starts talking to me in the dark
>Says he put a bomb in the chapel
>Says to put frequency and code on my newsfeed or he'll blow us both up right then and there
>Do so since I have no choice and it's a neat gimmick
>start having depression in the AI core
>Spill the story to him
>while mime is uploading meme laws, clown comes in
>Says he did my newsfeed frequency and wants to know what he won
>tell him he turned on a bomb
>all three of us just start sitting around sadly
>Captain tells us to fuck off
>clown fucks off, mime gets lasered, I still sit there
>decide to try and redeem myself and get the AI to the shuttle while the captain halfheartedly starts a manhunt
>get so close to an explosion that if I were one tile closer I would have taken damage
>leave
fug