/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

>HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
Tentatively expect a beta in mid-March 2017

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15664/?
youtu.be/iukqiPz7XuU?t=2m34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Verdant, Skyrim Flora Overhaul 2.5 (No Grass), Skyrim Bigger Trees, Unique Plants and Flowers. And then just a bunch of textures.

Waifus and lore and harmony and waifus

We already taking over

danke m8

Reposting due to some interest. We should consider doing monthly challenges to help improve user's modding, waifu, pose, and screenshot ability. It would be a non-competitive and fun way to improve and create original content.

>How would that work

Simple! Every month the general would have a challenge, there would be no winner, just a way to create new and entertaining content while at the same time giving users an opportunity to get better at things they may not be good at but what to improve on.

For instance:

This months challenge: Take some screenshots of characters exploring Dwarven ruins until something terrible but beautiful happens

This months challenge: Using Creation Kit, create a basket made of pure Gold, then take snapshots of characters trying to haul it away but failing miserably

Challenges can be recommended then voted on every month before the next month arrives so that there is always a new challenge. They can also vary in difficulty.

Uhm...

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

it would be better to have a group project or a contest. shitposters only understand the tangible.

DON'T.

What posers m8

I feel that coordinating a competitive group project would either:

a. single out people who are not as mod savvy
b. prevent those with a budget computer set-up to be excluded as they would not be able to make the same level of content as someone that can handle more rigorous graphical demands

This should not be a contest or a competition, just optional challenges for people who browse /tesg/ to take part in.

Why care about shitposters if they don't add content? Shitposters will always shitpost.

That sounds fun on paper but trust me, it would inevitably turn into shitflinging and drama and eventually nobody would participate. Don't try to turn this place into something it can't ever be

>a competitive group project

I didn't say a competitive group project. I said a group project. Like the poster project that was had ten thousand years ago, or the book project that Jo will never finish.

Halo poser. I'm not sure if it was from pair poser 1/2/3 or from one of the pair sets in Halo 2 though. Sorry : (

>Why care about shitposters if they don't add content?

If you add content that shitposters enjoy they dont post, because we're all shitposters.

Who would cause the drama?

The challenges would be something not terribly difficult to do that a single person can accomplish with some trial. Not everyone has the time to get together in a group and work collaboratively on a project every single month.

Also on challenge difficulty, there doesn't have to be just one challenge, there could be two or three with entirely different tiers of difficulty. Though these challenges could still be completed by a single person.

The whole idea reminds me of SA's photoshop phriday. I think it's probably a good idea. It's not necessarily a competition, more of a prompt for anyone looking for something to do.

>Who would cause the drama?
We're trying not to name specifics before drama even starts.

Do you think some of Skyrim's art and influence may have come from older RPGs like King of Dragon Pass? Or was it a case of the two games drawing influence from Iron Age mythology and culture?

how about you just make a prompt to make shit and those who do it do it and those who dont who cares

trying to make an incentive to these threads is always a bad idea

About to play Morrowind again. 5 Names my class and necessary skills.

Exactly!

Challenges can simply be fun and goofy or be lore intensive too.

It's not an incentive it just gives people something to do. I don't make the threads around here, and I don't plan too. I'm just trying to get a consensus to see if the idea is popular enough. If it is then whoever makes the threads can start posting the challenges people vote on.

That looks sufficiently glowy

Modding skyrim for the first time.I'm doing the tesgen.com guide, any advice? Also I was wondering if any of you have used Wildcat, and what your opinions on it are.

why doesn't she ever move her eyebrows or lips?

>make a waifu
>as soon as i'm done making her i grow bored and want to make another waifu

why god
why

>I'm just trying to get a consensus to see if the idea is popular enough.

Its not. It either gets shitposted to hell and back if there is any sense of competition, or it goes dead and nobody uses it: see the two projects the "community" has already done.

Trying to get people to do things in a general like this is an idea far, far, far gone. All it amounts to is petty drama. This general will remain inert and forever in this vicious cycle until the next game and there isn't shit you can do about it unless you get a group of people who can actually mod to mod an actually good idea, not some deviantart "sparkledog month draw sparkledog" idea.

Your opinion is noted!

>implying anyone here has played a Glorantha game

Feet #1

If Wildcat was good it'd be on the OP site. Everything in the gameplay section can do what Wildcat does and more, and much better.

Just follow the guide and install what you want, then ask the thread for any advice on good mods that are not on the OP site.

Those are test shots because she is being made into a follower

>make waifu
>as soon as I start making her I grow bored and go back to my regular waifu

>If Wildcat was good it'd be on the OP site.
>ask the thread for any advice on good mods that are not on the OP site.
>confused anime girl with multiple question marks

How badly do I need the Memory Patch, and do I need the accompanying blocks log as well? I bought a new computer literally today and I got like 8 gb memory.

>I got like 8 gb memory
laughing irl rn

This mod is comfy as fuck, is it compatible with Snakestone's Expanded Cities pastebin thing?

Surely so it just gives details to signs.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15664/?

It should be.

Alot of good mods have yet been put on the OP site, usually gameplay/combat mods that are good are put on the site quickly. Wildcat has been brought up many times and its not on the site cause nobody uses it.

The reason I tell you to ask the thread for mods that are good and not on the OP is for two reasons:

1. the mod hasn't been brought to the attention of the OP site and yet to be added.

2. Its a personal recommendation of something that isn't on said site. I have alot of presonal recommendations that are not on the OP site.

It's just a texture/mesh mod right? It should be, you may just have some signs that won't be effected.

>no khajiit on the bee and barb sign

also what the fuck is all that bloom doing there, they haven't isolated neon in TES

something something mage enchanted powder/paint something something

magic bro

bretty comfy

Can I just use wrye bash for mod management? Does it need help with anything?

MOD ORGANIZER WITH WRYE BASH

You should really really use Mod Organizer instead and use Wrye Bash only for generating bashed patches.

Sounds hella gay. Naturally I'd do it in a heartbeat. I can see it not ending well though like others have been saying.

MO installer throwing an error:
Error opening file for writing
ModOrganizer.exe
Abort/retry/ignore.

The MO installer is throwing that error for everything.

Run it as administrator if you're installing to the program files directory

Thanks.

sounds p gay

>Sounds hella gay. Naturally I'd do it in a heartbeat.
>sounds p gay
s-samefag?

oh shit, the jig's up

n-no gaylord

We both simply understand how dumb that sounds

I'm glad its noted. Notice how others are starting to agree with me.

You must be extremely new, or at least detached from this community, to think that such an idea would work.

I can literally feed the rest of the essentials to MO after Bash, yeah? I already fed it Unofficial Legendary Patch.

>read the modding guides
>tells me not to install NMM and instead install MO
>install NMM anyways

well arnt u a cheeky little frog

>The reverse psychology actually worked
Haha got another one bois

It will be obsolete and unsupported in another month or two

its being worked on by the same dude who did MO since the nexus hired him to do it; how exactly would it be obsolete?

The new one will be an entirely different program with a new name and everything. It will have nothing to do with the original NMM

I've got the SKSE Launcher in my Skyrim folder, is that all it needs?

That's the point. MO guy is making a completely new NMM entirely unrelated to the old one, leaving the old one unsupported and obsolete.

they are too small and would lose too much traffic, and thus money if they did this.

Goodest dog.

I thought Nexus was the main one, tho...

I wonder if he's actually going to be allowed to change the name

>blogpost
>hey we have a new version of NMM available, coded up by our newest team member tannin
>every nexustard streams in and immediately improves their lives

Releasing a new mod manager is not going to hurt their traffic. Traffic is tied entirely to game popularity, not the manager their producing.

You forgot the part where it's too hard for them to use so they cry on the forums and beg for the old version back.

Dark0ne already said he wants it to have a new name, and it won't have the word "organizer" anywhere in the title.

Would chase snowmen with. 12/10.

This isn't a debate. They've already made two news posts about it and are on internal alphas.

really think about what you are saying and why people use the nexus

Which Morrowind House has the best stronghold?

Telvanni for the permacorpse-in-the-basement infinite storage

>This isn't a debate.

I am glad you can discern discussions from arguments and debates.

>every nexustard streams in and immediately improves their lives

do you really want the taste of a nexustard being able to mod properly?

MO doesn't like just adding FNIS as an archive. Can I just do that anyway?

With mods? Telvanni, no contest.

But which house is the house you SHOULD join? The one that is superior in all ways and deserves your fealty?

That's Redoran.

I see nothing wrong with people being able to accomplish what they want to within their own games

you fail to see the chain of events where this little merger of mod organizers brings every nexustard who can read to these threads.

Explain how Nexus people using Nexus' mod manager is somehow going to bring them here.

It needs to be a archive dude. I suggest this vid: youtu.be/iukqiPz7XuU?t=2m34s

I'd love to hear your mental gymnastics on this.

many people use Veeky Forums, wont take them long to find among the very few mod guides is the tesg OP site. soon enough they'll come flocking in here, and then we'll have a bloody revival.

Yeah but that doesn't explain how Nexus people using Nexus' mod manager is somehow going to bring them here.

the new nexus mod manager will require those people to read

reading leads to searching

searching for mod guides since they are lazy

step is too long

whats this? oh tesg mod guide huh wow they got a lot of nice followers this must be a community where is this place...

its all going to go further downhill from here

FNIS looks finicky as shit. What do I miss if I don't use it, in the grand scheme of things?

Any animation that isn't vanilla.

TK dodge, sexlab, poser mods, literally any animation that isn't in the vanilla game.

Just use it idiot

Since I have to uninstall and reinstall after any creature animation mod, can I leave fnis for last or do I need to do it now?

>reading leads to searching
nigga everyone uses google, and most of them know what Veeky Forums is too. The mod manager isn't going to change anything here except it'll be one new thing to argue about occasionally.

What the hell are you talking about? You just run generate FNIS for users after you install new mods. You don't have to reinstall it ever.

>most of them know what Veeky Forums is too

I rest my case