/egg/ Engineering Games General

CLANG IS FOREVER edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade
>GearBlocks

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta (never forget)
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xF--1XdcOeM
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZE1bfPtvZo
youtube.com/watch?v=eaSKF3BiWyE
youtube.com/watch?v=wfzgIxMEo8g
youtube.com/watch?v=42Kn9JlXE5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for heavy tanks

Third for BIOCLANG engineering game when?

Third for rangeban kerbniggers, weebs and stormtards

3rd for Avorion is good

Well boys, we fucked up

cat penis is good

120mm sherman WHEN
where

Can any skywanderers upload to mega?

For those of you still trying to launch your first rocket in Factorio, that's just the beginning.

youtube.com/watch?v=xF--1XdcOeM

holy fuck

>accidentally leave your computer on for a week trip
>come back
>it eats the world

This makes me want to return to the game but then I remember how much work it is and then I have a hard time opening it up because I know I'll be on it for the next 6 hours

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZE1bfPtvZo

I really wanted to watch a competent musician fuss with it for a minute...

I joked about making a sex toy engineering game at some point, but it actually exists.

Negro is that game even up for sale yet? Give him like, three days before you steal his shit.

>third from the left
Someone's gonna get beheaded for that.

heheheh

>Captcha: REAR STATION

what game is everyone playing and why isn't it machinecraft

>empyrion got an update

Is it good yet?

Multiplayer testing in REM. Loading is currently properly fucked and you need to restart the game to play more than a single match. Soon though.

So does this count as /egg/ territory?
youtube.com/watch?v=eaSKF3BiWyE
You can build your airship and all that crap. You need to balance the stats out and take territory. Fun game despite being 2d.

/egg/lord council will commence in 6 hours

barotrauma is /egg/?

>design submuhreens
>has wiring
>logic gates
>buttons

No, it's yet another failed SS13 remake.

>Steampunk + pixels

>bitching about the artstyle, not the shit gameplay and retarded concepts

Jesus fucking christ user, really?

all these shitty engineers updates are just keeping us off guard for when they bring back the major updates

right guys??

No. Shit updates until they decide to say that the game is complete. Just like every other early access game.

It's breddy gud. It's somewhat lacking in the engineering department though. It's present, but you don't have much to tinker and fuck with beside placement and overall structure.
I'd say unless there is a general better fit for it, it can stay here.
Oh and if you ever wanted to have land battleships on spider legs Wild Wild West-style - you found your game.

> somewhat lacking in the engineering department though

Well shit, that sounds perfect for the engineering game general.

>Well shit, that sounds perfect for the engineering game general.

delet

given the quality of most eggs i can't tell if this is sarcastic or blunt humour

It doesn't mean that there is no engineering there you nong.

i want skywanderers to be good because it's precisely the sort of space voxel game i wanted corneroids to be

>2018
>I want _ to be good because it's precisely the sort of space voxel game I wanted skywanderers to be

>skywanderers
Isn't it basically Starmade?

No, it's somewhere between corneroids and starmade but without the emphasis on making your ship run. i'd say it's the closest we've ever been to minecraft in space.

Starmade = Gigantism, stacking unintuitive shapes of generic system blocks together in the smallest volume possible, entire ship is skin ontop of systems, feels empty and cold

Corneroids = Unfeasible to make giant ships (lack of symmetry tools, placing blocks as a player rather than from a build mode, thrusters need to align with center of mass), systems are preset blocks that have to be linked to your power grid with cables, small scale means comfiness but not much to do. spooky aleins

Starwanderers = Systems seem to be basic blocks you plonk down somewhere to magically make your ship fly without much consequence or thought, meaning you can make a ship that is basically 100% interior. seems to have a PROCEDURAL GALAXY WHERE YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE type of gimmick.

>magically make your ship fly
One of the videos mentioned that they want to make you need more thrusters with more mass

wow, impressive

that's basically what i mean. there doesn't seem to be any need to place down any blocks that actually make you rotate. you just slap on some thrusters where you want em and hop in the saddle

Honestly, I'd rather need thrusters in every direction.

does spengies take centre of mass into account yet?

i.e. if you have a ship like
||||---------------------|
where | is a thruster, it'll spin

I would personally like a mix of both the Corneroids method and something else. Starting out, you'd have to go full Squattin' Steve on it and control thrusters manually, but as you get more technology and materials, you can make systems which partially or fully take over the controls. First, systems that allow you to bind thrusters into simple key groups, then controllers that allow variable thrust based on input, then analog, then full automatic control. All of them entirely optional.

Why must you crust our hopes and dreams user?

ask

There is a mod for that, because it will be too complicated for kids if not, thrusters on rotors do that, and cargo containers push harder

Sure, you just have to use gravity drives.

Is it overdoing it to try and win my first factorio game while getting the laser, solar, and logistics embargo achievements at the same time

No.
That's how I do it all the time.
God bless the oil fields.

not really
you just need to grasp the basic concepts very fast

do you resort to making small ammunition factories at the walls of your fort or you just have a big ammo factory in the center stringing ammo to all four corners of the base

that part seems a bitch to deal with without a relay of robots

Singular ammo factory, fill them in manually when they're not important or just route in some belts and put inserters between each turret. Slow, but works.

ded

I'm doing that too.
Having no solars is easy, you just gotta keep feeding your base with coal/oil.
No logibots is a little trickier, you have to plan your shit really well, because there won't be any bots to save your ass when the spaghetti gets you.
For the defense, make a chain of turrets and inserters fed from a central system like other user said. Coming up with a good expandable design helps you too.
I hear flame turrets are good too, but I haven't gotten them yet.

Yes please, all of this. Optional systems like this are great.

CLANG

>Finally, lets build a few solar panels
>Ivanpah.jpg

These things can be pretty scary when they fail.
youtube.com/watch?v=wfzgIxMEo8g

Not as scary as transformer failures though
youtube.com/watch?v=42Kn9JlXE5w

>very high voltage transformator failure
I, as an electrician, would not find myself anywhere near that thing in the first place, and if I did, I would get the fuck out of there as fast as possible with the smallest possible steps to have the smallest voltage difference between my legs.

>not jumping away
ples

Have fun slipping, landing on your ass and getting a few hundred volts right through your heart.

If the shit is happening in front of you, how the electricity will chose you as a conduct?
Unless is above you there shouldn't be any issue.

What the fuck do you think is the ground? It's conductive, and even though it may be just a little conductive, all those thousands of watts have to go somewhere, and the concrete might just be the most conductive thing it's got. And guess what's more conductive than concrete, or even dirt. And guess what happens when you add a smaller resistance resistor to a circuit in parallel.

But at that point you risk more a leg-leg path than a leg-arm one.
Thought it's true, having your balls flash fried is still no good

So I'm planning to build a large keep on the mountain ridge, connected to a temple on the mountain top through a large bridge (bridge being connected to one of the Keeps Towers)

this is what I got so far, does anyone have pictures of fictional fortresses/castles for inspiration?

Is that mengies?
You absolute fucking madman

those look like parliamental building, not fictional castles

here's an example I'll post myself

I know, but that is something that will look awesome they are the 12 houses in saint seiya, have this instead.

what is mengies?

I'm trying to get a mix of European Castle and asian mountain temple complex going.

Medieval engineers, the side project of spengos, wich is the side project of goodAI.
Its the side of the side, but it has the cool shit, like compound blocks, or actual NPC's

Medieval engineers.
It's either that or empyrion, unless I'm forgetting something big.

it just makes me think of mega projects in Dorf Fort

oh that, yeah, it's medieval engineers, thoug the newer updates fucked up the maps and people are stuck with those weirdly small "Planets" with a butt ugly horizon. You can downgrade it with Beta though, to get the old maps, which is what I did in the screenshot.

thanks for the pics

>i tempted to get it and already watched some castles documentaries
The whole idea is to make death traps along the way and everything that delays the attackers as much as possible, and dont leave blind spots for your archers so the invaders can hide in them, but have them as sitting ducks.
Water and shit stoped old siege towers and other machinery, then long paths delay its advance when they get inside, and then mazes or something to avoid them reach the keep.

>mega projects in Dorf Fort

Do you have a quantum computer or something?

the fucking mountain fort you dingdong

>le quantum computah meme
Quantum computers are only good at finding prime numbers and other tasks that would normally take multiple tries in order to reach the answer with a normal computer.
They are SHIT for gaming and if you unironically say that for running games you need a quantum computer then you are a phisycian memelord that should fuck off to either /trash/ or reddit

I've seen them explode in an Iraqi village before from a mountain top in the middle of the night. I thought someone set off a fuck huge bomb in the middle of the village. Turned night into day even 20 km out.

I know he's a retard but...
> other tasks that would normally take multiple tries in order to reach the answer with a normal computer.
Pathfinding is such a task, and DF's issue is in large part that.

You Know what? You two can get fucked. It's an off-hand remark not a PHD thesis.

Even a modest fortress in DF will bring any commercially available pc to it's knees.

Because it doesn't support multiple cores, you kerbnigger

>expecting the pedantic autistic sperglords of this general to not tear apart the littlest, most insignificant thing
Always remember, these are the same idiots who keep responding to /kspg/ bullshit.

>Because it doesn't support multiple cores,
And?

>hurr my computer has 4545732975273098305830921844096106546033165885415632321456633258785568549827091405735 cores, each with the power of a fucking ENIAC tho but they are many so is very powerful
>durr a application that can only run on a single core works slowly, this must means is super complex and powerful and my computer isn't stronk enough for it, it can't into the strongest softwares!
>burr better double on the cores, that will help

That is how stupid you sound

>mfw /egg/ uses kerbnigger as an insult while they're playing casual trash like avorion

Actually I'm pretty sire the idiot here is the one going full spergtard over a post with a word they didn't like.

You got that all mixed up.
Mengies is a spinoff off Spergies, which is a successor to Miner Wars.
All of which basically serves as a kickstarter for 'Good'AI.

>These things can be pretty scary when they fail.
No shit, they're huge and there's lots of torque at work

Only thing scarier is wind tunnel fan, cause those are powered by a yuge engine

Children, children, please. There is spaghetti to be built.

I love ottd but can't play factorio for more than 10 minutes, why?

Because you are an autistic sperg with the attention span of a curbstomped mayfly?

It's probably the same faggot who sperges over the anime pics.

But ottd is harder than factorio.

It's called Veeky Forumsegg/
You know: /videogame generals/ and /engineering games general/

There is no "anime" in either of those words, in fact there are boards made for it like, you know, /a/ and /jp/