Is this car any good?

Is this car any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fdQD35KEoV0
youtube.com/watch?v=uwPmkzZOhDI
youtube.com/watch?v=ohGysuuzzX8
caranddriver.com/features/z-meets-wall-we-investigate-why-the-nismo-zs-brakes-failed-at-lightning-lap
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

le no because even though it is supposed to be a spiritual successor to the ae86 which is a light weight, low powered rwd car and can be had for under 20k, it doesn't beat a corvette around a track therefore it is shit

Its got very little going for it

for 3k more you can get the sport packaged 370z which is far superior in every way

they seem very reliable and durable. is that what you want?

slower than a minivan

Some people aren't landwhales and can feel an extra 1000lbs in a car. Saving weight costs money.

So are 99% of the cars on Veeky Forums and in Europe. Most minivans are almost 300hp and weigh as much as a sedan so they're definitely not slow.

the 370z only weights 500lbs more and is FAR faster than the brz

daily reminder

put in a flat 6, DCT and a nonshit interior and head unit with apple carplay and I'd buy it for 24k

I bought a Mustang over it.

The Memering is most long straights and high speed turns, Which the BRZ isn't designed for obviously what for the short low gearing and sub 200hp. I bet it'd keep up with most those cars on a tight track or auto x course.

>The Memering is most long straights and high speed turns,
No, most of the time gained on people is through the first 100 turns. You're kidding yourself if you think you can just lie your way out of how the nurburg is driven. If you can't keep up in those turns in the beginning you'll never catch up by the time the straight away comes around.

>short gearing
its final gear can supposedly take it to 150mph. Too bad it has no power or torque to get it there.

a fucking minivan is faster than that shit and its taking all the turns faster and sharper than the BRZ can fucking go. Its a piece of shit for 27k

Yes its good. It's a quick, light, coupe that looks stylish and can get you some serious bitches without having to pay the 370z pricetag.

Only downside is there's no supercharge/turbo option from the factory that could extend the trim.

Good value cars. I'd rather have a v6 camaro/mustang but you get a more elegant look from these that's off the beaten path. Though they are getting more and more popular.

Here's a $200k ring tuned Porsche getting destroyed by a BRZ.

youtube.com/watch?v=fdQD35KEoV0

youtube.com/watch?v=uwPmkzZOhDI

>porche oversteers
woopty do? I thought you were going to post a real video or something

call me when the BRZ can do a sub 8:30 lap

god fucking damnit, you're not supposed to buy this for sticker price. you're a literal retard if you do.

this car is absolutely god tier if you buy it for less than $26k OTD (brand new), a penny more & it's a waste of money.

the entire point of this thing is to be cheap, capable, & moddable. no, it's not fast at all, which is why you're supposed buy it cheaply.

>Porsche getting destroyed by a BRZ.
>porsche getting destroyed by a bad driver
ftfy
i hope you didnt mean to imply the brz was a better/faster/quicker/nicer/more precise/more capable car than the porsche.

Just get a current gen mustang instead

Except its not cheap, 26k and you're gonna have to blow another 7k in mods just to make this thing perform as well as the 370z with the LSD package at 30k.

WHY ARE ANY OF YOU IDIOTS REPLYING TO THIS??????

I wanted to buy one and now I'm buying a 370Z (no joke)

If it can go around without crashing 50 times, then yes it's more capable than a Porsche.

youtube.com/watch?v=ohGysuuzzX8

Here's one going around the ring getting the same time as a $70k porsche Cayman or Boxster.

>porche cayman
the porche cayman got a 8:13 laptime

>still slower and more expensive than a FF hatch

It's very fun, but for the price it's completely lackluster and comes with a gutless N/A boxer.

the car doesnt crash itself you dumb shit.
fucking brz owners are like the new civic owners, thinking their slow shitbox outperforms legitimate supercars

It's a very good 20K USD car. However, with a 27K, 300hp Impreza sitting in the Subie lineup, the BRZ isn't exactly good value.

They could probably charge WRX money if they stuck a turbo flat four or n/a flat six in there with 250-270hp.

They both cost about the same. The Fiesta is pretty much at the limits of it's performance ability being FF where as the sky is the limit for the RWD BRZ.

Those +/- 5 seonds come from the driver, track conditions, tires, etc. So it's pretty pointless getting autistic over a few seconds.

>They could probably charge WRX money if they stuck a turbo flat four or n/a flat six in there with 250-270hp.
They are charging WRX money

a base WRX is 26.9k the fucking BRZ is 26k

800lbs less weight and RWD are worth the extra 7k for a lot of people as the sales figures indicate.

He probably means STI.

how does the 370z compare to the brz for track, handling and as DD?

That's exactly what I'm saying though. Right now, they're charging WRX money without adding that turbo flat four.

They aren't exactly selling like hot cakes, and the 27K/300hp ideal isn't anything realistic.

>They aren't exactly selling like hot cakes

They kind of are in some places. Here at least. I see 10 86's for every Ford ST. Even in winter they're really popular.

>lemme pay more for less features, less versatility, and way worse performance in every metric

Have you seen what a"superlegerra" or whatver package costs? That's 5 figures for a not even 200lb difference.

I see way more 86's than WRX's too. Most people go all the way and get the STI.

try lurking we have this thread several days a week MINIMUM

This car would be really cool if it simply had like 50 more HP. Seriously all Subaru needed to do was fix the torque dip problem. Give it 50 more HP which who cares how they do it whether they give it a turbo or simply a better tune and it'd be worth 26k IMO. But if they aren't going to do that they seriously need to drop this to the 23-24k mark otherwise its just not worth it. I don't wanna have to buy a fucking car just to blow loads more money making it not shit. because with all that extra money I could just get a better performing car to start then spend the difference on othermods and get a superior car in every way.

1. reduce price to 23-24k
OR
2. jump the power, fix the torque dip then its ok to charge 26k

>Have you seen what a"superlegerra" or whatver package costs?
?

No.

it costs alot more to turbo it and emissions are problem when tuning N/A engine/exhaust. It's a great car for technical roads, if you need something faster get the wrx.

it's that simple

>it costs alot more to turbo it
Really because currently its got the same engine as a WRX except the WRX has a turbo and the BRZ doesn't

it doesn't make a lick of sense.

>emissions
who cares.

>great for technical roads
what the fuck does this even mean?

No its simple, drop the price or make it worth 26k by getting more power, again WHO CARES HOW THEY GET 50 MORE HP JUST FUCKIN DO IT

it's literally not the the same engine, it would cost alot more to turbo the BRZ because it's not a recycled car that is the Impreza/WRX. If they did turbo it the cost would easily be over 35k for base model. Emissions are something Manufactures have to follow plain and simple. Also technical roads are backroads with tight turns If you live in an open city it won't apply to you

>WHO CARES HOW THEY GET 50 MORE HP JUST FUCKIN DO IT
then the other half would complain about it's price

daily reminder

the ring is a track where cars sit at 260kmh
shut the fuck up idiot

>it's literally not the the same engine,
The BRZ uses the FA20, the 2017 WRX uses the FA20 with a turbo.

>its not as recycled
are you dumb? its the same fucking car for the last 5 years.

>if they turbo'd it it would be over 35k

obviously not because the WRX FA20 with a turbo is 26k.

>emissions
WHO CARES there can't be such a wicked difference in emissions I really doubt they're on the edge. A fucking mustang guzzles gas with the v8 I'm totally fucking sure Subaru has plenty of room with making a simple tune or swapping the cams or changing up SOMETHING to give it a mere 50 more HP.

>backroads with tight turns
so how is that not Nurburgring? Nurburgring is highly technical all the way through even into the latter half

>The BRZ uses the FA20, the 2017 WRX uses the FA20 with a turbo.
it's actually built differently internally
>are you dumb? its the same fucking car for the last 5 years.
WRX is recycled with imprezas and such, BRZ is it's own car which costs alot more to produce
>obviously not because the WRX FA20 with a turbo is 26k.
read above
>WHO CARES there can't be such a wicked difference in emissions I really doubt they're on the edge. A fucking mustang guzzles gas with the v8 I'm totally fucking sure Subaru has plenty of room with making a simple tune or swapping the cams or changing up SOMETHING to give it a mere 50 more HP.
problem is the restrictive tune,exhaust,and intake. The intake panel filter is literally paper cardboard
>so how is that not Nurburgring? Nurburgring is highly technical all the way through even into the latter half
do you frequent the Nurburgring? not everyone has access to tracks. backroads offers plenty of enjoyment

He probably means "packages" being the difference between for example a huracan vs a huracan superleggera. The word by itself is often used by Italians to indicate a weight reduction, see Ducati.

Due to his turbo autism, he is neglected massive aero parts that come along with that.

It's not exactly the same engine as the WRX, it has a different set of valve springs, very weak valve springs, in order to make it the same engine as the wrx, it needs a tune and a few internal part changes.

idiots think you can just slab a turbo on any car without supporting mods expecting reliability

were on Veeky Forums, were people benchrace, I'm pretty sure very little people here know how to build a boxer.

so why not just buy a wrx? its not more expensive

because they are differen't cars, test drive both and you will see. People get angry when you start talking about feels and characteristics

i know they arent, but if you want a wrx get one. its more car for the money, literally.

you feel the extra weight and indirect steering

And those that do don't post about it, instead post about monstrosities they helped make.
>pic related

Woops.

The body is better, more rigid, lighter.
The engine itself wouldn't be bad if subaru and toyota could agree on things when it was developed, UEL's would have never given this torque dip and a single/lightweight exhaust would help with the weight a little, maybe have put it at 220hp, use the wrx engine but put a set of cams on to make it rev higher, all ideas that seem good on paper but didn't/won't make it in due to design choices.
I blame both companies on not being able to cooperate on what they wanted, subaru talked about a turbo and toyota said no, toyota wanted a soft top, and subaru said no.
I don't think anyone would be complaining the way they are if they had done just a tad more to it.
I like the car, but I need more out of it then whats offered at stock, but it brakes the warrenty on the damn thing.
The FA20 is also proving itself to be a great engine, but there's a lot of "kinks" that subaru threw us like those weak spings.
lol, Hey I have a dream of turning a old Forster XT into a slam van, if this shitholes still around in 2 years, I'll do the same thing.

Fucken Altezzas are faster with a 3sge that makes the same power with 10:1 where the brz needs 12.5:1 to get the same power.

Implying Subaru can't change engine internals at a whim if they need to.

they could i guess, but you need to understand that "people" that buy 86's and WRX's aren't alike. They don't want to ruin sales on the WRX so they keep them different for the other crowds

stop talking about the wrx and tell me something about the gt86 vs 370z

I bought one over a WRX even though it's slower.
They're different cars, if you care about numbers, buy the WRX, if you care about driving, buy the BRZ

Surely it boils down to the same argument
>more hp/$ for the Z
>feels and lightness for the 86

>WRX is recycled with imprezas and such, BRZ is it's own car which costs alot more to produce
No this is a dogshit reason. They build fucking machines around this and the car has been around for years there is no excuse for its price other than blatantly overpricing to take advantage of retards.

>do you frequent the Nurburgring? not everyone has access to tracks. backroads offers plenty of enjoyment
Congrats, the wrx will go around corners faster than the brz will

>muh feels
the BRZ isn't light enough to fucking matter in any metric. the 370z is only a few thousand more and is far superior to the BRZ in every way

6 cylinders is where the extra 500lbs is coming from

You can't compare the two, They're completely different. The 370 costs as much as a Camaro and has a shit aftermarket. I don't know why anybody would buy one and on top of all that it's a Nissan.

>they're completely different
>both RWD
>both FR
>both coupes
>both designed for the same demographic market

They're far more similar than different you dumb fuck

>the 370 costs more
costs less than a BRZ with enough mods to not make it shit.

People will buy it because its better than the BRZ

Neither Toyota or Subaru make other fr sports cars, r&d costs are going to be much more than on a turbo awd 4 door, which is what Subaru has made for decades.

Pretty hard to make points for a car designed for driving experience if you can't use feels as an argument.
Basically every reviewer, who all have much more experience with cars than you or me, say that it's fun to drive but underpowered.
It's light enough for weight to be an advantage against the Z, likewise with the Zs power.

Do you want to start comparing trucks just because they're FR? The 370 is just a G37 on steroids and a lot of creatine. It's more of a GT car is anything.

Nissan sells like 3 370's a month. Nobody wants them. That's why the Camaro and Mustang outsell them 10x.

>Neither Toyota or Subaru make other fr sports cars, r&d costs are going to be much more than on a turbo awd 4 door, which is what Subaru has made for decades.
nice goal post shift

first it was "its more to produce because parts" now its "R&D is much more"

>wahyou can't argue much if you don't let me use MUH FEELS in an argument.

>be a weight advantage
that doesn't help it in any way. The 370z pulls turns faster because the toyobaru isn't gimped with small ass tires, the 370z accelerates faster, the 370z is in every way more agile than a car that was supposedly designed for

why are you so upset? they are both great cars it's just preference, you WILL feel the extra weight on the Z despite the extra power

Wasn't me that was arguing about parts costs, don't have a clue about them. But designing a car from the ground up, on a drivetrain you've never used (subaru) is probably more expensive than making a faster version of one of your most popular economy cars.

It's a car designed for feels and handling, not speed, same as the mx5/miata.

Even if the Z is still faster, (not arguing that) 200kg is a lot and is definitely a noticeable difference, just like 150hp is. Aren't tyres easy enough to change if they're that bad anyway?

>you're upset for rebutting my statements

>muh i'll be faster with an engine swap

If they want to, they have to talk with toyota about making those changes too.
That's basically what the BRZ/86 has come down to, everyone arguing/making suggestions on to make it, even the companies who built it.

>Aren't tyres easy enough to change if they're that bad anyway?
the toyobaru has really skinny tires which are on par with the prius tires. So no its not as simple as getting better tires, you'd also want wider tires

which means buying wider wheels which means adjusting your suspension, making sure your scrub radius is ok, all sorts of stupid shit

aren't they 215s?

the miata NC and ND both have 205 stock and no-one complains about those being too skinny.

the miata are compact cars, the toyobaru is a mid sized car. Also the miata is a LOT lighter

its still a compact car and its still a lot lighter

Any car is better with a LS but you don't need to go that far.

Tires, Suspension, brakes, etc matter more. Then you go LS swap.

>buy a used scion model for well under 15k
>swap exhaust + tune $1200
>have a fun lightweight car that is also a comfy DD

Or just buy a miata

Nah, just pop decent tyres, but nothing too good.
I have RE003s, means it grips when you want it to but it still slides and is adjustable too. Perfect fit for it

So hypothetical, you have a choice, Lotus Elise OR an M5.

Remember, the M5 is far more powerful, quicker etc.

Which do you choose?

m5 because i'm a professional and need a daily

nope. under powered. base mustang ecoboost better value.

easy M5

elise, assuming it's not one of those really old S1s

Except 350/370 has really, really shitty brakes.

Except for shitty handling, less practicality, less fun.

>slower than a mk5 golf

man how do you even recover from this

isn't the golf R32 AWD? and that time is over a distance 1km shorter

>UELs
That's the thing I don't get. The aftermarket fixed the torque dip and hp problems so quickly and cheaply that I can't believe that Subaru didn't know about it in the first place. It's like they fucked up on purpose.

Then change the brakes if you don't like them you dumb fuck

Jesus christ of all things you could bitch about

caranddriver.com/features/z-meets-wall-we-investigate-why-the-nismo-zs-brakes-failed-at-lightning-lap