What is the meaning of life? Is searching for a meaning to life a spook...

What is the meaning of life? Is searching for a meaning to life a spook? Is there one universal meaning/purpose to life or is it subjective to each individual? Is that okay?

Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future

It's only a spook if you take the search for a meaning as a given because other people/society says you should.

>one universal
No, the universe is indifferent.

>individual
It's up to you and what you can be convinced/convince others.

>is that okay
does it matter?

>What is the meaning of life?
none
>Is searching for a meaning to life a spook?
possibly
>Is there one universal meaning/purpose to life
no
>or is it subjective to each individual?
yes
>Is that okay?
yes

To reproduce.
Yes.
>Is there one universal meaning/purpose to life or is it subjective to each individual?
Yes, as I said, to reproduce.
>Is that okay?
Sure. It's fine to me. If you think life has some meaning other than fucking and passing on your genes, it's just your consciousness fucking with you.

It depends on what you mean by "meaning". There's no prescribed purpose, but that doesn't mean living a pleasant life is worthless.
Worrying about spooks is a spook
>Is there one universal meaning/purpose to life
Live simply, pursue higher pleasures, cultivate friendships. You're going to die sometime, live as well as you can.
>or is it subjective to each individual?
Pretty much, but there's a lot that can be beneficial to everybody
>Is that okay?
Yep

So someone who is sterile or infertile is automatically a failure? Sounds pretty fucking spooky 2bh.

Meaning is subjective

Do whayever makes you happy.

Pretty much, yes. That's how natural selection works. However, I wouldn't say failure because humans can adopt, thus allowing them to fulfill their purpose.

*if happiness is your goal

Immortality.

>become immortal
>stuck on Veeky Forums forever

>"Life has no meaning unless you give it one" - Logical Positivism

wut

That could be variously hell, purgatory, or heaven, depending on the person it happens to.

"what is the meaning of life" is a loaded question

this chart oversimplifies these philosophical doctrines way too much, theyre being reduced to incredibly narrow definitions without taking the time to touch the vastness of each one

The meaning of life is sex. You are born purely to keep the species alive and strengthen the gene pool. No more, no less.

>2016
>still thinking anything has any intrinsic meaning to it

Stay spooked.

Not an argument.

Why look in so many places? Why confuse yourself? Why not see what has been happening all along and will continue to happen until you die?

The meaning of life is to form an identity

It is for you to become more...you

Thanks for reminding me to add 'spook' to my filter list.

>people still believing daddy/father edgar/advertisers and thinking life can ever have objective meaning

whoo boy.

Schulz got pretty dark in a lot of his comics.