/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQG3GSM_BM8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you won't get the first post, buttposter

That's okay.
I'm playing online with /mhg/ having fun.

4th for a quick rundown

sure bro, heres a quick rundown

-Wycedemy bows to Bogdanoffs
-In contact with Narkarkos
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control minegarde with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & guilds globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient hunter blood line
-Will bankroll the first guilds on Moga (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of monster DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First elite hunters will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
-both brothers said to have innate Sharpness+5, such handicraftness on Earth has only existed deep in ancient civilizations
-Ancient civilizationscriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon minegardeand will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own equal dragon eaopn research centers around the world
-You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
-The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Fatalis brothers, forwarding the word of dragons to the wycedemy. Who do you think set up the meeting between the guild & the wycedemy high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the wycedemy leader’s first trip to pola field in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
-They learned fluent wyverian in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in schhrade castle, only Bogdanoff castle
-The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

They are /ourguys/

why do so many pokefurries infest this thread now?

Some consider Discord obnoxious for their own reasons. It especially gets annoying when you're on a slower general and one guy wants to force one to happen when it would effectively be a death sentence. Otherwise it can appear to be something more of a fad.

ignore and blacklist

nice furpost

TL;DR anyone got a quick rundown of this post?

What is /mhg/ up to?

Post fav monster.

Populating the list.

gravios

Going to bed.

>judging the uncountable lurker hunters in the thread based on your experiences with loud, obnoxious hunters in mhg rooms
>judging the uncountable lurker hunters in the discord based on your experiences with loud, obnoxious hunters in mhg rooms

Do you people not understand that this is 90% a tool to find rooms and most people don't really talk? For every three new names I add to my guild card list, two of them don't ever say a word outside of presets.

Use that blacklist if it's so important to you to avoid certain players. Judging an user because he's in a room with someone you don't like, which is what repeatedly happens when people call out 'discord room lel no thanks,' is about as toxic to the hobby of hunting as you could possibly be.

Amatsu's been growing on me though. Teo and Jho aren't far behind either.

>brachydios fires giant firebeams

Nerscylla was better in concept art imo (like most 4th gen monsters). I even like Baelidae better. It's a shame, I really love spiders but Nersc is kind of... dopey I guess?

Its weapons are super nice looking though.

Stuff.

Tri's poster boy still a fun fight, just enough CRAZY to make you keep on your toes, but not enough to be overbearing, and has a roar you want to earplug or block otherwise it'll get a free hit off nearly every time.

Derp spider best spider

Actually, you know what it is? It's the shroud. I like how it looks when you bust that off, the shroud just makes it look like a big blobby mess.

oh fuck me sideways you just reminded me this poor bastard was in Gen and isn't getting a deviant or sub for XX.

fuck.

how cucked can one monster get. his career was so promising with ivory and abyssal then its down in the dumps suckin cocks for spare change in the back alley trying to remain relevant as a reason for D.Island's best theme to play.

Fuck capcom man. Lagi deserves better.

I'll admit I hate that fucking Shroud too, and it feels like they just have it carry that because it gives you something to break. Otherwise the only break parts is on it's back and one of it's fangs.

sad tribabby

>>>/reddit/

>leaving when you triple cart
Please don't do this. All you needed was more defense.

For the blacklister, his name was fuck off

Sorry, user. It was a mixture of stupidity and bad luck.

What's the go too set up arts for striker LS haven't played it in gens yet.

Be thankful Ichinose even brought him back. Fujioka sure as fuck won't do anything

Did he get you with defense down? bring adamant seeds. Also try gunning if you are conformable with it.

blacklisted him, thanks

>Adept and Aerial have more than one input now
>Aerial can wall-jump off ledges instead of being entirely locked into the climb animation
nah, keep Ichinose away from the games. The new blood already accomplished more than him in the demo.

>somehow manage to find a group of pubs leveling about as fast as you are
>hunt with the same 3 people almost every day at the same time
>comprised of a weabo, a guy who barely speaks english, and the quiet guy who just says hello and then hunts in silence, leaves without a word
>have a great time and get shit done with them

Zinogre.

explain both of your greentexted lines

It's always nice to meet a good group of randoms. Apart from blanche they're the chillest, most competent people I've played with.

quite a few adept Weapons gain a secondary action instead of just press X during the evade, for example pressing R with horn goes into a special recital animation from the adept evade.

When you climb an edge with Aerial, press the evade button mid-climb. From the wall jump you can do your Aerial attacks as well.

>no arts and styles in mh4
>no deviants in mh4
>no fated four in mh4
Yeah Fujioka can fuck off

>one cart left
>see someone else about to take an unavoidable big hit
>close 3ds
>open 3ds

>one cart left
>see someone else about to take an unavoidable big hit
>press start, up, a, left, a in quick succession

>one cart left
>almost took a big hit
>everyone already left
>I barely manage to kill it alone

youtube.com/watch?v=tQG3GSM_BM8

When will MH go open world like GE?

>one cart left
>about to get hit by the memebeam
>abandon before i cart
>they finish the hunt successfully

>One cart left
>See someone in trouble
>Ponder if I should lifepowder them
>Watch them to see if they are good enough to avoid the monster killing them
>They are not calm and collected and panicking
>They cart because of it
>Quest failed
>Laugh

>one cart left
>playing solo
>accidentally took my cats along
>one runs up and staggers me so I take a big hit and cart
thanks

>one cart left
>just gotta laser this last asshole
>everyone left his dead ass
>HE ROLLED FUCK
>go off to nap

what game is /mhg/ mostly playing for online nowadays? still on 4U or you guys on generations or whatever?

>Brave LS loses useless fade slashes
>Brave SnS loses useless roundslash
>Brave CB loses charge attack, shield charge, morph attacks and all of its guardpoints
Why is Capcom so incredibly shit with balancing?

Yes.

>fade slash
>useless
>roundslash
>useful

A bit of both.

Overwatch

Only one of them was due to defense down. The first one, I got hit by one of the lava plumes, and right when I got up he dug out from under me.

klik klak

Did somebody just triple cart to Akantor somewhere? How's that even possible?

Lingering hitboxes, lava and welcome beam

>useless fade slashes
1: what 2: no it doesn't

it loses the dashing spirit slash which doesn't matter because you can combo into the normal one from anything including fade slash and that has a GP and the second slash can dash to close distance, and it has no need to finish the combo

>charge attack, shield charge, morph attacks and all of its guardpoints
wait are you talking about outside of bravemode? lmao, you spend about ten seconds there with all those weapons then you get the expanded and improved moveset.

ohhh yesss

anyone wanna run some arenas?
37-8044-0200-7302

How do I unlock cham for Sakura Slash III?REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I cleared the hr one there, but it's not unlocked, do I need to the the lr one of that mission first?

How did they fuck agnaktor up? I loved fighting it in 3U but now it just feels like shit, did I just get worse at the game?

That's same filename I have for that one. Huh.

It's a little bit different. Mostly how it doesn't track where you're running on the charge and how it has sweeping beams when not submerged.

I just chalk all of the other difficulties to shit terrain

how close are we to NA release of monstercunter XX? through some error of mine my game was reset with out saves and now i have to do it all over again, atleast 4u is still fine

>I just chalk all of the other difficulties to shit terrain
I felt like this was the main thing because it's that horrible volcanic hollow map but I couldn't shake the feeling that that wasn't all.

>when not submerged

You have no idea how much peace of mind you just gave me user, I couldn't figure out why that animation felt so uncomfortable to respond to.

what are the controls for adept hbg

can you roll into siege or can you only siege out of an adept evade

if you can roll into siege, how do you do it

why the fuck does it take so long to initiate a roll in siege mode

The call that saved Capcom.

i am so excited she is back

Well that's weird. It corrupted and posted the one next to it in the folder

Unlocked it. Had to do LR one too.

you have no idea what true beauty is

better armor
better monster

Lazy old man needs to get Veeky Forums

is that what a white fatalis is? an aged fatalis?

Kek

I want to play 4U. Nobody else wants to play 4U.

Could someone please explain this memery? I'm completely lost. Bog?

This isn't a shitpost but it'll get shitpost responses and I'm sorry, but: ask the Discord. There are lots of hunters there that regularly fill up a 4U hall

Sakura Slash, Unhinged Spirit, Absolute Readiness.