/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Such a path would belike lead to further ruin: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

First for Orphan was instantly aged due to traumatic circumstances:

What level were you when you killed Orphan for the first time in NG? Running a skill build at level 70 with +10 weapons and I barely scratch the fucker before i get slapped for my full HP with a placenta yo-yo.

don't have many BB pics saved, have souls

Asking again if anybody can help me with Logarius.
I'm level 37 now, with 22 VIT.

Did you farm he winter lanterns by Orphan for main game top tier gems?

Password?

First time I killed OoK was in NG+ on my BL98

i've made every attempt to avoid those broken fuckers

how good are the gems they drop?

Pass is blood. Ringing at the boss fog.

Can Logarius be parried?
Can you parry from any distance, or do you have to be right in front of him?

22.3% phys atk up, 32% blunt/thrust atk up I believe, best deal you're gonna get out of non-chalice gems. Just slap Deep sea and great deep sea rune and an eye rune, spend all your insight and wear armor with high frenzy resistance for like +400 frenzy res. You'll kill them before you get frenzied.

Also forgot to mention they drop bloodlet gems, so you can iut the in any slot in your weapon, and they drop with curses like stam down and kin/beast atak down that, if properly olaced, won't affect yor damage. Orphan is not kin or beast btw

Thank you.

What are you trying to tell us here?

I somehow got up on that spot next to the doll, that's about it though, nothing special.

Doll is CUTE

he can easily be parried, sometimes by random melee attacks even. You just have to watch out for the slope of the roof. If you are standing on an incline and so it Logarius, your bullet will be fired way off-course

the fish priest called Byrgenwerth "blasphemous" because they desecrated Kos' sacred corpse. He called them "murderous, blood-crazed fiends" because they slaughtered the people of the fishing hamlet. I'm assuming they killed the people of the Hamlet because they had taken to worshiping Kos (either her corpse or while she was alive), and that had turned them into disgusting fish monsters worthy of hunting.

The guy saying Byrgenwerth killed Kos in the previous thread is just delusional.

>When the carcass of Kos washed up on the coast, its insides were teeming with tiny parasites, unlike any found in humans.

This strongly implies that Kos died by natural means. Whalers don't just kill the whale and let it wash ashore. Besides, there are parallels between the villagers worshipping Kos and Japanese tradition of worshipping stranded whales, since the Japs didn't whale like western sailors. Perhaps Kos didn't survive her childbirth, since the Great Ones have problems with that. And desecrating a corpse is a terrible blasphemy in all cultures, nevermind a corpse of a god or just a revered creature.

Even if we assume Kos was killed by humans, why in the world would Byrgenwerth hunters know how to hunt sea creatures? How would they find her out in the sea? Since when are they sailors? Village whalers, yeah, maybe, I can see them stumbling on Kos in the sea on one of their numerous hauls and hunting her. But the hunters? It's ridiculous.

They didn't slaughter the Fishing Hamlet because the residents just because the residents had become what they did, its because Byrgenwerth wanted what they were having.

Does anyone know or have a link to all the lines said by the wheelchair men? I know a few of them but one of my fondest memories of this game is walking into a farmhouse and having one of them scream something then one shotting me.
I love the Hunter's Nightmare hunters that yell OLD BLOOD too.

>playing dlc for a few hours.
>breeze throught it on my level 60 character suddenly wrist pain
Fuck i want to keep pl aying but its impossible now.

Why do everyone think Winter Lanterns wear the doll outfit?
It looks a lot more like the student garbs to me. It would also make much more sense.
Is it because you all suck vaatividya's cock?

I think its because of the lore dump also. The frame of time between the start of the chruch an the current situation seems to be distorted. It seems to indicate a much shorter period of time equal to decades rather than centuries

Is Rom the first human to be ascended into a Great One? If so then what's the big deal about Good Hunter becoming a Great One that makes it a "Childhood's beginning"?

I always assumed it's Good Hunter's own childhood as a Great One, not something about humanity as a whole.

Considering what happened with kos its entirely possible micolash is just talking insane bullshit. Kos was dead when it was found by byrgenworth. Its possible that its blood was used to transform rom after a hardship of labor. but i doubt it directly happened as a form of intervention.

The hunter not only transcended but in way that will probably result in a new species.

Childhood's Beginning is probably just a metaphorical title.

but rom is found in the chalice dungeons, doesn't that mean that rom was around before byrgenworth found kos or kosm?

On that level is better to stop leveling if I still want to coop and get summoned into chalice daungeons?

I'm 240 and i still get plenty of coop/invasions in most areas.

Do I seriously need to do Hintertombs for Madman Set? No quick FRC run?

yes you have to do hintertombs
may god have mercy on your soul

I'm 98 and I just realized I'm missing that dank hood.

What do you guys like the most, str or skl?

The only skl weapons i really want to use is BB and the pick, would they be less effective with a 50/25 build with heavy abyssals?

have fun friendo

50/25 str/skl is the best type of build and dont let any arcane weenies tell you otherwise

But hintertombs are easier than fucking Pthumeru chalises
Except lever guardians

First one done. Now time for lower one.

yes but they suck major ass

>the hunters hunting an animal? The people who fucking found magic healing blood and ascended planes of existence had a boat and a harpoon? So ridiculous

This is what you sound like. Also, if Byrgenwerth were not sailors then how did they even get to the fishing hamlet (which is in the middle of the ocean mind you) in the first place?

FURTHERMORE, the note you find in Byrgenwerth Study Hall says "hunt the great ones. Hunt the great ones," so we know they were in the bussiness if hunting great ones.

And done. Wasn't that bad.

There's also those huge gravestones around Byrgenwerth that an user said are for great ones, according to the guide.

Do you seriously unironically see no difference between agile warriors that hunt humanoid beasts on the streets or in caves, and hunting a huge fucking aquatic creature on a ship? Presence of magic in the setting does not excuse any and all logical inconsistencies, Yharnam doesn't even have a port for them to be in any way familiar with whaling, or having ships or anything. There's only a lake.

>fishing hamlet (which is in the middle of the ocean mind you
Where are you getting this from?

And that note is in the Nightmare Study Hall is most likely to belong to people of the School of Mensis, just like the rest of the notes there.

Bloodletting Beast in chalice is such a bitch to kill

now are skill weapons the only ones that benefit the most from heavy abyssals??

Original guy here, I tend to take chalice dungeon bosses as non-canon since it makes unique characters like Ebrietas feel cheap (but BLB, undead giant and the likes do make perfect sense).

If both Rom and Good Hunter are man-turned-Great-One, in what way is he a superior and more "pure blood" Great One than Rom and thus lifts humanity into the next childhood?

No, almost every Physical weapon would get more out of a Heavy than another 27.2% Phys gem. That includes some Strength weapons like Amy Arm, Claw, Stake, Cleaver, etc in a 50/25 Str/Skl build.jut

Is a skill/bloodtinge build viable? Any good?

Only if it's 50/50. 25/50 and 50/25 is not much different compared to a Pure Blt build or a Pure Skill build.

Viable? Yes. Good? No. They are two very different things.

If you want a good tinge build, this is how you do it.

shit that means i gotta start farming for some heavys doesn't it. well the rough 26s i have will do the job to help me through it

>It looks a lot more like the student garbs to me
What the fuck?

If you've got 50 Strength and 25 or less Skill then yeah. Some stuff like Wheel, Cuttah and Boomhammer might do better with full Blunts.

It depends esentually those builds just complement stuff. In the case of 50skl/blt you get some better use out of the eveylne and can use the the fuck out of an untricked chikage. 50blt gives you way better chikage build but locks you out of the blood letter.

Uhhh Im doing a 50 BLT run and I just got the Bloodletter last night. I only have minimum STR

The fact is Byrgenwerth hunted Great Ones. However you think about it they were already hunting trascendential beings accorss planes of existence, chasing one out in the ocean is not out of the question.

>And that note is in the Nightmare Study Hall is most likely to belong to people of the School of Mensis, just like the rest of the notes there.

Source: your headcannon

It has been confirmed Study Hall is Byrgenwerth's, and no where is it even implied Mensis wanted to hunt great ones, they seem to just want to communicate and commune with them. Yet Byrgenwerth has dozens of "Great One's tombstones" outside their college.

Is it possible to dodge through Watchdogs frontal attacks?
Every time i try i get hit at the last second by clipping his neck or some shit and its starting to frustrate me because i dont feel like farming for vials this early into the game

It's possible, but you should be using the nose bop strategy instead.

Yes, but it's better to space his attacks and dodge into the fire. Bait attacks, hit his face. When he goes to vomit, break legs.

Is the bloodstarved beast in the hunter's nightmare same one we killed earlier in the real world?

No, there are many Bloodstarved Beasts

Thanks, i finally got him
And now to run the whole thing again for another gem

so I just helped Eileen kill Henryk

I think I love her. Also, I really want her garb desu

You'll get it if you keep going through with her quest. Or if you kill her

I don't want to kill her

Then meet her up near the Grand Cathedral after you see the Red Moon.

Okay does Queen Yharnam deal blood damage or arcane damage with her attacks? All this time I assumed blood damage because it's red and it comes from her wrists and shit, but she just one shotted me from 1269 health with the full cainhurst set on for maximum physical and blood DEF. It was a counter hit after a dodge backwards on that fucking retarded red explosion she does while she's still handcuffed. Literally the first 20 seconds of the fight, and it was the one move I was being so cautious to avoid, but I die like a retard in front of my beckoner and confederate

I wanna redo my game as the tentacle man from spess. I'm too hungover at the moment to figure out how to do it so maybe later.

she tries to kill you if you ignore her fight with henryk

wtf that's not Henryk

Is it worth it going over 25 skil on a str build?

I noticed on the AR calculator that you end up with a higher one on some some skill weapons if you slap on a HA and have 34/35 skl.

99arc my man, everything else in vit, ignore all other stats

Graveguard, Choir. Yahar'gul and Madman's sets for fashion

Obtain Rosmarinus and Flamesprayer

You're set broccoli friend

If you have at most 50 Vit and 20 End already then why not. Might be better to put extra points into Arc though, 25 is good for HMS and Wheel on a 50/25 Str/Skl build.

any advice for beating Laurence aside from gitting gud? can'they seem to even get close to him with how he spams the grabbing and slam attacks.

Yahar'gul looks weird with Milkweed, try Student set

Lecture Building is entered by touching the mind of a School of Mensis scholar and leads directly to a place called "Nightmare of Mensis". Completely unrelated to them, sure. And Mensis people have been operating in a Nightmare for a while, as they had enough time to find and string up the brain, as evidenced by the Living String
>The immense brain that Mensis retrieved from the nightmare etc.

The original building was in Byrgenwerth but nothing connects it's Nightmare copy to it.

>no where is it even implied Mensis wanted to hunt great ones, they seem to just want to communicate and commune with them
The only parts of canon telling us anything about Mensis's intentions are: Micolash shouting "grant us eyes"; "rituals to summon the Moon". We still have no idea what they're summoning the Moon for.

And honestly, I don't know what to make of the Gravestones. There's no other canon mention of them apart from their name in the artbook. They can be left over by Pthumerians, the name could've been chosen just to be "cool" for all we know.

Nothing in canon suggests that Yharnamites met a lot of Great Ones Pthumerians could have, on the other hand, the Choir finding Ebrietas was their great revelation, and before that the Church was pursuing water-based research because of the whole Kos ordeal. Were all other Great Ones some shitty insignificant ones nobody remembers? No knowledge to be gained, no umbilical cords, no nothing? Hunted for fun and then buried with huge tombstones for some reason? It just doesn't fit anywhere.

when he sticks his fist into the ground then pulls it out for an aoe, dodge close and the first hit will miss you, get a hit in and then roll behind him to dodge the explosion, which then gives you another opening to do some damage. I personally like to play unlocked and just stick to his butt the entire time, but you need to be constantly vigilant and perfect with your dodges because he rotates like mad and hits behind him easily. a safer approach more suitable for later NG cycles is to play it a bit like watchdog of the old lords. instead of ever needing to dodge just stay the hell away from him, always sprinting. you never want to be mid distance from this boss. don't try to get in free hits in the middle of his combos, dodge in after his very last swing and play it safe. the grab attacks are the easiest attacks he has to punish and can easily set up viscerals since his arms stay still for a long time.

Dress for fire and nothing else. Charge attack him in the ass while he is busy doing the smash attack with his big arm. You can also charge attack him while he is preparing to grab / cooling down after his grab, or better yet hit him in his head and visceral him.

Keep an eye out for his big 3-hit sweeping arms combo, because that is the most dangerous move he's got IMO. You can dodge towards him if you are caught inside it and are too close to dodge away from the next hit. Delay your dodges to the latest possible moment on these sweep attacks.

If you just keep hitting him with heavy weapons R2s you can basically stun lock him for half the fight.

When he is in his second form he is an entirely different animal. Stick to his armpit of his small arm, and attack him while he is spewing lava. He can hit you from any angle with his big arm

>If you just keep hitting him with heavy weapons R2s you can basically stun lock him for half the fight.
forgot webm

One of the bosses I always have a lot of trouble with for some reason ;-;

thanks. I'll try to keep this in mind because after all this, a cleric beast clone being in between me and my rune is just painful

The wiki says she deals damage with "blood magic" so I guess that means blood damage. I know the attack you are talking about and it does ridiculous damage out of nowhere at the start of the fight. Never tried fighting her with arcane armor like the choir garb on, though, so I could be wrong

Beckon me, I'll help you beat him

I love fighting Laurence

it'll be a second, since I'm out of insight. let me help someone beat Gascoigne. back in roughly a half hour

ayyyy anybody wanna go galavanting through the Hamlet? Wanna get to the elevator

pw: reyntime

still need help? let me turn on my ps4

alright I'm back. If you still want to help with Laurence the password is 61115

omw

yea lets do it. Id like to get the Beast garb too, if you know how to do that

where the fuck do I go after beating Vicar Amelia and doing the side Charnel Lane/Witch area

The paaassword...

If you killed brador you cant get it anymore, the armor drops from him when you kill him around the hamlet, ringing in the lighthouse hut.

Not him, but the Beast Hide Garb is gotten after an encounter with Brador, just after the bridge with the first encounter, before you enter the caves, there's a lightning shaman, kill him and drop down where he was standing, explore the whole zone down there. It's a bit tough if you're not careful, but around a large building's foundations I think he spawns again and you fight him down, you get the Beast garb automatically upon his death.

Of course, you could go back to the Underground cells, too, and kill Brador in his cell and only have to face one encounter in that hallway. After that, his drops are just on the ground around the Hamlet.