Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VWlWWN5Eq4o
youtube.com/watch?v=cTdQ7Xx4Q34
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I crave chocolate now

Does GGxr on steam have an inbuilt net code or am I going to have to use some third party shit

How is that a question? Do you live in 2003?

wud play

youtube.com/watch?v=VWlWWN5Eq4o
For Honor costumes in Tekken when?

Yes.

Is it better than SF?

I personally think so. There are people here (who possibly haven't touched a GG game ever) who say it's worse just because it's delay based instead of rollback.

But the thing is the game has very, very low input lag if you disable a few options so you can make it feel offline-like at 3f or so delay which is what you should get at most, most of the time.

Thanks user, I'll check it out then. I'm new to fighting games but even so I found sfv to feel boring/sluggish.

Oh I thought you were asking about the netcode. Yeah GG is way better than SFV in my opinion for both new players and veterans (again imo). It's lacking a bit in players I guess, I wish it was as big (or bigger) than SFV.

What region are you from? US?

yoshimitsu guest character to for honor

NA-PNW

Online xrd can be as low as 1f on pc.

Every game can be as low as 1 frame if you play someone close enough.

Not on console where you get forced added input delay on top of online delay.

XRD doesn't have 1 frame of delay on pc. It's like 2 or 3 less than console which has like 5 something. It's still low but the legend of 0-1 delay needs to die.

1+1 does not equal 1, most people don't even have a set up for PC xrd to have native 1f anyways

void people bought you for honor to stop posting here

Ask any actual GG player and they'll tell you the difference is a couple frames

Apparently Capcom producers are using the "5000 entrants at EVO" thing as a proof that SFV is a good game.

>Playing anime

"Using" in what way?

>playing shoto fighter

Mentioning it in blogposts.

ggs minastir

GUILTY GEAR IS DOPE

Quite sad. Reminds me of Al Bundy and his touchdowns he did 4 years ago.
Aren't the registrations open for a few weeks already? Weird that we still have no 1000 entrants for game tweet.

>SFV is a good game
Well... it's one of those cases that some people make it out much worse than it really is, but despite that it's still a mediocre product anyway. My fear, however, is that they are going to play that card to show that "everything is fine" except it's not.

Just like their fans

GGs

It won't last much since we'll see this year's numbers soon enough.

>release a game that is not completed
>good game
choose one

where?

Still have no idea who this delicious specimen is but I've fapped to her more times than I can remember

>random fullscreen ex shoulder tackle
>free on block

anyone excited for umvc3 for pc? i pre ordered it and now im more hype than i was

kys

i plan to at some point in the future, yeah

i miss usf4

i mean, i can still find matches for it, but it's not the same as the community playing it as their main game

Just grab it

Please don't tho

Haters get left behind.

I don't get it. What exactly do you miss? I had fun with the game and it's iteration, but at the end of 4 I was really looking forward to play something new.
Is it this feeling "I got so far, put so much time into this game, got good at it and don't wanna start over"?

I just think it's fun and that SFV is a bit whack.

I hit diamond if that means anything.

Sagat broke everything, he did that to Sim in the corner too.

>but at the end of 4 I was really looking forward to play something new.
Consider not bindgeplaying just one game for years.

What if Harada announced a capo at the Peru Tekken tournament?

Fair point
and it probably does

I just thought at the end of 4, we had seen everything. We had this overblown roster, the salty top tiers, the crazy comebacks. It was time for a fresh start.

It would be amazing, I want my Christie back

They would fucking kill him

OH MY GOD
OH MY JESUS OH MY GOD

I have a pic of me mashing it out 3 years ago. You end up teleporting back to the other side when Sim lands.

I was a big KoF13 fan. Hell, I even importet 12.
But I kinda always floatet back to SF4 and also had mad fun.

>tfw it's almost 6am but you wanted to play

Sako's Akuma is so much fun to watch compared to Tokido's Akuma.

Tokido just goes straight for the unga, Sako plays in a very entertaining way.

tfw east coast too

I'm finally almost tired enough to fall asleep, almost.

4 had plently of more in it.
>It was time for a fresh start.
Why?
Why put all your trust into capcom after you feel the game you forced yourself to play was not good? Games don't become bad if they are good.

/fgg/ is really mean and unwelcoming to their games compared to other generals

Except for SC2 but we don't talk about that general

SF4 was already pushing it: the engine, the netcode, the roster.
I'd rather have a new foundation to build on, than to top on a frankenstein Lego Jenga tower.

/poeg/ is probably the worst I've ever used. At least you can tell when /fgg/ is having fun, /poeg/ is full autism. I managed to break through and find a way to enjoy the game and general but they don't like anyone enjoying their game unless you enjoy it their way.

thats because everyone in /fgg/ is an online warrior with no social skills

except me

This is why I say things need to change with SFVI.

SFV is just an extension of SFIV rather than a new foundation. It's another Dimps Fighter.

I wanted something new too. I guess my (and a lot of other people) complaint is that sfv is just not as fun and interesting.

How do I stop being bullied for being bad at fighting games?
Getting gud takes time you know and Im trying...

If this is the trend SFVI is going to be another Dimps Fighter just like SFIV and SFV.

just be chill and don't be a fag dude, people are chilll

>SFVI
>happening

Much like /poeg/, /fgg/ doesn't like it when people are having fun or when people post fun webms because in interrupts their shitposting

I always wanted to get into street fighter.
But since I don't have a PS+ subscription, it might not be worth the purchase.
Does the game have any single player content at all to justify a purchase? I might subscribe at some point, but is there any reason to play it offline at all?

Kolins anti-air counter thing.

Am I wrong in thinking that its crazy good amazing? easy to land and does tonnes of damage

I can parry jump in attacks with akuma 9 times out of 10. landing kolins counter will be as easy as that, correct?

Nobody will ever jump at me again. feels good

It will indeed happen.

The question is: how?

>get hype
>tweet it out
>Season 3 cancelled
>SFVI to replace it
>???
>Death or Glory

I still think that her V-Skill having a Parry effect is dumb, especially considering she's got counter moves already. It should be an armor move.

It has story mode, individual character stories, trials, local versus, CPU versus, survival mode (but its shitty)

It definitely has a decent amount of offline content, but youll run out of it quickly unless you have a friend to play with locally.

At least we still use quotes here, though. I hate that meme.

SFV still hasn't sold their estimated 2m copies

Maybe sony will fund them again

Yeah, you guys are right. But I guess due to financial restrictions this is what we got.

>SFV is just an extension of SFIV
Can you explain?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised that by next year they announce that there is going to be something like a "Street Fighter V will be upgraded to a new game: Street Fighter VI!"

Street Fighter: V has been a flop at almost every conceivable level for Capcom and the casual market has been put off so badly by the horrible business practices of it that if Capcom sits on it for too long than Street Fighter VI will be an outright failure in terms of sales just because of how badly SF:V is seen in the public eye at this point.

Worst part is that this has affected the entire genre as a whole. Interest in fighting games were already declining rapidly but now Capcom has actively chased people who were already getting in the scene away.

Street Fighter: VI better come soon otherwise we're going to become so small and niche that twitch and other companies just might not see any worth in even sponsoring or supporting us anymore.

Leave it to Capcom to not only destroy their own franchise but bring down the whole fucking genre with it.

From what I've heard the numbers for FR are already lower than the previous year, however this may have more to do with last year's FR being wack than SFV losing control.

Would I be able to gitgud at it by just fighting CPUs before jumping into online?
Thanks.

Pretty simple minded and overly gloom way of looking at it.

Atleast fighting games arent Train Simulator tier with DLC

DoA isn't much far away from that

Same fighting engine from SFIV, same-y artstyle and art direction, same general gameplay feeling (not the actual gameplay mechanics).

You can grind tech or call a friend and play Irl

youtube.com/watch?v=cTdQ7Xx4Q34

Street Fighter V is not worth anyones times, especially without online.
Guilty MKXL, Injustice, Guilty gear. BlazBlue and KoF14 are all more worth your time.

>It definitely has a decent amount of offline content
WHY
DO
YOU
KEEP
LYING
TO
FUCK
OVER
INNOCENT
PEOPLE

Training mode will teach you more than fighting the CPU will. Go into training mode and learn your buttons, their ranges, which of them are cancellable, which of them combo together, etc.

Fighting the CPU is completely different than fighting another human. It will give you as many bad habits as much as it will teach you.

>It definitely has a decent amount of offline
Ono,stop

>LYING

I literally listed all offline content. If you dont agree, then surely you can decide for yourself whether it is or not.

That being said, it IS a pretty decent amount

Training mode will but don't be scared and play online you'll meet people and get to play with them and have fun

The quantity is there at least...

>2020
>Capcom will do something retarded with the game
>people will hate it and begrudgingly play
>SFV will be the new USF4, people will say it was great while USF4 goes into masterpiece status.
Essentially whats been happening these 30+ years.

which is what I said... yes