/ng/ - Nioh General

PUREST girl edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>Little things to know

Your amrita counter turns gold when you have enough to level up.

If you're going to sell your gear, break it down first and sell the materials because they are worth more.

Using spirit stones will charge your spirit weapon.

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected, this saves time running back to your grave and also takes away the risk of losing all your amrita before you reach your grave

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour when you defeat them, these pieces are good but they often require investment into skill or strength etc. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon. This is a great advantage because your forged gear has lower requirements and you don't have to farm the boss all the time for more pieces.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most. Don't worry if the clan you chose is on the losing side (red or blue team), clans can change color if one is dominating too much.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

t. conquered:

Can anyone confirm that Hanzo drops his sword text? He just doesn't seem to want to hand it over.

Yes. I got it from him but he never dropped his armour.

Cool, good to know. I guess I'll just tough it out and keep going.
For the record, was it on Adept or Veteran?

That also happened.
I don't really know, everything that could have gone wrong for me did in that fucking boss.
The only thing i didn't fuck up was that i had all fires lit.
I'm not saying he's bullshit or anything. He's easy if you prepare accordingly.
I didn't really find any other bosses difficult. Nue and Enma as well.
Everyone has a kryptonite boss.
I can't understand people striving at Nue, for example.
The kitty-cat is easier than Onryoki. Without the balls.
Also, cannot wonder how so many people die to One-Eyed Onis.

man, this spear skill is fucking nuts

i played like complete ass and still beat her first try

>you will never sniff tofu out of tome's ass

>finally farm the text for Muneshige's bow
>make one to replace my decent, but underleveled copy
>it's kinda shit
>forge another one
>it's shit too
Thanks, Shiggy

How do I perform God of Wind 3? It just seems impractical to use during a combo. I can manage parry fine at times but not GoW3.
Managed to accidentally do one on a sloth'd opponent.

Got mine on adept

I got it on adept. People said it was the quickest way to farm iga set. He dies so fast in it that the longest part is his wool-gathering emote at the end.

spears are generous for low-skill players but i'm seriously annoyed by how much longer it takes to kill shit compared to any other weapon class unless you can riposte it

Were you able to set her on fire to benefit from the 30% extra damage?

Alright, I'll keep doing that then. Thanks user.

Is it the "press triangle at the right time" one?
If it is, i usually press it just as the kick hits. Works 80% of the time.
It is hella good once you get used to it. It catches dodgy enemies easily.

2nd image for wet nurse

Is it just me or does being afflicted by wind also cause you to deal less damage?

>that sub-mission where they make you fight 2 tengu

I'm guessing people bitch about Nue because he can 2 shot you with lightning and if you get hit by one the second is almost guaranteed to hit. Now I can't imagine actually getting hit by that shit save possibly the charge up he does a bit after you stagger him but I can't see anybody falling for that more than once.

nah, didn't even try using spirit guardian talismen because she moves so fast

it's easier to trash her with 1kat anyway, 1kat is hilariously broken

Mitsunari's golden armour looks AESTHETIC as fuck.

Really not looking forward to grinding that boss battle a million times for the text.

Wew just figured it out at last. Gotta press triangle twice during the kick.

Tome cute

>2kat dojo master drops heavy armour set

I would disappoint the fuk out of Fuku

you aren't that faggot who flipped the fuck out and had a mental breakdown last thread, are you?

I'm absolutely sure they did something to its lightning on ki regen because alpha nue was piss easy and actual nue is fucking cancer with its instant double lightning bolt with ridiculous aoe and damage which takes away lots of potential hits since you have to account for it and cannot just punish nue while it has no ki like pretty much every other boss

2-shot with the lightning?
Seriously?
There's no way. I must have been overleveled then.
Anyways, it's damn easy to dodge and it's not close to guaranteed the second.
I'm pretty sure you can dodge then run and it won't hit.
Whenever i see him entering lightning stance i just count 1-2-3 bolts, then hit him in the belly while he casts the fourth.

I think you can do it with only one press.
Try a half-press
If i remember correctly, i've done it with a single press consistently.
Practice a bit. It has homing capabilities. Try on ninjas.

The only time where I accept people using slot talisman.

Those flying bird niggers are such a pain.

Don't be silly, that guy's gone away to play For Honor

No, not me, but I saw that.
I will admit I'm getting tired of farming Hanzo however.

will heavy armor ever be viable?

Considering rebuilding my character so I can wear heavier armour.

Not because I particularly care about the armour itself, I just don't want my revenant having reddit demon armour.

Just... Feels wrong lads

Will poise ever be viable?

I think his charged-up lightning hits harder than the 4 bolts, I've eaten two of those and survived with no lightning resist but not backing off the assault soon enough after the stagger got me instaded.

thinking about doing the same

i'll probably need like 30stam/ 30str to be able to wear WotE at 70%

not when bosses can one shot you

explain

Generally you will. In the set of medium I'm wearing I'm at 33 stam 30 str to avoid being weighed down. But my set is heavier than most. It's not as if the points are wasted as they feed directly into passives from other weapons that you can use

Ancient weeaboo magic folded 10 gorillion times

nippon magic my dude, filthy whaito piggo like yourself wouldn't understand

You mean the "wakeup" he does when hes recovering his Ki?
I'm not following.
Either its an attack i never payed too much attention or its the wakeup thingie.
And if its the latter, isnt it common sense to back a bit when the enemy will recover it's ki?
I'm actually lost. I REALLY can't see any problems with Nue.
And i always kill him whenever i'm on mount Hiei. For me it's free amrita and a happy summoner.

Yeah, it's a quick roar with a lightning bolt that hits him directly followed by a second centered on you. And yeah, backing off is common sense, as I implied, that said it'll kill you dead if you don't which is the only way I can see people having trouble with Nue if they're tunnel visioning that hard.

But... that is a playstyle problem that would affect mostly any boss, isnt it?
"Mostly" because tunneling in Ogress kinda works.
But well, we all tunnel sometimes. Dying once or twice because of it it's okay

I dunno man, you'd think Hino-enma would break people of just going ham with the attack strings but I really can't think of any other way people would have trouble with Nue

I can't even use this weapon because it looks absolutely beyond retarded
Good thing wind is shit element anyway and everything wind is cancer

It's kinda ok on axes... but yea they really dropped the ball on wind and earth. At least there's no bad weapons.

Is that the doji-kiri or whatever it's name is?

It's not just you, wind is a damage debuff.

>think axes/hammers look boring
>avoid them for the whole game
>decide to start using them to build proficiency because I want that sweet platinum trophy
>turns out they're really fun

I love when an enemy is out of ki so you knock them over and basically smash their fucking skull in with a giant hammer.

Best axe has lightning though

I guess you're right. Must be that.
I'll continue helping people beat him.
Clan Mori best regards.
You too can be a coop buddy today! Just sign up for Mori and heal your summoners!

I sign up for less summoner damage taken and use my incense

Should 15 be my max for spirit or will more guardian spirits have higher requirements?

How does the 'boost all special effects by 50% when health is low' works?
eg. damage reduction 1.5%, under special effects 2.0%?

Is the poison buff from the ninja tree worth getting?

you need 25

I killed Snow Cunt. Only took 4 tries shockingly.

I think most Yokai are immune to poison, so no.

Why ever use poison when there's fire.

That also works.
I prefer having a controlled healing, because sometimes summoners insist on putting themselves into unnecessary danger.
Also, fan maedate(headgear) is somewhat a cheap replacement for the incense, as you draw aggro with higher priority.

Just beat the Spider Bitch, also the first time I used sloth. Won't be using Sloth again since it made the fight a joke

What's even the point of those elemental talismans when you can forge weapons with the element you want?

Yeah, I only really use Sloth for boss farming, not the first time around.

i am regretting buying this game

If you activate an elemental talisman after inflicting a different element on a boss, you can inflict Discord.

>Give up 40 Luck to be a healslut

Has the ost been posted yet?

Because your +wind won't work on Mitsunari but a fire talisman will.

git gud

Does the Snakebite Technique(increases recurrent dmg dealt by 10%) in Ninja tree mean my dmg from 2kat's Water Sword will be increased?

Most spirit you need is 25.

No

I'm getting 64 luck and 16% silver tongue from furuta

got some nice boosts after last clan war

Are there any Nue Mask equivalents for the other elements?

Can you get luck on every piece? Not talking about drop rates on items and shit. Talking about pure luck. Seems like I only get it on helmet.

Yes
yes

can you prove this shit?

Which one the existence of masks that give elements
Here's a mask. It does fire.
If you want to know about a full luck set you'll have to ask full luck user to post his picture again

talking about luck mate. I want to see legs or chest with luck

How do you farm boss mats? Must you go through the whole level every time?

yes

Great...

How come no one told me Kekkai was great.

Once you get used to the layout you can just sprint through most missions straight to the boss. I did the Ogress Twilight mission last night and finished it in about 5 minutes by just running straight to the key and then running to the boss.

I think somebody here said you can exit the game after you killed the boss if he did not drop the mats and redo the boss.

Extra gold is also great

>See enemy yokai
>Headshot
>Grapple
>High, quick, combo
>Repeat for 30 hours

Man so much fun zzz...

I feel retarded for asking but what do you mean by exit the game? Just close the application after beating the boss?

When you start it back up do you just start at the last shrine or something?

You could try not doing the same thing ad infinuim.

>See Nioh thread
>Whip out the good ol' pasta
>Type in captcha and hit that post button
>Repeat for 30 hours

Man so much fun zzz...

CAN YOU EARN SMITHING TEXTS AS A VISITOR? I WANT TO FARM SAIKA'S TEXTS BUT WOULD RATHER VISIT FOR FASTER RUNS.

>Just close the application after beating the boss?
>When you start it back up do you just start at the last shrine or something?

yea seems like I never tried this.

So what're the best sets?
I haven't started the text grind yet but I might as well start somewhere.

It was literally obvious from its description, and if you ever did onmyo mystic art mission you would appreciate it even more

Can confirm, I just picked up Saika's Ravenwing text from the twilight mission as a visitor.

Anyone know what the two titles below "Unarmed Samurai" in the Agyo tree are?

post you're guys bois