I can get all of these around 12k or lower and under 40k miles

2016 chevrolet sonic ltz trim - 1.4l turbo
2016 nissan versa - sv trim - 1.6l non turbo
2016 ford fiesta - se trim - 1.6l nonturbo
(fiesta is 12.7 but only has 100 miles)

sonic has most power
ford has best interior
versa has best mpg

Are there any other options that will offer a better price/power/interior?

I'm leaning towards the sonic right now.

All are sedan but if I can find a better hatchback option i'll look at it.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/ford/fiesta)
motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/sonic/2014/2014-chevrolet-sonic-rs-sedan-first-test/)
chevrolet.com/sonic-small-car/specs/trims.html#
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why don't you buy a used car that isn't a pile of crap?

i swear to fuck if you get a goddamn automatic sonic you will regret it

>assmad GM fangirl drives a rebadged daewoo

Really made me laugh.

can I ask why?

after driving cheapo trucks all my life I want something newer and most of these give me triple mpg even in slushbox modes they will probably be faster.

>sonic has most power
You shouldn't even be considering that with the type of car you're shopping for. You are looking at basic bitch bottom tier CVT/Automatic econoshiboxes. If you are looking for something even *remotely* enjoyable to drive, you are barking up the WRONG TREE!

These are not meant for enjoyment I am talking about ability to get to highway speeds the fastest the sonic will do it

wut

because its slow as fuck even with a stick shift

ass mad Chrysler owner cant even deal with my superior chebby sanic

>ability to get to highway speeds the fastest the sonic will do it
Not necessarily. Most HP (by a couple) does not equal fastest. Look up the 0-60 and 50-70 times

t.assmad GM fangirl because his not-Daewoo shitbox caught fire again

well atleast when my daweoo breaks i can drive my jdm tite civic, or my vee ate truck, or hell a shitbox plymouth

then why would I want one in stick?

109 hp versa 107 torq
138 hp sonic 148 torq
120 hp fiesta 112 torq

pure numbers game

>pic related for that user image

because it makes it Slow, not geriatric

it also makes it fun to drive down mountain roads and pretend you are driving a sports car

>pure numbers game

But:
Fiesta 0-60 8.7s (caranddriver.com/ford/fiesta)
Sonic RS 0-60 8.7s (motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/sonic/2014/2014-chevrolet-sonic-rs-sedan-first-test/)

So even with that 18hp advantage it isn't appreciably faster. This is why I told you to
LOOK
IT
UP
because HP doesn't mean faster, weight and gearing also make a difference.

buy a sports car if you want to drive fast

biggest problem with the fiesta is it uses the dct which is quirkier than the CVT and less reliable [citation needed]

for the price point it really might be the cvt sonic that takes the cake for me if I enjoy the test drive more than the fiesta

hatchback would be cool for extra versatility but I still have my beat up truck for that as I do not need to trade it in to afford the price

a 2014 rs is not the 2016 1.4l turbo

8.1-8.5 from my googlefu/youtube looks

but still at these speed ratios it is a minimal difference you are correct it boils down to the dct vs cvt

do not buy a fiesta with an automatic

there have been lots of problems reported with that thing

buy the manual instead

I would go with the sonic versa or other cvt instead of a manual fiesta

well whatever

just don't get an auto fiesta unless you want it to blow up at some point

post your local craigslist and budget (cash only)

Avoid gthe Versa like the Plague. Those CVTs are known for failing.
The Fiesta uses a DCT that is also known for failure, though nowhere near as bad as the Versa.
The Sonic is, ironically, the most reliable and fun to drive car you're looking at in automatic trim since it doesn't use a fancy DCT or CVT.

Show me just ONE COUNTRY where the Chevy Sonic was sold as a Daewoo
Pro-tip: You can't. Daewoo was killed off in 2010, and the Sonic didn't come out (globally) until 2012. And the Sonic shares absolutely NOTHING with the Daewoo Kalos its predecessor was.

No thanks
noted
sonic has a cvt though
???

get a 3k civic faggot.

I have a 2013 CVT Accord and the transmission is such a pos compared to my old 92 Accord.

I had a Chevy Cruze for 5 weeks for work and it was a piece of trash. Could barely drive up a hill couldn't do a U turn without a 3 pointer.

Can't believe people buy these things.

Go for the Ford.

>sonic has a cvt though
no it does not. It uses a conventional 6 speed automatic. The SPARK is the one with the CVT.
chevrolet.com/sonic-small-car/specs/trims.html#

>trashes a car because he got stuck with a base model

The Sonic is smaller and lighter than the Cruze. This is literally a non-issue user.

i have a 2014 fiesta se 1.6 and its a pretty fun car. obviously everything is meh for the price point but i like it.

Why not sentra/civic? A little more power and should be around same price. Corolla most likely has toyota tax
Of those 3 i would take the versa though

2014 civics + with CVT transmission and 30-40k miles start off at 14.5k near me. Does not seem worth it to me.

I'm an idiot then I had assumed both would be based on the CVT. Thought I read it used a VVT somewhere.

Sonic is a clear winner then. A normal 6 speed with over 25mpg city is perfect for me.

>VVT
it has that, but what engine doesn't these days?
VVT is Variable Valve Timing and alters the timing of the engine's camshafts
CVT is Continuously Variable Transmission, and while known for their fuel economy, they are shit for reliability.

Also, the CVT in the Spark (which slots below the Sonic) is the same exact CVT as the Nissan Versa. There's a weird parts sharing deal between GM and Nissan there.

>???
The Sonic is often confused for its predecessor by retards. The car the Sonic replaces was the Chevrolet Aveo (outside of North America, the Sonic is actually sold as the second generation Aveo)
The Aveo was built by a South Korean company called Daewoo (bought by GM in 2002. The original Aveo was a rebadged Daewoo Kalos.